Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Meetings and Greetings (Private)

Postby Yomegami » 09/11/2008 8:52 PM

In the days since he had first arrived at the Ruins and settled into the castle that had been so well-prepared for his arrival, the Voidbringer Paragon known as Ancalagon the Black realized that he had never gotten out much. In fact, he hadn't bothered to leave the Ruins at all, not even when a second Paragon arrived. As such, now was the time to get a move on if he wanted to get anywhere in life.

Once he had made that decision, however, there came the question of where to head. Jawan had been visited one too many times by other pets from the Ruins, The Grand Cathedral seemed a bit too obvious, and trips to the Vast Plains seemed to take a long while.

But no one had been to either Aldrect or Lamenolai before. And so, Ancalagon took it upon himself to be the first creature of the Ruins to visit one of these cities.

It'd be a great way to meet others. Perhaps he'd even run into another Paragon of the opposite gender. Of course, had he left in the daylight, he would have been pressured to take the Ruin's other Paragon, Lilith, with him. Had he done that, his chances of snaring a mate from another residence was nil - if, for nothing else, his companion would drive everyone away with her biting, sarcastic nature. In addition, her complaints that it wasn't at least sprinkling would do his head in before too long.

Because of that, it was around twilight when he chose to leave, leading to it being full-blown night time when he finally found himself standing in front of Lamenolai's gates.

Ancalagon looked around for a few moments. In his current, draconic form he was going to cause chaos if he tried striding into town. And so, he proceeded to change into his human form - shrinking down tremendously, he gained short, brown hair, and a mostly black leather outfit, finally changing into a human around 6 feet tall.

There. That would make things easier. Wearing a bit of a smirk on his face, the human-form Voidbringer walked into town.

((For myself and Robopup.))
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 09/11/2008 9:36 PM

ImageImage
Althea 2.3/Kunimatsu 2.3

They casually strolled through the darkened streets of Lamenolai, one of them whistling a merry tune, another one of them belting out the lyrics with a bell-like voice. Every now and then the voice would crack, but it was still pretty good. The two had managed to escape from their watchful caretaker, Psyche, and were now enjoying their wonderful, wonderful freedom. There was no Frightmare to snap at them, no rules, no limits on how far they could go. Freedom tasted so sweet.

"Hey! Althea! I wanna be a dragon rider! Be my dragon! Be my dragon!" the tiny Lubshi jumped up and down excitedly. His companion, a Paragon called Althea grinned at him.

"Sure! C'mon, hop on!"

Althea dipped her head down and Kunimatsu climbed on, his bright eyes sparkling. The Lubshi yelled, "Forward, brave mount! We must rescue the princess!"

For good measure, Althea roared.

The roar echoed through the town, startling some of the inhabitants out of their sleep. Kunimatsu laughed and hugged Althea's neck tightly with his stubby arms, a happy laugh escaping from him.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 09/12/2008 8:36 AM

Closed.... Closed.... Dang. Maybe he should've gotten here earlier in the day. As Ancalagon strode through a street filled with stores, he couldn't help but see that every single one of them was closed. He was really hoping at least one of them would be open.

Ah well. When you're nocturnal most of the time, you've got to learn about dealing with this sort of thing.

As there was nothing to see here, the Voidbringer continued onwards towards the end of the streetm preparing to turn onto the next block.

But as he did, the sound of a roar reached his ears. It sounded like it belonged to....another paragon. Yes, that was it, unless his hearing was playing tricks on him.

But as his red eyes (about the only sign that he wasn't the human he appeared to be right now) scanned the area around him, he couldn't percieve anything. Then again, the roar did sound like it was some ways off....
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 09/13/2008 7:20 PM

Althea 2.4/Kunimatsu 2.4

Althea roared again and took off, her wingbeats stirring up the dust around her. Kuni hung on, his eyes wide as they flew into the night sky. He looked down and laughed again at the tiny town below them. "Faster, Al, faster!" Kuni shouted.

Althea grinned at him and said, "Hang on!" She looped once, twice, in the air before going into a straight dive down. The Lubshi screamed with exhiliration as the ground rushed up to them. At the last minute, when it seemed like they were going to crash into the pointed roofs, Althea pulled up, and they were floating gently with the wind.

The Paragon laughed with Kuni and surveyed the streets below for any interesting sights.

"Look there, Althea! There, there!" Kuni climbed up to the top of her head. "Do you see that guy walking around? What's he doing outside so late? What do you think, Al? Huh?"

"I don't know... hey, be careful-!"

Kunimatsu leaned over too far and was suddenly falling down, this time screaming in terror. Horror overtook Althea and, for a second, she couldn't move. And then she was flying, faster than she ever had before. "Hang on!" she roared. "I'm coming!"

But she had hesitated too long. There was no way she could reach the falling Lubshi in time...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 09/13/2008 11:39 PM

Another roar.... Yes, that had to be another Paragon. He himself had roared several times (most of those times were because of Lilith), thus it didn't take him very long to recognize the sound.

Only problem - where was this other Paragon?

For a split second, Ancalagon considered shifting back to his usual form to locate him (or possibly her), but the appearance of said paragon suddenly appearing overhead caught his attention.

A small smile crossed his face. Not only had he seen another paragon this late that wasn't another Voidbringer or (oh, the horror) a Grim, this other paragon appeared to be a female.

But before he could shapeshift back into a paragon to speak with the female, there was a scream of terror as something small suddenly tumbled off the female's head.

For a few seconds, he glanced, trying to figure out what it was. Then, he decided - to heck with it. If he didn't do something, it was going to go splat on the sidewalk. Add that to the fact that the female was diving after it - it had to be something important.

And so, he broke into a run, trying to intercept the falling object before it smacked into the ground. Once he was certain he was close to being under it, he held out his arms and readied himself to snare it when it was within reach.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 09/14/2008 5:25 PM

Althea 3.0/Kunimatsu 3.0

Kunimatsu, as he was falling, found himself thinking two very serious thoughts. The first: I don't wanna die. The second: I think I'm supposed to hit the ground now.

Kuni began to cry, realizing that he wouldn't be around to see the sunrise like Althea had promised him. He hadn't, in his short life, been able to see a sunrise and his Paragon friend had promised him that he would be able to see on today. It is a stupid reason to cry about if you're falling to your death, but that's what the Lubshi did.

Suddenly, the wind stopped whistling in his ears, Kuni felt that he was being held. He looked around him, dazed, and for a split second thought that a shadow had caught him. Then he realized it was the man he had been looking at when he was in the sky and slowly wiped away his tears.

"Kuni! Oh my gosh..." Althea landed in front of them, her eyes wide with relief. "Thank you! Thank you!" She hastily dipped her head and said, "Kuni, you all right?"

The Lubshi blinked. "Am I in heaven?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 09/14/2008 7:41 PM

The sudden weight of catching the falling creature made Ancalagon stumble a bit, but he soon regained his footing. And then he saw that the thing he had caught was a Lubshi - a Candle Lubshi, to be precise.

As he watched, he saw it wipe away tears. Well, who could blame it - if something as small as it was falling to its death, it would've been crying.

A few short moments afterwards, the female Paragon landed, thanked the human-form Voidbringer, and then questioned the Lubshi - named "Kuni", apparently -if it was alright. The response: "Am I in heaven?"

Ancalagon chuckled as he kneeled and gently set the Lubshi down. Surely, he would've wanted to been set down in a few minutes anyway.

Looking back at the female, he questioned "I take it that's your Lubshi, ma'am?"
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 09/21/2008 8:42 PM

Althea 3.1/Kunimatsu 3.1

Althea looked at the strange man and shook her head. "No. He's my friend. I don't own him. C'mon, Kuni, get back on my back."

The Lubshi complied and clung tightly to her neck, as though he was afraid that he was going to fall off any moment now. "Thank you, mister," Kuni said. "I'm glad I'm not a splat on the floor right now."

"What's your name?" Althea asked.

"You know, we saw you up in the sky," Kuni said. "We were flying and watching you cuz no-one goes out at this time of night... I think..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 09/22/2008 8:34 AM

Well, being his friend was close enough for his tastes. Although the better way to word his question, Ancalagon thought, would probably be "Is that Lubshi with you, Ma'am?"

No matter. The Lubshi thanked him for saving him, then the female asked him what his name was.

"My name? I go by Ancalagon. Ancalagon the Black." he responded. And to answer the Lubshi's question, he said "I go out this late because it's less crowded - less crowd manuvering you have to do in order to get anywhere."

Right now, he decided it best not to return to his usual form. Of course, the name might tip off the female that this wasn't exactly a human, but that still didn't mean he was going to unless she asked.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/02/2008 6:38 PM

Althea 3.2/Kunimatsu 3.2
(Yay. I replied at last XD)

"Ancalagon the Black..." Althea tilted her head at him. "That's a nice name. I'm Althea. This is Kunimatsu... but he likes to be called Kuni."

Ancalagon the Black... now that had a catchy ring to it, Althea thought. I guess it's normal for humans to call themselves 'So-and-so the Something'. That's a really weird naming system but I guess I could get used to it. Maybe I should change my name to Althea the Red or something like that...

Kuni stared at Ancalagon with his wide eyes and piped up, "Is it all right if I call you Ancal? Do you like nicknames? I like nicknames a lot... saves a lot of breath..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate