Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

[27] [16]

Postby Jaykobell » 05/25/2009 12:59 AM

Navi could only watch as Akakios let the corpse of that man waver away. The situation was ironic; she, who had started as Akakios's victim, had been saved by the one who was supposed to get rid of her. Quite ironic indeed, and now she had no idea what was going to happen. Would he kill her now, or would he... simply not do anything? She'd survived a rifle just now (albeit barely; the burning bullet in her thigh reminded her of that), but would she be able to survive another? She was used to firearms; she had seen many in the army. She was used to them enough so that she wouldn't panic at the sight of a gun of any kind; but that didn't mean that she could actually avoid bullets.

Suddenly she winced, and the bullet, still lodged into her thigh, made her squeal. "A-ah..." She had to get that bullet out of her leg, or else it could get stuck there and cause negative side effects. But how could she tend to it now...? And while Akakios was further away, running away would be pointless; she was too unstable because of that bullet. As if on cue, her captor finally stopped gazing at the black waters to walk back towards her. Was this the end?

Her first reaction was to try to scramble away, and she did so by pushing herself away as much as she could, though she didn't get too far because of the sand and because of her limited movement. She kept her eyes on Akakios, whom was simply approaching her calmly, unreadable. "Are you... going to kill me now?" she asked, instinctively trying to curl into a ball.

Akakios stopped a few feet away from her, the rifle still over his shoulder, his composure still calm and distant. He stared down at the slightly-frightened and injured woman in front of him, his green eyes locked on Navi. "I'm supposed to," he replied with that same uncaring tone of voice as he had used earlier, "but I... can't," he continued, a hint of hesitation in his voice, as if he had to really look for that one word, can't. With that said, he got down and sat on the sand, crossing his legs and looking around. As one of the small ducks padded up to him, Akakios raised a hand and petted the bird, which quacked happily, seemingly used to this kind of treatment. "I... owe you... for my ducks."

.: The End...? :.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Previous