Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

~Pastél's Candies and Baked Goods~ [Hiring; inquire within!]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/03/2009 2:43 PM

It was a bright, glorious day in Lamenolai, and it was just as glorious outside as it was inside a little building that currently had "Under Construction" signs all around it.  It was a store, one could see that.  What they could not see, however, was what was inside--the windows had their curtains drawn.  But what they could not see inside was revealed, in a sense, by the smells that wafted out naturally through the chimney.  Anyone who passed by the little building knew that it would be either a candy store or a bakery.

On the inside of the building, a timer went off and scurrying footsteps were heard as they rushed to the oven to remove a batch of cookies that had just finished baking.  When the cookies had been set onto a cooling rack to settle, an anthro-form Taffy Kuhna walked out of the kitchen, wearing a simple shirt and a pair of jeans under an apron.  "I think we picked a lovely day to open the shop, Kiana-love.  How's the sign coming?" he asked as he wiped his hands off on the apron, walking to the other side of the store where a Nightlight Kuhna sat, carefully painting the words, "~Pastél's Candies and Baked Goods~" onto a piece of wood.  Next to it was a piece of paper with bold lettering; "Hiring--inquire within".

"It's coming along, Pastél.  After all, this IS the first thing that the customers will see outside the shop.  It HAS to be an eye-catcher--but in a GOOD way." The Nightlight Kuhna said, placing the accent over the E in Pastél's name and adding a few little flourishes to the sign.  "But, I think that this shall do it." She said as she propped the sign up and took a few steps back.

"It's perfect, Kiana-love.  It's simply beautiful!" Pastél said as he walked outside and took down one of the construction signs and replaced it with the sign Kiana had painted.  When he leapt back down from the roof, Kiana was already busy removing the other signs from outside the building and tending to the few flowers that were planted in the window boxes out front.

"This is such a beautiful place, Pastél, darling.  I'm glad we set up shop here." Kiana said as she giggled, walking back inside the building and opening the curtains.  Now that everyone could see into the building, they would see what looked to be a living room with plush furniture for sitting and talking while your candies were made fresh, but there were also, of course, the candies in little jars themselves.

Pastél smiled as he followed Kiana into the store, making sure that everything was in order.  The cookies and cakes were in the display cases just below the counter, the taffies, chocolates, toffees, and other such smaller, hard--or soft--candies in little jars, and the fudge samples placed out on the counter.  He looked at the price list of candies to make sure he had not forgotten any, and then, he posted the list of people that they were looking to hire.

Positions we need:
Assistant Manager
Cashier
Bakers
Candy-makers
All are welcome to apply!

Pastél's Current Wares:
Salt-Water Taffy [Vanilla, Orange, Chocolate, Mint] -- 3 KS/piece or 10 KS/box
Fresh Toffee -- 5 KS/tin
Cookies -- 2 KS/individual or 12 KS/dozen
Cakes -- 15 KS
Fudge -- FREE SAMPLES currently available.  Fudge shall be offered starting on Monday.

[[Don't go thinking that I'm actually wanting the KS.  You get to keep that. xD Just roleplay your pet paying for the candies.]]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: ~Pastél's Candies and Baked Goods~ [Hiring; inquire within!]

Postby Matt » 01/04/2009 8:26 PM

One would think that a former criminal would not be walking about in daylight. However, Damien liked to think of himself as 'very courageous'. Therefore, here he was, grumbling with his ears down and his tails dragging as he padded down the street, looking for this confounded candy store that Pima had sent him to. "Could of sent Tentan," he muttered under his breath, turning a corner to stop in front of Pastél's Candies and Baked Goods. He sighed, flicked his ears forward, and padded inside, looking around and sniffing the sweet scent of candy and cakes. The Kuhna stopped infront of the counter, placing his paws on the edge and balancing on his back legs to see over it. "Hello? I'd like to get some.. ah..." He furrowed his brow, trying to remember what Pima had asked him to get. "Oh, yes. Some salt-water taffy, and some toffee, please."

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/04/2009 8:38 PM

[[I'll edit in gradients later.]]

"Ah!  Our first customer.  Here's your toffee," Pastél said, placing a tin in front of Damien.  "And, for the salt-water taffy, is that a box or just a piece, and what flavor?" he asked.  Kiana was back in the kitchen, pulling out a whole cookie sheet full of chocolate-chip cookies when the door opened a second time.

"Damien?"

The voice that said this belonged to a Cake Kuhna, who had come on request of Fire to bring home some of the wares that Pastél gave out.  She had least expected this to happen, of course; she had been under the impression that Pima, Damien's trainer, had left for the longest time.  "I-I thought I'd never see you again..." she stammered, her pink eyes wide, as though she couldn't believe that she was actually seeing him.

"'Oy there, Maeve!  I take it Lady Fire's sweet tooth kicked in at last?" Kiana asked as the Cake Kuhna nodded, passing a list and a bag of KS to the Nightlight.  "She says to keep the change, if there is any." She said.

[1.2 x2][4.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/04/2009 8:45 PM

Damien's eyes widened, if possible, even more than Maeve's. His eyebrows rose too, and he felt a smile and a light pink tinge growing on his face. "Hi, Maeve." He winced when he heard her unbelieving tone in the next sentence, and he got down off of the counter, flicking his tails anxiously. "Pima came back," was all he managed to say, a bit dazed. Of course, it wasn't every day you got to see the one person that had brightened up your light in inpenatrable darkness, even if you had met in an alleyway.

Of course, that could just be Damien's self-proclaimed insanity kicking in.
"I-I missed you."

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/04/2009 9:53 PM

Maeve smiled as she said, "I missed you too, Damien.  You have no idea how hard it was, waking up every morning and not being able to see you..." here, she purred, just glad that he was back.

Kiana, meanwhile, brought out a rather big box filled with cookies, taffies, and several tins of toffee and special-order fudge.  "Lady Fire sure knows when to order certain things~" she said in a singsong voice.

Pastél laughed, but then his voice went serious.  "Lady's gonna bleed me dry of the fudge before it's even on sale to all of Evelon!" he said, his eyes rolling.

[1.3 x2][4.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 01/17/2009 4:09 PM

"One simple Job?  This is soo much more like a painful accuse for me to find a lifemat who's strait!  Ooh!  fudge.  Might as well check this place out," said the Elder Kuhna.  He went in and checked the place out.  "Nice...  I like it here.  Although it could use some claw marks, blood and such.  It's Quite peaceful."  The Elder kuhna looked at the pink and light yellow kuhna and started to chuckle.  "You supose to have a Gender swap or what?  Because Pink doesn't work out for you kid."  He poked the Taffy kuhna.

{Zeke:  1} {YAY!  Forstpost!}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/17/2009 5:17 PM

Pastél growled indignantly as he said, "For you information, sir, I don't think that colors really manner.  Right, Kiana-love?" as he said this, the Nightlight Kuhna stepped forth and gave Zeke an indignant look.  "Oh!  Another customer... or are you looking to work here?" she asked, putting an arm around Pastél's waist in a defensive manner.  She was... quite protective of him, especially when people thought that he should be a girl.  "And no, love, your pelt holds no significance to who you are whatsoever~"

Maeve rolled her eyes as she looked back to Damien.  "Sometimes I wonder what goes on back home when I'm not around..." she whispered.

[1.4 x2][4.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 01/17/2009 6:43 PM

The Elder looked at the Nightlight kuhna.  "Well excuse me for living!  No.  I was just wondering if i could hang up a poster for the Circus.  My name's Zeke By the way."  He pulled out a long poster, and on it said:  Cirque des Monstres!  Coming Soon!  On it had a jester, and several people who looked like workers.  "Y'know.  you two would be good for a food bar inside the Cirque tent.  Just saying."

He gave a cocky smirked look and gently laughed a little.

{2}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/17/2009 7:06 PM

Both Kiana and Pastél looked at each other for a moment, and then, back to the Elder Kuhna.  "Well... actually, I don't know.  We only just barely got this shop started, and business hasn't exactly been all that great so far.  So, as far as running the food bar, let me get back to you on that one." Pastél said carefully.

Kiana, meanwhile, looked at the poster with curiosity.  "Hm... I'm certain that some of these people look familiar... like that Morning Kitrell in the back.  Isn't her name Enya?" she asked Zeke, her yellow eyes inquiring.

[2.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 01/17/2009 7:49 PM

Zeke looked at The Nighlight kuhna and Nodded.  "Yep.  Enya has join the Cirque des monstres for a Reason, for the Jump performing of the death-I mean for the money."  He whipped a little bit of Sweat from his forehead and cocked his head a little.  "So!  What're your names?" he asked so sweetly with girly eyes.  Zeke was looking at the Taffy kuhna and smiled slightly.   Hope he'll be one I affect, he thought for a minute.

{3}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/17/2009 7:56 PM

"The name's Pastél, no, not for my colors; it's actually Spanish for cake, which is one of my specialties.  And this... simply darling young lady here is my lifemate, Kiana." Pastél said, placing extra emphasis on the word darling, and Kiana gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek.  "Oh, do stop it, Pastél~ you're making me blush~" she teased before she returned her attentions to Zeke.

"So, Enya joined as a trapeze jumper, eh?  Sounds about right for her; there are none that I know of that could parallel that girl in agility." She said, her eyes beaming.

[2.1 x2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate