Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Get Rich Quick (CLOSED to walk-in, PM if interested)

Postby Freezair » 03/16/2009 11:41 PM

"A cab would be the thing for you, if you don't like meeting people," Gavotte said, nodding sagely. "Be nice to the cabbie, though. They make it cheaper for you if you're polite, or so I heard."

Gavotte and Toulouse listened as the Lucain woman mentioned the exits. Toulouse looked thoughtful. "Aw've heard zat zere ez a military base just outzide of zee city," he nodded. "Aw think eet eez to zee south. Eez zat where joo ahre headed? Becawze Aw think zere eez a shuttle zat goes directly to eet from zee city."

"Don't you have to be registered personel or family to take it, though?" Gav wondered. "I mean, if you're that branch of the military... Well, I suppose, if you were going there anyway, you WOULD be a member. ...But just because you're from the same military doesn't mean you're part of that base." He got a distant look in his eyes, and he seemed to be mumbling to himself a number of things about the military.

[7]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/21/2009 7:45 PM

Darman mulled over the woman's question thoughtfully. He really oughtn't to tell her. Not a good idea. "Sorry ma'am. I can't tell you exactly where it is. That's classified." He could've rolled his eyes at himself; he sounded like a regular trooper, he did. Classified...He wanted to laugh. Darman blinked and turned to face the two men, and specifically angled his helmet so the visor was pointing in the direction of the one who suggested a cabbie. "Sounds like a plan to me. Where exactly can I locate a cab?" Darman had never used public transportation before; his experience was limited to GAR regulation vessels and anything Kal'buir decided to obtain. He gave the man who talked funny an odd look that was invisible to the outside world; the great thing about helmets was the fact that he could hide any odd facial expression he decided to make. "That's not the base I'm going to. Especially if you said 'family.' I can't imagine anyone in my -What did you call it, branch? - having a family. It doesn't happen." He fell silent, and uncrossed his arms, letting them hang down at his sides. "So, where are the cabs located?"

[4]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/26/2009 8:42 PM

((Hope you don't mind this, real quick. Gotta get to posting elsewheres too ^^))

Darman had the urge to just walk away from this little gathering. So far, he hadn't really understood a word of what the odd one was saying (Not to say they weren't all odd) and he wasn't quite sure what the other one was. He'd seen some weird things in his time, but this was really taking the uj cake. Shifting on his feet, he realized that he'd been standing here for a good deal of time. his armor was starting to pinch in very uncomfortable places, and he was ready to get back to Etain. He missed her. Fighting the urge to throw up his hands and storm off, Darman patiently tilted his head to the side, waiting for an answer.

[5]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/26/2009 8:50 PM

"You gotta phone a cab. There's no phone booths around here, sorry. But if you have a cell phone, we can tell you the number and you can use that. Do you have a phone? Or... some kind of 'communicator,' anyway?" This guy looked like he'd walked out of a cheesy old sci-fi show. Maybe that was what he used.

"But joo may haff to tell zee cabbie where joo wish to go," Toulouse said. "Zey ahre not psychic, after all..."

[8]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 03/28/2009 8:36 PM

"Or at least, we hope not."

She couldn't resist making a random comment--it was one of those things that she usually regretted after she said them.  For that matter, she already was regretting it, and looked a little ashamed of her unexpected burst of insanity.

Someday, she needed to teach herself self-control.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/03/2009 6:12 PM

"Well, true. One might have thoughtspeech, or something of the sort." Gavotte looked like he was seriously considering the possibility. Toulouse was giving him one of those "looks" in return. He slunk down into his orange crate, trying to seem inconspicuous.

"But seereeously, vee can call joo a cab," Toulouse said. He stood up and made his way across the street to the payphone, and he ran over the number in his head.

Gavotte gave the man a lopsided smile. "Well, good luck, wherever you're goin'."

((Gaaaah. This died. I'ma close it.))

[9]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous