Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Moving Mountains(Semi-Pri)

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/14/2009 11:57 PM

Take it slow...

Teleaha's eyes moved back and forth, watching the crowd converge and sway and writh. She was amazed by the organized chaos it was. It both frustrated and soothed her. It had been hard, leaving Sophur. But she was living in a large house now, with different kuhnas, without her mom...

The girl briskly rubbed at her eyes, careful to make sure that no one saw. It was still a long journey she had ahead of her. She looked behind her. The white walls of the edge of the city were faint against the glaring light blue of the sky. She felt like she wasn't supposed to be there- her tan skin and green clothing stood out among the swaths of pale, monochromly dressed people. She clutched the picture- her only picture- of her mother and her, when she was just starting to get Zookiberry coloring to her breast, hoping that she could get over her mother.

But that wasn't why she was here. She was more looking for her purpose. As she wandered about the large city, more and more longing to know what she was destined to do throbbed through her entire being. She was looking for someone, anyone, that could tell her anything of her future. She didn't want tarot cards or crystal balls. No, she didn't believe in that mumbo-jumbo. She wanted someone that actually saw her.

((If you want to join, PM me with the character you wanna use.))
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Re: Moving Mountains(Semi-Pri)

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/15/2009 11:53 PM

ImageImage

"WATCH OUT~!"

Teleaha ducked as two out of control Albino Drakel flew over her head and crashed into the road behind her. She gasped; the poor things! Turning around and jumping over to them, she said, "Are you okay?"

The two Drakels untangled themselves from each other, each letting out a string of colorful curses. "Gerroff me, you halfwit!"
"No you, scudface!"
"Tuskow face!"
"Kamee breath!"
"Idjit!"
"Scumbag!"
"STOP!" shouted Teleaha, eyeing both of them sternly. They turned to look at the Zookiberry Kuhna for the first time. "Oh, hi there." said the first.
"And you are?" said the second. My, how gentlemanly. "The name's Teleaha." she said, irritation making her voice sound guarded.
"Snoop."
"Sneak."
"Pleasure." Teleaha said, looking between them. "So... what's up with the crash landing?" she asked, giving them a skeptical look. They exchanged a look, then Snoop said, "Well, we were trying to get away with these..." they each held up shiny pieces of jewelry. Altogether they had at least 3 pounds of it. Teleaha looked at them with disgust and horror on her face. "Wait a minute... I know you two! You're from the new house I moved into! Why are you stealing from Lamenolai?!" she shouted, looking over her shoulder. Where were the police when you need them?

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/16/2009 9:28 PM

It was easy to see that the twins would get her into trouble. Trouble was not what she was looking for right now; she wanted to keep on her new owner's good side. "You know, you're gonna get us into trouble..." she said to them, glaring at the two fiercely. Snoop bowed his head under her gaze, but Sneak watched her with narrowed eyes. "You know, if you let us get into trouble, we'll drag you right down with us. There's a camera behind us, attached to the building corner. It can't see my little treasures, but one wrong move and the whole city will be hightailing it to find us and get back their precious treasures. Now... are you gonna cooperate?" he asked her, his tone slightly mocking.

Teleaha scowled; she knew that he was right. But why did he have to be right? It wasn't fair. She wanted to make a smooth transition. But nothing was ever smooth for her. I wish mom was here. she thought, surprising herself. She didn't want to admit to her feelings, but she did want her mother. She would know what to do. But for now, Teleaha was stuck with these two goofballs. "Alright, let's just get out of here." Teleaha said uneasily, glancing up into the camera Sneak had just told her about not even a minute ago. Sneak smirked. "Good. This way."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/17/2009 10:10 PM

Teleaha hated when people took her for granted. The thing was, she wasn't exactly one to lie down and just take crap from people. Right now wasn't an exception. She wasn't going to pushed around by two tiny rats with wings. No way. But she wasn't going to get into trouble herself. She didn't want to risk her status in her new home by getting brought back there by Lamenolai's police. She would bide her time.

For now.

Sneak scowled; he was getting impaitient with his brother. They had already taken two wrong turns. "Gods, why?" he said to himself, unable to supress the thought to his head. "Turn left here." he said to Teleaha and his brother, eyeing him warily.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/18/2009 12:15 AM

They turned into an alley, it's dank expanse making Teleaha's eyes water. Cardboard boxes and debris littered the back of the dead end. As they finally reached their secret hideout, Sneak jumped down from Teleaha and hit the back of her legs with a scrawny paw. "You got a pet form? One that's small?" he asked her, staring at her like he wanted to eat her. "Yeah. But you better tell me why I have to get into it."

Sneak sighed. Captives were never easy. He quickly pushed a few mildewy cardboard boxes out of the way, revealing a medium size pipe. It leaked clear water, at least. But the rest of it was dark and wet and not what Teleaha wanted to be climbing through. "You've GOT to be kidding me." she said as she slipped into her Kuhna form. "Isn't there a different way?" she asked, poking a paw into the pile, hoping that some other cleaner entrance would make itself visible.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/18/2009 10:18 AM

Snoop looked at her like she was crazy. "Uh, you do know that this whole wall is solid, right?"

Guess he forgot to turn the lights on upstairs today.

"I mean another... not as dirty hole. Or maybe could I go around?" asked Teleaha. Sneak face scrunched up in anger, answering Teleaha's question immeadiatley. "Fine then. I'll find my own way around." she said, and prepared herself to become human. But before she could, Sneak jammed one of the heavier necklaces they stole onto Teleaha. "Hey! What's the big idea?!" she yelped as he grabbed her scruff and led her unwillingly to the tube. "This necklace can only be taken off by the person who puts it on. It keeps people in their true form, and makes them unable to reach their second form. Because I put it on you, you should not be able to take it off." he said quickly, and shoved her towards the hole. She stopped barely a few inches from it. "But- but- but-" she began to say, but Sneak shushed her and gave her a hearty push into hole.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/19/2009 12:11 PM

Teleaha, while being a more sassy Kuhna than anything, never looked for a fight. She hated conflict more than anything. She wasn't even sure she could still use her claws. She hadn't used them in years. "Why do you need me here?" she asked roughly, moving as slowly as possible through the tube as it got darker. She hated the dark. "Simple. Even someone with no brains could figure that out. You know."

"Know what, exactly?"

"Who we are, what we stole! Nitwit." Sneak muttered. Teleaha had never hit a living thing on purpose. Until now.

She gave Sneak a hardy kick in the chest with a back paw. A satisfying "oof!" was heard as the wind was knocked out of his chest. "Now you know why I don't want to be here." she told him, smirking. But it was a wasted smirk, as it was too dark to see anything.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/20/2009 10:31 PM

He gave her a just as hard shove in the backside. "Yeah yeah, girlie. Just keep moving!" he grunted, the clank and clink of metal links together making happy sound in the dreary hole in the wall. "Where are we going?" she asked them as they carried on, Snoop still in front of her and Sneak still behind. "Shut up. We're almost there." Sneak said. Snoop continued his mute streak.

As they neared their destination, Snoop squinted. The light was getting brighter quickly by the seconds as they grew closer to the brothers' hideaway. "Approaching destination, Sneak." murmured Snoop. Sneak grunted and gave Teleaha another shove. Suddenly Snoop launched forward, a smile on his face. "We're home." he said quietly.

Teleaha timidly tried to make her way around him, but Sneak, being the impaitient Drakel he is, gave her another mean push and made her fall into Snoop, knocking the both of them over. "Gerroff me!" shouted Snoop, kicking out from under her. He dusted himself off and grabbed her scruff, hauling her up. "Sorry miss." he said, grinning sheepishly.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items