Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Dreamscapes (P, Aurora and I)

Postby AuroraSky » 11/20/2015 8:58 PM

As the man raised his voice to him, Hypnos' eyes narrowed. He considered reprimanding him, after all, Hypnos was a God. And he was a mere mortal, Hypnos thought with disgust. How dare he raise his voice at him? But then, not wanting to ruin his good time by upsetting this man, whose emotions seemed to interfere with the surroundings, Hypnos bit his tongue. There would be plenty of time for him to play later, when he knew more about the situation he had gotten himself into.

"Why I would do such a thing?" Hypnos repeated, furrowing his eyebrows and not quite understanding the question. "Because I am the God of Sleep. This," He spun around, gesturing to the setting. "Is what I do. It's what I have been doing for eternities. Sure, you might be confused at first but you'll come to find-"

But before Hypnos could finish the thought, the man was babbling on about what would happen if they found them, and Hypnos' eagerness quickly faded, his expression falling as flat as it did while in the conscious mortal world. He stared firmly at the man. "What do you mean you're not in control?" He demanded. Hypnos looked the man once over again...he was gaunt, and twitchy, and oh so nervous. But nervous for what? Hypnos glared at him; it all made sense. The odd behavior, the darkness that seemed to surround him, the strange way he had acted in the coffee shop..."Drug addict." Hypnos seethed, shaking his head in disgust.

Drug addicts. Their dreams were always the most unpredictable and difficult to control. It was always a challenge for Hypnos to maintain order then, and that made him anxious. The dreams was the one place where he was supposed to have all the control. "You're a drug addict, aren't you?" Hypnos asked him. "Pathetic. Mortals are a waste. I should kill you and put you out of your misery."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/21/2015 3:20 AM

It seemed to kind of seep through to Morice that he just pretty much snapped at a god, and he momentarily grew even paler. He recovered quickly after Hypnos started to talk again. Maybe it was the fact that he was used to dealing with entities that, at the very least seemed higher then him, that he acted the way he did around Hypnos. After all, Whisper and Murmur could very well be some sort of gods too, he had no idea. They wouldnt tell.

He looked at Hypnos in surprise, and for the first time in what felt like years he gave a little laugh. Not a happy laugh, more of a mad kackle almost, but it was good to know he still knew how to do it.
"Drug addict?" He asked, looking at Hypnos. "I wish I was. Thats a new one, usually everyone assumes I simply lost it" He seemed mostly unfazed by his death thread, all though he pondered on tempting him. Death did not sound too bad in his ears...The slight amusement vanished from his voice as quickly as it came, and with it shifted the environment yet again.
It was more subtle this time. The trees or - what was behind them, seemed to calm down. The light changed slighty too to a more natural tone, but the air was feeling more humid and thicker.
There was also the faintest sound in the background. it almost sounded like metal being dragged very, very slowly against concrete, but low and seemingly coming from everywhere.

Morice furrowed his brow at the changes, but focused back at the man. This might very well the first time
someone would actually listen to him. If He believed him or not was up for debate, but Hypnos was a god (if he was what he claimed to be) and surely more willing to...accept supernatural things.
"I died here." He stated flatly, motioning over at the mangeled car with his head "or...at the very least I should have. But then They showed up and 'saved' me, under the condition I would help them out in return. Since then they-"

He was cut short be a loud, obnocious screaching of metal bending. The Car was jolted back from its crashing
place on to the road. The whole motion seemed unnatural, as if the scene was played in reverse. The car remained in its completely mangeled state, the view through the windschield obscured by a spiderweb of cracks. There was something red splattered across the windschield from the inside however...
Morice whimpered a hoarse "oh no" but remained frozen to  the spot. The two men where illuminated by the one less damaged headlight of the car, which gave off an aura of a predator, ready to attack. If it was Morices subconcious trying to defend itself from yet an other intruder, or the doing of the two Corbines was very hard to tell. The lines there tended to blur quite badly.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/21/2015 12:35 PM

Hypnos was surprised when the man laughed at him, the first time he had seen an expression other than terror on his face since they first met. But the laugh this man laughed was unsettling, and made Hypnos feel cold, a feat that was hard to accomplish. No, there was something not right about his traveling companion, not at all. He considered leaving him behind and continuing his exploration on his own...but Hypnos knew that would be foolish, still not knowing just what he was up against. No, he would have to stay. Besides, the man had seemed to relax a bit, and so had the trees. Which was a good sign.

Hypnos listened to him carefully, getting more questions than answers from his explanation. "They saved you?" He repeated. "You keep referring to they, who is it that you're talking about?" He tried to remember if there had been anyone else at the coffee shop, but recalled that the man had come into the shop and sat at the table alone...there had been no they with him. "Stop speaking in riddles, man, and tell me what is going on here-"

The ear piercing sound of metal scraping cut Hypnos off and he cringed, then froze. What was that? Hypnos turned around to see the car dragging itself onto the road, almost as if it had been alive. When it had positioned itself, the car seemed to be eyeing the pair, as if it had been planning to strike. "That certainly is interesting." Hypnos said.

A wide smile spread across his face. "Ah, now this is what I'm talking about!" Hypnos exclaimed gleefully. "Now we can have a little fun." Hypnos took a firm stance, then spread his arms wide as though he were going to give the car a hug. "If you're feeling brave, scrap metal, why don't you come over here?" Hypnos taunted. "Let us dance!"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/22/2015 7:12 AM

When Hypnos asked him who he was talking about, Morice's shoulders drooped slightly. That was a very good question, and he could not answer it. The most obvious idea that came to mind was that accident damaged his brain, and he was simply insane. But that did not explain why he survived a pretty much unsurvivable accident, nor why no medication the doctors put him on ever showed any signs of working against the 'voices in his head'. No, they where some external force, they just never bothered to tell them what exactly they where.

Before he could find the words to explain any of that to his companion, without sounding even more insane,
they found themselves in the headlight of the car.

Morice's eyes wandered from the car to Hypnos and back to the Car. /and they say I have lost it.../ he thought,
watching the scene unfold in horror. "What the hell?" He hissed at the God, wanting to get away from the car as far as possible, not freaking taunt it. His legs had other plans howerver, and he remained rooted to the spot.

The Car's engine rumbled lowly, simmilar to an animal letting out a warning growl. Everything around them seemed to stop around them, most likely because the focus of Morice's dream was now on the car and the two men, everything else remained silent. Before He could do anything to stop Hypnos from doing what he was doing, the cars engine howled angrily, and the car charged forward like a wild bull, tires screaching over the asphalt as it threw itself towards Hypnos.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/03/2015 3:38 PM

Though he did not allow his gaze to leave the car, Hypnos smiled at his companion's worried tone. "Do not tell me that you're craven, man." Hypnos teased with one eyebrow raised. This man really needed to loosen up a bit, Hypnos decided, and he was going to do everything in his power to make him. Dreams were no fun if you weren't willing to push the limit a little, were they?

Hypnos spread his stance and crouched down just a bit. "Come on, then." He said, just above a whisper. He stared at the car, the car stared at him, and then with all the anger it could muster lunged towards the God. Hypnos's grin widened, and took off towards the car. It didn't take long for him to build the speed. As he neared closer to a collision, the headlights grew brighter and brighter, as if Hypnos was running his way into heaven.

And then just before they were to make impact, Hypnos angled his body just right, and with as much strength as he needed shouldered the front bumper of the predator.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/06/2015 7:49 AM

While Morice was definetively not the guy who liked to pick fights, His subconcoious in his dreamworld, or its inhabitants, where much MUCH more willing to do so. He watched in shock as the man rammed into the car full force. What happened next was even more baffeling. Hypnos was not reduce to a heap of broken bones, which was what Morice expected, but rather caused the car to spiral out of controll, passing him after the impact and even flipping twice, before landing on its tires again with a unceramonical screech.

The car all though Damaged even worse now, seemed to still be 'alive' to some degree. Its engine let out a vicious roar, and it was likely to charge again. something caught Morices attention though. It seemed to...disperse in to smoke? It looked almost like ink bleeding in to water, long black tendrils flying away from the vehicle and vanishing between the trees, leaving the car getting more and more transparent.

Its will to hurt the intruder was unbroken however, and it got itself ready for an other attack. This Time, Morice stayed closer to the god, seeming slightly less scared and a little more curious. It was clear however that he was still very, very nervous about the wholse situation. "well...thats new" he said,almost entranced by the whole situation.

somewhere, deep in the hidden bents and abbisses of the young man's mind, two confused and angry entities slowly stirred fully awake...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/06/2015 9:34 PM

The impact hadn't left Hypnos completely unscathed though, and the God was thrown down onto the road, rolling a few times before coming to a stop. Hypnos groaned but came to stand, a little unsteady at first. There was a painful ringing in the shoulder he had used to knock away the car, but it disappeared in just a few seconds, along with the scrapes and bruises he had sustained from his fall. One by one, the blood soaked wounds were closed, and Hypnos was restored. "That'll wake you up." Hypnos joked, grinning at his companion.

He glanced down at his coat. During his fall he had torn the stitching. He frowned. "Unfortunately my jacket didn't quite survive the trip. Ah well, nothing a little old needle and thread won't fix." When the car began to rev again, Hypnos was surprised, but not upset. "Are you coming back for some more, old boy?" Hypnos called down. He had noticed the man standing a little closer to him now, seeing evidence that Hypnos was in fact who he was. He didn't blame him. The car could crush the man with no problem.

But as Hypnos readied himself for another go, he heard the man remark about something that was occurring off in the distance, not far from where the car was. It seemed that something, or rather somethings, were taking shape. Hypnos brushed his hair out of his face. "What is your subconscious conjuring up for us now?" He asked.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/08/2015 11:04 AM

Morice seemed rather unfased by the injuries the god had substained from the crash. If someone decidet to shoulder a car, God or not, things like these where somewhat to be expected. what was facinating him though was the self healing of this man, and he watched with slight jealousy when the wounds closed seamlessly and without much effort of Hypno's part. He would not mid to have these powers, especially not with the state his cooperal body was currently in.

He only nodded in aknowledgement, feeling that the car and the over all situation where much more iportant things to muse about then a ripped jacket. Feeling slightly safer with Hypnos around, but still being very aware of the danger they where in, he was about to ask him to let him wake up, and that way at the vey least let them return to a somewhat more predictable scenario.

Morice narrowed his eyes slightly, looking past the car and focussing his attention on the things about to take shape behind it. The car itself was shaking angrily, but was not making a move towards them. what was even more strange was the fact that the more shape the...things in the background seemed to get, the more the car dispersed, as if the where draining it away. "I'm not su-" he cut himself short, when a fammiliar wave of migrane hit him. he did not even know that he could hurt in his dream, that was a new one too, but yep...he could. It felt different though, slightly more subdued, but he could tell that Murmur was pissed off. like...very very pissed. stumbeling back a few steps and clutching his head, he only vagually realized that there was a thick, black fog starting to surround them, swallowing the car and letting the world around them appear in a monochrome, dark gray. The only thing that was clear where the two shapes, and some streetlights weakly blinking in the distance, maybe a way of his own brain to try and create some sort of safe points in the dark...

There suddently was a voice, very unclear at first, but getting louder and more refined iwth the second. "what do we have here?" the voice seemed female, but had a weird vibe to it. It seemed almost artificial, or at least partially. The teasingly sweet tone was unable to mask the underlying anger however. "you never told us that you had such…interesting friends Morice"
Morice turned towsrds Hypnos, now back in a state of panic. Trying to keep as calm as somewhat possible, he hissed through clenched teeth "we have to get away from here. now."
forcing himself to stay coherrend, he added "I will explain later -" The voice cut him short.
"Oh, I'm not sure if you can really explain…us, kiddo" the voice stopped, and then continued, obviously directed towards Hypnos "But we would love some introduction from you, stranger. you seem nteresting enough"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/09/2015 1:00 AM

Hypnos was disappointed when the car had seemingly surrendered to him, but just a few moments later his attention had been pulled in another direction. His companion had almost stumbled over, as if he had been in pain. He was clutching his head and suddenly looked very pale, even paler than he had before. Hypnos watched his carefully. "What's wrong?" He asked him.

But before he could receive an answer, his companion's dreamscape again began to change its scenery. The muted green and yellow tones had suddenly been drained away to grey, aside from the occasional streetlight. It looked like something out of a noir film, Hypnos thought. And then had come the voices, muffled at first but growing in clarity. Hypnos took a fighting stance and began spinning, looking for the source. His companion seemed to be almost in a panic, and Hypnos ignored his ushering to flee. Gods did not flee. "Show yourself." Hypnos ordered.

An introduction? "I am Hypnos. God of Sleep." Hypnos said, his voice deep and strong. "I command you to reveal yourself." He glanced towards the man, whose name he now knew was Morice. "And command you to stop whatever horror you are unfolding on...," He grimaced at the name. "Morice."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/10/2015 4:33 PM

The shapes in the shadowy mist seemed to stop, and sway hesitantly. "A god?" a second voice was heard, this one seemed to be male. and a little less confident.
"how can this be?" The things looked odd. as if they where not exactly sure on what form they should present themselves in. They shifted and moved and grew and shrinked, but their faintly glowing eyes where staying more or less the same, fixed on the two men.

"What do you want with our mortal? surely you must have a reason to be here"Whisper hissed, slowly getting closer to them. "now now, calm down Whisper" his sister said,
but also pressing forward. "lets not anger this one. after all…" she paused before adding cryptically "we are from somewhat similar realms. Technically" It was very apparent that her curiosity was spiked yet again. much unlike her brother, she liked to poke around and discover stuff. She was the first to reveal herself. A beast, vaguely humanoid in shape, stalked toward them, It was big, at least 3 meters in height, and hunched over in a predatory fashion. it seemed female, and was covered in black feathers from head to toe. It lowered its head, that resembled a corvid skull crowned with deer antlers, in a mock bow. For some reason, Morice was aware that this still was not their true form, but much closer to it then their Corbine form.Her brother appeared behind her, very similar in appereance but slightly smaller and male built looking. Surprisingly, it was him to introdce himself and his sister. "I am Whisper, This is my sister, Murmur. we are travelers"

He stepped slightly closer, but kept a safety distance. His sister watched in silent awe. This was usually her part. "This is our domain, God." He hissed lowly "This mortal is ours to control. we will not be bossed around by..."  "hey!" Morice had gathered what little fight was in and stared at his tormenters. "I am not - " But he was hit by an other wave of migrane, this one actually forcing him to his knees. "you where saying?" Murmur said lowly, before turining her attention back towards Hypnos. Morice did not respond

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/10/2015 11:57 PM

"Your mortal?" Hypnos asked, his eyebrows raised just slightly. He looked at Morice. So meek, so pale, so pathetic. He chuckled. "You've picked quite the mortal." He said, with the hint of a grin. "And just what would you want with poor Morice? I can't imagine he's got much to offer you." His expression was that of amusement, but his eyes were dark.

Hypnos had seen a great deal of types of magic in his lifetime. Many times he had commanded it himself. But looking at these two, Whisper and Murmur as they called himself, Hypnos knew that they were something sinister. And the most sinister of the...ghosts, spirits, demons, whatever they were, were the ones that he knew he had to keep his on eye on. While he doubted their power rivaled his, they seemed to be troublesome. Crafty. Clever. "I assure we, we are not from similar realms. I am a God, from the Heavens." He glanced the two beasts up and down, unfazed by their newly taken forms. They were ghastly, sure, but Hypnos had gone up against much worse. Not all dreams stayed dreams. "You seem like you more likely hail from the realm of Hades."

Hypnos suddenly grew very stiff at Whisper's threat. "I will not be ordered by the likes of you, you sniveling waste of hell." He countered, his voice low with anger. "I am a God, not a mortal nor a child. It would be in your best interest not to forget that."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/12/2015 12:56 PM

Murmur chuckeled at the remark of the god. "ah yes. He had not been that way from the beginnig though.
These humans are just too fragile" she tilted her head slightly to the left, as if pondering her next answer.
"as for what we want with him...we...would rather keep that to ourselves, for now. I dont think his brain could handle it, who knows what would happen"

Morice was getting pretty sick of being talked about not only as if he was not here, but rather as if he was some mindless toy to control. Biting his tounge, he decidet that it would be best to keep still though.

Whisper leaned in a little closer, eyeing the god up and down intensely, before answering "Maybe. But does that really matter that much? After all, Heaven and all forms of hell are very simmialr in a lot of ways, it just depends on ones point of view." even without visible  mimic, it was clear that Murmur was pretty much rolling her eyes at her brothers only semy-sensical monolog about heaven and hell.
The Male creature catched her annoyance, and his headfeathers rose angrily when he returned his attention back at Hypnos. Both of the beings body languages gave away that they still felt very unsure of how to handle him correctly, and just how much of a threat he was in this current state of being.

"dont worry, we will not forget that" Murmur said lowly, her voice overly friendly and sickly.
"likewise however, you have to consider that you are  an intruder here, and we would much appreceate it if you would just..back out. No harm, no foul." she ignored the  insult he slung toward her and her brother, but edged closer still, hear feathers standing to attention, muslkles tensed. Her words had been a final, very clear offering of a chance for them to settle this in a non violent manner, and it was futhermore clear that she would enjoy a more exciting outcome much more.

Morice meanwhile had pushed himself up again, and backed away slightly. Running would not work, he had tried that time and time before. What was interisting though was the weak streetlights in the distance. It seemed that, when he focused hard enough, their light shone brighter. and slowly it began to dawn on him.
as long as his 'captors' where occupied, he had some form of control here. after all, it was his brain right?
his dream? surely he had some influence? Focussing hard on the Streetlights again, the fog started to push slightly outward and away from the group.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/23/2015 10:05 AM

Hypnos did not move away from the growing beast, did not flinch. His expression remained flat as he regarded the pair, but he kept his gaze firmly fixed on that of Murmur. It was clear to see that whatever was happening here, whatever Hypnos had unwittingly walked into, she was the brains of the operation. Her brother, Morice, they were just pawns used in whatever little plan the demon had put together. Hypnos decided then that he would find out just what that was.

Hypnos half grinned then with slight amusement. "If that is what you wish." He answered, his eyes sparkling with the mischief he was already planning for the three. As he answered, though, he noticed a change around them. The fog that had spilled onto the group was slowly, but surely, beginning to dissipate. Hypnos glanced towards Murmur and Whisper, trying to see if they had been behind such a thing, but they remained tense and focused on him. He casually looked Morice's way and could see the man concentrating. That was interesting. The mortal had more voluntary control over the realm than Hypnos had anticipated.

Something Hypnos thought would be best kept a secret.

Instead, he interrupted Morice. "Well, boy, this is your dream. Your world. And after everything that's happened, I suppose it would be...polite to offer you the first pick of whatever journey you want to make this." He offered, clasping his hands behind his back. "Nothing is off limits." He glanced back towards Whisper and Murmur. "For me."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items