Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Family Business [Self]

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/27/2016 3:21 AM

Nic’s father was never a loud individual.

Considering the chaos of their family, that was saying a lot. He had a mother like a summer storm and a sister like a hurricane, but his father was the calm that kept them all together. Collected, always knowing what to do and right when to do it. It hadn’t mattered if it was a scraped knee or scraped pride, he was the rock that they all needed.

Nic had grown up beneath his mother’s wings, but it was his Alan’s steadfastness that had kept them all afloat.

Was that what made him so nervous? He had a feeling it was more than that. It had to be more, to have his chest so tight and palms so shaky. He knew he could do this job, yeah. That wasn’t the question that had been bothering him so badly for days on end. The question was, could he do it anywhere close to as well as his father did? A position like this wasn’t just filled with an application - it was passed down like a torch, as easy to drop as it was to receive.

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Family Business [Self]

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/27/2016 3:22 AM

The fact that he was even being considered was an honor, despite his blood. He made no mistake about that. He was just.. concerned. It was no small shadow to stand under, no small shoes to fill. His father was a great man who’d made great strides in his time with the Stonewells, and, well.. Nic was. Nic.

He wasn’t sure he’d ever be worthy to stand in the same place as his father.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/27/2016 3:29 AM

The doors of the manor opened in front of them as he filed in behind Alan, keeping his breath steady and rolling over every relevant fact that he had stored in his mind. He’d been preparing for this for weeks, months, maybe even years, somewhere in the back of his mind, but today was the first true test. At least, that was how he saw it. It was more observation than anything, but that he was being allowed showed their faith in him. He didn’t want to let that down.

“Mr. Waters.” The respectful murmur came from one of the guards along the halls, a somewhat scrappy looking individual looking around Alan’s age, despite the gray hair. Alan gave a silent nod in response. Their eyes fell on Nic with a sense of curiosity, dark amber and tinged with something wilder. A memory went off in Nic’s head of his uncle, white-haired and wild gazed. Well, at least he knew a lycan when he saw one. That had to count for something.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 05/27/2016 3:32 AM

They kept on their way, pace quick and steady, and as they went Nic found that he was discovering something. He’d always known Alan was an important piece of the machine - everyone was at the Stonewalls, he’d learned quickly - but watching as they moved through the vast halls of the manor, he was only just beginning to realize how important.

Each person they passed offered a response. A careful nod here, a quiet greeting there. Not one person allowed him to pass by without a sign of acknowledgment. It was.. intimidating. Definitely. Another page added to the already massive pile, he tried to tell himself. It didn’t seem to help.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..