Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: I Need Romance [P] [M]

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/08/2017 6:09 AM

There was no reason for Iota to decline the invitation, so he nodded his head in agreement. "Okay. I'll tag along with you, then." Besides, the APL was interested in Ji-tae, and that meant he was curious about his work, too. Surprisingly, that information wasn't something acquired before hand. The APL wanted to ask for more details, but set that aside, for the time being, in favor of considering the questions that were asked of him.

"It serves no purpose for me to eat, so I haven't tried eating anything yet." Thus, he was unable to have a favorite food. As with all freshly activated APLs, Iota almost entirely lacked personal experiences. "In order to test my sense of taste, I've chewed  gum, though. I prefer cinnamon. Hobbies... I guess... cooking? I'm probably good at things like video games, but I've never tried them, so I don't have an opinion. As for animals... I'd probably get along best with a cat." The demeanor of a cat suited him more than that of a dog, at least. Although, he'd probably like reptiles, too. "But I guess I like animals, well enough." He wouldn't object to having a pet.

Once he'd given his answers, which he'd put some thought into, although he answered them easily, the APL finally returned to the question he had in mind. "What do you do for work? Just deliveries, or...?"
Status: 12/30 We're all recovering from colds. Lingering in IRC.

Alone in the IRC? PM me and I'll join you!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Bat Country Survivor
Bat Country Survivor

Keystones: 2315
Donate

Postby crow » 06/09/2017 4:07 AM

Ji-tae laughed again, embarrassed at having forgotten. "Right, sorry. I, um, didn't think about that." It said a lot about how human Iota looked and seemed, that he had come out of a box just a few moments ago--- which was still there, right in the middle of their living room--- and Ji-tae had still managed to forget that he was an android.

He couldn't help but get excited when Iota mentioned cooking. "You can cook?" he said, brightening immediately. "Can you--- Oh, wait, I guess I shouldn't ask you on your first day here." Right on cue, his stomach growled, and he sighed. There were leftovers in the fridge, so he moved into the kitchen, and tossed cold takeout onto a plate to put into the microwave.

As he waited for it to heat up, he considered how to explain his job. "Hmm... I guess I'm kind of like... an errand boy for hire?" That sounded really lame, but he didn't know how else to put it. "People hire me for stuff, and I do it. Sometimes it's delivering stuff. Sometimes it's passing messages along, or house-sitting, or walking the dog. Sometimes it's... um."

He stopped short, suddenly wondering whether he should include that last one. But Iota wanted to hear it from him, didn't he? And he didn't want to lie, even by omission; it just didn't feel right. "Sometimes I get hired as a fake... date. Usually when someone wants a break-up with their boyfriend. You get free drinks, which is great, until someone throws it in your face." Despite his words, he was smiling. He really didn't mind it. It was pretty funny, actually, and he'd learned not to wear the shirts he really liked when he went out to that sort of job.

The microwave went off, and he retrieved his plate of reheated pizza, wincing at the heat of it on his fingers before setting it aside. He blew on them to cool them, then leaned back against the counter. "It's a bit hectic sometimes, but it pays, and there's never a dull moment."

Past present and future
I love you

Imp Docs | Breeders | Journal | Wishlist | Trades
crow
Celebrity Pet Veteran
Celebrity Pet Veteran

Keystones: 1200
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/13/2017 12:18 AM

Iota shook his head. "No, it's fine. I can eat, and I have a sense of taste, as well, I am just unable to process food." He didn't outright say that he had to later throw up any food that was consumed so it didn't end up rotting inside of him, but, with as unpleasant as it was, he intentionally left that part out.

The APL thought to reject Ji-tae's politeness, after all, he was here, among other things, to be useful, but he was already moving into the kitchen and throwing leftovers onto a plate before Iota could really say anything about it. Besides, not wasting food was a good thing. If he looked at it that way, then he supposed he didn't mind it.

He'd followed after him, of course, and listened to the explanation of his job. That latter part, Iota wasn't sure how he felt about it. Logically, it was perfectly fine. It was his work, after all, and it wasn't really his place to say anything about it. But, somehow, hearing about it made him... uncomfortable. Was that... dread? What did he have to be afraid of? In the end, his response wasn't that significant, "It sounds like... a hassle." Which was true, but not what he was actually thinking about. At the very least, he was glad that his User seemed to be honest about his job. "But if you're fine with it, that's all that matters."

Watching as Ji-tae pulled out the reheated pizza and fumble with it, he frowned. "It would be fine if you asked me to cook for you. It's something I'm good at, so I'd be glad if you asked me." He liked home cooked food, didn't he?

"Ah, while I'm thinking of it, other important information... I am able to sleep, but I do not require it. I've been told I'm capable of dreaming, but I suppose I haven't experienced enough for it to happen yet." Otherwise, night time was a good time to process data. "I am capable of driving, I have the necessary licences and identification to... blend in, since it was sent along with me. Although, that's about all I posses." As with all APLs, he didn't have much to his name.
Status: 12/30 We're all recovering from colds. Lingering in IRC.

Alone in the IRC? PM me and I'll join you!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Bat Country Survivor
Bat Country Survivor

Keystones: 2315
Donate

Postby crow » 06/20/2017 5:33 AM

Ji-tae laughed. "Yeah, I guess it can be sometimes, but I honestly don't mind." He was glad that Iota was taking it well. It would have been awkward if he'd been more upset. Ji-tae supposed he could stop taking those types of jobs, and now that Iota was here, he did intend to eventually, but he'd have to sort it out with his employers and it wouldn't happen overnight. "Plus it's fun to bike around the city, as long as it's not raining. Oh, come to think of it, that might make things kind of hard for us tomorrow," he realized with a start. "My bike isn't the type that has a second seat..." His expression faltered, then fell into one of consideration, one hand coming up to touch his mouth while the other propped it up by the elbow. It did have a flat area over the back wheel, though mostly that was where he tied cargo, if he had any. It was hardly any place for a person. "There... might be a seat cover for it somewhere," he said, but he didn't sound too sure.

At the topic of food, he perked up, though he still looked a little guilty. "Well, since you offered... I'll take you up on that, whenever you're willing, I guess." He was already grinning at the prospect, in that guileless way of his; his face generally wasn't great at hiding his feelings, though he'd picked up some acting skills on the job, after a while. "... I don't think we have a lot of ingredients in the fridge though, so we'll probably have to go shopping. Neither of us cook." He smiled apologetically.

For now, he contented himself with the pizza. The slice he'd heated was cool enough now that he could pick it up and bite off the end. Somehow, microwaved food always cooled quickly. It was pretty good, though maybe that was because his standards weren't that high. He listened to Iota talk about himself with interest, though a lot of what he heard surprised him a little. He hadn't quite thought through the implications of being a human-like android, and he didn't usually hear people's... specifications laid out quite like that, when he first met them.

"Do you like sleeping?" he asked, after it seemed like Iota was finished. "We have a spare futon. There's room in my room," he said, mostly because it wouldn't make sense for Iota to stay with Ji-eun, not that his sister would have accepted it regardless. And it seemed kind of sad to ask him to sleep anywhere else.

Past present and future
I love you

Imp Docs | Breeders | Journal | Wishlist | Trades
crow
Celebrity Pet Veteran
Celebrity Pet Veteran

Keystones: 1200
Donate

Previous