Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Looking for Secrets (P, me and Aussie)[[finished]]

Postby Silversky » 12/19/2009 3:06 PM

Kael muttered to himself as he scrambled up the steps to the library.
"These are definatly made for someone with a human form," he grumbled. The battlefield tali reached the top step and looked back, but didn't see the drakelph he had met at Roraldri Forest. Maybe she's already inside, he thought. Turning back, he pushed open the wooden door and emerged in a large, open room, with a desk at the front and ornately carved shelves behind. Lots of books, more than he could count, sat on the shelves. No one appeared to be at the desk, so he let his gaze wander around the room. He didn't see the drakelph yet either.
Kael padded down the first row of books. Nothing here seemed promising, and he had no idea where to look to find out about moonlings. Maybe the drakelph would be able to help, when he found her.

All my life, I wish I broke mirrors,
Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience
Staring right back at me.

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Looking for Secrets (P, me and Aussie)

Postby amapup » 12/19/2009 10:12 PM

The Drakelph clambered up the steps, her eyes wide and bright as she looked around. So this was a library? The city was comepletely new to her, as she had never been in one before. She scanned the face of the building, looking for an opening to the inside. She twitched her ears, not being able to find one. Maybe the entrance was higher up.

She jumped onto one of the carvings on the white stone, scaling up the building's face as she looked for a way in. The Drakelph looked like a gray squirrel wearing a witch hat. Hearing a mumbling, she turned downwards, spotting Kael, who'd she'd run past in her excitement. She watched him pull one of the handles on the oaken wall, which swung open. So it was DOORS that opened the building. She leaped off, gliding down to the ground. The Drakelph didn't like doors very much, since they were impossible for her to open without magic. But now that she was closer to the doors, she noticed a flap at the bottom of one of them. for smaller animals to get in, no doubt.

She climbed though, shaking her fur as she caught up with Kael. Her mouth was agape as she looked around at the ornate furniture, the high ceilings, and the rows apon rows of shelves stocked with books. Though she had never been in a library before, the Drakelph was instantly fascinated by them.

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1008
Donate

Postby Silversky » 12/20/2009 8:28 AM

Hearing the drakelph approaching behind him, Kael turned.
He smiled. "Hi, I didn't see you at first. Um, I'm kind of confused at the moment. Where are we supposed to be looking?"
The battlefield tali looked around the room again, but he could see any helpful hints.
"Is there somewhere with information of the wild pets or something?"

(eh, sorry, my muse died...)

Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 12/20/2009 7:08 PM

She shook her head looking at the carvings on the shelves. "I don't know," she admitted. "Shouldn't we figure out how it's organized first?" The Drakelph padded over to one of the bottom shelves, scanning  the small golden labels. Na, Nu, Pp... what were those supposed to stand for? She stepped back, her tail twitching in slight irritation. How was anyone supposed to know what that meant? She sighed. How did libraries organize their books? Had she ever been in one before, she might have recognized the letters as the beginnings of book titles. She might even know what signs to be looking out for. But this was all new to the Drakeplh (except with the books), and she didn't know the first thing about finding a book, especially in a library as big as this.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silversky » 12/20/2009 7:18 PM

"Whatever the letters are, they look like they're in alphabetical order," Kael figured out. His eyes narrowed. "But if we don't know what they're the letters of it doesn't help us."
Kael stepped into the 'Na' section, randomly pulling out a few books. At the first one, he simply stared at the book, with a fancy binding and the title 'Names and Histories of the Children of Lord Baal.'
O-kaaay.
Eventually, as he moved through the shelves, he started to see a pattern. "Hey, um..."
Okay, he really needed to have something to call the drakelph, instead of 'hey, you' or 'drakelph.' He figured he'd deal with that later, though. Instead he ran back through the shelves, almost colliding with the drakelph as he turned the corner.
"I think maybe they're the letters for the book titles," he said.

Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 12/20/2009 8:06 PM

(love the book title :P )
She looked at the book Kael had pulled out, her nose wrinkled in disgust. Who wants the life story of someone's CHILDREN? But the tali's idea caught on instantly, and made perfect sense too. And that meant...

The Drakelph started running down the line of books, her excitement growing as she got to the M's. Ma, Me, Mi, Ml, Mn, Mu. She halted, going back through the books. In between Mn and Mu there was a tiny Mo section, consisting of one book. The witch pulled it down hopefully, only to be sorely disappointed. Mongo Lade, the Greatest Magistry of All Time - by Mongo Lade. Self-centered bird. She tossed the book on the shelf dejectedly, her tail drooping as she climbed up to the top of the bookcase. Didn't a library this big have any books on moonlings?

The Drakelph sat down, her tail drooping, to face something completely unexpected.On the wall directly in front of her, which couldn't be seen from the ground, were huge letters saying biographies . She turned her behind her, to see another sign that said fiction . And to her right, approximately 30 yards away, was just what they needed: nonfiction . She perked up instantly, excited by this discovery. The books are organized in sections! "Kael! I figured it out!" she shouted loudly, bouncing down the length of the bookcase. It was clear she was completely unfamiliar with library etiquette. The Drakelph leaped off the edge of the bookcase, gliding between the bookcases. "They're this way!"

Hopefully the librarian wasn't nearby.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silversky » 12/20/2009 8:25 PM

(XD, like yours too.)

Kael, following the drakelph's gaze, wished he had seen that before. Well, at least he'd seen it now! Excited at the prospect of finally finding what they were looking for, the battlefield tali ran after her as they made their way to the correct section.
Finally
Running on the ground took longer than jumping across the bookcases, and the drakelph was there before Kael arrived.
Hopefully, he started to browse through the books along with her.
Found it!
"I found something!" he called to the drakelph, yanking a book from its place on the shelf. 'Moonlings and Other Creatures of the Tengal Rainforest,' read the cover.
Eagerly, he dragged the book to a nearby table and opened it.

Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 12/21/2009 4:16 PM

The Drakelph scampered along the bookcases, jumping and scampering down  once she reached the Fiction section. It was no trouble finding the Mo section. And my, it was the biggest! Her tail was fluffed up as large as a duster as she almost reverently pulled down two books with pictures of moonlings on the covers. She heard Kael call out a couple bookshelves away, and she hurried over to the table as fast as she could, dragging the books behind her.

"Here's some more!" she said happily, dropping them next to the table as she hopped onto a chair. She bent over the page, trying not to obscure Kael's view as she read the page.
~*Contents*~
About the Tengal.......5
Safety Warnings........12
Plantlife-

"Who's been climbing on top of the bookshelves?!" She looked up, startled, to see an fuming woman, wearing glasses and a skirt and clearly unhappy. "Don't you rodents know how to behave!"
(hope you don't mind)

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silversky » 12/21/2009 5:26 PM

(course I don't- you can rp her for however long she's around.)

Kael gulped. "Uh, we're really sorrry," he said. He didn't want to get kicked out of the library or something, not when they'd just found what they needed! "We're just, ah, looking for stuff. Information. We, uh, found it. But, uh, we're still, uh, reading it, um..."
He shrunk back a bit, itching to get back to the book. They were so close now!
And now that the drakelph had found even more information, maybe they were close to being able to catch a moonling.

(ooh, short post again. Sorry...)

Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 12/22/2009 12:58 PM

(its okay)
The Drakelph cocked her head at the lady in front of her, confused and offended. "Since when can't we be on the bookshelves? It's imposible to see the signs any lower down." she retorted, her gaze almost a glare at the lady. To a human it would just sound like a string a chattering. Apparently the lady wasn't a human, though.

"The rules are on my desk!" she exclaimed, her piercing, disapproving gaze scanning the pets. "And enough with the yelling. This is a library, not a playground, and we don't want to disturb the other people in here! If you can't behave, I'll have to ask you to leave." If the woman could have stuck her tongue out, she wold have. Instead she humphed, holding her head high as she crisply turned around and walked off.

The Drakelph gave Kael a questioning look that clearly stated 'What in the world was THAT all about?'. She didn't know anything about librarians or silence, so of course she didn't understand anything that had just happened.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silversky » 12/22/2009 4:35 PM

"I think we're supposed to be quiet," said Kael in a loud whisper. "Anyway, let's see what's in here."
The battlefield tali grabbed one of the drakelph's books, and flipped it open to a random page.
"Moonlings can change from physical to ethereal at will..."
Yeah, he already knew that.
"The only way to be able to fight them in their ethereal form is to have a talent known as Spectral Strike. Only these pets are able to see or fight moonlings in the ethereal form."
Kael started to become excited.
"I think this is it," he said. "We need to find a pet who can sense the moonlings, even when they change form."
A small rustling noise from behind him distracted the tali, and he spun around.
"I believe you are looking for me," said the newcomer.
Z'rae! thought Kael furiously.

Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 12/22/2009 10:08 PM

She turned around, blinking in mock surprise as Z'rae padded out from behind a bookshelf. "What a surprise to see you here," she said, slipping in a bit of sarcasm as she hopped down from the table and walked over to the Void creature. It was obvious the Tali had decided to follow them, since this wasn't the only book in Lambastia or Barakka.

The Drakelph conjured a witchlight, purposely this time, as she cooly gazed at Z'rae. "It's time you stop thinking so highly of yourself," she said, as the witchlight zoomed around Z'rae and positioned itself above her head. "After all, it's not like you're the only one with the power. That is, if you even HAVE the power." And after all, ther was a way to capture one without battling it, right?

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silversky » 12/23/2009 7:08 PM

Z'rae hissed as the light soared up over her head. This was wrong; unnatural. The light burned with fire and ice at the same time, with starlight around the edges. Reluctantly, she turned to face the others. She knew what she had to do. She would show them the moolings and let them fight it out themselves; she would show them the way forward only to let them realize they needed her after all. And when the time came, who knew if she would do what was required?
They don't deserve for me to use my skills to help them. I owe them nothing.
Why, then, did you return?whispered a voice in her subconcious. Z'rae, help them. It's what you would have done before.
I'm not who I was before! You know that.
Z'rae, please. Honor our memories.
Z'rae stiffened in shock. She knew that voice. She knew...
No. She wouldn't let herself get hurt for others' choices. Not again.
M'rix, leave me alone. If it's truley you, leave me alone.
Angry, she turned back to Kael and the drakelph. "Fine," she said curtly. "I'll help you."

Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 12/24/2009 11:38 PM

The Drakelph raised an eyebrow in surprise at the Tali's response. "If you want to." she replied, shrugging. Z'rae had said it in a forced way, though they hadn't actually asked for her help. Ah well, maybe the Void pet was starting to learn some manners. "Though please don't get into any more fights." She glanced back and forth between the two, her toffee eyes checking to see if they agreed. The dragon/squirrel creature didn't want another unexpected outburst from Kael, and it wouldn't be any use if their new companion went storming away.

She found the canine's reaction to the witchlight amusing, though she didn't show it. Though she had conjured it, she hadn't been controlling where it went, and it was funny to her that Z'rae despised it so. The Drakelph didn't like tormenting others, but the information might be useful in the future. The green glow disappeared, and she nimbly hopped on top of the back of the chair, waiting for a response from one of them.

Though the Void Tali's appearance had put a slight damper on it momentarily, she was bubbling over with excitementat the findings. She had always dreamed of being able to study a Moonling, but the fact that the capture date could be so close was really more than she could hae ever hoped for. For the most part she seemed normal on the outside, though if you noticed the signs - such as her slightly twitching tail - it was easy to see the Drakelph's unboundless energy.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silversky » 12/25/2009 6:10 PM

Kael sighed in relief. Well, at least that had been defused. Slightly.
He was a little confused, though. Why had the void tali given in so easily? They had barely put up a fight, and yet she seemed like she had lost an argument. There were so many mysteries surrounding Z'rae, and Kael figured that there was no way he could even get close to any of the answers to these numerous questions about the void pet.
Shrugging, he went back to the books, noticing the drakelph's contained excitement. Oh- that reminded him of his other problem.
"You, know, I really do need something to call you," he said. "Living alone, maybe you don't need a name, but when you're talking to people it would be nice to know what to call you."

Z'rae seethed, anger at herself and her past bubbling up inside her. Slowly, she stalked over to join the other two pets at the table of books. At least, once this was over, maybe Silver would let her stay back at their home.
By herself.

Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items