Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Rook's School for the Magically Gifted (POST OR YOU'RE TOAST

Postby Freezair » 04/26/2012 6:24 PM

SEE THIS POST!: viewtopic.php?p=399039#p399039

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START POSTING HERE!

This RP is going to work a little differently from others. It is a freeform RP. There are still character interactions and plots to be had, but it's a little more open and less rigid than some other posts. This RP is set at a school for magic. It has some special rules:

1. THERE IS NO POSTING ORDER. Post whenever you feel like it! However, PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE POST unless it has been about 48 hours since the last post. If you don't keep up with posting, you risk falling behind.

2. ANYONE MAY JOIN. However, I ask that you post here and wait for my confirmation first

3. You may RP both teachers and students. However, since a school runs on its students, I ask that you bring in at least ONE student character for every teacher you bring.

4. We'll iron out how this works as we go along!

Emiliano Rook, Headmaster

Another sunrise, another tolling of the bells. Through the magically-enhanced speaker system studded through the building's walls, the Westminster Chimes rolled throughout the halls, signalling the opening of the school. Classes would not yet begin for another hour, but this was when the trickle of students would begin, as they rushed in to the stately, refurbished mansion that served as the campus of Emiliano Rook's School for the Magically Gifted.

As headmaster, Emiliano Rook took it upon himself to stalk the halls of the school in the early morning, making sure everything was in order. The aesthetic within the school itself was as confused as many of its first-year students. Stately old carpets lay across the ground, and dusty great paintings soared up the walls to the flying ceilings. But from those ceilings were strung flooding white fluorescent lights, and there were dust stains on the walls where tapestries had been moved to make room for lockers. The walls still had holes in them where space (and piping) had been made to allow for drinking fountains. The old building was still reeling from the effects of modernization.

But Emiliano felt the magic in the air crackle all around him. He didn't care what the building itself look like, so long as the magic still flowed through it. Well... that was a bit of a lie, actually. He did have some architectural vanity. He liked the outside of the campus to be clean and prim, with well-tended gardens, to keep up appearances. But what was within truly mattered when things came down to the wire.

He heard a clattering in the hallways, and paused. He folded his paws within the folds of his expansive, dark blue robe. His tall, navy-colored ears twitched. Someone was coming down the hallway.

Fenrick Henderson, talented and devoted student that he was, had already arrived on the scene. Like the environment around him, he looked a little confused. The school's dress code was comparitively lax--they didn't require uniforms per se, but students did have to wear either robes of a selection of dark colors, or dressy polos and slacks. He was wearing an unbuttoned green robe with a pair of khaki slacks. And he was currently stuck in Lucain form, apparently having trouble changing back. He was twisting his legs as he ran, apparently in an effort to change back.

Emiliano glided over to him, face sour. "Having some... trouble this morning, young master Henderson?"

Fenrick stopped in his tracks, and looked up. "Imposing" was a good word for Emiliano's stature.

"M-m-master Rook!" Fenrick slumped into a canine sit. There was a puff and a twinkle of magic, and there sat Fenrick, human-formed once more, looking rather sheepish.

A smile twitched on Emiliano's face. "Very good, young master Fenrick. It is good to know you are not... slipping." Without another word, Emiliano glided on, ready to observe the rest of his school.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Rook's School for the Magically Gifted (SEE 1st POST)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 6:54 PM

Laika was wearing her favourite black long lace skirt with a black and red striped long-sleeved top, which had a picture of a decapitated bunny on it. Her long purple hair flowed in the wind. She was currently in anthro form, a form she preferred, as it re-affirmed her magical heritage. She looked around her, unsure of where to go next. She was late for a class on magic runes, but was unsure of where to go. She opened her book, and looking down at the image on her top, whispered a spell she had been practising. Instantly, the bunny came alive and pointed up towards a tower. She grinned. Now, all she had to do was figure out how to undo that spell before someone noticed...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2156
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/26/2012 6:58 PM

ImageImageImage

"Come on!  We're almost there!"

This came from an anthro-like Fairy Paragon, who was wearing a dark purple and red robe, to match her coloration.  Her wings were beating as fast as they could, trying to make up the distance between herself and the school.  They couldn't be late on their first day of classes!  Behind her, two other Paragon were flying--a Sparkdrake female and a Frost male.  The Sparkdrake wore a black-and-deep blue robe, while the Frost Paragon's robe was entirely black.

"Slow down, Morana," the Frost Paragon said.  "I'm sure that Master Rook will understand if we are slightly late."

"I wouldn't try to convince her otherwise, Caradius," the Sparkdrake female said.  "She seemed almost too eager that she had been accepted here.  Something about 'a new start'..."

"We're here!"

Morana cried this eagerly as she dove, and the other two followed here closely.  Once the other two had landed, the Frost approached her, the crest on his head standing tall.

"You know that Calla can only fly so fast, Morana," he reprimanded.

"I can fly with the best of them!" Calla protested, beating her wings indignantly.  Caradius shook his head, as if to silence the Sparkdrake, while Morana merely smiled.

"I'm just so excited to be starting anew here, Caradius.  Don't be such a spoil sport," she said, giggling.

"And why are you so eager?" Caradius asked.

"...some other time, Caradius," she said.  "Come on, we should find Master Rook."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/26/2012 7:19 PM

Zexi had heard of Rook's school before vaguely and was surprised when he had recieved an invitation to attend it. He did indeed dabble in magic, but he perfered his illusions over true magic. He could make anyone believe he was anything he wanted them too or even transport them seemingly to whole worlds, but if you asked him to use more advanced magic he would only grumble in irratence. He was by nature a man of science. He liked things he could measure and quantify so it was odd for him to be here.

He had been convinced by his friend and colleague that if he studied magic he would be stronger and less likely to die........again. Having suffered death twice now he really did not want to go through it again. Sighing he walked into the school dressed in a black robe with dark navy lining.

Looking around he suddenly spotted three very loud and very large paragon. He shrunk back in instincual fear as one of his forms here on Evelon was a diosol. quickly turning into the winged rabbit he dashed off into the school to avoid the loud and large beings.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 294
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/26/2012 7:19 PM

Years of self study had taken place before she had been found by the school. Honestly it had happened so fast Bristlecape barely remembered what had happened but she was here now and that was all that really mattered. Self study had been great and she had learned a lot but one could only get so far without proper guidance, and because she knew no other magically inclined persons she could feel she was going to hit a way. Now she would meet other witches and wzards and warlocks and whatever else they called themselves and she could continue to grow as a student of the fine, magical arts.

Bristlecape had taken her time to make sure her clothes were in order and met code. Instead of worn and tattered skirts she wore a heavier, knee-length skirt of black and a nice top with short sleeves, to accommodate her wearing her arm warmers, each one sporting wide bands of alternating black and orange, which matched her leotards. Her black shoes were shined and the silver, square buckle polished. She had even made sure that her leather book straps/harness had been properly mended and put in the best possible condition for her first day.

“Okay that’s everything... I think,” the girl paused, trying to take stalk of what she had, twin tails twitching behind her (she had spent 5 minutes wondering if her tails should come out the top of her skirt or the bottom and had decided on bottom eventually and reluctantly since it was less comfortable but MUCH less likely that her skirt would fall down on the first day of school) as she mentally checked off all her school supplies. The book, of course, pens and note books, schedule and map of the school; she seemed to have everything accounted for. It was when she scratched her head that her eyes finally lit up.
“My hat!”

Bristlecape ran back into the small apartment she was renting while she was at school, the few rooms she had full of unpacked boxes. She had unpacked her hat though, it was in the bathroom, the only piece of clothing that was ragged and worn, but also we loved. It was a classic witches hat and Bristlecape loved it; as far as important items went the hat ranked number two after her book.

Completely ready Bristlecape locked up her little apartment and started for the school. She could see all sorts headed to building. Grinning ear to ear she half walked, half ran to the school grounds. Maybe she could meet up with some others who could switch forms, like herself. She had been trying to get to perfectly human but, well, she was still struggling with the tails and ears. But she would have a teacher to help her now, somebody who knew tricks and the proper way to do things.
She would have to thank Headmaster Rook for accepting her, too.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1086
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 7:23 PM

Nieve was running, her long green dress hitched up to her knees. She was late, late for her first medicinal herbs and plants lesson! She couldn't believe it. She thought back to the map she had seen earlier, and tried to picture it in her mind. "Okay" she said to herself, "Left at the gate, down to the pond, and straight through the shrubs... Ah!" She could see it. Sprinting with all she had, she made it just in time! Panting, she sat down in an empty space, and waited for the teacher. Her green hair was in her face, so she pushed it back, and secured it with a butterfly clip she pulled...out...of...a...plant? She looked at the plant beside her, and it was indeed growing... butterfly hairclips. Huh. Go fig.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/26/2012 8:03 PM

Emiliano Rook made his way to the door. Already, his quiet custodians had opened the gates to students, and many were rushing in. Rushing. He scowled without thinking about it. Magic was not an art for the hasty! Magic was slow! Magic was practiced! Magic burned those who used it without care! These students would have to learn some discipline, and quick.

Still, it was better to hide his disdain, on the first day anyway. He stood at the door and greeted those who approached. "Hello. Welcome to my school for the Magically Gifted. Hello. Good to see you. Hello! ...You, there!" He shouted off in the direction of a large anthro-form Paragon, careening towards them. "Slow down! There are many artistic and magical artifacts in these halls! You're going to break something at this pace! ...You!" He narrowed his eyes at a sttudent who had just turned into a Diosol. "Can't you control your form chances at all? Focus, focus! A lack of focus will get you nowhere here!"

In the shadows behind him, Fenrick slunk towards the doorway. An onslaught of students approached him. Somewhat quietly, he raised his hand and tried to wave to some of them. "Uh... hi, guys! Hi! I'm Fenrick! Who are you all?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 8:09 PM

Kale looked out from behind his grey hair with red streaks. The crowd was bottlenecking in the gate, and there seemed to be a student... who kept turning into a diosol? And a teacher who was yelling at the students who were rushing in. Well, that was normal, at least in Kale's experience... except that generally, the students were rushing out of school, not in. Maybe the rumours about this school being exceptionally weird weren't just rumours... He shrugged his shoulders and hunched a bit, scowling at the thought of what he had to do next. Eventually, he managed to make his way to the gate, and turning to the teacher, he said "sir, can you direct me to the potions lesson? I seem to be a little... lost." He hated people, hated feeling insecure because he had to talk to them. But he really didn't want to miss his lesson...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/26/2012 8:12 PM

Morana shrank back slightly, her form reducing in size to be more human-sized, although her form retained the same general shape.  She lowered her head slightly as she folded her arms within the sleeves of her robe, muttering, "Please forgive me, Master Rook.  I have been looking forward to coming here, and I did not want to be late..."

"Which you clearly did not need to worry about," Caradius said, reducing his own form in size as well.  He was about a head taller than Morana, and she was about a head taller than Calla, who now stood beside Morana.  "I am Caradius Araman, and these are my friends, Morana Lienna and Calla Lienna."

Calla's attention, however, had turned to the other one who had greeted them, offering a shy wave of her own as she walked away from her sister and friend.  "Hi," she said shyly.  "I'm... I'm Calla Lienna.  It's... nice to meet you," she said slowly.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/26/2012 8:26 PM

“Emiliano Rook” was a name he had heard many times under his master, almost as many times as “Merlin.” The man was a legend to anyone who received training prior to acceptance, seeing as how many of the High Wizards and masters knew one another. It took barely any thought for the young man to think of enrolling once he found out that Rook had opened a school. After Master Capello had left- he still wasn’t certain of exactly why his master had gone without taking him- the apprentice had little choice but to continue his training elsewhere.

Silas tugged at the collar of his navy robes, which kept falling under the added weight of the winged rabbit on his shoulder. Robes were meant to be worn, not sat on. Still, his familiar would have it no other way, the creature too reluctant to leave his master alone and too bothersome to consider walking or flying on his own.

Then again, the youth understood and was thankful for the company; Epsilon hated strangers almost as much as he did. And, boy, was this place full of strangers. Even though he could be called “one of” these people, that didn’t stop him from feeling out of place. He had just managed to get in, while most of them had been here for quite some time by the look of things or studied at some other academy, and the only thing he had close to formal training was what Master Capello had left him. Not to mention the fact that he didn’t see anyone else with a familiar of any kind.

He stayed rather far away from the rest of the students, having taken to standing as far from the others as he could and slinking slowly towards the building. He had almost lost himself in the motion before a strong voice snapped him back to reality. Rook was there. Right there in front of him. Flustered and blushing, he bowed and stammered a quick greeting to the headmaster. Epsilon gave a kick of annoyance but said nothing.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1042
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 8:29 PM

Pandora crashed into the corner of the wall, causing her to drop the books she had been carrying. As she bent down to pick them up, she tripped over her feet and bumped the person in front of her with her head. "Sorry, excuse me, I didn't mean to, sorry" she called, picking up the books as fast as she could. At least she had dressed sensibly today, she thought, in a pair of black jeans and a purple blouse... Her lilac hair was in her eyes, so she pushed it to the side, elbowing someone else in the process ("sorry, sorry") and carried on rushing to the main building, anxious not to miss her lesson... Hopefully the first lesson wouldn't be on tea-leaf reading. She had no real objections to it, but every time she tried to practice at home, they lost a cup. Her mother had even taken to buying disposeable cups so that they wouldn't lose any more fine china...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/26/2012 9:41 PM

Rook scowled at the young woman--Pandora, he thought it was?--who, today, seemed to think it would be all right to come into his school wearing jeans. Jeans! Street clothes! The garb of the common people, not great wizards. He hollered after her as she made her way inside. "You there! Those trousers you are wearing are not to school dress code!" He waved his hand to catch her attention. "I'll give you some slack since this is the first day, but tomorrow you will be wearing slacks, young woman, or a skirt! This is not a place for street clothing!"

Here, on the other hand, was a student with some manners! Emiliano turned to Silas, who seemed rather flustered, and gave him a "How do you do." "Welcome aboard, young sir. We may have our disagreements in our time here, but I hope we may come to understand each other."

Fenrick, meanwhile, extended a hand to shake Calla's. He brushed his large, springy quantities of blonde hair out of his face and smile. "Hi! Nice to meet you, Calla. You're new, right? I've been training under Master Rook for a long time now... it's great to meet new students!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/26/2012 9:55 PM

Pandora blushed, recalling the headmaster's words... She couldn't believe she had been told off, and on her very first day, too! She cringed, and went to read her book, as she waited for the class to start.

An hour later, and she was practically in tears. Not only had she smashed a teacup, she had knocked down a scrying mirror, dropped the teapot, and accidentally set fire to the curtains by hooking them round the candle stands... It had been a disaster from start to finish. She hoped the next class would be better...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/26/2012 9:59 PM

Disagreements? Silas felt his cheeks warm with another blush. Did Master Rook know who he was? And that he had trained under Master Capello? Had the two of them had some sort of disagreement as of late? Did Master Rook not approve of familiars? A thousand questions raced through his head, and he froze for a moment, shaking. Epsilon gave him another kick to bring him out of his internal ravings and back to where he was standing in front of his new headmaster quivering like a frightened child.

"Y-yes, sir," he stammered. "I mean, no, sir. I hope no such disagreement will arise." More embarrassed than before he spoke, he ducked his head and entered the building. There, he proceeded to nearly attach himself to the nearest wall, staying as far away from the herd of incoming students as possible.

He glanced over to his familiar, who returned his master's violet gaze with an amethyst one of his own. "Man I really messed up already. Classes haven't even started, and I can't even talk to one of the men I've looked up to my entire life. And I'll have to talk to him again. Every day." He ran a hand through his hair. "What am I gonna do?"

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1042
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/26/2012 10:03 PM

Calla smiled.  "I am indeed new here--I've been studying for some time with my mother, sister, and our childhood friend--they're over there--but we decided to come here to further our knowledge," she said.  "My sister got into some trouble at our last academy--she gets a little... overenthusiastic about trying new spells.  To the point where she might end up endangering her life."

Oh, if only Calla knew.

"Uh... shall we go inside, Caradius?" Morana asked, and her Frost companion nodded, although after a moment, Morana stopped when she saw the student with a rabbit on his shoulder.  He looked a little downcast, but Morana smiled as she tapped his other shoulder.  "Hey.  Chin up!  It'll be fine," she said.  "It's only the first day--and given what we've seen so far, I'm sure that Master Rook is a little... stressed."

"Is that your familiar?" Caradius asked, looking at the Diosol.  Morana's attention also turned to the Diosol, and she smiled.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next