Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Double-Sided [P, D + maybe others]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/15/2014 11:27 AM

[Human form!]

Brook Ryer wasn't entirely sure about this whole school thing. He stood on the sidewalk, staring up at the public school with an uncomfortable look on his face. Backpack, check. Jacket, check. Phone, double check. Very important. Supplies... check. Right. Well, there wasn't any need for stalling now.

Brook walked into the school with a grimace, wondering if he looked like any regular old high schooler. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to act, here. But after a short orientation and having to deal with the rushing throngs of students in the hallways, Brook managed to find his first period classroom, Calculus, and sat down at the back of the classroom as he watched some students file in.

[Short posts very much welcome btw, I've never ever used Brook before and I'm sort of making him up on the spot, so I'd love some quick back and forth! x'D]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: Double-Sided [Open to one more!]

Postby Atoli01 » 11/29/2014 12:03 AM

Adhering to the uniform policy was not Rhys's idea. It was Rook's darned schoolgirl fetish[/i[ that got her looking all proper and prim on this particular morning. The man wouldn't let Rhys take even a step out his front door without her looking all dolled up. She could only shudder to think about the reactions of those who were going to see her in such a state. Administration would surely be pleased, though that fact in itself [i]displeased her. Hair loose and flowing, not a drop of a makeup on and a skirt of a socially acceptable length are things which were rare to be seen on her individually, much less all three paired together.

"Got to make a good first appearance!" Rook had remarked this morning. Rhys simply huffed at the memory as she balled her fist around the strap of her messenger bag. First day of school, huh? The first class of the day wasn't a hard one to remember; she'd had multiple... er... run-ins with the Calculus teacher since last year.  Rhys figured the old man would be just thrilled to see her smiling face in his class. Curse the old fart, the petite girl told herself as she slid the classroom door open.

Rhys assumed there was no assigned seating (rather, she didn't particularly care if there was or not) and took a seat beside a certain student whose face she had not before seen.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Re: Double-Sided [Open to one more!]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/29/2014 1:45 AM

Brook blinked as he heard the desk next to him shift, and he glanced over at the student, blinking at her for a moment. He thought nothing of it that she'd decided to sit next to him, or would have thought nothing of it besides the fact that there had been a generous number of free seats in other places that weren't the back of the classroom. Regardless, Brook offered something like a smile to her, and turned his attention to the door again, wanting to make sure he got every student's face in his mind. He shifted in his chair as a few stragglers came in right as the bell rang, and he settled back in his seat, propping a foot up on the underside rungs of the kid's chair in front of him. No sign of the teacher yet, he observed, watching with a bored expression as the other kids chatted back and forth, his eyes darting between pairs and trios of obvious cliques.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: Double-Sided [P; Atoli and I]

Postby Atoli01 » 11/29/2014 1:55 AM

She should've let Rook hold her back for a good twenty minutes longer. Maybe then she wouldn't have had to be sitting there, bored off of her rockers, as she was. Seeing all the other students begin filing in the classroom and socializing made her... well, not want to socialize herself, but rather get out of school and get back to her own friends. She absentmindedly wondered if Rise would be in her class again this year, though she somehow doubted that this year would start out on such a pleasant note.

All things aside, she stole a glance at the boy seated next to her as she pulled two strips of gum from her pocket. He seemed less annoying than the others, she'd give him that. "Hey kid, you want gum?" Her crass manner of speaking would probably take the boy aback, she noted with amusement. Rhys, following that statement, fumbled with the wrapper of one to open it and slip it into her mouth before slipping one to the boy. Teacher wasn't here yet. No gum rules didn't apply.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/29/2014 6:57 PM

Brook shifted as the girl spoke, and it took him a moment to realize she was talking to him, before the gum was slid under his hand. He blinked down at it, then at her, and offered a small smirk and a nod. "Thanks," he said, unwrapping the gum and sticking it between his teeth, frowning at the fruity taste but chewing on it regardless. He lightly tapped the chair with his foot in front of him, smiling smugly at the kid who turned around and gave him a dirty look, then he looked back over at the girl. "So who're you?" he asked, figuring small talk might be normal in this situation, with the teacher still not in sight.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 11/29/2014 7:17 PM

"Ah, that's right. You're new here. You'll learn soon enough," Rhys replied with a short laugh. There was scarcely a person in school who had not caught word of her antics. Behind her, she could hear a group of girls speaking in hushed voices about her change in appearance. In any normal situation, she would've stood up and scolded all of them. However, this particular morning, she was a bit too tired for that and she had a new guest to entertain.

"I suppose I'll tell you now, though. Rhys." She stretched her arms out onto the table, followed by her which used them as a pillow. Even still, she turned her head to look at the man. "How about you? You seem pretty rude, asking for a girl's name before giving your own." And even after I gave you free gum too, she mused.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/30/2014 12:28 AM

Brook raised an eyebrow at the girl's words. She seemed pretty self important, didn't she... Smirking a bit, not without a hint of coldness, Brook leaned back in his chair as she leaned forward, tilting his head back. "Rhys," he echoed her, testing out the name, then nodded. "A'ight, chill, sorry about that. Name's Donnie," Brook mumbled out the first name that came to mind, used to this tired old game. He'd had about a dozen other names: Jack, Jordan, Ricky, Kyle... Donnie was a new one. He kinda liked it. He glanced at her for a moment, looking her over, then smiled. "You're dressed kinda funny, aren't you?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Double-Sided [P, D + maybe others]

Postby Atoli01 » 11/30/2014 12:52 AM

"Mm, Donnie. Nice to meet you I guess. That's what I'm supposed to say, isn't it?" Rhys groaned at the words; she wasn't one for formalities. Oh, how ashamed her mother would be if she was ever around to hear her speak like this. Not like she particularly gave a damn, though. It was just a huge pain to deal with parents. In some ways, she was glad her mother was gone. More freedom. Less nagging.

"Please don't mention the outfit. My... friend," She had not the slightest clue how to explain her relationship with Rook to those outside their group. "wouldn't let me leave the house without this silly getup on this morning." And with that, Rhys buried her face in her arms in shame. "Damn that guy," she muttered under her breath.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/30/2014 1:44 AM

Passing over Rhys' odd response about being 'supposed' to say something, Brook blinked at her next words, his brows knitting together a bit as he easily picked up on her hesitation to call this Rook man a 'friend.' Well, he thought, there was something to think about. After all, that was why he was here, at school. To think about things. Perhaps not conventional things that the teachers intended, but to think about other things, and to learn other things. Much more important things...

"Sorry about that," Brook murmured, nodding once to her. "Wasn't my place to ask about it. You look fine," he added, turning back to the front and leaning on his elbows, stealthily taking out the gum from his mouth and sticking it under the desk, already sick of that fruity taste.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 11/30/2014 1:53 AM

Well of course. "Of course I look fine. Don't go around saying otherwise, you hear?" Rhys told him, lifting her head from her desk. She huffed, watching a few strands of her bangs puff up in the process, and stole a side glance at the boy. She saw that. "So are you a troublemaker too?" Rhys picked her arm up and propped her cheek up against it, now starting straight at the boy.

"Don't touch me with that gummy hand of your's, but anyone who refuses to be a goody two-shoes is an ally of mine." It seemed that, in that instant, Rhys's view of the man took a drastic turn. A smirk on her face, she held out her free hand to the man. This is going to be fun, she mused.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/30/2014 2:07 AM

Brook blinked at the mention of 'troublemaker' and he glanced at her, meeting her eyes and raising his eyebrows. Oh. She saw that. "Well, you aren't wrong," he murmured, allowing a small smirk onto his face at her accusation. He made a point to reach over with the hand he hadn't used for the gum and shook her hand. In all honesty, he wasn't entirely sure what he was getting into, but perhaps he should roll with it. This could be useful. This could be helpful information. But he'd have to think about that later, because the class was quickly quieting down as the teacher came into the room, and Brook glanced back at Rhys with a small smirk, leaning back in his chair and facing the front.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 11/30/2014 12:59 PM

Well Rhys sure as heck had picked the right person as her seat mate, she concluded as the two shook on it. They'd suffer through this school year together and darn well raise hell while they were at it. Even if it wasn't something Donnie was completely accustomed to, Rhys was sure she could teach him her ways. The boy had potential.

An upset look flashed across Rhys's face upon seeing the old pudgy man walk in, and upon his surveillance of the room, it seemed his feelings were mutual. There was little the girl could do to not flash him an award winning grin and wave. Already he seemed to want to go home. Shaking his head at her, he turned to begin writing his name on the board. "Welcome to an hour of hell with fatty," Rhys muttered under he breath, directed toward Donnie.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/14/2014 11:18 PM

Brook seemed to notice the look of discomfort on the teacher's face, and he flicked his eyes along the man's line of sight to Rhys' desk, one eyebrow raising curiously. "You have history with him?" Brook inquired softly under his breath, so the teacher wouldn't hear. "Or, well. Do you know him? This is math, not history," he added with a small smirk, trying not to chuckle at his own joke, turning his eyes back to the board. Mr. Pendleton. God, what a name, Brook thought with an inward sneer that didn't register on his face.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2014 5:37 PM

Talking in front of the teacher too? Oh, this boy was on a roll. New kid and he dared to do the things that the school's seniors scarcely attempted. She smirked, but just as she was about to answer his question, he cracked that dumb joke. Dumb, yes, but she... had to keep herself from chuckling at it anyway. "Yes, I guess you can say I do have math with him," she replied with a smirk that was shielded by the hand propping up her head. Oh boy, she had history with him. If only this newcomer new. "Mister Pendleton! Back here! You saw me right? Hiiiiiiiii~ Looking forward to another great year!" Rhys hummed, waving at the older gentleman. She didn't quite care that he was talking. His speeches were always drab anyway.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/26/2014 8:17 PM

Brook jumped in surprise as Rhys spoke up, startled by her interruption, and he raised an eyebrow and smirked, glancing over at the teacher as the older man turned to stare straight at Rhys with a disdainful look on his face. He cleared his throat to draw the class's attention back to him, adjusting his glasses. "Yes, well... the... feeling is mutual?" he said, his tone seething with awkwardness at the situation. "Now as I was saying..."

Brook glanced back at Rhys as the teacher continued to drone, and he grinned at her, leaning over slightly. "You've got guts. He's kind of creepy," Brook chuckled softly, then cringed as Mr. Pendleton cleared his throat loudly. "Aw, shit..."

"Young man, Miss Rhys, am I going to have to separate you two?!"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Next