Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

All I want for Christmas is a new turtle [Self | Contest]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 12:53 AM

ImageImage
[Maurice | Copper]

"Why did you drag me along to go shopping?" Copper asked bored as they walked into a shopping mall.

"Because I need to get a present for Hellen so I can't have her with me," Maurice informed while zigzagging through the crowds.

"Couldn't you have went on your own?" Copper continued to pester as he fought to keep up.

There was a pause, "no. I've had bad experiences while shopping and I refuse to go alone."

Copper frowned, "what sort of experience would make you afraid of shopping alone?"

"First off I'm afraid of almost everything life can offer so don't act so surprised. Second the experience involved zombies so yeah you would be afraid to," Maurice spotted the store he was looking for and hurried towards it.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: All I want for Christmas is a new turtle [Self | Contest

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 1:58 AM

Copper followed his friend into a candle shop and was hit by every pretty smell the world could offer all at once. He wrinkled his nose, "can't you get Hellen something a little less smelly?"

"No Hellen likes candles and I heard he complaining that she needed a new one," Maurice wondered around. What sort of candle did Hellen like? He wanted a long slinder candle so he could put the watch around. It was the watch from when they met and was the reason they got caught by the police. It had a crack going up it and chipped paint from when it fell out of his pocket. He was hoping Hellen would find it funny.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 2:22 AM

Thirty minutes later they left the candle shop with what Maurice needed. "All those smells gave me a headache," Copper groaned as he rubbed his temple.

"Sorry about that, lets go grab something to eat before we head off to the next place," Maurice suggested. He didn't want Copper in a bad mood since this was his way of trying to make up for loosing Fran.

"Yeah okay just no chinese food. I learned my lesson the last we went out to eat," Copper shuddered.

Maurice laughed, "sorry not much agrees with me."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 2:28 AM

Once back in the car with sub sandwiches Maurice leaned back in the driver seat, "so what are you up to for Christmas?"

"Uh probably go to the guilds Christmas gathering thing they have every year," Copper answered in between bites.

"Oh your not going to be with family?" Maurice honestly didn't know if Copper had family.

"Don't have any," he shook his head.

Oh well that answered his question, "I'm sorry man. All I've got is my sister but we plan on doing something before Christmas. Its the only time we can meet up."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 2:38 AM

"Nah don't worry about it, the guild is practically my family. Since my dad worked there I was pretty much raised in the guild," Copper shrugged it off. "Anyway so when will we ever get to see this mysterious sister of yours?" Copper joked, "for all we know you could have made her up."

It was Maurice's turn to shrug, "I don't know. I guess she could come and visit anytime that she is available but she's always busy. Like this year she won't even be free on Christmas."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 2:43 AM

Copper creased his eyebrows, "you don't even know what she does for a living?"

Throwing the empty sandwich wrapper behind him Maurice started the car, "no I don't think I have ever asked, why is that weird?"

"It's a little weird I think," Copper spoke before finishing up his sand which.

"Maybe I'll ask the next time we meet up," Maurice sped off through the streets in the little mini coupe. It made a little hiccup and the whole car jerked. Maurice patted the dash, "come on Mighty Bruce you can do it."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 2:48 AM

Copper grabbed the side of the door, "slow down Maurice. Your going really fast." He flintched as the nearly avoided crashing into the car in front of them. Maurice weaved his way between the traffic ignoring his friends advice.

"Oh stop being a wimp," Maurice tutted, "Hellen doesn't even blink an eye when I drive the rare times she let's me drive."

"I wonder why," he mumbled sarcastically.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 2:52 AM

"We're here," Maurice declared happily, "and no one died."

"Speak for your self. I don't think that cat can say the same after you ran it over," Copper said as he stumbled out of the car quickly. Looking up he asked confused, "why are we at a pet store?"

"Cats have nine lives it'll be fine. I have a Christmas present that I have to buy here," Maurice started to walk towards the store.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 2:59 AM

I didn't realize Hellen wanted a pet?" Copper wonder. He never took Hellen as a pet person.

"Well that's because its not for her," Maurice shuddered at the thought of Hellen with an animal. He could just picture it, it doing one thing wrong. Yoru off with its head!

"Then who's it for," Copper asked as they entered.

Maurice smiled, "you of course."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/08/2015 3:08 AM

"Me?" Copper asked confused. "Why are you getting me a pet, and I thought Christmas gifts were a surprise?" Copper scanned the room looking at all the pets.

"Well this partially a Christmas gift slash apology for loosing Fran. The fastest turtle in excistance," Maurice chuckled hoping he wasn't still mad.

"Yeah may that speedy reptile rest in peace," Copper smiled letting Maurice know he didn't hold a grudge.

Relief washed over him, "hey you don't know if she's dead she could be out in the wild ruling over a tribe of turtles making a revenge plan on me." His eyes grew wide in horror, "oh god I have something else to be afraid of now." Eyeing the display of turtle suspiciously he whispered, "no turtle can be trusted."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate