The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: .Like the UNholiest dream. [Private, I'm afraid]

Postby Rabid » 02/17/2010 7:46 PM

The bleeder opened his eyes at the sound of Zephyr's voice. He gave an almost robotic I'm fine. and winced at the gentle touch. It seemed to have snapped him out of... Whatever the heck that was. He shook his head - instantly regretting it - in an attempt to clear his mind. His face brushed against... Fur? What the hey? He too, was extremely confused.

What did she do? He growled. He suddenly felt a wave of confusion and frustration hit him, and it would have knocked him over had he been standing. That definitely wasn't normal. Especially since this wave was more of a sensing than a feeling; he still had his own emotions, but these other ones were slowly wrapping themselves around him like a cloak. He tried to shake them off with a chill, but it seemed to only delay the inevitable. On the bright side, they seemed to have retreated, creeping around him at an unnoticeably slow pace.

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby Jinx » 02/17/2010 11:58 PM

Standing up, Zephyr shook himself gently and took a breath. "I'm gonna find out what's going on. Are you gonna come with me?" Without waiting for an answer, the Yonyuu began to move toward the tent opening. He didn't realize that his emotions were now felt by Antares as well. He didn't realize that he could now talk through his mind either, but he had yet to figure that out. Once he was out the tent, he began to trot, weaving passed other creatures and wondering eyes.

Once he spotted the Seers' tent, he barged in without even making himself known. "Hey, Seer...lady...creature..." He stammered, trying to remember if she had given them her name. Nothing came to mind. "W-What did you do to me...to us? My friend and I?" He felt a rush of emotions run through him. Anger, panic, tension. He wanted to yell at her, for doing something without letting the two of them know, but he bit his tongue and waited for her to speak.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 63
Donate

Postby Rabid » 02/20/2010 1:46 PM

Despite the insane aching in his muscles, the bleeder ran after Zephyr, clinging to his tail before he got too far away. He clung for dear life, thankful that he didn't hit anything upon the yonyuu's hasty turns. He was breathing quite heavily once they reached the tent, and he was frozen stiff with terror. It somehow grew more difficult to breath, and he couldn't understand; perhaps it was the atmosphere in the tent? Yes, yes, that made sense... Then he stopped breathing altogether because the seeress broke into cackling laughter.

I merely brought the two of you closer; is that so terribly wrong? She laughed again, emphasizing her mocking tone. I must apologize for the pain, however; it is merely a side-effect, and should wear off soon. The confusion shall fade with time; you will grow used to these things, and it will be as though you were never apart, never two - always one. She had lost the mocking tone, but still remained upbeat... Which was odd, seeing that she looked like a walking horror show. However, her words merely brought on more questions and anger. What the heck was she talking about? Antares wanted to rip his fur out. True, he had no fur; it just shows how angry and frustrated he was, doesn't it?

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Previous