The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

variables [L,V]

Postby Icy Rose » 09/15/2017 10:53 PM

ImageImageImage

"You can't be serious!"  The younger elf exclaimed with a fist on the table in front of them.  The room was heated, full of the electric energy of disagreement.  The two elves, though close since young adulthood, had very different ideas of how things should go. "Don't be a naive." Sindel, though a scoundrel by any means, had a different moral compass than Meralys.  She was not one for stone cold murder - there were certainly other means.  Such was always the argument between thief and assassin.  The woman that lurked in the corner, blonde hair braided down her back, seemed disinterested.  "Sindel, get over yourself."  No stranger to death by her hand, she didn't care as long as the job was done.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

find me on the discord if you wanna chat!
Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 558
Donate

Re: variables [L,V]

Postby Icy Rose » 09/15/2017 11:00 PM

Sindel, feeling somewhat ganged up on, crossed her arms childishly in defense.  Norra was supposed to be the "good" one out of them and yet she sided with Meralys?  She didn't understand.  She often wondered if her affection of Meralys was misplaced as scuttlebutt of her work made it to her.  Their organizations were more tightly aligned than either of them cared to admit.  Norra, for whatever reason, found her way into that mix whether the three of them cared or not.  "There's no reason to resort to that," Sindel maintained.  Meralys was the kind to do it no matter if her companions agreed or not, so she said, "Fine." All three of them knew how unrealistic that was.  Norra scoffed and said, "Stop it.  If we don't all agree, this will go to shit."  The last thing they needed was Meralys to go rogue on such a sensitive mission.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/17/2017 12:20 AM

"Your morals," Meralys put that in quotation marks, "just make things more difficult."  Her hands sat on the daggers on her hips as if she was daring Sindel to test her.  The thief was getting more and more exasperated in the face of knowing she'd lose this argument. "You don't have to get abrasive."  Then again, when was Meralys ever anything other than abrasive?  Right after Norra intervened, Sindel said, "There's no reason to kill anyone!"  Not everything had to end in bloodshed - they could easily get what the want without that.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/29/2017 2:02 PM

"Listen,"  Norra started, standing between the two of them as to prevent anything happening.  This was one of the worse fights the two of them have had over the years and Norra had no interest in having it escalate any higher.  "Norra," Meralys interrupted, but Norra held up her hand to stop her.  "We aren't leaving this room until we agree."  Sindel sat down, exasperated, and put her legs up on the table.  It was going to be a long conversation.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/29/2017 2:10 PM

"I can do this by myself."  Sindel was the sneakiest thief in the country, a woman with no reputation because it was best to be unknown.  Meralys rolled her eyes, "You can't go in there alone." Was that a touch of ... affection?  "She has a point."  Or, at the very least, it could just be Sindel and Meralys.  She was here only as a favor.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/29/2017 2:17 PM

The other two stared her down, and she just shrugged.  Norra, out of the three of them, likely had the highest sense of morality.  Meralys was an assassin.  Sindel was a thief and a little more.  Norra was a bit more... convoluted.  Even for her holier-than-thou attitude, she seemed disinterested in this mission.  "He's a good man,"  Sindel whispered. "He's long past that.  You know it." She wouldn't have asked for her help if he was.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/29/2017 3:18 PM

Sindel sat, twiddling her thumbs as she worked on deciding what to say.  "I want you two on this with me because you're the strongest people I know."  This was going to be treacherous, and that went without saying.  Bandits.  General horrors down in the depths.  "And that's what you're getting."  Meralys sounded jaded; she always thought that Sindel had a childish naivete about these things.  Especially now.  This many didn't deserve mercy in her eyes.  Norra finally moved out of the way of the two of them, feeling the tensions lower slightly.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/29/2017 3:27 PM

"We would've leave you alone on this, Sindel."  The atmosphere of the room had shifted in just those few moments.  The three of them delicately balancing being enemies and companions.  Meralys cleared her throat.  "It's your mission, I get that."  Sindel looked over, wide eyed.  "We'll do this your way."  Arms crossed, Meralys wouldn't make eye contact with Sindel.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/29/2017 3:32 PM

The younger elf looked like she might cry, but her jaw steeled and her fists clenched.  Couldn't let herself look weak in front of them, not like this.  It was one thing to be stabbed but it was one thing to cry.  "Okay."  Her voice clear and bright, she stood up and moved to the map on the table.  "We'll be going in blind."  They all preferred to do some reconnaissance.  "It wouldn't be the first time."

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/29/2017 3:35 PM

"My contacts are very sure he's holed up in there."  A forgotten ruin.  There would be nothing good in the dark, but nothing that the three of them couldn't handle.  "It's a sacred place.  We'll have to be careful."  Sindel laughed.  "He wont be."  Meralys' fingers tapped on the table.  "I don't think the Gods will mind."  They all delicately tiptoed on divine lectures, skirting the edges of what was considered right and wrong.  It depending on who you were worshiping; the three of them doing little.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate