The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Where Have They Gone, the Stars in Your Eyes? [Self][L,V

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/21/2017 1:19 AM

In the present. . .

"Kosok, why isn't she waking up?" Dahlia was leaning over the side of the hospital bed, hovering above the woman she had just brought here. She looked up at the Sonling imploringly, but he simply leveled her with a glare that seemed to say, Be patient. She huffed at him impatiently before falling back into the chair she had pulled up while they waited.

Where did this woman come from, who hurt her, what was she running from? These questions and more swirled around in the older woman's head as she reclined in the chair. Dahlia glared up at the ceiling, as if it held the answers to all of her questions, but decided to keep them from her.

Annoyed, she sat back up and looked down at the currently unconscious woman. Kosok was now curled up on Andromeda's stomach, napping lightly. It was impossible to stay annoyed when the two made such a cute picture. Dahlia grinned and took her phone out of her pocket, snapping a quick picture. She lowered the phone and stared at the screen for a moment, as if considering something. Decision made, Dahlia stood and walked out to the hallway, phone ringing next to her ear.

Soon, a feminine voice answered on the other line. "Hey, Iris," the woman said as she peeked around the doorway back into the room. "Think we got room for one more back at the Garden?"

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/21/2017 4:28 PM

A few years ago. . .

Andromeda's eyes flew open as she shot up into a sitting position.  I must have passed out... She reached up to rub her temples, but hissed in pain as she felt something tugging at her hand. She looked down in surprise at the needle embedded into one of her veins. She followed the tubes connected to it, and recognized the set-up as an IV. A hospital then? Her heart skipped a beat. Had she been rescued?

A deep, throaty chuckle to her side quickly crushed her hopes. "Feeling better?" She turned her head towards the source of the voice. The boss was smirking down at her from the chair he had pulled up to her bedside. Andromeda refused to answer, staring at him silently. This made the boss frown as he reached over, running his fingers through her hair. "Don't tell me we broke you already, sweetheart." This got the reaction he was looking for, as the girl pulled back with a snarl.

She waited until he was once again seated in the chair before speaking. "What do you want from me?" The man's smirk returned full-force as he crossed his ankles.

"I'll be using your powers for my own gain, of course," he stated this in a bored tone, beginning to pick at his fingernails. "I need a healer to protect not only me, but my men." He shrugged. "The drug ring is a dangerous game, you know."

He shifted until he leaned forward, elbows resting on his knees. "We will train you to become one of our own, break you, until you become nothing more than my pawn." He then looked up at her, eyes flashing lecherously. "Well, maybe you'll become more than that."

Andromeda paled, feeling nauseous at the mere thought of this man touching her again. Scowling, she put on a brave front. "I will never use my powers for you, for evil!" She refused to even acknowledge the other part, afraid to encourage him.

The boss twisted his features into a look of disappointment. "Well, I guess I'll just have to let you go, then." He stood, and began unhooking the machines around the young woman. Andromeda gaped at him, shocked. He wouldn't really let her go, would he?

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/21/2017 4:49 PM

After unplugging the final machine, he turned to her and even offered a hand to pull her up out of the bed. She stared at his hand, as if contemplating whether to take it or not. She looked up into his eyes, flickering back and forth between them. She tried to get a read on what exactly he was thinking, but his face remained impassive, unreadable. Finally, after a long moment, she grabbed his hand.

The girl realized her mistake as soon as his hand curled tightly around hers. The boss grinned maliciously and yanked her to her feet, the IV needle tearing out of her hand. The girl cried out in pain, knees buckling. The man let go of her good hand, but remained standing, watching her fall to the floor and cradle her mangled hand close to her chest. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she squeezed her eyes shut. A blue light enveloped her form, and she hissed as she felt her hand repair itself.

The boss' grin only grew, twisting his features maniacally as he witnessed her powers for himself. After her hand had healed, he reached down and grabbed her by the hair, pulling her back to her feet. "Your training starts now," he said. "Go into the next room and change into something more... athletic, and come out once you are done." He tightened his grip on her hair, making her grit her teeth. "Understand?"

And what choice did Andromeda have but to nod? "Good." The boss released her, and she nearly collapsed once more, the bed being the only thing keeping her from falling. The man pointed to a door on the opposite side of the room. Andromeda pushed herself to her feet and made her way over to the room, only entering after making sure the man stayed on the other side of the room away from her.

She shut the door behind her and looked at the clothing left for her, hanging from the wall on small hooks. The outfit included a pair of spandex leggings and a matching shirt, the sleeves ending just before her knuckles. A pair of combat boots rested on a shelf extending from the wall. What was this, the Hunger Games? Andromeda huffed humorlessly at her own joke before quickly changing, all while keeping a close eye on the door.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/29/2017 10:30 PM

The second after she finished tying her shoes, the door opened, causing her to jump back in surprise. The boss strode in with a smarmy grin, looking her up and down. "Too bad you're a quick dresser." Andromeda visibly shuddered in disgust, which the man pointedly ignored. "Come," he ordered. Without checking to make sure she obeyed, he turned on his heel and left the room.

The young woman only hesitated for a moment before following him, albeit at a distance. The boss halted in front of the other door, waiting for her to reach him. After a couple moments, the man turned around and glared at Andromeda, who was standing a few feet behind him, waiting. He won't open the door until I stand next to him? She glared, but made her way next to him, trying to keep at least an arm's length between them.

Satisfied, he turned back to the door, which opened to reveal the tall servant from before. He sneered down at Andy before stepping to the side, allowing her and the boss through. The boss stepped in immediately, but Andy followed slowly, taking in the setup of the room. As soon as she was through, the servant slammed the door, snickering as the young woman jumped at the sudden sound.

She whipped her head around to glare at him, watching as he made his way to the center of the room, along with the boss. The two men faced her, seeming to size her up, as the servant pulled out a remote and pressed a button.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/12/2017 2:36 PM

The floor behind the two men split open, startling Andromeda. Her eyes darted between her captors and the floor, expecting some sort of trap to reveal itself at any second. To her surprise, a different floor panel began to rise, holding what seemed to be two weapons racks, and... mannequins? The girl's eyes narrowed at the human-shaped figures. But, as the boss moved slightly, her eyes darted back to him.

He smirked at her, then turned and approached the weapons racks. "You will train," he explained in the silent room. "And you will work for me. But first, you must be able to defend yourself against - " He was interrupted by Andromeda's sudden, scathing laughter, its harshness causing both the boss and servant to flinch. They both turned to look at her, eyes wide with an emotion the girl didn't care to place.

After a minute or so, the laughter trickled down into a amused huffs, and she wiped a tear from her eye. She shook her head, and stood straight, addressing the boss with her head held high. "And what makes you think that I wouldn't turn against you?" Her eyes were cold, and her tone, venomous. "You think I wouldn't use your very 'training' - " she sneered out the word in disgust, " - to avenge my parents?"

Andromeda felt as if she was on fire, the rage giving her a confidence and strength she was unaware she possessed. She began stalking towards the boss, hunching her shoulders further with each step. "I will give you NOTHING," she snapped. Her face began twisting, her rage causing her to begin the shift back into her Paragon form. "All I will give you is a long, drawn out, and PAINFUL end to your USELESS existen - "

BANG!

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 11/10/2017 8:07 PM

The silence following the gunshot was brief, broken by the wet choking noises tearing themselves from Andromeda’s throat. Coughing harshly, she gasped for breath, hands scrambling to place pressure against the gaping wound in her side.

The boss frowned in distaste, giving Andromeda a scathing glare before handing his weapon off to the servant beside him. That kind of insubordination would not be tolerated, though testing her boundaries might prove useful to him in the future.

“It’s good to know there can be times where you aren’t weak,” the servant sneered, holstering the gun against his side once more. Before he could continue, though, the boss raised his hand for silence. The servant huffed, but refrained from speaking again.

The boss approached his injured captive, watching blankly as she bled out. Andromeda glared up at him in return, but her eyes betrayed the fear and pain she felt. “Well?” The man asked. What could he possibly be waiting for? For her to bleed out and die? She’s pretty sure she just felt a kidney poking through the gap in her side, so it couldn’t be long.

At her clueless expression, the boss scoffed. “Heal yourself, stupid girl. Is that not your ability we’ve taken you for?”

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 11/29/2017 9:30 PM

Andromeda growled harshly at his insult, though her choking ruined any intimidation. I don't want to be his tool... She felt tears well up in her eyes as she doubled over herself. But I can't just die like this! All she has done is cry and cower... but no more! An icy determination hardened itself in her veins, and she forced herself to stand tall.

With a sharp inhale, Andromeda let out a terrible shriek, wings erupting from her back and blue glow seeming to burst from her skin. The men jumped backwards in fear, clueless as to where all of this strength came from so suddenly. Unknown to them, hundreds of memories, all of her parents, passed through her mind at this moment. She won't become an object of hatred... that would be exactly what they wanted.

No, she confirmed, tears streaming down her cheeks from both the effort and the emotions. I will do this for my parents, for the love I had for them! With the last of her breath expelled from her lungs, the room fell eerily quiet. With a deep inhale, her wings folded back in and melded into the girl's flesh, and she raised her head.

With a dangerous look in her eye, Andromeda stood tall, proud, even, glaring down her captors. "My name is Andromeda," she declared, her voice like thunder in the otherwise silent room. "And I will be given the respect to be called as such."

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/06/2017 4:05 PM

It only took a moment for the men to gather themselves, and the boss even began to laugh, any previous fear gone. "Quite the show!" He shouted excitedly, a crazed glint appearing in his eye as he applauded loudly. "That kind of healing power is exactly what we need." He took a few steps forward, approaching the now confused Andromeda.

He paused when he saw the almost shocked look on her face, doubling over once more with laughter. After quieting down, he stood up and wiped a tear from his eye. "Oh, yes, you surely had us there for a moment, but really..." He turned and quickly lobbed something at her, causing her to duck and cover her head to avoid the unexpected assault.

Point proven, the boss smirked down at the girl. "You're not a fighter - maybe not yet, anyway." The boss quickly gestured to his servant to approach, but still addressed Andromeda when he spoke. "You must earn the right to be called by your name, and until you can prove your loyalty, you'll be taught some proper manners." With that, the servant and another large man appeared on either side of her, grabbed her by the arms, and began dragging her away.

Her screams of hatred only fueled his glee, and he made his way back to his office. He had had enough fun for the day, and the business wouldn't run itself, after all.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/14/2017 5:36 PM

In the present. . .

A quite groan escaped Andromeda as her eyelids fluttered. Too bright, she winced and tried to raise a hand to cover her eyes, only to gasp at the pull of a needle in her hand. What the hell? The young woman's eyes flew open, ignoring the throbbing headache as she launched into a sitting position.

"Whoa!" Another woman was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. Or... was sitting, until Andromeda's sudden awakening had her standing. A small, blue creature stared from its perch on the woman's shoulder, though neither of the figures seemed menacing... "Miss, take it easy, you're gonna tear your stitches!"

Eyes widening even further, Andromeda ripped the sheets away to reveal a quickly reddening spot in the hospital gown. Dahlia gasped and Kosok began angrily chattering, and the two moved to shout for a nurse.

"Wait!" She gritted her teeth, holding out a hand as if to somehow stop the two from continuing. Luckily, for her, they paused, though still frowned in concern. "Just... tell me who you are, why did you help me?" She only had a few seconds, but if she thinks she can trust them... then she'd use her powers.

It was better than staying in the Slums. The risk of getting caught again was too large for her to stick around any longer than she had to.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/14/2017 8:07 PM

Dahlia's eyes widened, and Kosok began chattering loudly. "Miss, I don't think -"

"Just tell me!" Andromeda quickly cut her off, hand squeezing at the wound in her side. With a helpless look, Dahlia turned to face Kosok, then back to Andromeda.

"You're injured, you needed help. We're not from around here, ma'am," Dahlia was almost begging with her now, her eyes flicking between the growing bloodstain and the steely, blue eyes. "We work with a woman named Iris, who can help you get away from those trying to hurt you, but you have to trust her, trust us!"

The desperate tone in the other woman's voice was enough for her, and Andromeda quickly dug her hand further into the wound. She cried out softly, but the blue glow lifting off of her skin distracted the other two in the room. After a long moment, Andromeda let out a tired sigh and fell back onto the pillow, releasing her side.

The woman and her companion quickly rushed over to her side, Kosok chattering in concern as Dahlia hovered worriedly. "It's okay, now," Andromeda huffed, clutching weakly at the hand gripping the guard of her bed. "See for yourself," she murmured, guiding said hand to the skin beneath her gown.

Dahlia eyebrows furrowed before her eyes went wide with shock. "It's gone." Even Kosok grew quiet with shock.

Andromeda simply breathed a quiet laugh, the amusement a foreign, yet freeing feeling. "So, can we leave and meet this Iris, now?"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/14/2017 10:53 PM

One year ago. . .

A cold, piercing gaze scanned the large floor of the casino, blue eyes shining dangerously. Andromeda's free hand brushed her curled bangs back into her updo, while the other held the arm of her escort closer. She felt man stiffen next to her, and she threw him a coy smile and wink, her tongue curling around her teeth hungrily.

The man turned beet red and looked away, gulping loudly. So simple-minded, she scoffed internally, rolling her eyes as she scanned the room once more. When was this going to go down, anyway?

As if they read her mind, her earpiece buzzed to life, a voice crackling loudly into her ear. "Blue dragon, do you copy?" Blinking calmly, Andromeda glanced up at the unsuspecting man next to her, slowing their walk to a halt. "A drink is in order, yes?" The already frazzled man stared at her lips as he nodded fervently, letting out a squeak as his ass was grabbed on the way.

Andromeda chuckled, listening into the earpiece as it crackled again. "Good. White knight is in position, so be ready, on the signal." The woman hummed quietly, meeting the eyes of a tall, red-haired man on the balcony. He nodded once, and she grinned almost maliciously as he dropped his glass over the side.

As soon as it shattered onto the floor, all hell broke loose.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/15/2017 11:23 AM

Gunshots rang out across the floor, and an explosion came from near the entrance. Andromeda grabbed her escort and dove beneath one of the heavy tables covering his form with hers. "This is Blue dragon, I have the target," she hollered into her ear piece. The man beneath her began to struggle, panic widening his eyes.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll stay quiet, and stop struggling," Andromeda growled, allowing her features to morph slightly into that of her Paragon form. The man immediately ceased his movements, but began to cry silently. Andromeda rolled her eyes, turning to watch the mayhem created by her coworkers.

There were at least 30 bodies on the ground, and the sprinklers had started to put out the fire caused by the explosion, causing the blood of the victims to pool across the room. People were still screaming, running for the exits, only to find them locked.

It was over in minutes. After the last scream had died out, Andromeda's ear piece crackled. "Blue dragon, coast is clear. Bring the target." She wordlessly rolled off of the trembling man, then dragged him out of their hiding place. She smirked at the red-headed man from earlier as he approached, and dropped the target at his feet.

"Well done... Andromeda." Her lips curled upwards viciously.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/15/2017 3:34 PM

The target was quickly tied up and hauled away, his betrayed and horrified eyes following her until he was out of sight. Andromeda stifled the guilt welling up inside of her, and instead threw him a cheeky wink. If she were to reveal her true nature, now, she would lose the boss' trust in her "loyalty." Speaking of...

Andromeda twirled around and fluttered her eyelashes up at the red-haired man. "Boss," she purred, shifting so the slit in her dress revealed more of her pale thigh. "Do I deserve a reward for a job well done?" The man looked down at her, eyes heated, as he curved a hand around her waist.

"You did well..." He paused, then brought his other hand up to her neck, yanking her head backwards by her hair. "But did you really have to seduce the target?" He practically growled as she met his gaze through half-lidded eyes, mouth parted slightly. Internally, she was disgusted with herself, but what choice did she have?

She licked her lips before replying. "I thought you liked it when I acted this way." She leaned her head back further, causing him to snarl possessively. With a final yank to her now dismantled updo, he kept the arm around her waist while the other signaled their departure.

"I'll punish you when we get home."

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/16/2017 3:41 PM

"- guh!" Thick, dark blood splattered onto the floor, accompanied by choked gasping.

"Do you know why I'm doing this?" Heavy footsteps circled around Andromeda's kneeling form as she attempted to catch her breath. Her arms were restrained up and behind her with heavy metal cuffs, yet she refused to struggle. How many times have they done this? Struggling never helped.

A harsh kick came to her ribs, causing her to dry heave, more bloody spittle leaking out of her chapped lips. "Pay attention, you bitch!" The boss kneeled down, yanking Andromeda's head back and forcing her to meet his eyes. She stared back, though refused to respond. "Know where your loyalties lie." Still, she was silent.

The man released a snarl, but stood once more, dragging the woman to her feet on trembling knees. "Now," he murmured, waving forward some men behind him. Breaking her gaze from his, she looked down to see the target... no, the man from earlier. He was in worse shape than she was, as if he was barely breathing.

"You will heal him." He snapped his fingers, and her cuffs were released, dropping her to the floor. "Only then can you heal yourself." The broken man looked up at her, dried tears staining his cheeks along with the blood.

She got to work immediately.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 06/20/2018 11:49 PM

After most of the prisoner's worst wounds had been healed, he began to struggle slightly against Andromeda's hold. Her patience had been run far past thin, and she snapped down at him angrily. He cowered once more, causing her to deflate.

Sighing, she brought one hand up to her aching head. The oncoming migraine would be nothing less than agonizing if she didn't get to it soon. "What does the boss want with you, anyway?" She muttered, wincing alongside the man as his last major wound was sealed. She pulled away, turning to crawl over to the opposite wall.

"I know his weakness," the man murmured, causing Andromeda to freeze in her movements. Her heartbeat quickened as she looked over her shoulder at the shivering man.

"You what?" Disbelief and badly hidden hope tinted her voice as she made her way back to him. "How did you find it? Why did you want to know? When did you learn it?" Her questions came out rapid fire, one after the other. Eventually, the frightened man had been backed against the wall behind him as she cornered him.

"What is it? What is his weakness?" Her whispers were desperate, eyes pleading with the man in front of her. At that, his fright turned to pity, eyes crinkling in sorrow. "Tell me!"

Just as the man had opened his mouth, the cell door opened and he was dragged away, Andromeda left crawling after him. "No! NO!" The guards ignored her and slammed the door in her face, leaving her to lean against it heavily and cry, the man's terrified struggling echoing down the corridor.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items