The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: .Like the UNholiest dream. [Private, I'm afraid]

Postby Jinx » 08/27/2009 2:51 AM

"Glad to know I'll have a companion for sometime." His lips curled into a smile and again his white fangs shimmered in the light. "A nap? I wouldn't fall asleep here for anything. A place like this you have to keep your guard up, for you never know what's going to happen next." His ears flickered from side to side like a spooked horse. "We can rest a bit longer if you like, but I don't think we should stay here for long. Getting out of the slums, the better." Zephyr nodded his head, agreeing with himself.

Suddenly there was a loud growl. Not from Zephyr, or at least not from his throat, but from his stomach. A chuckle came afterward. "I apologize, I haven't eaten since yesterday morning." The canine like creature sat up, lifting his hind leg and scratching his right ear. "You hungry?" He mused, eyes closed as he scratched. "I don't know what you eat but I'm sure I could find something for you. I know I could use something." He added as he set his foot back down, shaking his head as he did so.
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 63
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/06/2009 5:25 PM

Antares returned the friendly smile, however small his was.

I don't blame you. He warily replied as he took a smooth glance around him to check for danger. I'd hate to just sleep outdoors in such a place. He took another glance at the surroundings. I vote we get out of here as soon as possible. A loud rumble of protest erupting from his belly voted otherwise. The bleeder let out a heavy sigh. After we get something to eat, I suppose.

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby Jinx » 09/06/2009 11:54 PM

Zephyr nodded, getting up and letting his chest kiss the ground as he did an awkward stretch. Licking his maw, he shook himself off and took a deep breath. "Alright, so...what do Bleeder's eat?" He questioned, looking down at the small creature beside him, tail flickering here and there. Zephyr slowly took a step out onto the sidewalk, looking both ways as if he was about to cross. There was a hustle of different types of creatures, shoving past each other.

He let out a low growl and backed up into the ally way, ears flattening. "Well, I hope you aren't scared of heights cause we're flying." Zephyr stretched out his wings, markings glowing as he did so. He knelt down and looked over at his new friend and nodded toward his back. "Hop on...and hold tight...And don't worry, if you fall I'll catch you." He said smirking.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/07/2009 12:03 AM

The bleeder let out an indignant huff.

Bleeders, He began indignantly. Eat the same things as any other creature, sir. The small creature complied - albeit reluctantly - with the yonyuu's command, climbing aboard the canine's back with a mutter that sounded something like "I'm not gonna fall off." He sat between Zephyr's shoulder blades, fisting the soft, dark-colored fur as tightly as he could. He hoped it smarted.

For shame Antares! O< lulz

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 09/07/2009 12:42 AM

Zephyr raised a brow as he sensed a bit of annoyance in the Bleeder's voice. He waited for him to get settled on top of his back and once he felt the Bleeder settle, he readied himself to take off. Spreading his wings, he flapped them slowly and then backed up so that he could get a good start. "Alright, hold on." Zephyr mumbled as he took a large leap and he was in the sky. His wings sounded like a flag or a sheet whipping in the wind as he flapped them rapidly, gradually getting higher.

Once they were high enough to see everyone below, Zephyr relaxed, letting the wind do the job. The wind ran through his fur, one of his favorite things about flying. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, legs moving as if they were touching the ground and he was walking. Opening them again, he let out a yawn and looked down below them. "You okay back there?" He mused, glancing behind him.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/07/2009 12:57 AM

Antares decided to look down and observe the goings on below them and instantly snapped his head back forward. It took all his willpower for him not to bury his face in the surplus of fur that laid before him.

I'm fine. He replied, praying to whatever deity listening to him that his voice didn't sound strained. Unfortunately for him, he was unconsciously clinging slightly tighter to his "mount," his legs squeezing tighter and claws digging deeper. He made sure to keep up his calm facade; he didn't want this guy to think badly of him. Wait a minute, this was just someone he was using! Why should he care? Whatever. He did care, and that was that.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 09/10/2009 7:27 PM

Zephyr suddenly felt Antares's grip tighten. A small grin spread across his maw, obviously the Bleeder at decided to look down. A slight chuckle slipped from the Yonyuu's lips as Antares spoke. "That's good. Though I can feel your claws digging into my skin." He replied, picking up his speed.

"Hang on, I'm gonna get a bit faster so we can get out the slums and get some food." With that said, he started to dive down toward the ground, only to go back up a couple of minutes later. The wind began to sing in his ears as he started to go faster. His ears flattened against his cranium as he soared through the sky. Finally he began to slow down, ears popping back up. "You fall off yet?" He joked, looking back behind him.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/10/2009 7:50 PM

If he could have, Antares probably would've blushed a tad. But it would've been an indignant blush, not one of embarrassment. Nope. Never embarrassment. Ever. Before he could make a snappy remark, he was warned to hold on. What did the idiot think he was doing, sunbathing with a glass of fruit punch in the middle of a serene lake?! That actually didn't sound half bad... Before he could add in more details, the yonyuu sped up considerably. Surprising himself, Antares enjoyed it. He gave what was supposed to be a grunt of acknowledgement, but came out as what sounded a bit like a whimper. Great.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 09/10/2009 8:07 PM

"I'll take that as a yes." Zephyr said softly, occasionally flapping his wings. He let his eyes glance below them, looking for a good place to eat. Unfortunately he didn't have a lot of Keystones. Just enough for one meal to share with the Bleeder. He soon began to glide toward the ground, getting closer and closer until he let his feet touch the ground and his wings fold back into place.

His claws and toes stretched out and he lowered his body to the ground so that Antares could hop off. "Hope you enjoyed the ride." Zephyr stated, standing and shaking his body as the Bleeder made his way off. The Yonyuu lifted his snout to the air, taking in the new scents. "Let's go find some food."  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/10/2009 8:26 PM

The bleeder reluctantly climbed off of Zephyr's back. He had to admit, it had been surprisingly fun. The wind had been refreshing, especially after being in the dank dark slums for so long. His stomach growled at him, urging him to follow Zephyr - and make it snappy! Okay, so it commanded him rather than urged, but that's not the point. Antares gave an ever-so-civilized grunt and began to walk in a direction that smelled good, knowing that he needn't worry about the yonyuu keeping up.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 09/30/2009 2:12 PM

The bleeder seemed to have scented something, and thus Zephyr followed. His paws lightly tapped the pavement, nails clacking ever so lightly. His head was held high and his ears erect, jerking to the slightest noise they detected. It wasn't hard for the Yonyuu to keep up with the smaller creature as he tried to not step ahead of him.

It was awkwardly silent and Zephyr couldn't stand it. He had to break the silence...Not that he was much of a talker but he wasn't used to having another to talk to and thus wanted to talk about something...Even if it was just about...the weather. Dumb, right? "So..." He finally blurted out, glowing eyes slowly moving to stare at Antares. He had no clue what else to say so he was again silent.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/30/2009 10:34 PM

Antares was soothed by the clicking of Zephyr's claws, making him less jittery and such. He walked calmly ahead, glancing around to take in the scenery. He was about to respond to Zephyr's outburst, when he heard something.

Do you hear that? He asked tilting his head. It sounded like... Music? With a shrug at whatever Zephyr had said - he hadn't paid any heed - he continued heading towards the scent of food. Oddly, the stronger the scent was, the louder the music. He quickened his pace, curious as to how the two were related. He stopped at the crest of a very small hill with a silent gasp. There were lights flashing in the sky, and the occasional shocked gasp could be heard. The music was clear now, though not excessively loud, and he was almost drooling at the smell of fresh popcorn and candied nuts. The circus was in town.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/01/2009 9:22 PM

"Yeah..." The Yonyuu responded, ears flickering as he listened. He had paused for a moment, the soft clicking of his nails ceasing, though once he realized the Bleeder had picked up his pace, Zephyr did as well. His had to trot to catch up to him, suddenly stopping at the hill. His glowing eyes gazed down at the bright lights and bewildered faces below.

Zephyr then noticed the sweet smell of caramel and popcorn, along with so much more. His mouth began to fill with saliva as the different sweet scents danced at his nose, and it was then he felt the effects of not eating in days. One meal wouldn't satisfy the both of them, they were both much too hungry. Perhaps they could...preform for keystones? "W-Why are we standing here? Food..." He muttered, sounding like a mindless idiot with his lack of words.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/01/2009 11:27 PM

Antares merely slid the short way down the hill, knowing that Zephr would follow suit. His stomach roared at him, demanding that he speed up. He obeyed without question. He began to run, seeming to be eager to reach the entertainment to any passersby. She skidded to a halt just before the tent labeled "food". He might as well have simply opened his mouth to allow the waterfall of saliva to pour faster. His pure white eyes pleaded for food. The owner of the particular stand in this tent - a chubby common kuhna, fancied up in his chef gear - looked at him with an all-knowing smirk.

Oh no, He said playfully. I ain't givin' you no free food. I dun care if you've been wanderin' fer years without a bite o' food, ye ain't gettin' none o' mine. Antares responded by switching his pleading eyes with a hard glare. How dare he think so lowly of them! He had half a mind to simply turn and stomp away... Okay, less than half. He settled for pouting, crossing his arms as best as he could as he waited for Zephyr to explain. What? He fought his own battles on occasion... Very rare occasion, but occasion nonetheless!

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/01/2009 11:48 PM

Once Antares began walking down the hill, Zephyr followed suit. As the bleeder picked up the pace, so did Zephyr. Once they came inside the tent, the scent of food was stronger, causing his tail to wag eagerly. He shook his head, coming out of his trance and looked to the chef. He watched as he shot them down before they could even say anything.

Zephyr curled his lips, exposing saliva dripping fangs and a pink tongue lapping it up. His eyes seemed to glow brighter as he did this but he controlled himself and regained his composure. Clearing his throat, he stepped forward. "Look, we're starving and we haven't much Keystones...At least not enough to buy us both a full meal...Is there anything we can do to get some?" His voice was soothing and calm. He was trying to be as nice and calm as he could, although it was rather hard with his stomach roaring. If the Kuhna refused, Zephyr was hungry enough to take food by force.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext