The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

post 8

Postby Icy Rose » 12/13/2009 3:52 AM

"I'll eat just about anything," She spoke, following him.  Uzak didn't even bother to look back at her. He flicked his hand to acknowledge her, telling Acane that he did hear her. The kuhna walked rather quickly down the middle of the street. No cars ever came, so he didn't see why not. He looked from side to side, looking down every alley he saw. He was obviously looking for something, and he was. He was ooking for the specific spot he decided to go to tonight, a place he went far too often. Atleast he had 'friends' there, so maybe he could slip by and get his dinner for free. Which would be great, considering he had no cash on him whatsoever. Yep, hopefully he could pass it through.

Suddenly he stopped, went to a random alleyway a few feet to the side. He looked around, flicked his ears, and nodded. "Yep, this is it..." The male whispered to himself, walking into the pitch-black alleyway. Once he reached the end of it, he pulled open a wooden door to the wall on his right, went into it, opened another door, and inside that room was a large restaurant. Bright lights were held within it, the aroma of food. Nothing fancy at all, practically it was a bar! There were no windows here, as if to hide it from the outside world. "Well, here we are!" He spoke aloud, he wasn't even sure if Acane was behind him at that moment.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

find me on the discord if you wanna chat!
Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 558
Donate

Re: A Place for Street Rats [P]

Postby Pyris » 12/14/2009 5:23 PM

Acane scowled when he merely waved a hand at her as though she weren't that important, but she supposed, considering she'd just met him, that she really wasn't.  He seemed to be in search of something, and she began to wonder if he knew where he was going until he turned into a pitch-black alleyway.

She paused then, slightly hesitant... after all, it was only natural not to want to go down creepy secluded places with people you didn't know well.  She heard the door open, and just before it swung shut, Uzak had said something, followed by a bright, blinding light shining through the crack of the door that was closing.  As soon as the smell of food hit her nose, she was opening the door behind him, squinting as the light blinded her. 'Well, here we are," he'd said, and she'd barely caught it as she entered through the first door.

"I've never seen this place before," she muttered.  She'd thought she knew most of the places in the area, but it was fairly apparent that she did not.  Taking another whiff of the pleasant aroma, her stomach echoed her thoughts... rather loudly.  "Smells a little expensive," she said a little more clearly, wondering if he meant to actually buy food for her here.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 01/03/2010 1:54 AM

A few heads turned to see who had entered the room, obviously they would. Better not be police, eh? That wouldn't be too good. The owner of this little hole in the wall would prolly be in some pretty big trouble, considering he wasn't even supposed to be running a shop 'round here. Just because he was arrested a while back for beating someone up, he got his license taken away. Not like that would stop little ol' Uzak from coming here, because he didn't care one bit.

"I've never seen this place before." The Trikuhna laughed at this, and took a seat on a stool, and turned to face her. "I'm not surprised. Not many people know of this place. So, you gotta keep it a secret, alright? Good." He didn't even wait for her to deny, or agree, to what he said, because he didn't expect her to decide to rat out on him. After all, he did come to give her food, no?

""Smells a little expensive," Acane commented, and Uzak laughed at the comment. "Smells delicious, right? To be truthful, this place is as cheap as a doormat... at least for ... us it will." Uzak smiled and turned his seat to face the bar, though there was no one there .. not yet, anyway.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/03/2010 2:05 AM

The inside of the place didn't exactly look like somewhere one would go for fine dining, so Acane relaxed a bit.  When Uzak said the spot was a secret, it wasn't like she cared.  She probably wouldn't ever come back, anyway.  She normally didn't really like eating out all that much; mostly because people tended to kinda stare at her.  She wasn't sure why.

He assured her it wasn't expensive, so she down on a stool beside him, looking around for the person who usually greeted guests.  There was no one.  Of course the place he took her was a little odd, but it seemed fitting, since the entire encounter was a bit strange.  "Oh," was all she could think to murmur as she settled fully into her seat.  What did one say to another when eating out together?  Especially if they didn't even know one another well.  Actually, it was only because her stomach had growled that they'd spoken this long.

She hated to admit it, but it was one of the longest conversations she'd had in a while.  She usually didn't bother to waste time talking to others.  Normally, it was a waste of breath.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

10 - posts recorded

Postby Icy Rose » 01/05/2010 4:30 AM

Uzak waited a little while at the counter to have someone walk up. He didn't give the waiter long. He tapped his fingers on the table for about a minute, and practically the exact moment Acane sat down, Uzak jumped over the counter. He didn't seem to care about this at all. It's not like this is his first time jumping behind the counter and got himself something! Uzak leaned against the counter in front of Acane. "What'd you like?" He questioned, and he went to go make himself his own drink.

He poked his head into the door to the kitchen at that moment, just to see if anyone was there. There was, people were in there cooking while others were just ... talking. They probably had nothing better to do, to be truthful. He closed the door and laughed, and leaned against the counter with his drink and waited for someone to work there to notice that he was sitting around inside of their bar.

( ... sorry it's short): )

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/05/2010 8:29 AM

Slightly confused as Uzak went over the bar, Acane's only reply was, "Err...Just water, thanks."  He seemed rather happy about something, and she supposed that maybe this place was special to him.  Who was she to question him about his pleasant mood?  After a few moments, she really couldn't help herself, so she just started talking, if only to fill the silence.  "Do you normally just jump over peoples' counters while they aren't there, or is this just a special occasion?" she jibed, thinking he'd just have to take it the way she'd meant it.

Her stomach grumbled it's complaint about being in a well-scented area but not being fed.  A small hint of red ran over her face, but she still pretended not to notice it otherwise.  They were already at the restaurant; what else could she do?

((o.O  Mine, too.  A disease, maybe?))

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous