The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby Kyrit » 01/19/2010 10:22 PM

In no way was Eivr his keeper, owner, or anything of the sort, but she did happen to be the one that was always stuck going out to find him every time he found his way to this realm. Usually it was such a pain to do so since she had to take time out of her own schedule to do so, but during her last trip she had heard word about this.. pageant. There weren't a lot of creatures back home that could be entered in to such a thing without watching the whole organization collapse, so she decided to enter him since he seemed to enjoy roaming Evelon from time to time anyways. Had to make use of the mutt in some way.

"You just wanted a simple drawing of them, right? Well, he's always managing to get in to trouble of some sort, so I guess this picture will do well enough." She pulled out a relatively clear drawing of the Kirund pup after he had obviously been scolded or something of the like. It might not have caught the side of him that was playful, but it did still how his nature in the fact that he was always so adorable when he was in trouble.

With the drawing turned in, Eivr began to drag Runt out of the room since he didn't seem to want to go on his own.

// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1635
Donate

Re: The New Year's Evelon Pageant

Postby Middy » 01/19/2010 10:38 PM

Midnight had strolled into the pageant once more taking on her human form, what a week it had been. She had almost forgotten about this contest altogether... let's see... they wanted a picture of the entry? Well... no problem, she had a picture that someone had drawn of her in her Lucain form before she slit his throat and harvested the sweet soul from within. She cackled recalling the memory, he bled like a pig! She shook her head and walked into the area where she had to put up the picture.

The back of it was smeared with blood, and a dark flame glimmered faintly on top of it. Let's hope they would take this... after all they didn't have to know about her killing anyone right? She walked towards the podium a wicked grin creasing her face, baring her elongated canines. "So I heard that you needed a pic of my entry? Well then... here it is. Pardon the blood... I just got a paper-cut on accident," she cackled sliding the picture across and turned around leaving a trail of black mist behind her.

Too easy... lying was too easy... a paper-cut? She scoffed, sure... they could believe that alright. Midnight spun one of the orbs floating above her pauldrons and drew out a fresh light blue soul before devouring it. Too easy... even if she didn't win at least people would know of her true nature.

The Taste of Blood, the Energy of Souls
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/20/2010 1:16 AM

"Come on, Aila~"

This voice seemed indignant as a trio of ladies walked out into the area where the pageant was being held.  One woman had long, blond hair with numerous colors added in and wore a dark blue kimono with luminescent butterflies.  Another had short blueish hair, a jewel on her forehead, golden bands around her arms and neck, and a purple dress; the final wore a purple dress and had her blond hair tied back out of the way.

"We were supposed to submit a picture, yes?" the one with the blond hair, Giada, asked as an orb of black energy began to form in her hands.  At the same time, a ball of fire formed in the other's hands.  The fire and shadow intertwined with each other, and Aila merely smiled as she placed the picture on the desk.  All the while, the fire and shadow from the two girl's hands continued to dance and create wondrous figures in the sky...

Fire and Shadow
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/20/2010 2:36 AM

A small robot clanks awkwardly up to the presentation desk. "Hello, there," it says cheerfully. It hands the judges a scrap of paper, all wrinkled and uneven around the edges. "Here's the art portion of our entry. Qian's been too busy to draw a self-portrait, so I volunteered to draw one of her. I've been told that robots don't have much talent, but I think it turned out fairly well!" The blue sensors that functioned as eyes seemed to glow brighter, a sign of pride, perhaps?

As the judges unfold the paper to take a look, the little robot can't help but explain the scene depicted there. "This is Qian on a rare coffee break. She'd already been in the field for seven hours, so I brought her coffee. I usually make it too bitter or too weak," the little creature admitted, a little embarrassed, "but that day I made it just perfect! Doesn't she look happy with it?" If the mechanical being had lips, you could tell it would have been grinning.

Rare Coffee Break
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Silversky » 01/20/2010 6:07 PM

A pretty Reiz Kuhna stepped uncertaintly through the mayhem. It was really crowded today, and Asteri had never been one for large crowds. It looked like most people were rushing in their entries, like she was. Well, it wasn't her entry, really, it was Silver's, but the Reiz Kuhna didn't mind delivering it since Silver was busy.
Plus, it was for Veritas, so that was reason enough.

People and pets were also hanging around to see the results tonight. Asteri scampered hurridly past an Imperial pet, though she knew logically that they weren't any threat to her. She wished Veritas could be here too, but she didn't really mind.

Asteri had peeked at the drawing before taking it to the contest, and she had a feeling it would be a good entry. She wished that both she and Veritas could truely walk through the stars. Silver's drawing symbolized Veritas's quest for answers, and his love of the stars. Carefully unrolling the paper to glance at it again, Asteri realized that Silver had even drawn in the crystal from the fallen star that they had found together.

The Reiz Kuhna padded up to the desk, and with a small smile, she carefully placed the paper on the desk before the Concept Draculi. "Hello," she said shyly. "This is Veritas's entry." She slipped back into the crowds before the other pet could respond.

All my life, I wish I broke mirrors,
Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience
Staring right back at me.

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Rabid » 01/20/2010 7:35 PM

Lie sat in his owner's arms - spoiled as he and his decently-sized companions were - as she stood on her tippie-toes. Where was she supposed to go again? She'd been told, of course, but she had the memory of a gnat. She was startled out of her search by the cream colored feline jumping out of her arms. She gave an appreciative grin as he led her to... The podium. Of course! She almost smacked herself, but instead pulled a paper from her back pocket. She frowned at the sight of a small tear and some wrinkles. Too late to get another copy now. With a sigh, she handed it over with a quiet It'll have to do. Lie then leapt back into her arms to be carried wherever it was that his mistress wished to go.

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 01/20/2010 7:57 PM

A somewhat rushed looking purple Khimera rushed up to Hexle on the podium, "Whoops, I didn't realise the time" she said by way of explanation for it being so near the deadline for the presentation catagory, "I'm Theia by the way, Majimono's owner though I don't like to think of myself as owning any of the animals at my farm really" she nattered on, "Oh yes! Here is the picture" Theia handed over Maji's entry for the catagory. Behind her Maji sat with an exasperated look, but unlike her owner she didn't look like she had rushed in the least to get her entry in on time.

Majimono's Picture
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/26/2010 12:15 PM

Once it looked like all the entries that were going to come in came in, Hexle was sitting upright on his podium, skimming each picture, one by one.  It was as though he were looking at small glimpses into their souls, such pictures were.  He was really quite fascinated by them.  Maybe this pageant wouldn't be so bad, after all.  Before he knew it, another piece of paper found its way to him, this time not within the confines of a glued envelope.   Peering down at it, he smiled almost, clearing his throat for all the contestants' attention.  "In an honorary third place, once again, is Draiz and Runt."  Although they received nothing, they certainly weren't making this round easy for anyone.  "Our runner-up for the second category, is FireHeart along with Ath'yeri and Giada, and at first place is Krypto and Florance.  Congratulations to you all."  The next round would be to his liking, as he would finally rid himself of the heavy chain keeping him tied to his tall prison.  

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/26/2010 2:04 PM

Here it was already; the third round.  In all honesty, it seemed like forever to Hexle, who'd been attached to a podium that really belonged in a rubbish heap instead of on a stage.  "Welcome, Contestants, to the third round of the New Year's Evelon Pageant.  In the next round, I will act something out to judge your pet's reaction.  The time limit has arrived, and this round will end on the 4th of February at 9 pm EST, or when all ten contestants post.  Please roleplay as closely to your pet's personality as possible, for this is primarily what you will be judged on.  Good luck to you all." (You do not need to react to each others' posts, however if you really do want to, you may.)

The stage seemed to darken as the chain from Hexle's paw fell from the podium, clanking roughly against the wooden side of it when gravity could pull it no further.  Grinning, the Draculi jumped down from his perch, stretching out his limbs and enjoying the simple freedom he was given.  The place was shoddy at best, but that was alright, he supposed.  Curiously, he skimmed the entries while he debated on what to do.  

Thinking that Valentine's Day was drawing near, and though he detested the holiday itself, he thought maybe that type of theme would be appropriate.  His little Draculi wings became feathered and chibi, and to his dismay, a diaper was fit snugly about his bum.  A bow dangled from his neck and he held an arrow in his maw, grinning maniacally.   "Who's first?" he muttered around the arrow in a surprising display of holding the bow without imposable thumbs.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/26/2010 3:23 PM

Both Ath'yeri and Giada turned as they heard Hexle speak, and Ath'yeri had to stifle a giggle as she saw the Concept Draculi in the Cupid get-up.  She knew that there were worse things that they could have been given to react to, but she still had to wonder about this whole thing.

All I know is that Fire would never succeed in getting me into some sort of Cupid get-up, regardless of what it was for, she thought.  In fact, she wouldn't even get close enough to try.

She looked around to try and spot Giada, but the Fairy had left, transforming into her human form as she approached Hexle, her orange eyes determined as she approached him.  It was clear from the look in her eyes that she was determined and would not be scared off by this.  She began to speak, but then, Ath'yeri broke in and cut her off.

"My sister here would like to volunteer us to be first," she said, and Giada blushed.  She was just about ready to ask Hexle if the arrows would actually work, and then, ask if he could shoot the Sea-Guardian, Xadoc, for her.  However, it was clear that Ath'yeri had different plans right now.

"Y'see, my sister's madly in love with someone who spends all his life in the sea," she said.  "Considering all she's gone through, she's not sure that your arrows would work.  However, if they were to, then she would ask you to shoot this fellow for her," she said.

"I would not!" Giada replied hurriedly, and Ath'yeri shook her head as she turned back to Hexle.

"At any rate, I'm not the type for love," she said.  "I'm too free.  No one can break my spirit.  Giada, here, though--she longs for love and acceptance.  After realizing that your true father is the God of Death when you thought your parents were the God of Life, Goddess of Music, and a mortal... she doesn't know who to trust, but then she met this character..."

Her voice was just barely a whisper.  She knew this was rather rash of her, but she didn't really care...
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Silversky » 01/29/2010 5:33 PM

Veritas wasn't quite sure what to think of this latest development.
He'd heard of Valentine's Day, of course, though he'd never really taken part. He kind of felt bad for the Draculi. The Preitor Kuhna decided he'd never let himself look like that if he could help it.
Who's first? For what?
Then Veritas noticed the bow and arrow.
Uh oh.

As Valentine's Day approached, Asteri had decided to tell him about the holiday, for he'd never really been interested in it. She had seemed kind of uncomfortable, though Veritas couldn't really figure out why. Apparently if he got shot with that thing he'd fall in love with someone. But could that really happen? To the Preitor Kuhna, it just didn't make sense.
Veritas narrowed his eyes, studying his paws while he thought. He swiped his foot around in the dust, almost unconciously drawing a heart.

He'd never really been that interested in things like this. He knew about love, but he didn't really know what it truely was. He knew he couldn't, not until he experienced it. Love was something people talked about, wrote about, sung about, but could never really describe to others who don't know the true feeling. Veritas was worried that some part of his heart was blind, that he couldn't see what was so clear to most people.
Suddenly the Kuhna realized that the Draculi was waiting for him to speak. This was part of the test, so maybe they would be judged on who they loved? Silver hadn't really explained how this part of the pageant was going to work.

Veritas raised his head and padded forward a few paces so that he faces Hexle's podium. Blinking, he tried to think of what to say. Who was he in love with? He wasn't, that was the answer.
The Kuhna tried to think about love. He knew that someone you loved was someone you were attracted to, someone who you trusted and respected and wanted to be with forever. When he tried to think of what that meant, Veritas couldn't help reliving the night of the falling stars.

"Keep it," Asteri had told him, when he tried to give her the crystal from the meteorite they found. "As a reminder of your destiny. We'll be here forever in my mind, gazing at the stars. I don't need a reminder." Her eyes were all glittery, reflecting the night sky overhead as well as the crystal did. And then time had slowed, and the moment had stayed with them forever, echoing in their hearts because of Veritas's powers.
...maybe there was someone he trusted and respected. Maybe there was someone he wanted to be with forever. Maybe she was a Reiz Kuhna, who he met on a night that of falling stars.

But then, even as Veritas opened his mouth to reply to Hexle, something whispered in the back of his mind. If he truely liked Asteri, he should give her a choice. This wasn't right. Forcing love on someone with Cupid's bow and arrow wasn't what he wanted. If they were going to be together, he wanted it to be what they both chose. He didn't want to choose for her.
It wasn't right, and it wasn't fair to the one, he realized, that he loved.

"I'm sorry," said Veritas, finally addressing the Concept Draculi. "There's someone that I love, who I want to love me too. She's as brilliant as all of the stars in the night sky. But I won't choose this way. If she and I are ever together, it will be through our own descisions, not through only mine or yours."
The Preitor Kuhna turned and walked away, letting the others step forward for their turn. He didn't care if this meant that he lost the pageant, because it had opened his eyes to something he had never truely seen before.
He didn't acknowledge the crowd watching him, and he didn't realize that Asteri was there too, gazing after him and hoping that maybe, just maybe, what he had said was about her.

((Oh my gosh, that was long...sorry...))

All my life, I wish I broke mirrors,
Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience
Staring right back at me.

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 01/29/2010 7:31 PM

What? Time to do something again? Grendel was already angry at being tricked into joining this stupid pageant, and had been plotting at any time to leave and start wrecking havoc around in the Slums. Instead, now he had an event he was supposed to react to. Happy-happy, joy-joy.

The grim paragon picked himself off the ground, and glanced in the direction of Hexle, who had turned into a Cupid draculi. Judging by the attire, he guessed this had something to do with love. What use did he have for such a weak emotion? Not much, if at all. For all of his time in this world, he had never loved anyone, not even his mates.

"What sort of joke is this?" he snarled, bending his head down to look Hexle straight in the eye. "Do you honestly believe me so naive to engage in such a futile emotion? Love is weakness. I have much, much better things to do with my time. I'm certain you have better things to do with your time as well."

Now, what would he do if that stupid cherub came flitting around, trying to make him fall head over heels for a lovely female? As he picked his head up, he pondered the thought. Suddenly, he started chuckling. This turned into bellowing laughter, his jaws open and his tongue lolling around in his mouth. As he was doing this, he pulled back his right claws and prepared to swing at the draculi.

It was so natural to what his response was to Cupid: To swat that harbinger of love halfway across Evelon. He'd like to see it try to get close to him!
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby Rabid » 01/29/2010 10:42 PM

Lie was quite nervous being here with so many people, so many peering into his very soul with their hateful, burning eyes. Really, it was much more unsettling than if he were to be in the exact same situation without all the soul/gut spilling. This wasn't any fun so far for the poor antisocial kuhna. Of course, it didn't help that their host-type being had just transformed into something quite disturbing. Sure, they were minor adjustments, but their end effect was horrifying to young-minded kuhna. And only one thing flew through his head at the sight of the legendary bow:

Cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties cooties... Of course, this uproar of sound began to die down as sheer terror overwhelmed him. The look on Hexle's face was what did it, with the combination of the new get-up, of course. Although, this thought silencing allowed a tiny little burst of logic to bloom once the childish impulse faded: Wasn't what he wanted most love? Not that silly mushy-gushy love - well, maybe a bit of that wouldn't hurt. But what he really wanted was just simple acceptance, some friendship. Friendship is a sort of love. He assured himself. But something tells me that bow only goes for the big toys.

If it hadn't been for the fact that he hated being so alone, Lie probably would've bolted at that thought, if not sooner. But, as it was, he remained where he was, frozen in place, watching and thinking. Was he hyperventilating? Yes, he was; definitely not healthy. What was that thing he'd been told to do? Deep breathing, yes, that's what it was. He tried it, but the adrenaline forced into his system by his fight or flight reflex told him "No, you will not breathe like a normal kuhna. No, I don't care that this isn't healthy, you need that heart pumping and those lungs working if you're going to escape. Speaking of escape, get your furry butt moving!" Now, who was Lie to defy authority, especially one that governed him from within? With that final scream of adrenaline, he bolted straight for his mistress, leaping into her startled arms and clinging onto her clothing for dear life. Until, of course, she screeched in indignation and a bit of pain and ripped him off. Such is life; your only comfort is sometimes out of reach.

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/30/2010 1:17 PM

Garnet watched the stage, looking rather bored, when suddenly the Draculi turned into a Cupid. What's going on? she thought to herself. Not this stupid holiday... She had never liked Valentines day. She always said it was stupid and child-like...but was that the real reason? Maybe it was actually the fact that falling in love was, quite possibly, her biggest fear? Either way, as soon as she saw this, she considered making a run for it.

"Who's first?"

As soon as she heard this, the feeling of dread grew stronger. Why did she enter this ridiculous thing? She should have known. As much as she wanted to leave, she was too stubborn. She knew how others would tease her, leaving over a stupid little thing like this. She could imagine it now. "Haha, Garnet, I though you were tough. Can't even handle a silly little contest?" Fine, she would stay, she decided, incredibly reluctantly.

She moved towards the back of the room, hoping not to bee too noticeable. This wasn't likely, being such a huge creature with bright, oddly-colored fire on her tail. She glanced to the door for a moment and then turned her head back to the front. Why me? She sighed. Time to get this over with.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 02/04/2010 10:40 AM

Majimono stared at the rediculous looking Draculi with utter distaste, biting back a mocking comment (after all it wouldn't do to be rude to one of the panelists pets, even though she dearly wished she could be). So this is what those visions she had been having were about (she had wondered when she would ever come across a Concept Draculi dressed up as some odd baby angel cherub thing), well visions or not she wasn't about to go making a fool of herself over this silly Valentines day malarkey! She didn't even really believe in Valentines day, in fact life would probably only get complicated if a male Fenling turned up and started trying to woo her.

Thankfully it seemed most of the other contestants had pretty much the same view on this lovey dovey stuff as she did and, barring one particular Kuhna, so far her ears hadn't had to put up with too much mushy nonsense. Sneering with a cold gleam in her eyes Maji turned away from Hexle and the other competitors and gracefully pointing one back foot high up in the air began to lick and groom herself, studiously ignoring everyone else around her whom she clearly believed below herself and worthy only of her contempt.
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684