The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Oh look... A doomkitty. [P, Draco.]

Postby Draco » 06/14/2010 11:32 PM

Spade glared at the cat. If a glare could talk, his would be saying something along the lines of:

Stop calling me bugs, and shut the hell up. I despise you, but if we work together we don't have to be eaten. So just stay silent and duck when I tell you, I have a plan. It will get you and your sidekick out of here safely, and if it works right i will be safe too.

It was a fairly complicated glare.

"In case you are wondering, yes, i am planning to escape. and there really isn't a hell of a lot you can do about it. In fact, you might just die. And then I'll take back the money I already paid you. It's only fair, you failed the job. And I thought you were supposed to be the best! " Spade scolded, shaking his head.

"If you think you're getting away, you need to think again. " Venom growled, tensing up a little despite his words.

"Oh, but I already thought again. Not everyone here only  thinks once, old pal. Hell, sometimes I'll think a few thousand times a day! But, I digress, as I realize how dangerous thinking is to your mental health. Stick to killing and leave thinking to the professionals." The Sabbit continued, fully aware of how angry the hydrolisk was getting. This wasn't 'you annoy me' anger, this was 'I'm gonna cut your head off with a toothbrush' anger.

"And you best leave killing to the professionals." Venom snarked back.

"And where would this professional be? I just see a scared cat and a lizard that could only catch me by surprise. Come on, let's fight, mono-e-mono." He went on, smirking. Of course, he wouldn't stand a chance against Venom in a fair fight, but this would be anything but fair.

"I'll kill you! I'll skin you alive!" Venom laughed, flinging the rabbit across the roof, now forgetting about Stitches, whom he had let go. He charged at the Sabbit, who leaped up, jumping off his head, landing near Stitches. "Hope you have a plan," He said, "Because I was bluffing."
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/15/2010 4:18 AM

"As it happens I do. Let me put it this way. Those wires several feet above our heads, they aren't telephone wires." He looked rounds frantically. Several pieces of metal pipe, lay. He picked up the biggest one. This may be a one shot deal. Let's hope he didn't jinx this. He threw it like a javelin, it missed, surprisingly that was part of his plan, as it rebounded of the large satellite dish, knocking into the back of Venom's skull and up onto the wires. Stitches didn't want to find out what happened next, he jumped onto next roof and then jumped to the ground, not checking to see whether the sabbit was following him.

Doomsberry in the mean while had been examining the ancient circuits in the building, he'd found several things, one, he was thankful he had rubber, gloves on and he was standing on a stool with  a rubber grip on it. The second thing he noticed was the fact that the whole thing was a dander mine, and he was sure he could set it off without killing himself. Of course then he had noticed the old smoke alarm system, and the tank of petrol in the corner. Sprinklers. After several moments of messing about he'd created the biggest fire hazard since the Alexandrian Library.  Doomsberry stepped back, and picked up a stone, he threw it, causing it to ricochet into the old circuit board, causing a spark then a flame, if spread quickly. Then old sprinklers went off, but they weren't spraying water. They were spaying petrol.
Thankfully, Doomsberry was fast, and fairly smart. Only his tail was singed, and that was just from the pure heat several metres away, he didn't stop to admire his handy work, he'd also seen which direction Stitches had ran in.

Stitches many roofs away paused for breath, just in time to see the whole thing go up in flames. He couldn't have caused that? No way. Unless...
"Doomsberry!" Stitches yelled, amazed at the slightly singed kit beside him.
"Don't worry, that whole block was practically deserted, just some warehouses and stuff." He sighed, misinterpreting, Stitches yell.
"That's not what I meant. That was freaking awesome! For an apprentice, I mean..."
Doomsberry grinned, that counted as a complement.
"Just remind me never to get on your bad side..."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Draco » 06/15/2010 11:55 AM

((If they keep this up for much longer, they won't be able to work together at all. If you don't want to bring in an experiment, I will, because I have on in mind...))

Venom caught the metal  bar before it hit him and threw it at the Sabbit, striking the roof just in front of him. He leaped back by instinct, but was put off balance by Venom swiping the air inches from his face. He crashed against the entrance to the roof as the whole thing went up in flames. The hydrolisk leaped off the building, down to the streets below.

Spade, seeing no way past the fire, crashed through  the door he was leaning against. He leaped down the stairwell, rarely touching the stairs themselves as he ricocheted off the walls, the fire wasting no time in making its way down through the building. Spade went through no doors as he made it to the third floor, then the second. He made it to the first door. Locked. He had thought he was going to live. He took a running leap at the door and lashed out with his legs to no avail, deigning himself to searching for the key. It was hanging right by the door, and the rabbit swiftly unlocked it just as the fire made it to the bottom floor.

He got out just in time to have a sack put over his head and be tranquilized by injection. He was put in a inconspicuous black van, unceremoniously thrown in the back with another, much larger sack.

((Yea, my plan is to get everyone capture first.))
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/15/2010 12:13 PM

(Sorry. ^^' I have an obsession with stuff blowing up~ )

Stitches felt a little bad about the sabbit getting caught up in the fire. But the sabbit had trying to kill them. Perhaps this was just karma, you attempt murder only to get murdered. Doomsberry was busy jumping up and down manically, so none of them were particularity concentrating on what was going on around them, perhaps they should have done. Then they wouldn't have ended up in Hessian sacks at the bottom of a truck.

(Teeny weeny post. No, you take it where you like. The plot is all yours~)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Draco » 06/16/2010 1:23 PM

These villains were one of the few who knew their stuff, having given them injections that would last the entire drive and then some. After an unknown amount of time, they pulled up to a small house, perfectly normal. The basement, however, was anything but.

When Spade finally awoe, he found himself in a cell with the other three, a cell made out of stone that had the smallest of vents scattered around. Not even doomsberry could fit through them. It occurred to him that if Venom wanted to kill them now, they wouldn't stand a chance.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/18/2010 7:16 PM

Doomsberry whimpered, sitting up. Where was he? He let out a whine, both Venom and Spade were in the same pen as him; a defenceless kit. His bottom lip wobbled, though he ignored it. He was not going to cry. Not infront of them. His eyes darted round, looking for an exit, he drew a blank.
"I-I-If, your gonna kill me, don't drag it out. Also I do taste foul." He said looking about one hundred times braver than he felt. "And I'm not sorry for trying to kill you both." He said wincing slightly, hoping death wouldn't hurt quite as bad as he would imagine.

Stitched raised his head in a bemused way. Quickly he assessed the situation, then he swore quietly. He grabbed Doomsberry and placed him behind himself. He he was going to get ripped apart by two irate creatures, he wasn't going to look scared about it. Well he was going to try not to look scared at the very least.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 06/19/2010 8:42 PM

I may be vicious, but I'm not insane. If we're going to get out of here, we need all of us intact. I know theses guys, no fun at all. Probably going to send an experiment after us." Venom said, tring not to think of how hungry he was at the time.

((Short...))
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/26/2010 8:50 AM

Doomsberry smiled. "You wouldn't want to eat me anyway. I'm all fluff." As if to prove this he waved his fluffy tail about, not caring that he was probably going to die horribly by the hand of some mad scientist. Stitches didn't trust himself to speak, not directly to either of his would be murders anyway. He was sure something appalling would slip out. Something incredibly witty, but it would probably get him turned into a doom kebab, no matter what the hydrosilisk said. He didn't trust them, that was obvious, he knew they didn't trust him, that again was obvious.
Doomsberry giggled as Crimble sat on his head, flicking his forked tongue back and fourth. The little lizard looked at the sabbit then at the hydrosilisk, then back to Stitches and Doomsberry. He gulped and went back to hiding behind his owner.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 06/29/2010 7:06 AM

Spade's sensitive ears cringed at the metal around them started to groan. The roof slit four ways, as a central latch on the outside of the ceiling was released. It folded inwards, and four more locks came undone, causing the steel walls the fall outwards. This in itself wasn't that surprising, what was surprising was what it revealed.

A larger metal room. Ok, not surprising. It was almost as barren as the previous room, notwithstanding the humanoid on the far end.

It looked to be made of liquid metal, recognizable by the constantly shifting hands, going from human to clawed to something different entirely. It had nothing that could be perceived as eyes, and the complete lack of a facial expression was rather disturbing. It's form was male, and had well-defined muscles, despite the lack of a need.

Absence of facial expression aside, it did not seem particularly aggressive. So went it as for "name and proffered method of termination", Spade was a little shocked.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/01/2010 9:35 AM

Stitches glanced at the creature, his mouth open in pure astonishment. Doomsberry stood by him, as slack jawed as his mentor. Stitches wondered what the odds were if the humanoid... thing decide to attack. It obviously wasn't going to just sit their acting as a suitable hat stand for forever. Doomsberry was trying to control his violent hiccuping, Crimble the ttee just sat on Doomsberry's head trying to work out what on Evelon was going on, failing he slunk back into the kitten's fur.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 07/02/2010 5:55 PM

"My name is Spade, and I would prefer not to be terminated. You can terminate the big guy over there, he'd be MUCH more fun. He used to be an experiment too, you know." He was obviously not above selling out his temporary friends. Venom gave him a death glare as the metallic being cocked his head and turned attention to Venom. "Experiment XA-13. You should not have left. Failure to obey is punishable by termination." The metal-man said in his monotone. It lifted its arm, which extended. hardened, and sharpened in the blink of an eye. Venom ducked below the lance, which pierce the steeled just above his head. Retracting the arm, it spoke again. "I am Experiment XT-1. I am known as Ender."
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/19/2010 7:27 PM

Stitches prayed to anything. He'd never been one for religion, he preferred to call it fate. But now, he was trying to remember an obscure Hindu goddess. He'd already gone through the greek. He must be loosing his head, well he'd lost his head a long time back. So what was he loosing now? He hoped it was something important, perhaps death via having your soul drip out was better than being impaled. So far so good. Stitches had to admit he neither he nor Doomsberry had been noticed yet. Perhaps praying to Horus... Or Venus... Or someone had finally payed off.

(SO sorry. I've set up my own forum, been hugely busy and I feel so guilty DX)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous