The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2008 4:15 AM

"I dunno!" Clone replied to Xest's question moments after he had asked it. With the distance between them, as she led him around, she nearly had to shout to feel like the message was getting over all the other sounds and reaching his ears.

It was sort of a funny thing, wasn't it? She was perfectly aware of the Kuhna's personality, what it was like. She was aware of how he must have felt and his ways, and yet she so willingly was here with him. Had clung to him when she was afraid, and now was dragging him around like this. It must have been hard on him, being a male like he was, and stopping himself. It was sort of impressive, that he held enough self control not to hit on her. She appreciated it. This was also...a learning experience for him, in a way. Her personality was forcing his to hide itself. Forcing him to be aware that some really didn't prefer getting hit on. Perhaps the lesson could be used at a later time.

"I figured we could just go to the sidelines, here," The young woman explained, gesturing around them. It was less crowed, as most were dancing off in the center. Booths and chairs were scattered around them here and there. "unless you happened to a better idea. I'm all ears." Either way, here or somewhere else, it was all fine with her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2964
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/15/2008 6:19 PM

Xest could barely make out what Clone was saying. Even with his feline hearing, the pulse of the music was just too loud for anything else to be heard, especially when she was facing the other direction.
He shrugged, even though he knew she couldn't see him. "Ok." He replied.

This girl... how did she know him? That question had been bugging him the moment she had called out his name. Oh, well. You can't know everything, I guess. But still, it was an intriguing question.
Anyway, I dont think the girl is gonna talk anyway, she seems a bit edgy... probably cause she knows what I am like.

Xest shook his head. "Nah, staying here sounds like a good idea, I don't have any better ideas."

All the stories
And the loopholes
Guess you found my heart wasn't enough?
Throw another of your right hooks
Never thought you'd leave me in the dust
Now you're hungry for the control
Take the last of what I've got

Guess my heart wasn't enough

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 902
Donate
Status: Around, kinda! Feel free to reach out if there's any issues.

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/16/2008 5:14 PM

Then here was where they were going to stay. It'd be bit difficult to hold any conversation with the music surging like it was, but they would get used to shouting over it, surely. Clone was positive that Xest wanted to question her; it was only natural that he would, and she was left to attempt to figure out how she'd explain it. There were some worries about it, how he would take it, for example. Saying that they'd met before, well now, he wouldn't believe that. It could be said that they met in an alternate dimension, which was hard to believe too. So, what option?

The Meji gone human was still dragging Xest by the hand. When they crossed paths one of the active waitresses, she skillfully snatched a large strawberry accenting the edge of someone's drink when the worker wasn't looking. [She would have snatched the drink, had it not been alcoholic, but it was.]
Just after that, she let go of the Kuhna-man's hand and slid into one side of an open booth.  Resting her elbows on the tabletop, she had one hand against her cheek while feeding herself the strawberry with the other.
"If you're gonna start asking, it'd be best to do it now."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/18/2008 1:34 AM

Xest slid down into the booth next to Clone and signalled to one of the waitresses. Something alcoholic wouldn't be advisable at the moment, he needed his mind to be alert, but something tame would be alright. As the waitress came over, he turned to Clone and asked. "Do you want something? You can order anything, it's all on me."

Given the invitation to ask, he said. "So many questions... man, I have never had to ask one girl so many questions before, but, I'll start with, how do you know me? And please, answer truthfully."

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 1:51 AM

The Meji woman shuffled over to make room for Xest, and glanced up at the waitress. She wasn't one for alcohol at all, so she didn't appear to be that interested, even if the other had offered to pay. But, out of common courtesy, she thought something up, "Um...I'll have a...er...non-alcoholic...martini. Yes. What're those called...? Ah yes! A virgin martini, if you will." During the time of her ordering, she tapped on her chin and made some funny faces, trying to remember. Not very good at this bar lingo. Why the heck was it called virgin when there was no alcohol? Oh, she didn't want to know. Whatever.

"Well then..." A sheepish smile appeared on her face at his comment about asking girls questions. "I'll tell you the truth, but it's a little...weird. Not just a little either, actually..."  Her eyes drifted away to stare at the tabletop to gather her thoughts. "Would you believe me if I said you and I are sorta friends in another dimension?" Eyes went back to his face then, warily. "No one I ever meet there seems to remember anything about it, just me. I'm the only one who ever remembers anything. But I'm kinda happy, to have friends there, at least." In this world, friends were something that she lacked. Just as he had asked, and she had always intended, she was being perfectly honest.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/18/2008 2:00 AM

"Yeah, can you make that two?" He asked, winking at the waitress.
Turning back to Clone, he answered.
"Another... dimension? I guess that sounds believable... come to think of it, one of my friends, a Palowockee, he often talks about different dimensions..."
Xest blinked as some importance of her words dawned over him. "Another dimension? But how would I have gotten to it with out being aware... and surely, you would have some friends here as well as there right?"

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 2:14 AM

Clone shrugged. "It's all...really hard to explain...." Not even she knew quite how it worked. It was like, each being from this world had another being that existed only in the other dimensions, a copy of themselves who, on occasion, may have acted differently. Yes, yes, that was it. "For one thing, my existence in this world is very...fragile." More like she was a figment of someone's mind that took on a physical form, but same difference. "I suppose you could say it's not you exactly that I met, but a copy. Yes, a clone of yourself. I know of quite a few others that I've met there that I'm aware of being here too. Sometimes these...copies, or what have you, don't always act exactly the same, as it's like an entirely different world. Different events happen sometimes that certainly wouldn't happen here. So I know you, through knowing that other you, I suppose you could say."
And then she shook her head. "Nope. Too busy in this world to have any real friends. I just make them there. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet everyone here too, though, so I can really be friends with them and they'll know it."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/18/2008 6:30 PM

Xest thought it over for a second. "Yeah... I guess that sorta makes sense... I mean, I know different dimensions exist, I just didn't think that some of them could be accessed on a subconscious level..."
How many more people had he met on that dimension? Slyly, he wondered if he had met any hot chicks in that dimension, but he did not share that thought with Clone. Perhaps thats how he instinctively knew that she did not want to be hit on...
"Is there anyway someone could like, remember what happened there?" He asked, sipping his drink. "I mean, surely there would be a way... unless... are you like the opposite of us normal people who go there? Is the reason you remember is because you belong there?"

Xest was just randomly throwing in his thoughts and ideas, he suddenly realised he had said that wrong, but wanted to see if Clone took any offense.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 7:16 PM

Clone sighed, answering an unspoken question, "Yes, you've hit on some girls there. One of them recently, another Kuhna none the less, had threatened to chop of your...manhood....If you get what I mean..." Was that wrong for it to be a bit inwardly amusing to her? Ah well, either way, she was pretty positive what she told him, about the girls in general was something he wanted to know, rather he voiced it or not. What was scary...she was pretty sure that Neon would keep to her threats if she got pestered enough.

The next question she was asked caused a small frown to appear on her features. Yes indeed, she was a freak of nature. Before replying, though, he frown vanished and none of her expression was defining, other then that she knew this subjects was still a complicated one. "Only I have been able to remember, as far as I know." One of her ears twitched in thought. "In all reality, yes, I'm a freak. This world isn't my own. I'm actually...I don't know exactly myself. I'm...existence? I've come to say that I'm a figment projected from a certain person's mind, though she's completely unaware of it."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/18/2008 7:27 PM

Xest furrowed his brow and tried to recall such an incident. Nope, wasn't coming forth. "Cut off my manhood eh? Must have been some crazy Kuhna." He said.
Xest almost smiled when she mentioned that he had hit on some girls there, it kinda reinforced the idea of another dimension, if she had known he was one to hit on other girls.

The next thing Clone said kind of surprised Xest. "I didn't mean for it to come out that way, just throwing random ideas into the wind." He quickly said when he saw her frown.
"Your not a freak by any means, just different. But, why don't you try to find this person? I am sure they would be quite glad to meet you?"

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 7:37 PM

"Oh, she is. One of the few I sorta know here, too. Loves raves and all, but she thinks most males cramp her style when trying to dance with her." Clone mused, before shrugging off the next comment. "No, I am a freak." And she smiled about that? "By all means, I'm different. The term 'freak' or 'weird' doesn't really bother me. In fact, I prefer it, as I know it's being different from a lot of others. I like different."

As if to form an outlet for hyperactivity as they chattered and awaited their drinks, she tapped her fingers of one hand against the table. "I have met her!" The words came out excitedly. "But she just doesn't know I appeared from her mind. Oh well. I live with her from time to time, assist a lot of those that live her her too, but I'm always coming and going. Can't stay in one place very long, nope, nope. Too much of a risk, yes it is." She didn't want everyone finding out about her. She was only being so open with Xest right now because she knew him from that other dimension she spoke of.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/18/2008 7:58 PM

Xest nodded, trying to keep up with her fast paced chatter.
"Your drinks?" the waitress had returned. Xest nodded and took both drinks off and slid one to Clone.
"Here you are." he said, giving the woman a handful of keystones and winking at her. The woman, used to this sort of attention, ignored it and walked off.
Turning sheepishly back to Clone, he commented. "You must have a busy life, moving around an all. And being in that other place."

Clone was probably one of the first female friends he had that didn't come from his pen. Most other girls really dont want to know me, or, I only really know them for one night. He mused.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 8:48 PM

Receiving her drink, she kindly thanked Xest and the waitress both, before sniffing at it. As far as she could tell, her nose didn't detect any hint of alcohol, and so, she began sipping from the fruity drink. Only stopping when she would continue to speak, in which time, she also savored the taste.

"Yessums. So much to be done and so little time!"

At complete random, she pulled off her hat, flipping it over and peered intently inside. At the same time, both of her bunny ears perked up, like she was even listening for something. Nope, nothing changed. Ah well. "Looks like they didn't hatch." She mumbled to herself after a few moments. When were the rest of her eggies going to watch? She couldn't help but to wonder.

"Sometimes, I'm considered a guardian of others. I can't exactly die here, as far as I know. Damaged too much, and I just asplode, able to appear moments later perfectly unharmed. I suppose you could say that what keeps me so busy is wanting to help everyone else." Xest was being addressed at that time. "Particularly those who seem to need someone else around."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/18/2008 11:13 PM

Xest peered interestedly into the hat. "What are they?" he asked, not being able to see inside it.
Xest took another sip of his drink. Pretty good for something that was virgin... he reasoned, savoring its non-alcoholic fruity flavor, something he did not do often.

Xest raised an eyebrow. "Are you trying to imply something lady?" He asked, "But if you are a guardian, then what are you doing at a club, hanging out with some low-life like me? Don't you have a charge to take care of?"

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/18/2008 11:43 PM

"Eggies." The Meji woman responded simply enough. "I'm waiting for them to hatch." She certainly couldn't have kids of her own, nor did she want anyway, but 'babehs' from eggs worked out fine enough for her. Taking care of eggs till they hatched was just like helping some other living being, right?

Abruptly, she stuck her tongue out at Xest. "Of course not." Then she downed a large gulp of the martini, disregarding looking pretty while doing it. She didn't care if downing a drink was attractive or not, at least she didn't spill at all. "I didn't say that I was, I said it is what some tend to think of me."  She poked him in the side just then. "Did something I say offend you?" A slight tilt of her head came with question. And then she crossed her arms. "Is it so wrong to like hanging out with you, humm?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext