The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: .Like the UNholiest dream. [Private, I'm afraid]

Postby Rabid » 10/02/2009 7:08 PM

The kuhna turned to Zephyr in slight shock.

Well now, he said a bit hesitantly, I ain't in charge, ye'see. Try askin' the big man; he'll talk to ye fellers in just a minute. Go wait fer 'im outside the main tent. Best o' luck. He turned solemnly away, glancing back at the two before shaking his head an returning to work. That wasn't unsettling. Not in the least. Antares turned to the larger Yonyuu.

Shall we? He asked, gesturing towards the exit of the tent. He wanted to talk to this 'big man' ASAP; he was starving, and the scent of food didn't help in the least.

{16/16}

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/02/2009 7:27 PM

Finally, some progress. "Thanks." He replied solemnly as he turned away from the tent to nod his at Antares. "We shall." He said as he began to head toward the main tent. His mouth was still watering as the many different foods danced at his nose. He was in such a daze he practically ran over the little Bleeder in front of him.

"S-Sorry." He said softly as he stepped beside Antares and sat down, eyes scanning over the large tent. He licked his jaws and let his tail flicker in an attempt to keep himself entertained and his mind off food. "What do you suppose he'd make us do for food?" The Yonyuu wondered out loud, head turning to look down at Antares.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 63
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/02/2009 7:42 PM

Antares didn't mind that he'd nearly been crushed; he was used to it at this point. He simply shrugged at the other's apology before taking a seat. He opened his mouth to respond when the flap used as an opening flew open, fluttering in the breeze caused by whatever opened it. After jumping back in surprise, the bleeder was able to see what this strange being was. It was a chaos slynx wearing a top hat and cape, both mostly black and deep purple in color. He turned to the duo before him, seeming to peer into their souls. He allowed himself a cheshire grin, and Antares could've sworn he saw a malevolent smirk on his maw. He must've been seeing things, for after he blinked, he saw a charming, warm smile.

What can I do for you fine gentlemen? He said. He was obviously making a great effort to keep his voice down; he sounded a bit strained.

We... We need food, but don't have any money. Antares said meekly. We were thinking that... Maybe we could work for it? The ringmaster's - his all-too-obvious title - grin grew larger.

Why, I can help with that. Follow me. He turned and pranced regally through the crowd. Got anything your good at, fellas? Antares had to jog to keep up, despite the slynx's slow pace; he was hopping forwards, making it difficult for the bleeder. He was a tad winded, and didn't really know that he had any talents, thus, kept his mouth open only for the purpose of extra air.

{17/17}

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/02/2009 7:55 PM

As the flaps flew open, Zephyr's ears perked and his eyes stared at the figure who appeared. He studied the creature a moment before shaking his head as the Slynx spoke. He was about to answer his question when Antares did it for him. Nodding in agreement, he watched as the Ring master stood up and began moving through the crowd.

Zephyr didn't have a hard time keeping up, but he noticed the small Bleeder did. Zephyr quickly scooped him up in his maw, being as gentle as he could as to not hurt him with his sharp fangs and set him on his back. "Talents? I-I guess...Do the traits of Thought-speech and Animator count as a "Special Talent"?" His brows furrowed slightly in confusion as he dodged many creatures to follow the Slynx.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/02/2009 8:22 PM

Somehow, Antares managed to not let out a loud squeak. He thought he saw a menacing grin on the slynx's face, but he couldn't really see anything but sharp, deadly fangs.

Why, yes, that would count as a talent. What about you little guy?

Antares, The bleeder snappily corrected. And, I don't have any particular talents. He was hungry, but not hungry enough to give up his secret... No way, he'd never be that desperate. Not after what happened last time. He did his best to suppress a shudder, but only managed to weaken it to a small chill down his spine.

Well boys, I think we can do somethin' for you. The slynx ushered them into a small tent. I can set you up with some regular jobs. Free necessities, decent pay, and good company. We travel a bit, but it's not so bad. Especially since we have workers for that sort of thing. He gave a small chuckle as he rifled through a drawer. With a loud "aha!" he pulled out two papers and a couple of pens. So, wadd'ya say? He looked eagerly at them from behind the desk, sliding the contracts - of course, what other paper would a circus-member have? - and pens forward enticingly. Antares had hopped off of Zephyr's back upon entry of the tent, and now looked speculatively at the yonyuu. It sure sounded nice, he surely wouldn't have much work - it's a circus for pete's sake! -  and he was awfully hungry... What was there to lose? He stepped forward meekly, reaching warily for the pen. His hand froze near the pen as he looked to the temple pet accompanying him. Should he?

{18/18}

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/02/2009 8:37 PM

There was something that Zephyr didn't like about the Slynx, but pressed forward into the tent, looking around and lowering his body slightly so it wasn't such a high jump off his back. He stopped, taking a seat as the Ring master continued to speak. Join the Circus fully? He only wanted to do something to get food...But this sounded like a nice gig...

As the two documents and pens were set down, Zephyr stepped forward and glanced down at the sheet of paper, scanning the words. His stomach growled as he read and it helped him decide quicker. "A-Alright..." He finally said, glancing down at Antares who seemed to be ready to sign. The Yonyuu grabbed the pen in his jaws and signed his name as best he could. Spitting it out, he licked his maw and looked up. "There...Man I wish I had thumbs." He mumbled, trying to make a small joke.    
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/02/2009 9:30 PM

Antares quickly scribbled what he hoped looked like a signature; he'd never learned to read or write or anything. His owner hadn't really cared, and, to be honest, neither did he. He chuckled at Zephyr's comment about thumbs, and the ringmaster added his laughter to the mix.

Well then, The slynx said after his chuckling. Keep these with you, to identify you as staff, and have fun, free of charge! He handed then badges of some sort. They were colored like void pets on the ribbon, while they were chaos on the actual badge piece. Interesting. Antares took the badge with a polite "thank you" and headed out of the tent, doing his best to look dignified and not rush. He slowed down and clambered onto Zephyr's back; he knew the yonyuu could get there much faster if he were aboard.

To the concessions! He said, pointing dramatically in the general direction of the food-stuff scent. As if on cue, his stomach roared as soon as they set off.

{19/19}

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/02/2009 9:46 PM

Zephyr somehow managed to pin the ribbon like badge onto him and started outside. He suddenly felt something climbing onto his back. It was the Bleeder. He seemed to be getting more comfortable with Zephyr. As Antares spoke, Zephyr nodded and started in a quick trot. He swiveled and swerved around the creatures roaming the Circus grounds, it seemed to be very crowded tonight.

Finally he found what he was looking for, the concession stand. He absentmindedly started to wag his tail like a pup and grinned. They were back at the small food tent where the Kuhna had showed them the way. "Okay, we got these spiffy badges, now we'd really like some food." Said Zephyr in a eager tone, tongue lolling out of his mouth as he took a whiff of what was cooking.
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/02/2009 9:56 PM

Antares looked around them in wonder. There was so much excitement, he could feel it buzzing in the air. There was apparently no end to what one could do here. They reached the concession stand right when the bleeder managed to wedge the badge between a few scales. He grinned at the chef - not a pleasant sight, by the way - before hopping onto a spinning stool. The kuhna grinned at them, but Antares thought it seemed a little hollow. He was too hungry to care though, and watched carefully as he prepared a small buffet for the duo. He presented it with a proud flourish and another feline grin before hurrying to tend to the paying customers. Antares immediately began to dig in. It was absolutely delicious. He probably wouldn't be saying that any other time - it was loaded with grease and probably would've made someone less hungry gag - but right now, he didn't care.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/08/2009 11:04 PM

Zephyr watched as the Kuhna prepared their meal and then set it in front of them. He made himself comfortable in the spinning chair and gently lowered his head to begin eating. Antares seemed to rather enjoy his food. Zephyr thought it was much too greasy, but he was starving and it didn't really matter what he ate. He knew it was going to sit like a pound of led in his stomach. He took his time eating, and once finished, he nudged the plate forward and nodded. "Thanks..." the Yonyuu stated, licking excess food from around his maw.  

Zephyr hopped off the seat and shook himself off, heaving a heavy sigh. Turning his body halfway, he looked over at the chef and opened his mouth to speak. "So...When do you suppose we have to work?" This question was meant for both Antares and the chef. He was curious as to what they were going to be doing.
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/09/2009 2:21 PM

The kuhna said nothing in response, merely waving farewell as he finished serving the few customers still there; it was approximately closing time, and the visitors were being encouraged to leave. Antares gave a shrug and jumped not-so-gracefully onto the yonyuu's back. He let out a tiny yawn and looked around. He saw some pets who were obviously staff heading in one direction. Too lazy to talk, he tugged on Zephyr's neck fur and pointed towards the staff with one hand and stifled a yawn with the other. Wow, it had been a long day...

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/10/2009 12:41 AM

Zephyr felt a slight tug on his fur as the Bleeder motioned him to follow the staff. The Yonyuu did as said, and began to briskly walk in that direction. He heaved a sigh and let his head hang low. He was rather tired, his eyes getting heavy. As Zephyr entered the tent he took a good look around, taking in the different creatures that were staff members. He wasn't exactly sure what to do, so he just found a spot and took a seat, letting his tail curl around his paws. He strained his neck to look behind him, checking on the Bleeder that was still resting on his back.
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/10/2009 1:25 AM

This place obviously wasn't very secure. The staff simply allowed them to follow into the tent. Perhaps they'd been informed of their presence? Well, there should've been a check or something; for all they knew, this could be the wrong pair of temple yonyuu and dreamsnare bleeder. Very very unlikely, but you never knew. The others paid them no heed as they rubbed off make up in a tub on the far side of the room. They continued ignorance as they curled up or blew out lamps.

Antares slid off of Zephyr's back as the canine took a seat. He glanced around as the lights disappeared. Antares suppressed a frustrated sigh. He hoped he would get some rest; he really didn't want to deal with other pets' dreams tonight. Or ever, really. He noted two empty beds side-by-side. One was pretty much a comfortable-looking box on the ground, the other resembled a very small crib that didn't rock... Or, maybe it did? Odd questions aside, it appeared that, indeed, the other staff had been expecting them. The bleeder apprehensively made his way to the small bed and paused before it. He glanced around to make sure the beds didn't belong to anyone else. After a few quiet moments had passed, he determined it was free and crawled in. Nope, no rocking. With a contented sigh - through his nose, for the sake of keeping quiet - he snuggled closer into the cushiony bedding. This was going to be great. Well, at least the sleeping was.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 10/10/2009 2:14 AM

There was a heavy sigh that emitted from the Yonyuu's maw as he watched the others begin to get settled. Zephyr's eyes then glanced over at the two beds. They looked a little ratty, but comfortable enough not to complain. He watched as Antares made himself comfortable in one of the free beds. Zephyr had never slept in a room with multiple people. He felt deprived of privacy, but what else could he do? Sleep outside. Standing up slowly, the Yonyuu made his way over to the empty bed beside the bleeder.

Zephyr stepped onto the bed and twirled around like a dog would, and gently laid down. His tail was wrapped tightly around him and his wings almost covering his body like a blanket. He let out a yawn before tucking his face underneath his wing, so that he was curled up almost in a ball. This was comfortable, it felt good sleeping in a warm bed, even if the bed wasn't high quality. Once he closed his eyes, he was out. Pictures immediately began to fill his mind as a dream started to form - not a good one either.    
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 10/10/2009 11:06 AM

The bleeder went out like a light, despite his worries. Sure, he caught glimpses of a few dreams here and there - a crazed clown juggling bombs, a glorious, perfectly white penticorn galloping through a field (yuck), even what seemed to be a childhood memory - but aside from these glimpses, he slept in the peaceful darkness of dreamless sleep.

Lame post is lame. D:

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext