The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby Redd » 04/19/2008 12:48 AM

"Ah, I see and thats your guardian role at the moment, looking after a bunch of eggs." Xest replied.
After taking another sip of his drink, quickly to avoid spitting it all out when she poked him, he looked at her, "Nah, not at all, get called that so often, its just what I am now." He replied, flicking his black and red streaked hair out of his face. " Downing the whole drink in one go, he turned and said. "Nothing's wrong with that, I was just asking."

Xest laughed quietly to himself, this was a first. A female he wasn't hitting on, plus not minding to have a bit of idle chatter, and not thinking he was a low-life. But then again, she wasn't kuhna, nor did she want to be hit on.
Maybe that was the reason so many girls called him a womanizing idiot, he thought.

All the stories
And the loopholes
Guess you found my heart wasn't enough?
Throw another of your right hooks
Never thought you'd leave me in the dust
Now you're hungry for the control
Take the last of what I've got

Guess my heart wasn't enough

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 902
Donate
Status: Around, kinda! Feel free to reach out if there's any issues.

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/19/2008 1:30 AM

Her little bunny tail flicked in some form of annoyance, possibly at herself, though it wasn't specifically clear. There was a moment of silence still as she plopped the hat back down on her head, her ears flopping down with it. Even if she claimed to be storing eggs in there, it didn't look misshapen nor did any sound come from it with her careless dropping of it into place.

What she did next was just as odd as most of the other things she did; she patted the man on the head, faking a frown. "Poor, poor Xestie-boy. People just aren't very nice, are they?" A good portion of society, it had fallen down the tubes, despite Clone often trying to look on the brighter sides of things.

"Humms. I guess it's an oddity for you being here, eh? Talking, with a girl, not hitting on her, her not interested in that." Maybe this could be a good experience for him. Curbing his flirting with women, if only just a little. "You really ought to be careful with what you do. It'd be sad for any possible good reputation to fall apart." 'And you're already dancing on that edge.' She added mentally. But she did see some sort of good in him, after all, else she wouldn't even be here right now.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2964
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/20/2008 6:28 PM

Xest looked at her top hat curiously. That thing had fallen to the floor... how could there be eggs in it? Probably some of that weird 'other dimension' business.

Xest crossed his arms in mock annoyance. Then he shrugged. "Eh, whatcha gonna do?" He asked, sticking his tongue out at her.

The Ancient Kuhna tilted his head, in mock thought. "Hmm... I guess it would be... but some girls I do hit on... they normally hit me... buut thats their problem for not wanting me." He joked, grinning roguishly. He scoffed. "Good reputation? In a place like this, you don't need a good rep, you just need style."

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2008 7:19 PM

Clone rolled her eyes a Xest for his comments before turning back to her drink, which was just about gone by this time. She tipped back her head with the glass at her lips to drink down every last drop before setting it back down carelessly, it 'clacking' as it came to sit on the table. It really was a very good drink, in her own opinion. Never could get her to consume a thing with alcohol, but juice, soda, water, coffee, everything else was good.

She had a little mischievous idea. Not a harmful one, but one that would bring entertainment to her. Yes, yes, it would. She smiled to herself before scooting a good deal closer to Xest, placing a hand on his shoulder. Wait? Just what was she doing? With any luck at all, the Kuhna would at least be a little confused. Confused enough for her to do this: push him off the bench. With her hand already on his shoulder, all she had to do was apply the force.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/20/2008 7:40 PM

Xest had picked up his drink and was just about to finish it off, when he felt Clones' hand on his shoulder. Raising his eyebrows, he turned his head to Clone, and realised she was a lot closer too.
"Uh... what are you doing?" He asked her, smiling awkwardly.
What was that crazy Meji doing? She knew what he was like, and with a girl so close to him, it was kinda hard for him to not react in any other way.
Xest, sort of getting confused, scooted a little back.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2008 9:16 PM

There you have it, Xest was reacting differently to a girl getting close to him. He was scooting away from Clone, not getting closer in return or making any move, which almost made her smirk. Almost. She stopped herself from doing so quite yet, just letting her mind find joy in this game of her's. She had already succeeded in knowing one thing, true Xest was pretty much a womanizer, but he had some sense in that head of his. He was aware that she was against all that flirtatious crud and reacted now in a confused manner when he probably would have otherwise been all for a woman purposefully getting close to him.

She blinked a time innocently in response to his question, but said not a word, she just scooted closer, counteracting his moving away.
Ah, very good. He was closer to the edge now, it would be a piece of cake to make him fall to the floor. And, just with acknowledging that, she smirked suddenly and pushed him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/20/2008 10:06 PM

Xest backed off a bit more... what was Clone doing?
"Uh... Clone... what are you-"
It was suddenly apparent what she was doing, when he fell off the bench and landed on his butt, on the floor, still managing to hold on to the martini glass, but spilling the rest of its contents on his black jacket. Oh well, at least its black and semiwater proof. "Ow... what was that for?" He demanded good-naturedly, standing up, ignoring stares.
He set down the glass, just in case next time, he breaks it.
He took off his jacket and placed it on the bench and sat down again, making sure he was a safe distance away from Clone.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/20/2008 10:49 PM

The Meji woman chuckled as Xest fell down on his butt, though she felt a little bit bad that the martini had spilled on his clothes. Hey, at least he was in a jacket, and it was his own dang fault for holding it when she had decided to push him off? Yea, yea, she'd go with that, even if he hadn't been at all aware of what she was going to do. Normally, she probably wouldn't have been so openly mischievous, but why not? Casual conversations had only so many topics and, while in this form, happy clinging and all that was definitely not something to be doing.
"Um, I felt like pushing you off?" Clone replied innocently with a shrug, and she shuffled back over into her previous place to make room for him to have sat down in. "It was fun to see your reaction! And didn't ja know? I just got some proof against your 'womanizing idiot' title." She shook a finger at him as she spoke, acting as if it was a very important fact.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/02/2008 11:43 PM

Xest raised his eyebrows. "Bet you found that amusing?" He asked. Unable to keep a straight face, he broke into a casual grin. "You better watch your back girl." He was joking with her, but as always, he would find a way to get her back.
As Clone waggled her finger at Xest, he put on an evil smile and looked back at her.
"Proof eh? Nah, I was just trying to protect both of us. You from me for obvious reasons." He chuckled good naturedly. "And me from you. Didntcha know your pretty.... scary."
Xest smiled and stuck his tongue out at her.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/06/2008 12:28 AM

"Yes, yes I did!" How would Clone be able to deny that she was amused, huh? It wasn't possible! So, yep, she didn't deny it. Simple as that. She grinned. "Oh, I should, should I? I dunno. I don't think I have any reason to fear you. My back seems pretty safe to me." What would he do, huh? If anything, it wouldn't be so bad. He was too nice for that.
As if to keep on going with her oddities, Clone stood from her spot on the bench and moved to sit in the center of the table, her legs crossed and hands on her ankles, staring back at Xest from her new seat. It made her feel tall, having to look down to be at eye level.
"Yes, proof. Since you were trying to protect me from you, that proves your not quite so bad." She shrugged, her grin growing wider. She poked him in the chest. "Yes, I'm oh so frightening. Grrr." A single chuckled escaped her then. "Nah, you're still a girl lover. I doubt you could really push any girl away if they were showing actual interesting in you, not just me messin' wit ya."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/08/2008 3:22 AM

Clone was and odd one that was for sure, and in some respects hanging with her was more fun than flirting with the ladies. Maybe I should try this whole 'friend' thing some time...
Xest chuckled when Clone started rambling on about her back being safe. She was very amusing once you got to know her.
Xest shuffled backwards, in mock fear. "Argh." He said sarcastically. "I'm real scared now."
He laughed again.
"Soo.. How do you do that whole flashy lights thing? That was awesome." Xest asked. "I mean, I am an Ancient, I have powers, but I haven't seen stuff like that."

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/21/2008 10:31 PM

Yes, friends. Friends were good. She needed friends. It was almost like her oxygen. Heck, it might as well have been. Being truly alone was no fun at all, it was sad. She didn't particularly like sad.
"Yes, yes, you better be!" In all truth, she probably was a tad bit dangerous. Even more then a tad bit, when she so chose. But, apparently, she wasn't that violent. At least, not now. Should something actually provoke her, maybe. And then it would have been bad. Yet, she wasn't exactly violent with her friends, unless it was the teasing sort, so Xest was safe. Rather or not he considered himself to be her friend, she basically saw him as one of her friends. She deemed him as such even before they'd met in this world, despite the personality he often showed there...

"I'm a magician." Clone was still speaking pleasantly, but with the facts. "I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve." And, just saying that, she pulled out a dark green wand from the sleeve of her trench coat, twirling it around between her fingers. "You see? It's all about harnessing the power you're born with. Everyone has a gift, in some form or another." She paused and shrugged along with her next comment. "Don't forget that I'm not really a part of this world, either. What I do doesn't always have to make sense."

"Maybe I'm like a cheat code to this world, or something..." She couldn't help but say that to herself, eyes glancing downward when she did. Still, she didn't even fully understand herself. Being like nothing else, it was a difficult existence.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/07/2008 3:45 AM

Xest had forgotten about that whole 'other dimension' deal. By his standards though, she was pretty normal. Man, some of his friends were pretty weird. One chick he liked to hang out with claimed to be an angel and could manipulate people's feelings by playing different melodies on her violin, another was on crack all the time. That guy was weird... he never suffered the negative effects of the drug, but always acted 'different' on it.
Clone was different in her own respect. Although he just met her, he felt he knew her, thus, making her a friend.
"Your not that different to some people I know. Compared to them, your story seems sane." He said, flicking his flaming tail a little.
Xest closed his hand, when he opened it, a small red flame burned there, not burning his skin.
Smiling slightly, when a waitress walked past, he slipped it into a drink. In his head, he counted down the seconds until he heard a startled shriek. As heads whipped around to look at the lady, he willed the fire to vanish.
Turning back to Clone, he said, "Sorry, couldn't resist that, now, where were we?"

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/20/2008 4:33 AM

Maybe it wad unexpected, but Clone started to snicker at the waitress' reaction. Were some girls really that wimpy? Wow. She had her hand placed lightly over her mouth as she laughed a little, just a strange habit that she picked up at random from acting out random reactions to things. She seemed to have a lot of those, little habits.
"Fire is interesting." The comment was truthful, which she spoke when she got a few funny looks. "Heh heh~ At this rate, you and I could bring down the house! It's so easy to get their attention!" She started rocking back and forth in her spot, getting a little excited.
Honestly, it had been so easy for them to get attention in this place. Was everyone else really just that boring? Maybe they should liven things up again!

"I really don't know how you claim my story to be sane though." Her brow furrowed a tad. "I sound like a psycho who believes things that, I dunno, something their imaginary friend who is somehow magically real would tell them! Heck, I may even be something like that imaginary friend!" That was another way to look at it. She did come from the mind of someone else, in all those respects. "Arrrg." And, with that, she suddenly let herself fell backwards, so she was laying across the table top now on her back in a very 'blah, don't bother me' pose. How easily her moods would change...

"It's too bad the music they are playing right now is lame..."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/20/2008 4:56 AM

Xest flicked his tail. Clone was a funny one. First rocking back and forth in her chair like a phsyco and plotting to burn down houses, now sprawling all over the table top.
Xest leaned over and prodded Clone's stomach. "Hey, stop whinging about stuff like that. I mean, sure its not normal, but to me, its not different either."

He pretty much agreed with Clone on the fact that one, over at the bar, it was pretty quiet. Most people were still dancing, and two, that the music was lame.
"So, watcha gonna do about it then?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext