The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/21/2008 1:11 AM

"Eeek!" She exclaimed when he got at her stomach, jumping a little, some other compulsive habit. She tried to swat his hand away. "Lemme alone! Can't joo see that I want to be dead in peace!" But, as she was saying this, she actually sat up again to say it closer to his face, as if proving a point by doing so. Yet, that failed. So much for pretending to be dead and lazy.

A brief moment of silence and then a, "What am I gonna do about it...?" She tapped her chin with a finger, as if she was in deep thought. "This is what I'm gonna do about it!" And she through one of her arms up, the one whose hand held onto the magician wand she cared. At the same time, the current music died off abruptly and the song 'Pon de Replay' began to play. A wide, almost devious smile, came to her face.

"Come Mr. DJ song pon de replay
Come Mr. DJ won't you turn the music up
All the gyal pon the dancefloor wantin some more what

Come Mr. DJ song pon de replay
All the gyal pon the dancefloor wantin some more what

It goes one by one even two by two
Everybody on the floor let me show you how we do
Lets go dip it low then you bring it up slow
Wind it up one time wind it back once more

Run, Run, Run, Run
Everybody move run
Lemme see you move and
Rock it til the grooves done
Shake it til the moon becomes the sun, sun"

And, all the while, she jumped up so she was standing on the table, jumped down, and grabbed Xest's hand to drag him, half running, to the DJ where she snagged two cordless microphones. Promptly, she stuck one into his hand. "You're gonna sing with me, okay?" The way she spoke, he didn't seem to have much choice in the matter. "Don't worry about not knowing the words, just read them. Kay?" And he had a little time to prepare himself, while she called out on the microphone to get everyone's attention, one of the spotlights coming down around them. 'Pon de Replay' shut off when she spoke out, so they were obviously gonna be singing a different song.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2964
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/22/2008 2:55 AM

Xest was completely caught off guard by the Meji's sudden movements. Normally he would have turned down the offer of singing. Not even a pretty girl could make him sing, not even a girl who was into him, could make him sing. And that was saying something.
It wasn't that he couldn't sing, but that he didn't like to sing.
He also didn't like crowds.
This was a club too, like come on, I really can only do softer songs. He thought to himself. But there he was, mircophone in hand.
Do something.... to pull their attention away from you.... Xest thought, a small red ethereal flame materialising on the palm of his other hand. Nah... I might have.... fun?
With that thought, the small flame went out.

"Alright then Meji. What are we gonna do?

All the stories
And the loopholes
Guess you found my heart wasn't enough?
Throw another of your right hooks
Never thought you'd leave me in the dust
Now you're hungry for the control
Take the last of what I've got

Guess my heart wasn't enough

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 902
Donate
Status: Around, kinda! Feel free to reach out if there's any issues.

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/22/2008 3:44 AM

It was only natural that Clone made a face at Xest when he said 'Meji', it was just like calling her being the title of 'woman', but this was no time to get fussy over that. The most of the crowd had given them their attention. They dancers even had to stop dancing, once the music had shut down. Aside from that, two people marching up and demanding attention was deemed rather interesting. People were curious as to what was going on.
Good thing he decided not to make a distraction with his fire too. It probably would have gotten her upset with him, ruining any fun they could have had.

"Just read the words you sing. Make up moves. Go with it. Your lines are first." She instructed quietly to him, before turning her attention back to everyone else. But what did that mean? Read the words? And where was he supposed to read them from? All in time, all in time.
She clapped her hands together as one final warning to quiet down and, simultaneously, a burst of green lights began to spiral around the two, the music coming into play. She began to sway to the beat in her place, bobbing her head and all. When the words came up, some of the lights formed into them and changed with what needed to be said.

'Hey girl what's your name
L-u-v I see your game
It's okay I do it too
Make me want to play with you

Here boy sign the line
Fools like you don't waste my time
I ain't game to play with you
Are you gonna follow through?

Step inside we'll take a ride
Bonnie Clyde you and I
We can do this do or die
Why don't we just take a drive

See I'm gangsta I'm gangsta
We'll play the damn prankster
Using up this bar we play
Then we make our getaway'

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/22/2008 4:08 AM

Xest waited as the intro began to play. His tails flicked a little, his face was impassive. He knew how to act, how to dance, how to be the music. As the intro progressed, he became slightly panicked. He was no singer! What was he doing here!
But quickly, he reigned in that fear. His lines were coming up.
He spun to Clone, and began walk towards her singing the words that flashed in front of him, moving his hands slightly to emphasise the words.

"'Hey girl what's your name
L-u-v I see your game
It's okay I do it too
Make me want to play with you"

He stopped a little way off from Clone. It was Clone's turn to sing.

His line again. This time he just sung the words, still gesturing with his hands

"'Step inside we'll take a ride
Bonnie Clyde you and I
We can do this do or die
Why don't we just take a drive "

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/22/2008 4:40 AM

Xest wasn't the only one playing off what the other person did, she had to just go with it as it came as well. Clone didn't know how he was going to act, so it was all improvising on her part too. Likewise to him, she moved around, making steps to act with, and counter act his own. Never did she really stop moving, always swaying around, moving her hands, she almost had a fluid bounce to her. Not so bad at looking cute, when she wanted to be. And not the fuzzy bunny cute. But 'hot' was going too far with her attempts because, well, she didn't want guys to actually like her like that, so... Confusing, yes she was. Strived to looked good at a time like this, all eyes on you type deal, but never wanted any more attention then that.

With the next verses, she did something a little different, to keep it interesting for their spectators. If they were gonna be singing this sort of song, hey. She mentally shrugged. It wasn't a big deal anyway. She wasn't a bad flirt, and this was nothing compared to what some of the others she knew would do. And, after his lines...

'Electropop hot,
An addiction when I cant stop
'

She stepped closer, to him, very much so, and leaned in so she was practically singing the first of her line in his face, then leaning back out with the second line, winking, and spinning away from him.

'I may be your sweet spot
Take me to your candy shop'

Which was then followed by his line...

'Electropop hotter
Friction when its getting hot
'

Then it was her turn again. She really went nowhere, despite what he may have chose to do.

'I'm feeling like its getting hot
Come on baby what you got'

And so, she turned the opposite direction of Xest, but leaned back into him, her head pretty much against his shoulder as she sung out the words. Still, since he was her partner now, she sang to him, so she looked at him slightly. Good thing she left her hat out of this? It would have just gotten in the way and smacked him in the face.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/27/2008 6:52 PM

Xest turned to Clone. He, like her was always moving, his body, his tails. But he didn't have much time to stop and think about what was happening, he was too busy trying to keep up with the song. If he was just purely dancing to it, then he might have realised how close Clone was to him, and possibly it might have messed with him, but for the moment, he didn't notice how close he got to her, or vica-versa .

Electropop hot,

The first line he sung, basically doing nothing, the second one however, he leant over and sung it basically in her face, before pulling away.

Then Clone sung her line.

Back to him...

Electropop hotter

For these lines, he pretended to reach out and touch her shoulder, then, spun around, back-to-back with Clone.
Even now, being back-to-back, with her basically against his shoulder, he hadn't noticed. Not like he did want to. If anything, feeling awkward around a woman was the least favorable thing he ever wanted to feel.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/13/2008 10:48 PM

'Electropop hot
'

That could only be Xest's following lines, in which case, Clone still didn't particularly move. Since it was he who was singing, he would do whatever he wanted to keep things interesting. All eyes were on them, those previously dancing having had crowded around, but leaving plenty enough space for them to move about as they pleased. They had a stage, the people encircling them being the boundaries of it, on which, they could do what they wanted. Getting attention hadn't been the plan for the evening, but it worked out well enough. And it sure as hell made this experience more entertaining. It wasn't dull, when they were under these circumstances.

'I may be your sweet spot
Take me to your candy shop'

She repeated the lines again, as she knew to. It was her turn to slip around Xest, which she did, spinning around from back to back, so now they were face to face. There was a boundary without contact, but nothing more seven inches, which, for the whole body space, wasn't much at all. Especially with how she actually placed a hand on his shoulder, while he came to his line, falsely acting very interested in what his lines would be. Like an actual story, the girl waiting to hear some vital words from the guy that would be the answer to...well, everything.

'Electropop hotter
'

Her time, once again.

'I'm feeling like its getting hot

In which she proceeded to drag her hand down partially not his chest, not too far, since she was still careful with what she was doing, while she sang the first line. It was dangerous, getting caught up in all that was fake. Then, she pushed herself back away, spinning a few times as rapidly as her feet would carry her a few feet away. She stopped, while gesturing at him and giving her second line.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 09/27/2008 8:36 PM

Now, the nature of the lyrics, the dance and practically the whole situation dawned on Xest. But right now, he didn't care. His twisted mind told him, that it was just an oppertunity to get closer to Clone. She wouldn't notice, it told him. She would only think it was part of the dance.
Xest considered the notion for a second. A second to long, for his mind pounced on him, exploiting that weakness he had for women.
It was his lines again.

Damn girl we're moving fast
Its a movie who's the cast
I can be your leading role
Wont you let me take control

For the first line, he spun around her again, his two tails brushing her sides and leaving a trail of red fire which slowly faded into oblivion, and neatly coming to a halt in front of her.
For the next two lines, he glided away from her until he was a couple of metres away, then summoned fire which started to dance around him, to the music's tempo, and to his quickpaced movements.
For the last line, he moved back over to her, and gently, so she could easily do what she wanted to do next, he put his hands around her waist.

Her lines were next.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Another night of clubbing <private>

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/24/2008 3:34 AM

Ah, flames. Clone willingly let the red fire burn around her, twirling around on her own behalf once he'd stepped away. At this point, the crowd of people watching them were in astonished awe. It didn't seem that she particularly minded his hands being around her waist, for she never stopped swaying to the beat. Mind, this was all an act. Of course she wouldn't mind, while they were just doing this for crowd entertainment.

'Like Juliet, I'm femme fatal
Take your pick, I'll play them all
Each one can satisfy,
Depending on the type of guy'

As if to follow his lead, she further employed her own magical abilities. She brought her hand to her chest when she spoke her first line, the lime green light that that she produced spiraling up her arm to her hand and then vanishing, as if it flowed directly into her heart. Second line, she moved her hands up around his neck, leaning in close to his ear, singing her third line as if it was to him, and him alone. For the fourth line, she leaned back away from him, though still with her arms around her neck.
Now here was where things could get interesting. It wouldn't take much effort for him to lead in some flashy move, if he so chose.

And his lines that would follow, well, they seemed somewhat appropriate:
'I'm just a nervous type
Put me in your spotlight
I can talk this all night long
Only if we take it home'

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/24/2008 3:47 AM

His lines as they went were:
'I'm just a nervous type
Put me in your spotlight
I can talk this all night long
Only if we take it home'

He moved away, breaking the contact for the first line. It seemed appropriate. He had put on an innocent, youthful face as the first line passed. For the second line, he played on the word 'spotlight', summoning wispy, transparent light over him, lighting him up on the dark stage. Third line came and he banished the light dramatically, moving over to Clone, stopping a small distance away, then for the fourth line he smiled ever so slightly and held out his hand.

Now Xest was a master of impromptu dances, yes. But now he was worrying about whether this was alright. Surely Clone hung out with a whole group of dancers. Something told him that. He just was worried that he wasn't looking like a total dunce compared to her friends.
He was normally a background dancer, not out here in the middle of the spotlight... and singing. That was new. He didn't normally sing out on stage.
He flicked a hopeful glance at Clone, hoping to the dear heavens that he wasn't looking like a complete loser.
He almost thought that funny... one girl for the first time made him doubt himself, even though in his mind she was firmly an 'untouchable', where ever that term had come from.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/24/2008 4:35 AM

Xest broke free from her grasp, and she frowned and let her bunny ears droop down, as if disappointed that he'd done so. She had to suppress a giggle when he created a spotlight for himself. Not laughing at him, no, but just truly amused and having a good bit of fun. This was all improvising and it still turned out well. Honestly, she didn't think he was bad at this what so ever. He held his ground very well.
The Meji-woman did notice his glance, to which she ended up offering a brief smile and a nod of assurance. Wow. So he was actually looking for her approval, was he? What happened to that oh so confidant guy she knew? Looks like she was able to rattle his cage a bit, which pleased her.

'Oh man, that's not what I'm about
Men like that, I'm backing out
That is how I strategize
So hold your breath and listen right'

She eyed his hand, as if truly debating over taking it or not, like it meant the difference between life and death, but she didn't know which action would lead to which. She reached out for him, only to hesitant dramatically, and began to shake her head. Her first line was sung here. Then her hand pulled back again, taking a small step back and leaning away with the second. Her expression held a look as if she was about to run away. This broke quickly, however, as a mischievous smile appeared. Time for lines three and four. She practically threw herself forward, hand outstretched, taking his hand with one of hers. She drew close again, as most of her lines tended to call for, this time with his arm wrapped around her, her back to him. An explosion of green light happened around them when she landed in this position.
Within this entire dance, she was incorporating small bits of formal, ballroom style dancing.

The next part of the song would proceed with only a few lines between them, which could leave them to do a great many of things, or something major.

'Electropop hot

I may be your sweet spot
Take me to your candy shop

Electropop hotter

I'm feeling like its getting hot
Come on baby what you got

Electropop hot
An addiction, it's hot

I may be your sweet spot
Take me to your candy shop

Electropop
Friction's gettin' hot

I'm feeling like its getting hot

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/25/2008 4:43 AM

Xest smiled slightly, a lot more secure and confident now. So much, a stray thought crossed his mind, asking why he had felt that way.
He ignored it, his mind solely focused on pulling this dance off right, as he had spotted one or two familiar faces in the crowd. People he knew he couldn't trust to keep their mouths quiet if he mucked this one up.
Through out Clone's 'turn of the stage', he acted along with her, solemnly gazing at her, with hand outstretched, then silently happy, when she had taken it.

Oh dear. It was his turn again to take the initiative. He took a deep breath, and did his lines.

Electropop hot
An addiction when I cant stop.

He sung these words, almost softly and sweetly to her. Then, taking her ballroom-styled idea, spun out away from her, her hand still in his, his other hand higher in the air.
Just before her lines came, he pulled her in again.
He guessed these last few lines would incorporate something quite major. But it was her turn now.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/10/2009 10:11 PM

A smile spread across the woman's features as she allowed Xest to lead her about. It seemed that she was trained in her ability to follow when it came to dancing, a skill that some people could never perfect. She just had the experience under her belt. Oh, goodness, goodness!
As she was pulled in, she was mentally psyching herself up. It was her lines, here and now, the ending. The finally. She hadn't planned anything ahead of time for this, so it was all just her winging it.

She began to sing, these lines coming softer and slower than her typical lines,

'Don't want to spend this night alone
'Cause your just what I need
I'll lock your digits on my phone
For as much as I tease'

As she started, her free hand rose to her chest, as if she was letting out some more emotional secret. By the last line, she pulled her hand away from that which Xest held it with. She pulled out the very last word, taking a few steps back.

More lines came, and when spoken all the swirling lights she had created came to a stand-still. She was dancing on her own, in a very typical seductive club style, the slower one that women tended to use to catch all the male's attention in the room. Even the innocent one held knowledge in the subject...

'I know this affection may be temporary
for night-like behavior, it is necessary'

It was then that she made a quick gesture toward her partner with her hand, the beat of the song suddenly picking up. It was her saying of just go with the flow, and she was coming...

In one sweeping movement, she rushed forward toward him, into his arms. The lights flowed alongside her. "Lift me up. Waist." she rushed the words out quietly to him, and him alone. She spun, so her back was against him. Once she was up, she leaned back, over his shoulder. For a moment, her body was a perfect arch over him.

Then she slipped free behind him, landing on her hands, as one would if doing a hand stand. She flipped so she was on her feet, spinning around him again more rapidly then she had before, the neon green lights creating a tornado around them. He could do as he pleased in the middle of this. And here, she did what she intended, which was to show him she could do a lot in these dances. Any pose he wanted to move her to, she would work it out.
"Two more lines for me, end this." She made a plan just then, with her last lines. After he added to their ending, she intended to be quite close, everything calm as she said them. She was sure it would give the feel of two more intimate people, which was the illusion that they were playing with. All about the stage, the performance, making people believe what they were seeing.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/11/2009 6:44 AM

(We liiive! XD;; Sorry of the vagueness I muse was playing up a bit and I wanted to finish it before I left?~)

The end! Finally he could step out of this spotlight, not that it had not been fun of course. It had been extremely fun and of course dancing in front of people kinda blew up his already large ego a tad. But he had seen people that he occasionally spoke with. Not friends as such, mates in a sense. All here for the same thing; Dancing and chicks. But they would recognise him, yes and awkward questions would follow.  Questions like; "Who was that chick?", "Is she any good?", "Where does she hang out/ Where can we find her?". Personally Xest didn't like them too much; he was a bit protective of his information, especially if the girl actually didn't hate him for once. But it would only be awkward because of Clone. How could he answer those questions? "No and stay away from her?" That wasn't the best thing to say... He flicked the thought out of his head. He would deal with those losers later.

While Clone was singing and dancing the first few lines, all lights on her Xest hung in the background, not actually doing much. What else could he do?
Next lines... He was pretty good with his reflexes and interpreting his partners wants on the spot, but Clone almost caught him off guard... Almost. He reached his hands out, wrapped them around her waist and lifted her up so she could do what she wanted.
He had to quickly improvise something whilst she was moving around him, and this time nothing came too easy. He plastered his own grin on his face, somewhat like a man who has strived for something hard, and in the end got it. That's what the song was like from the man's side, right?

In the end, Xest couldn't remember what he did. Some sort of elegantly styled dance move that was basically the mirror of what Clone had just been doing; some sort of typical club move that well... Xest might have called it flaunting his skills.

Quickly, he cast his mind back to the song. If he was right, Clone had two lines left, that was it. Better make 'em count.

With a fast and graceful, but not hurried pace, Xest made his way towards Clone. For the last lines, he too wanted them to be intimate, make people see, feel and hopefully believe. He intended it to finish with them in each others arms, the song would want that, but again he was ready to act on Clone's whims. She was the leader in this song.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/19/2009 8:29 PM

In the end, yes, their minds were on the same wave-link. All about the stage, the show. She couldn't allow anyone to easily forget what they saw here tonight. They would eventually, but at least they could leave them all gawking now.

With Xest coming toward her, Clone's smile grew brighter. It gave her a mixed appearance, holding some vixen-y nature, yet...still that of a sweet innocence. She worked to make her character interesting in other words, more complicated then some of the typical girls in the clubbing scene.
Soon enough, the space between them was closed. Somewhere within the movement, her hands slowly found their way onto the Kuhna-man's chest. She was staring up at him, her eyes locked on his. From the crowd, it surely appeared to be an intimate moment. Maybe even one between two lovers, even though this was all for the show. Apparently, the Meji was a pretty good actor.
Like this, softly, she sang,

'But for the night, yes we're doing it right
But you got my number if you like what you like'

Lines good and sung, she ever-so-slowly leaned in toward Xest. One of her hands moved up to his neck, and continued up to the side of his face. As she began to move, the neon green lights began to swirl around their feet, licking at them like flames. They crawled up around the two. And, if Clone was good at guessing, she figured that Xest would have his red flames join the light, the two intertwining.
It was obvious that she was staging a kissing scene for the end. Only, wouldn't that be going to far? Clone didn't exactly go around kissing people, and she didn't feel that way about Xest. So what was her plan, exactly? The moment before their lips were to meet, the lights and flames would envelop them entirely. They wouldn't have to kiss, but it would leave everyone in suspense. When both had cleared, only in a matter of seconds, a classic ending pose could be struck.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext