The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

.Like the UNholiest dream. [Private, I'm afraid]

Postby Rabid » 08/24/2009 8:31 PM

Image The tiny black beast wove his way through the streets, doing his best not to be crushed by the many feet and paws that relentlessly pounded the much-abused earth.

”Bother,” he muttered, ”What a horrible place! I can’t believe th—Why? How could they do this to me?!

He hated this place with a passion; it was so very difficult for one so small to traverse the place, not to mention dangerous. He was, of course, about to see just how dangerous it could be. Indeed, teachers of such dangers padded behind him; two Rexxel focused on their prey, who continued to complain to himself as he dodged assorted appendages.

They struck as he neared an alley; he didn’t even know what hit him. He flew through the air, his bloody head making contact with the offending ground before he was tossed again. This demented game of ping-pong continued, and he was beginning to grow dizzy.

I’m doomed.

Shall we stick with them having different names until the life-altering moment? And I figured Pup would be able to talk before then. ;D

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Re: .Like the UNholiest dream. [Private, I'm afraid]

Postby Jinx » 08/24/2009 9:05 PM

What Zephyr was doing in the slums, he wasn't sure. His thin legs moved swiftly across the crowded street, avoiding shady figures and other creatures. As he walked passed an alley way, his ears swiveled as he heard nails clicking against the cement and a thud. Zephyr let out a low growl and turned on his paws, heading into the alley. He let out a snarl as he saw what was causing all the noise.

These Rexxels were picking on this smaller creature. His eyes began to glow as he glared daggers as the two of them. "Either you leave or deal with me." He growled, hackles raised and his body rippling with rage. Zephyr waited to see the reaction of the two, briefly taking his gaze off of them to check on the small bleeder creature.

(xD Sure, I gave him a random name. ;D)
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 63
Donate

Postby Rabid » 08/24/2009 9:25 PM

He finally gave in to the darkness that was strangling his vision as he hit the ground with another not-so-soft thump. He managed to see the look of fear on the faces of the Rexxels before he fell into sleep's comforting embrace. His attackers arched their backs and hissed before edging around Zephyr, knowing all too well that even their little group was no match for him. They were bullies, really; merely picking on those they were sure they could overpower. They figured it'd be wise to leave the Bleeder be; he wasn't worth the trouble of fighting a beast of stone. The soft clickety-clack of their claws hitting the pavement signaled their hasty retreat.

Hope you don't mind, I made "Zephyr" live in a cardboard box. o3o It's a nice box though; nice and roomy. xDD

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 08/24/2009 9:50 PM

Zephyr eyed the two as they edged by him. Once they were out of sight, he moved toward the motionless Bleeder and examined him. He moved his cold wet nose over the creature's body and nudged it softly. Nothing. He could tell it was still breathing, but he didn't want to just leave him here. He sighed, lapping at the creatures blood. His nose crinkled at the bitter taste. Once his wound was clean, Zephyr knelt down and extended his wing, sliding it under the small Bleeder's body and slowly moving him on to his back. He made sure his wings cradled him, keeping him from falling. Zephyr then began to slowly move out of the alley way, toward somewhere to rest.
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 08/24/2009 10:03 PM

Had everything always been so dark? Perhaps; he couldn't remember anything, really. The bleeder wandered in the darkness, stumbling now and again as he searched for something other than inky blackness. A flash of color caught his eye. What was that? He gasped in fright as his thoughts echoed around him; a loud, booming sound in this giant land of nothing. He saw the flash again; it looked familiar, somehow... How odd...

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 08/24/2009 10:20 PM

As the streets got darker, Zephyr's body began to glow lightly. Although he had great eyesight in the dark, it was still nice to have a bit of light. After what seemed like forever, he found a secluded spot under a a street light. Zephyr gently let his stomach kiss the ground, spreading his wing to bring the Bleeder on top his back to sit on the ground. He was careful not to hurt it and watched as it seemed like he was coming to. Tucking his wing back in, Zephyr nudged the creature once more. "Hey, you okay?" His voice was almost monotone, emotionless. It was a habit he had, to hide his feelings.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 08/24/2009 10:29 PM

"Hey, you okay?" The sound echoed through his mind as he left the darkness, having found a door leading to... More darkness. What? Black eyes opened to a cobalt blue blur. The bleeder blinked a few times to clear his vision, though he regretted it almost instantly; with his vision came the aching reminder of how he had entered that strange realm. He turned his gaze to the Yonyuu, squinting at the bright light exuded by his eyes. He didn't like light; a trait gained from being a Dreamsnare, he supposed. After a moment of thought, he cleared his throat, assuming that this creature had been the one to call him from the dark abyss.

'M fine. He muttered, his speech somewhat slurred from leftover drowsiness; at least, that's what he told himself. It wasn't very convincing with that throbbing in his jaw, though.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 08/24/2009 10:41 PM

A small, rare smile spread across the Yinyuu's maw. "You hit the ground pretty hard. Glad to see they didn't kill you." Zephyr extended a wing and began to preen it. The small creature's blood had stained his wings a bit. Once it was clean, he took his attention back to the Bleeder. "You're a strange creature. What are you?" He questioned, licking his paws as he examined the Bleeder beside him. "By the way, my name's Zephyr." He added, licking his maw.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 08/24/2009 11:02 PM

The small creature held back a snappy retort; he knew all too well that he'd hit the ground hard! Instead of being rude, he decided to observe that the Yonyuu had a pleasant smile. The small creature gave a bow as he introduced himself.

Charmed, I'm sure, he said as pleasantly and clearly as he could. My name, sir, is Antares. As for what sort of being I am, I am what's commonly known as a Dreamsnare Bleeder. He straightened up as much as was possible for a Bleeder and looked up at the winged creature, patiently awaiting his response.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 08/24/2009 11:13 PM

Zephyr nodded. "Nice to meet you." He replied, ears flickering a bit as the wind blew. "So, What are you doing in the slums? Not exactly the best place to be alone in." Zephyr's jaws opened wide as he yawned. His fangs seemed to shimmer in the dim light. Smacking his jowls, he shook his head. "Sorry, I haven't slept for days." The canine like creature rested his head on his paws as he studied the creature before him. He hadn't talked this much to another in a long time.
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 08/25/2009 5:28 PM

Antares flinched at the word "alone." Hoping the stranger hadn't noticed, he quickly attempted to cover it up.

I came here in hopes of finding some business opportunities.He mentally slapped himself. Business opportunities! Like this Zephyr person would believe that! He made a metal note to work on his quick thinking, and to improve his skills of deceit.

I can't say I blame you, He replied to the Yonyuu's yawn as he took a seat before the canine. I find it quite hard to believe that anyone can sleep here! It's such an awful place! He quickly decided to pray that the canine wasn't too attached to this place; if he was, he'd be done in two seconds.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 08/25/2009 7:47 PM

The Yonyuu's brows furrowed. "Business opportunities?" He repeated in a questioning tone. Hearing the Bleeder's second comment, Zephyr nodded his head in agreement. "Quite...It's too noisy and busy for my taste. I don't plan on staying here for long." His tail flickered contently, almost cat like. "So if you don't mind me asking," He blinked a bit as he paused. "What sort of business opportunities are we talking about?" Zephyr stared deeply into the creature's eyes, trying to read him. It was an eerie sight, glowing eyes staring at you, eyes that looked as though they could read your soul with one glance.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 08/25/2009 8:03 PM

As a matter of fact, He said huffily, being rude to hide his panic. [color=#8bc39d]I do mind. He gulped quietly and looked away; those eyes were quite unsettling. It wasn't simply because of the fact that they were basically glowing circles, but also because of the intensity of his gaze; the bleeder felt like the male was staring deep into the depths of his mind, and he couldn't have that. Oh no, definitely not that...

Wait, what was that he said? Something about leaving? This guy was going to leave the Slums?! Perhaps... Yes, he would be a most valuable ally - for now, at least. But he really didn't like the way those eyes stared into the darkest recesses of his being. But, who better to travel with than the very one who saved your life? With a heavy mental sigh, Antares resumed speaking.

Although...He muttered reluctantly. I suppose I do owe you for saving my life. So, I'll simply say that I was looking for something to keep me busy and get me paid.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jinx » 08/25/2009 8:41 PM

Zephyr narrowed his eyes a moment. "Hmm, I see. I don't see a lot of business around here. This place is just filled with liars and cheats." The male licked his maw. "Although, depending on what kind of business one does, you'd probably have a lot of it." He grinned, exposing his teeth. For a while, he was silent; Deep in thought. "You should come with me until you get out of here." He finally spoke. "Don't want what happened earlier to happen again. Besides, I can fly and avoid all the commotion." He stated, blinking his glowing eyes to keep them from shutting completely.  
Jinx
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 08/26/2009 4:30 PM

Antares did his best not to fidget in the uncomfortable silence; he figured the thoughtful look on Zephyr's face was from the canine deciding on eating him or not. The sight of those fangs wouldn't get out of his mind for a long time to come.

"You should come with me until you get out of here."

The statement startled the bleeder out of his reverie. It was just what he had wanted to hear; indeed, this creature would make a useful - temporary - ally. The bleeder faked surprise to the best of his abilities before speaking in a nervous tone.

Well, I suppose... He faked a thoughtful moment before continuing. If you really don't mind the trouble, I accept your offer. Although, I think you might want to take a nap; you're looking awfully tired.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next