The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Two Businesses... One Family?! {Private}

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/18/2010 11:26 PM

[I'd say it's a pretty crummy reply, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I have to regather these characters, mentally.]

"Oh, don't ever underestimate a man, my dear sister. For if you do, you may regret it one day," Riddler retaliated, before becoming fully situated in his seat. Though the females knew not of it, the male Turk had wooed many, male and female alike. However, he had only laid with women. They had corresponding parts, after all.

Luckily for Minion Two, Riddler felt the need to combat his sister's words, leaving him to escape any awkward moment possibly caused by Daiyher suggesting that they would marry. In that one instance, he would have become timid creature like no other, likely to even blush out of awkwardness, but it was different for him to see any sort of comforting smile from anyone. Such a thing was not typically seen by his eyes and never, ever directed at him. Instead of speaking or blushing, he simply went about the mundane activity of staring out the window as the car began to move.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind, my love, when it comes time for our wedding. I cannot possibly allow myself to be valued so little in your eyes." It was Riddler's turn to grin, having more fun than he really should have been having on a business trip. "Say now, where are you whisking us away to?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2904
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/26/2010 8:15 PM

"As far as I'm concerned, you're yet a young pup and not a man, dear brother." she smiled sweetly at him before devoting her attention back to Minion Two. He hadn't responded and seemed intent on looking out the window. Had she offended him? She wondered how to invite him back in the conversation... the opposite gender was far more complicated then just doing business.

This thought brought her up short- was she... flirting? While on the job? She could have punched a wall she was so disappointed in herself. No wonder Roadie hadn't handed the business over to her. Perhaps her father was smarter than she gave him credit for; it was so easy to forget how much he saw behind those shades and how much he kept quietly locked away in his mind. She needed to take a leaf out of his book and start paying attention... and keep her mind on one track. Ignore those stupid girly thoughts and feelings. They didn't help Ezmeralda except to get some male company in her bed. Short, selfish, and rarely repeated trysts that only satisfied her for a night. If she couldn't find something valuable in her madness, then neither would Daiyher.

As Minion Two and Daiyher sank into their respective silences, she giggled to herself; they were so alike, if only they could see it. And if only they would do each other a favor and just help each other get their rocks off. She was a strong believer that sex solved all problems- so long as you were smart about it. Kinda like sky-diving. With this thought, she turned back to Riddler. "Well, despite what your sister thinks, I see quite a man before me. Though a little over confident, perhaps." She winked at him. "I guess you'll just have to prove your value, hmm?" She grinned at him, deliberately ignoring his question about their destination.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/10/2010 5:04 AM

With Ezmeralda's giggle, Minion Two's ear flicked, suspecting that there was something more on her mind that didn't just involve her banter with Riddler. Whatever it was, he didn't care all that much, even though it may have been related to him or to Daiyher. It was Riddler's job to be the charmer, it always was. Minion Two's purpose, on the other hand, was always much less glamorous. The truth in the matter was that he striven to do all that he could to prove his worth to his father, going far past even what Minion One accomplished, but his feats were never acknowledged. He had given up every bit of what little normalcy his life could have in his attempts. Ultimately, it was why he wasn't all too receptive to Daiyher, aside from any embarrassment that could be caused. He held interest in her, there was no denying it, but chasing tail wasn't his top priority. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder, was it right to shut her out?

With his companion still keeping to his silent ways, Riddler was much enjoying his conversing with the lovely Ezmeralda. She was witty, giving her additional beauty. He smirked when she mentioned his confidence and fully recognizing that she was deliberately ignoring the question regarding their destination. He didn't exactly like not being in control, but it was a new feeling, one that brought him some excitement when he considered who was currently in control. What a woman she could be. "Would that include eliminating a current lover, my dear? Or perhaps an ex-lover? I could do that for you, if it is necessary in order to have you all to myself." Here, Riddler was teasing, though there was no doubt that he would do something that drastic if it was brought up.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/18/2010 1:07 AM

Accepting that Minion Two wasn't going to be too chatty at the moment, Daiyher began to think of places they could go, eliminating them as they drove by them. Thankfully this part of the slums had a decent selection and at the pace they were going, she had plenty of time to think. Unless Minion Two got an idea first...

Watching Riddler's reactions, she in turn recognized that he had noticed her taking control. So he as quick mentally too- bonus points to him. With a wicked grin, she teased further, "Maybe there is, and maybe there isn't. I won't discard my current toys until a better one comes along, you know? No sense wasting what I've got if the new toy will be disappointing. As for ex-lovers... " She shrugged with a smile, "I don't like my time wasted, so I doubt you'll have much fun there. But I know you'll find other ways to amuse yourself."  

"There." She spoke over the two in the back to Minion Two, pointing out a Taiwanese restaurant just opening for the night with a line twenty deep. "Hope you guys are into spicy food." Hopefully they would take the hint to stop before a mature rated scene could explode in the back seat. Just further proof that she needed to keep a one track mind right now. Get the business deal sealed and done, take the news back home, and if business permitted, try and get to know Minion Two better. This led her to believe what kind of name that was to give to a child- and what kind of relationship he had with his parents.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/09/2011 2:07 AM

[I'm pretty sure that Riddler and Minion Two were in the back, with the ladies in the front... xD;]

"Oh darn. I was hoping to have some fun with it," Riddler said, eying Ezmeralda in the rear-view mirror. If he was going to end up as one of her new toys, he certainly wanted something fun out of it in exchange, aside from being a plaything, which could be fun in and of itself.

Minion Two cleared his throat abruptly, knowing well enough that Riddler's mind was now focused on something other than work. He used this opportunity to cut off his companion's thoughts, whatever they may have been. "You may wish to heed your pursuit until the business is over." His words came out quietly, glancing at Riddler without moving his head. "No offense to you, of course, Ezmeralda." He supposed that Riddler had a right to flirt with the woman, since she was showing interest in return. However, he knew that their work should be coming first, thus, he had to be the voice of reason.

Luckily enough, Daiyher also was more reasonable. Minion Two's ears perked up as he eyed the restaurant. He had never had Taiwanese food, usually just staying home and cooking his meals, however, he wasn't opposed to it. "I'm up for trying anything at least once." With his words, he smiled faintly. If he was to keep Riddler and Ezmeralda off of one another, he figured that it was best if he attempted to actively speak up more. "It must be good, with such a line," he observed.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 04/06/2011 6:38 PM

((xD; Sorry~ I forgot.)

Perhaps it was better that the two of them were silenced when they were, Ezmeralda's curiosity was starting to get the better of her. Usually when that happened, she ended up in compromising positions with whoever piqued that interest. Giving Daiyher and Minion Two a brief pout, she turned back to Riddler with a conspirators wink. While looking for the entrance to the restaurant, she deftly removed a phone from her pocket and typed a quick message on an empty text. With one hand on the wheel, she passed the phone to Riddler.

Lets 'talk' later.

Rolling her eyes at this silent continuance of their conversation, Daiyher began scoping the place out, checking for cops, escape routes, and the general layout of the place. "Park in the back." She wasn't used to saying please since she usually handled everything herself, so it took her a few seconds before she added "Please." to the end of the statement. While looking out of the window, the semi-transparent surface of the glass showed Minion Two in the backseat. Distracted, her thoughts u-turned back to him. Her curiosity was growing stronger, and more difficult to ignore. If she got the chance to get rid of her brother and Ezmeralda, she'd take it. Maybe if they could have a minute alone, she could ask a couple of questions- masked as politeness of course- and then be over it. This was her big chance- and nothing was going to ruin it for her.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous