The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: No Other Reason Because We Need It (P-PM To Join?)

Postby Moofius » 01/23/2010 5:04 AM

“Hunt?” Om frowned, and then smiled, “I didn’t take you for a hunter!”
This earned him another glare. Why did she glare so often? Had he said something?

“Wow, it’s cool that you hunt. So you hunt and you sleep in your lean to and... what else do you do?” Om asked, mostly to learn more about her. Om had no idea how much that question would confuse and anger Briet. He continued his prance, not watching the other mekka, but the area around them which was the reason for him bumping straight into her.
“Omph! Oh, sorry. Hey why is your face all... angry?”
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1086
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/24/2010 5:01 AM

Briet turned on him and was... bumped into. Om really had no attention span, did he?
“Look!” She growled, getting right in his face, “If you WANT to travel with me, good for you! But stop insulting and stop expecting something out of me! Do I HAVE to do anything besides eat and sleep?! That’s all that’s required for my survival, outside of BREATHING! So what do you want from me? WHAT!?”

She’d never been this... this... what? This mad? There was a heat in her belly and chest and everything inside her felt... tight. Was this what anger felt like? She’d never felt anything like this (or maybe she had but didn’t remember?). It felt... Good to feel.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/24/2010 5:20 AM

“What do I want from you?” he cocked his head to one side and sat down to put a bit of distance between their two faces.
“I don’t know wha-“ he frowned and whined, raising his right paw to bat at his head (and ear by association). That thing! That stupid pressure on his head was pressuring! He growled at the thing while it laughed and poked and prodded until... He felt all messed up and then the thing was in charge.
“I wANt you to MAke this moooOOOre fun-uh!”
Obviously it had poor control over the voice box but the large paw swung at Briets face was sure and swift. Claws tore through fur, skin and scrapped whatever light metal the darker mekka’s bones were made of.

It was like taking a back seat in his own mind. Nothing seemed under his control! Om managed a belated ‘Run!’ of a warning to his new answer box.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/24/2010 5:34 AM

The heat in her chest turned to cold and suddenly she was feeling a whole other feeling. Briet couldn’t get her brain to think out what the feeling could be; there was no time for that, there wasn’t even time to feel the pain of her new wound as the blood matted in her fur and mixed with the dirt on the ground.

What was going on here? What was wrong with Om? What had just happened and why was he suddenly trying to KILL her?! Was he trying to kill her? Well, why wait and find out; time to run!

Briet turned on her heels and ran, ran from Om and through the streets. The movement was instinctual and she wasn’t thinking it out, just moving. She was going to her hunting ground in the Tengel, maybe there she could hide from Om.
She’d only just met this jerk and given him a place to sleep and how was she repaid? A scratch to the face?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/19/2011 6:03 PM

The claws of his feet left deep grooves in the dirt roads as he gave chase. His mouth remained open in a sinister, panting grin as he chased. The mekkayena didn't seem to mind the rocks Briet was kicking up just infront of him, the wind, the shouting of the upset merchants and people. The only thing that occupied this mekka's mind was Briet and the Hunger.

Chasing her was wonderful too. Was she scared? He could feel that she was. Briet was confused and he could feel that too. The thing in his mind found her emotions curious and delicious. Om found himself absent mindedly happy that Briet had suggested hunting.

Ahead the browns, greys and other dull colours of the Slums suddenly stopped, replaced with a thick wall of green and life. It would be better to catch her before they hit the wild, unpredictable forests of the Tengel. He would have to catch her very quickly then.
"bRIet! STawP!" He cackled, "i JUST want T00000 Tuh zzr-tAWk!" His brain felt muddled, scrambled as the trees loomed ahead. His teeth hurt, but he didn't know why. Not that he really cared now. Briet, Briet was all that mattered. He was dedicated to catching her and tearing her to pieces. He would have her.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/19/2011 7:56 PM

Unlike her fiery counterpart Briet was observing everything around her as she dodged her way past street vendors, street urchins and street trash. It was early morning but the scum was already shaking off and waking up. The early urchin gets the best begging corner, right? At least until the bigger one wakes up and forces them out.

Oh, right, being chased.

In hopes of stopping or hindering Om's progress Briet risked her shadow-like existence by knocking over a a stand or two, filled with junk from the garbage heap. Junk that had been salvaged and turned into semi-maybe useful items. Angry vendors shouted after her but she did not care. She did, however, care when the stand was barreled through by Om.

He was a real mess with splintered wood in his fur, cuts and scratches all over his body. He was bleeding a black, oily substance that made the cool morning air shiver. Maybe it was oil, super heated oil. Briet didn't think long on it though as she sailed over a tipped over garbage can.

Like Om, Briet knew the forest could offer her some cover and could end this chase in her favor. It helped that she knew her way around the Tengel, at least this little place just outside her home. If she could just get to the safety and cover of the forest.

His voice was grating and alien, similar but not quite the voice he had used moments earlier. Had something gotten lodged in some sensitive machinery? She might have seen something stuck in one of his limbs, but nothing to explain the change in his voice.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous