The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: When Killer Meets Killer (Private)

Postby Thunder » 04/23/2011 9:07 PM

The knife met its mark. With one slash, the man's throat was torn, and a few seconds later he was lying at Sayashin's feet, dying, as the blood slowly made a deep crimson puddle on the dirty ground. Sayashin snorted and leaned over, wiping the blood away from her knife using the man's clothes. She glanced towards the bags that had dropped from the thief's hands, but did not care to look in them.

As she rose, there was a scuffling sound behind her as Senervel appeared on the scene. She did not look up as he spoke, but let out a bit of a grumble when he called her actions reckless. Sayashin expected him to go on about all the improvements she could make, so she was rather surprised when Senervel asked her to evaluate herself instead.

"You want me to tell myself?" she growled in surprise, turning around to stare at him. "Well..." Her head lowered slightly as she thought back on her actions. "Scaling the building was not as silent as I wanted it to be." She looked over at the man's body again. "I could have been more patient, I guess..." Sayashin frowned. Critiquing herself was not something she was used to. "I was a little worried that he would get away. Maybe I should be more confident."

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

[325]

Postby Jaykobell » 09/30/2011 7:59 PM

[ fffffffffffffff WHERE HAVE I BEEN. Sorry I suck at realizing I'm RPing. 8|;; ]

He couldn't help but grin more as Sayashin tried to evaluate herself. It wasn't an easy task; after all, nobody wanted to realize and openly admit that they were imperfect. Admitting your flaws is the hardest part of anything you do in life, but that was exactly why Senervel was forcing Sayashin to do it. "Good," he praised as his tails flickered upward, just to show a little bit of pride. She was a quick learner, this one. "There's no shame in having flaws," he added with a mischievous grin, those teeth shining in the darkness. "If you can admit and realize that you can always get better, then you've already beaten countless little petty thieves."

Since the drill was over and the two could just hang out in the open, Senervel also turned back into his human form. The little white lock shone compared to his pitch-black hair, and the monocle did the same. He slipped an arm behind Sayashin's back and put a hand on her shoulder, with that grin still on his face. "You did well for a first try," he praised again, to boost her confidence a bit. No, really, she had. He had expected just a petty thief, and quite honestly, most female thieves were weak, emotional, useless. Sayashin... she had potential. A lot of it. "And with the little prize our friend had... We can get some riches and have a nice lunch. If we go through the forest, we can reach Lamenolai in a little bit." Just an honest invitation. He had no clue if Sayashin chilled out now and again, but man did she look and sound tense. Beyond taking the job seriously, he would also need to teach her how to relax and chill.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Thunder » 01/13/2012 11:04 PM

Senervel seemed satisfied, at least. Sayashin wasn't sure how to feel about the fact that she had pleased him. It had been a long time since she had studied under someone. She began recalling her childhood, how she was orphaned at a young age and found and raised by thieves. She had been taught to steal and kill, how to thrive on her own. They had taught her much, but there were dark memories too. Sayashin felt an old anger rise up in her heart as she thought of a certain boy thief who she had once been very close to.

She suddenly snapped back to the present when she felt Senervel's hand wrap around her. What the hell did he think he was doing? Sayashin leered but did nothing to shake off the presence of his hand, as uncomfortably intimate as it was. "...thanks," she said, not looking at him. What was he saying now? ...inviting her to lunch? Very rarely did the assassin dine with others. She wasn't one for gourmet meals and typically settled with whatever she could find on the streets.

However, she couldn't really think of anything else to do with the drugs they just obtained. Sayashin supposed it wouldn't hurt to go out with her new mentor for one lunch, as long as it wasn't too...cozy. She leaned over to pick up the bags and gestured for Senervel to take them. "All right," she said. "A meal, then. But don't keep me too long. I can't make my client wait."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[326]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/13/2012 11:51 PM

Senervel couldn't help but to grin just a little more when Sayashin glared at him for getting physical with her. She was the more serious, business-like sort of thief; she took her job seriously, which was a good thing. There was no ill-intention in his invitation, but it was good of her to be weary. You couldn't trust everyone in this world, and especially not anyone you met in the Slums. Sayashin probably trusted him just a little only because of his reputation.

He didn't struggle or hold her against her will when she shuffled away to pick up their prize. He slipped his hands into his pockets casually, just relaxing after a job well done. A pat on the back was good once in a while; you just had to avoid doing it too much so you wouldn't sit on your laurels.

Senervel took the bags when Sayashin handed them over, weighing them up to feel how much was in there. He chuckled a bit when Sayashin mentioned her client. "Right. Maybe we can post-pone, then? Complete your assignment, and once you've... relaxed, you can give me a call," he proposed, throwing one of the bags up in the air just a little, before catching it in his hand and throwing it up again. "It's no good when you're tense and pressed for time like that." He shuffled in his coat pocket for a bit before pulling out a slip of paper. He handed it over to Sayashin; onto it was a phone number, and only that. "It's useful to have around for any potential client."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Thunder » 01/13/2012 11:59 PM

Sayashin stared down at the piece of paper offered to her. After a moment, she turned her gaze back to Senervel, observing the grin, the little white lock of hair, and the monocle. Something stirred in her, but she didn't know what it was. There was a sense of deja vu. Someone else, another man, had done this long ago...and she didn't want to think about it. She took the paper and stowed it in her pocket, nodding at her mentor. "I will meet you later, then."

With that, Sayashin turned around and walked out of the dark alley. She didn't look back at Senervel as she turned the corner. She knew that from today, her life would be different. Just how, though, she wasn't sure.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous