The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

In the Streets (P; Training)

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 12:03 AM

Kane landed on the rough cement in the slums. What was he doing here? The air tasted horrible in his mouth when he inhaled, and one never knew who would attack or when. His yellow-orange eyes scanned the streets for anyone falimliar or anything interesting. Well, I guess I'll just have to wonder around, he thought in his head. Maybe he would discover something new, or something like that.
{96/145}

Luna looked above her when she heard the whirring sound of something mechanical. It looked like a clockwork yonyuu, or something like that. Her light violet eyes watched as it landed. Definitely a clockwork yonyuu. She wondered what it, or rather, he, was doing in the slums. He looked interesting enough. Maybe she would go introduce herself? Well, not yet, let him get used to the environment, she told herself.
{1.1}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: In the Streets (P; Training)

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 12:53 AM

The clockwork yonyuu looked around him. Well, there was absolutely nothing familiar about the slums. Not even a garage within walking distance, as far as he could tell. He sighed and took a step toward the street. He was going to cross to the other side, or at least that was his intention...
{97/145}

Luna was watching the clockwork yonyuu, admiring how well he moved so fluidly despite his metal parts. Soon, though, her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a car horn. Her eyes grew wide. This stranger had step out in front of a car! Luna rushed forward and shoved him out of the way, knocking him down along the side of the road out of harms way.
{1.2}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 12:58 AM

Okay, that was weird. He had been crossing the street, when something honked at him and something else ran into him and shoved him out of the road. "Keep your boyfriend outta the street," came the angry shout from inside the vehicle. Kane didn't realize that there were vehicles around this area. As he tried to recover the breath that had been knocked out of him, he noticed that someone was on top of him. This must be the one that saved me, he though.
{98/145}

Luna was breathing hard. It had taken a lot of force to knock the other yonyuu out of the street. "He's not mah boyfriend!" she shouted back at the driver of the car with her heavy accent after she had regained her breath a bit. She pushed herself up off the stranger and offered a paw to help him up. "Well, aren't you gonna take it?" she asked.
{1.3}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 1:09 AM

Kane was in a trance, trying to figure out what was going on around him. He didn't even notice the female offer him her paw. He turned to her and smiled. He took her offer and got up with her assistance. "Thank you," he said.
{99/145}

"No problem," Luna said with a smile. She had saved many people from being crushed by cars, she was lucky she was alive today. "I do it all the time, it's kinda like a job for me," she offered a smile.
{1.4}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 1:12 AM

"Oh," was all Kane could say. Wow, this girl is quite the catch, he thought. He really liked her, she seemed nice enough, maybe he had found a new friend. "I'm Kane," he said with a smile of his own. Goodness! He had almost forgot to mention his own name!
{100/145}
LEVEL UP!! --> 21

"I"m Luna," the void yonyuu said. "Nice to meet you," she added. "So, you new to the area that you stepped out in front of the car like that, or were ya trying to kill yerself?"
{2.5}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 1:58 PM

"I-I was going to cross the street," Kane said a little bewildered. "I didn't realize that a vehicle would be coming. It was so strange!" He glanced up the road to see the tail lights of the car disappear around the corner. "I guess you could say I'm new to the area..."
{101/145}

Luna smiled warmly. "I see," she said softly. Poor guy was so confused... "Well, if you need a guide or anything, I"m your gal!" She really hoped Kane was alright with that. She liked this strange yonyuu, he seemed interesting.
{2.6}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 2:16 PM

"That'd be wonderful," exclaimed Kane. He knew that he'd get lost in the slums without a guide. Heck, he was already having trouble pinpointing where he was. "Thank you," he added with a grateful smile.
{102/145}

"No problem," Luna said. "Ain't got nothing better to do." She smiled at the other yonyuu. She glanced toward the street. "The first thing to remember when visiting the slums is to look both ways before you cross any street or alley, ya never know when a car will come by, or someone will jump out at ya."
{2.7}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 2:58 PM

Kane gulped. He was afraid of what he was getting himself into. "Er, okay," he said a little shakily.
{103/145}

"Don't be afraid," Luna said with a smile. "I've been living here since I was a young pup, nothing bad has ever happened to me."
{2.8}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 3:01 PM

"Okay," Kane said. "What next?" He was a little afraid of what other rule there were to follow, but he wanted to know what he could and could not do.
{104/145}

"Well, you should never travel alone," Luna said. "It was rather dumb of you to come out here without a companion." They were at the edge of the sidewalk, ready to cross the street. Luna looked both ways before walking rather quickly across the street.
{2.9}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2010 3:05 PM

Kane nodded his head, then set off across the street after the graceful Luna. He made it safely across this time. He chuckled, relieved. "I didn't almost die that time," he said.
{105/145}
LEVEL UP!! --> 22

"That's a good thing," Luna said with a giggle of her own. Her violet eyes danced playfully as they continued to walk down the street, side by side. This was the first time she had actually experienced any feelings for a long time. She was liking the way she felt with Kane.
{3.10}
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate