The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Discovery in the Slums (Private)

Postby Kylo » 09/27/2010 8:46 PM

Anthos sighed as he sat on the stoop of a run down shack. He looked up at the sky and sang softly to himself as it started to rain. Pissed he got up and wander back down the alley from which he had originally came and settled back into the shelter he had made out of broken trashcans to wait out the storm all the while still singing. "Come little child, come with me, to my castle by the sea...I'll show you wonders and great mysteries, just follow me to my castle by the sea...." He stopped and fought internally trying to remember the words from his childhood.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Discovery in the Slums (Private)

Postby Saahs » 09/27/2010 9:06 PM

Of all the places, Devlinimalikatia found herself in the Slums. She had been there a couple times before, but never did she think that after finding an owner would she come back to it. The smells, the sights, the filth, the people.... It all sickened her. She could barely understand her owner's motive for coming here, it was seemingly a useless place save for its sick inhabitants. Still, whatever the reason be, Flyyn needed guidance through this place. Excluding sight, the scents of the place overwhelmed him too much to find his way on his own.

Flyyn could feel his Rexxel's dislike for the place. He understood her dislike for it, too. He hated the Slums, though it was one of the only places he could find which had certain... Components, for his still-work-in-progress modifying of Necromancy. If these components could be found anywhere else, he would have been more than happy to never set foot in the Slums. The sounds, smells, even the feel of the air disoriented him to a point of becoming lost. He was rather glad that Devlinimalikatia was willing to guide him through the place.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/27/2010 9:19 PM

Anthos looked up as Talcen wondered in quietly beside him. He sighed and got up. He left the village for a reason and that reason had come back to haunt him. Talcen. Really when would the idiot get a clue? Anthos allowed himself to be drug over to a man with a rexxel before shaking off Talcen's grip. "Hello sir. My name is Anthos and before you go assuming anything, I am not assosciated with that thing over there."

"That same song? When will you learn a new one?" he asked as he fiddle with a trinket he had purchased from one of the necromancers. It was suppossed to protect him from harm or some crap like that. "Hey come on Anthos! You can still come home you know!" he shouted after him before looking up and spotting a rexxel aparently guiding a blind being of sorts. Talcen ran up to Anthos grabbed ahold of him and drug him over to the blind man and rexxel. "Hey there! The name's Talcen. How are you today sir?" He grinned as he fished through his pockets for wares to sell. Who knows maybe the man was into alchemy.
Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/27/2010 9:36 PM

Devlinimalikatia turned her ears to the sound of an approaching Werecain. Whipping her head to face the stranger, she bared her teeth. "State your business, Werecain," she snarled, standing in front of the boy. Her claws retracted out of sheer instinct. Devlinimalikatia was very unfond of strangers-let alone large canine strangers...

Flyyn's head twitched towards the sound as well. Werecain, he observed. And it did not sound too happy, according to its statement. Flyyn listened to the breathing of another closeby being. A humanoid. "I assume you're talking about him?" he said, pointing in the direction of Talcen-yet he did not look at him. In fact, his ice blue eyes seemed to be staring at nothing. He grinned, lowering his hand. "Of course you aren't," he said. Was that a hint of sarcasm that made the female Rexxel snigger through a purr?
The person Talcen had just approached was indeed not a man in appearance, but a teenager, fifteen at most. However, he had the air of an adult. And contrasting to his assumed age, he looked... Very odd. His skin was a shade of grey tinted with blue, which matched his bright eyes, the sclera also being a glowing shade of ice blue. His fingers were abnormally sharp, and seemed to have no skin on them. The tips were a dark shade of grey. And when he grinned, it was not toothy-it was sharp toothy.
Flyyn narrowed his eyes. "Better than the last person I met who tried to sell me stuff in the middle of the Slums," he said coolly. His voice had a slight hiss to it, yet it still held that childish sound to it.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/27/2010 9:51 PM

"I have none. I was drug here by that nutcase." Anthos motioned to Talcen. "I wouldn't buy anything from him if I were you two. The last thing he made blew up." Anthos laughed at Talcen's anger and pulled some coins out of his pocket, when he was not looking. He would need them if he was to bail Talcen out of jail or pay for the medical bill that was sure to follow. The boy always got himself beaten to a bloody pulp for his insanity. "Calm kitty. I don't bite unless forced to." he snickered at the rexxel and pawed at the dirt, weaving little designs into it with a claw. One strangely resembled a human face. "So what brings a fine cat to the slums anyway?"

"Shut Anthos, you dirty liar!!!! It did not blow up, it just smoked a little. I fixed that. So what are you looking for? If I don't have it I can take you to someone who does. After all I grew up. Nice place this is once you get used to it." Talcen jabbered away senselessly about absolutely nothing at all. He didn't even notice Anthos take some of his keystones. Despite growing up in the slums Talcen had zero street smarts. He was better off somewhere safer, somewhere without pickpockets. "So you're an undead aren't you?" He leaned in close and grinned childishly. He loved creepingn people out by getting in their personal space. Which is probably why he was always bloodied up.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/27/2010 10:32 PM

Devlinimalikatia snickered as Anthos stated what he was doing in the Slums. "How unfortunate for you," she purred icily, "that your owner is not to your tastes." She waved a violet tail in the air slowly and gracefully. "I am acting as his guide. What we search for I leave to him to tell." She really had a way with using her words, and pronouncing them. She could be one of those fancy pirates that got everything they wanted from their charisma. It was a wonder why she was instead the pet of a blind person.

Flyyn sniggered as Talcen yelled at Anthos. Once he was done with that, he crossed his arms over his chest, his posture becoming noticeably more... slouched. "Of course it does," he hissed, no sign of any negative emotion traced across his seemingly young face. He smirked as he heard something being removed from Talcen's pockets. "Living here does not seem to have affected your wisdom, however." He cared not to explain his words, this kid could figure it out himself, if he could. As Talcen invaded Flyyn's personal space, the undead did not seem phased by it, but instead propped an elbow onto Talcen's shoulder. The joint was painfully bony, unintentionally digging harshly into Talcen's neck. "Indeed I am an undead, if that's how you put it into words. I don't think I've introduced myself. You may call me Loriavoth," he said, inspecting his claws. On his face was an equally childish grin. The two had quite a few similarities, and quite a few differences, he could already tell.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/27/2010 10:46 PM

Anthos bristled at the word owner and bared his teeth. "No one owns me. No one." he growled. "I just put up with him." He flicked one of his tails and wiped away the picture he had drawn. "So you like it where you live?" he asked trying to get off of the topic of ownership. If there was one thing he absolutely hated, it was being "owned." Anthos glared at Talcen and returned the keystones.

Talcen pointedly ignored the pointy elbow digging into his flesh and produced a crystal from his pocket along with various gears and small vials of unknown substances. "So what are you looking for in particular Loriavoth? Stones, dragon's blood, gears and gismos, or something else? Perhaps a soul-container to seal away unwanted spirits." He listed of his various items to sell and the items the shops he visted often had in stock at the moment. Talcen stopped for a moment and took a moment to really look at him. "You know, I think I like you already." He grinned and patted Anthos. "Hey give up whatever you took. I know I felt something messing with my pocket."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/27/2010 11:00 PM

Devlinimalikatia smirked slightly evilly. "Why don't you leave him, then, if he is not your owner?" she inquired, slightly satisfied with herself. She nodded. "Indeed I do. I'd never want to live somewhere else," she said. "Nor would I leave behind what else lives there." She wasn't going to be specific, no need for some moody dog to know where her precious kits were, now was there?

Flyyn wondered whether to trust this person or not. He had not even been witty enough to notice a yawping Werecain pickpocketing him. Was he witty enough to know what in the world he was tinkering with? He decided to see just how smart this kid was. "Actually, I'm looking for something called a Soul Stabiliser. I need it for some..." he paused, thinking of the correct wording. "...Experiments, of mine." There. That should do well enough for a response. He smirked, still not looking anywhere near Talcen's direction. "I am glad that you do," he replied. So, kiddy-winky was smart enough to know SOMETHING had been removed from his pocket. he thought. I was about to say, that's a bit sad to not notice such.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/27/2010 11:19 PM

"I did. He came after me, saying he can help me or some shit like that. The boy's mad." Anthos walked around the rexxel and studied her. Why cats hated him so, he had not a clue. He personally loved them, especially before being bitten by a beast. Back when he was still human. He shook away the thoughts of his past and went back to pacing about. He wanted to figure this cat out. She was hiding something, that much he was sure of. "Got any family?" he asked when he had finally stopped pacing.

"No I haven't, but Xaviar does. That guy has just about everything. He loves alchemists stones that guy. He give you what you need for a stone, which I've got plenty of so here have one on the house." He handed one of the stones over. "What kind of experimentation are you up too? Soul stabilisers aren't common everyday materials you know. It isn't like materia or anything that you find laying around." He wasn't dumb, not by a long shot. He knew what he was doing, bad luck just seemed to follow him though.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/27/2010 11:30 PM

Devlinimalikatia slicked an ear, making the bell tied to it jingle. "Such an efficient way to detach from your owner," she said, narrowing an ice blue eye. It was not that she disliked him, more of she liked his reactions. He was actually the most polite dog-creature she had ever encountered, which was why she was verbally tormenting him rather than ripping his ear off. Which would be stupid to try to do to a Werecain.
Devlinimalikatia watched Anthos as he paced. Reading his expressions, something had just bothered him. Something not mentioned. Perhaps she would have to learn about this Anthos... She showed no signs of reacting to his question. "No," she said. It was somewhat true-Anuj and Anuja weren't truly related to her.

Flyyn chuckled. "This has nothing to do with alchemy," he said, finally removing his rather pointy elbow from Talcen. "It's not even a stone of any kind, Talcen." He could not help but smirk. This person must be thinking of a different kind of Stabiliser. There were different kinds of Soul Stabilisers-the alchemy kind, the Necromancy kind, and the First kinds-the last one being the kind Flyyn was looking for, and they were hardly existent, let alone known of. He had only read of them in an obscure book that he had found, and it seemed to be the only copy, as the book was quite half finished and rushed.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2010 5:44 PM

"Oh...that's too bad." He caught himself as he had begun to draw again and immediately wiped it away. "What's it like to be a cat?" He didn't like the way she was looking at him, it was as if she was analyzing him. If she wanted to know something, she should just ask. Anthos glared at Talcen for his suggestion to go to Xaviar. If he went there he'd be poked and prodded relentlessly. "I'm not going." he said firmly.

"I know that! The stones are for you to trade with! Xaviar doesn't accept keystones, only alchemist's stones as payment. You didn't specify which kind either. No matter, Xaviar is sure to have whatever you need. He has a way of finding things." Talcen shuffled his feet restlessly. "So you want to meet him?" Talcen ignore Anthos and grinned expectantly up at Loriavoth. "Well?"

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/28/2010 7:58 PM

Devlinimalikatia did not remove her observing gaze from Anthos. His unnerving vibe was amusing her greatly. "Much better than to be a dog, I would say," she opinionated. Cats were graceful, pretty, independent and very charismatic. Dogs... They were slobbery suckups, unless they were rabid. She was almost inclined to ask Anthos if he did have rabies. But she held the question back.

"I apologise. I misinterpreted your words," he said, but he still wore that odd smirk. Flyyn snorted. "Is he now?" he said, then was silent, considering whether to go to this "Xaviar" person or not. If it was the same Xaviar he knew, there were going to be some issues in keeping his identity slightly secret. Especially if that idiot said his real name aloud around Talcen... Oive, it was hard living after being a possessed murderer for most of your life.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2010 8:03 PM

Talcen grabbed Loriavoth by the hand and began to drag him off to Xaviar's before anyone could say otherwise. "Yay! You'll find what you need I just know it!" He also grabbed Anthos by the scruff and drug him along as well.

Anthos refused to be easily taken along so he dropped his full weight on Talcen's hand, but Talcen seemed not to notice. He sighed and let himself be drug by the nutcase across the town. He hoped that Xaviar didn't have anymore needles to poke him with.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/28/2010 8:15 PM

Devlinimalikatia watched as Anthos was dragged, relishing the entertainment, before she increased her satisfaction by perching on Anthos' head. She narrowed her eyes to content slits. "Nn, lovely place to sit," she observed. It really was. Warm, super fuzzy, and she was moving without walking.

A small snarl emitted from Flyyn's throat as he was suddenly dragged along. "Can I walk on my own? My legs aren't good at this sorta stuff," he said. There was a slight accent, similar to Scottish in a way, if you want to imagine what it would sound like. Whoops. Might give away where I'm from... he thought. Hopefully Mister Enthusiastic had not noticed too much to know what accent it was.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2010 8:28 PM

"Oh sorry! Well we're here anyway! Xaviar, you lazy creeper!!! You've got a customer!" He let go of Loriavoth and Anthos then sat down on one of the old operating tables used as a counter. Being made out of an old clinic had it's perks. "Oh I don't need you he does." Talcen pointed Loriavoth.

"I'm not a pillow you know." He shook his head. Upon looking at the facility Anthos was amazed it was still standing after all these years. He sniffed at the old apothocary jars filled with blood and Gaia knows what else.

Xaviar woke up with a start and crawled off of one of the tables. "Coming! Just give me a moment!" He slipped on his vest and walked out into the entryroom. "Yes? How may I be of service Talcen?"

"Oh I don't need you he does." Talcen pointed to Loriavoth. "He says he needs a soul stabiliser, a non-alchemic one."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer