The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

[Finished]

Postby AuroraSky » 10/12/2010 3:49 PM

ImageImage

"Don't rush me."

"Then don't be slow!" The elder Rollaby retorted, her eyes squinting at her brother, who was taking his sweet time and finishing his sandwich.

Cecelia was never the type that liked to wait, especially when an adventure was at stake here. Earlier that day through word of some very loud chatters, Cecelia had picked up that there had been Snicky's littered all over the Slums. Of course she had gotten her brother out of bed and within the hour they had taken the long, long trip to the Slums, ready for some good Snicky hunting!

Unfortunately, her younger brother, Martin, was not in a rush to go gallivanting all over some suspicious town in search for a Snicky. But as usual he would not leave his sister's side and had reluctantly agreed, although now Cecelia was paying the price.

"Martin come on, now you're just being mean."

The Cobalt Rollaby simply looked up, a content look on his face and a faint flicker of amusement in his eyes. Sometimes he would swear he was the older child. With a sigh he looked at his empty plate, licked his lips, brushed crumbs off of his fur and hopped down from his seat. He simply nodded and Cecelia new he was ready to go.

"And we're off to find a Snicky, the Snicky of the Slums..." The Blood Rollaby sang as she skipped off, younger brother in tow (and in pain).

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Would You Hurry?![P Snicky Hunt]

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2010 3:13 PM

"Where should we start looking?" Cecilia asked her brother, who gave her a clear confused look. "What? I don't have a plan. You're the plan guy, aren't you?"

Martin gave a loud exasperated sigh, earning an annoyed look from his older sister. The younger Rollaby looked around, looking for any sign of where there little hunt could begin. He hated being the plan guy.

After a few moments of scanning, Martin noticed a small group of people lining up at some sign, hidden by a rather large man. He slowly rolled away from Cecelia, who did not notice his little disappearing act and instead was furiously staring down the very suspicious characters hurrying along, trying to see if they held nets. Snicky's needed to be caught with nets, did they not?

Martin however, was actually doing something productive. Once he had rolled and successfully crawled through the legs of a few people he finally located the sign.

"CECELIA!" He yelled.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/18/2010 3:16 PM

Cecelia jumped at the sound of her brother's shout and looked around quickly for him, only to find him perched at a tourist sign. Rolling her eyes and her body, she made her way over to his side. After quickly scanning the sign she smiled and patted his back. "Very good Martin. Now we have a place to start our journey!"

Martin beamed under her praise, happy he was able to help even though he had been annoyed at his older sister earlier in the day. He however, did not notice the grumbling humans above him, trying to pass. Martin nudged Cecelia out of the way and smiled slightly as she huffed at the people. Once the long line had passed, Cecelia grabbed Martin's...paw...and led him under the velvet rope, trying hard to be hidden. They could not afford a ticket in the Slums with their very high prices. Luckily the man behind the counter did not notice and instead placed a "Sold Out" Sign on top of the advertisement.

"All aboard!" He called, and Cecelia rolled her eyes. This wasn't a train!

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/18/2010 3:24 PM

"Take a seat right over there, under that man's chair Martin. I'll be right back!" Cecelia exclaimed, pushing her baby brother under one of the nearby seats. He looked up at her with an unsure, suspicious look, and she tried to not look annoyed. "Would you relax Martin? I'm a big girl, and I can handle myself! I just want to check out something over there."

And yet the gaze did not waver, and Cecelia gave up trying to convince the younger Rollaby it would be safe. Instead she hid among small suitcases and made her way off, hoping no one would catch her. As the tour guide started the bus and pulled down the microphone, she made sure to duck away. "Gooooooood morning everyone!" The tour guide said, her voice dripping with a sweetness that made Cecelia sick to her stomach. She hated overly cheery people.

Oh, the irony.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/18/2010 3:29 PM

Martin sighed as the view of his sister escaped him and now the nervousness was setting in. The thought of the man reaching under his seat and grabbing Martin scared the living daylights out of him, but yet he knew if he moved and his cover was blown, the consequences would be a lot worse. Aside from that, Martin worried for his sister, who had disappeared off to God-knows-where. Why could she just stay put like everyone else? Why did she have to love to run off so much?

"My name is Amy and I'll be your tour guide for the day!" Martin sighed and curled up, wishing the tour guide's voice wasn't so happy. As if there was anything to be happy about when you were in the Slums. "On my little Fun Bus," Martin faked a gag. "We are going to explore the city and I'm going to tell you about all of the wonderful wild life, including the legendary Snicky! Heck, if you peek out of the bus you might see one! Speaking of peeking," She giggled at her stupid poetry, earning another fake gag, "Let me explain our safety rules!"

This was going to be a long trip.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/19/2010 3:20 PM

Cecelia waited until all of the passengers had settled down and prepared for the very long explanation of safety rules by "Amy", who frankly was annoying Cecelia to her boiling point. But there was no need to worry, they were on a Snicky hunt! And poor Martin needed to get out of the house for a little while; the poor thing rarely did anything these days beside read his books and remain quiet. It was even worse now that Ashley was gone so much with that Bergamot fellow.

The tour bus hit an unexpected bump, sending Cecelia flying under one of the nearby seats. She groaned and rubbed her head, trying to sit back up. But just as her legs made any sort of attempt to stand, the next bump came and she clashed with the seat, harder this time.

"OH!" She exclaimed, immediately covering her mouth as the other passengers looked for the source of the noise. Cecelia mentally kicked herself and found one of the handbags, unusually large. With a little smile and reached in, searching for what she knew would be key in her journey. A map.

"Nothing? Jeez." She said with a sigh. But before she could retreat the woman bent down.

"Look at all of those stupid bumps, spilling my things." She said with an exasperated sigh. Cecelia gulped and jumped under a light jacket, which was then promptly stuffed in the bag.

"Uh oh."

[6][6]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/20/2010 3:16 PM

Martin looked up warily from his hiding spot as the tour went on, finally getting the guts to come from underneath his hiding place. Cecelia was taking awfully long, and he just wanted to see her and make sure she was okay. It was always his responsibility to look out for her, even though it was supposed to be the other way around. Ah well. Not like he minded.

Martin stretched the yawned, using a small Cobalt paw to rub his little eye before blinking a few times and looking around. Nothing? Well that seemed a bit odd. Then again, knowing Cecelia she was off way down in the back of the bus sorting through purses and looking for maps. Maybe he shouldn't worry too much about her? But just as that conclusion crossed his mind, he couldn't help but notice a red tail being shoved into a very large designer handbag, making his heart bound.

Perhaps a fur sweater sleeve? He sighed. He knew who that was.

"Oh Cecelia."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/20/2010 3:19 PM

"Let. Me. Go!" Cecelia tried to struggle and scream, but the jacket sleeves were muffling her. What was she to do now? If she tried to get out surely someone would catch her and call the police!...Were there police in the Slums? No matter, she couldn't take the risk. The only option she had now was to hope Martin noticed something was wrong and he would devise some sort of ultra tricky plan to get her out of the mess she had made. If only.

Cecelia curled up even tighter in the ball, praying the woman would place it back on the ground but of course, no such luck. She could hear how close the woman's voice was, and it seemed as though she was in her lap. The Rollaby sighed and mentally cursed herself for getting into even more trouble that she had been. Poor Martin, all alone! What a great sister she was.

[8][8]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/21/2010 4:31 PM

Martin looked around quickly, trying to find some way to get his sister released from her designer trap. Why, oh why could she just once listen to him? Didn't things always turn out better when she just listened? Another bump sent him flying towards the side of the bus with a slam , and he could feel one of his bones crack. Break? No, crack. Thank goodness.

The younger Rollaby watched intently as the woman cradled her bag in her arms, clearly afraid of the thieves that littered the Slums. Like Cecelia. The tour guide rambled on and on as she made a very sharp turn. This one Martin was not so lucky.

His tiny body was hurled over the edge. "CECELIA! HELP!" He yelled, making contact with the very hard, very dirty ground.

[9][9]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/22/2010 3:30 PM

"Martin?" Cecelia asked. Could that have been her brother, calling out for help? She could have sworn it was his voice and he could have sworn he was screaming her name..

Who was she kidding, of course he was in trouble! And now it was big sister to the rescue! The excitement soon faded as she realized that she would now have to create a big disturbance and get thrown off the bus to find Martin, but he was the most important thing in her life right now so she really didn't have a choice. She sighed and took a breath. Show time.

At once the Blood Rollaby began wriggling wildly until she heard the woman scream. Before she could even brace herself however, the jacket was pulled out of the purse and thrown at the wall, a very disgruntled Cecelia slowly making her way out. "AH! A RODENT!" A rodent? Well excuse her!

She bared her teeth, genuinely offended, and a hand was wrapped around her throat and lifting her off the ground. The tour guide. Of course. "Aw, no worries ma'am. Just a small Rollaby found her way onto the bus. You know Rollabies have a very interesting history-"

Bite. Scream.

At once she was dropped and there was a huge commotion, people jumping up on seats trying to avoid the escaping creature. The tour guide was too busy holding her hand in pain and crying to notice that the Rollaby had quickly evacuated the bus and gone in search of her brother.

Hey, she had it coming.

[10][10]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/01/2010 3:19 PM

This was not good! This was not good at all! Very young, very vulnerable Rollaby's should never be just alone in some dingy forests of the Slums! Martin looked around with wide, panicked eyes, wondering what his next move should be. If he left his spot, then he would run the risk of getting even more lost or finding some very interesting predators...or worse. Animal catchers.

But then again if he just stayed here and another one of those vans came, he would be made into roadkill, and a delicious dish for any passing bear. And if not that then eventually someone, or something he did not like would find him and then he would be in real trouble.

This was all Cecelia's fault! Why couldn't she just be less adventurous? Then again he supposed it was his fault for suggesting to his sister that they go on the stupid bus tour in the first place...

"CECELIA!"

[11][11]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/03/2010 3:21 PM

So maybe the Rollaby had not properly thought out this plan. Right now she was stuck in the middle of no where in the middle of the Slums, her brother no where to be found. And now they were separated and she knew Martin but have been scared...terrified was more like it actually. Cecelia took a deep breath and gazed around her surroundings once, deciding that while she was skipping and hopping merrily on her way she would continue looking for the Snicky. Why not?

"MARTIN!" She called. But of course, there was no answer. Not as if she expected there to be one. Cecelia brushed some leaves away, careful not to trod on any unsuspecting insects, rodents, or more importantly a Snicky . Then again, the irony of the whole situation would be quite funny.

But back to Martin. He was out somewhere in...that direction! The Rollaby pointed in one direction. But then again...hadn't she come from that way? At once she whirled around, confusion suddenly sinking into her mind. This was not good.

This was not good at all.

[12][12]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer