The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Corner of Thieves {Private}

Postby Katniss » 12/20/2010 1:54 AM

Nighttime. The sun had almost completely disappeared and was now a faint ominous glow in the distance. Old disheveled buildings stood next to other ones that had bright glowing light flowing from the glass windows. Bottles and miscellaneous pieces of rubbish surrounded the broken down buildings and a pile of embers in one indicated that there was a meeting of some sorts not that long ago. Night clubs pumped music and bars were filled with boisterous people. Jungle plants lined the outskirts of the city. The air was thick and humid and smog rose into the void.

Saber flew through the empty streets, keeping well away from the alleyways. Who knew what could be down there. Something dark and sinister, no doubt, he thought to himself. He was a batti on a mission, but wasn’t exactly sure of what he was looking for. He knew that the Slums was a thief hideout, but what band of thieves would want him exactly?

He was a thief and hoarded treasure when he could find it. Things that shined or glowed. But what good is a thief when you've got no one to gloat to? No one to suggests items of worth. It was hardly a thief at all. Besides, Saber enjoyed the company of others.

His ears alerted him of the presence of Rattigans tumbling into nearby rubbish bins, searching for scraps of food. And finally, the sun slipped completely below the horizon.

"Ooh! What do you hunt?"
"Wild boars, mostly."
"Well, that's just wrong. I, for one, believe it's cruel to hunt boring people."

The Hidden Route
Katniss
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items

Postby Redd » 12/20/2010 5:57 AM

The night in the city was somewhat different to the night in the country. In the country it was brilliant, glittering like tiny jewels littered over a black velvet rug and if it happened to be a full moon, it was almost as easy to see as if it were day.
The city night was a different matter altogether, so much that it might not have even been called a night at all, rather a darker sky overshadowed by a thick cloud of smog. It cast an artificial darkness, caused by an artificial night. Still, the night in the city was made for thieves and that was exactly the reason why Lance and his gang of thieves called it home.

The Biolune Serraptor slipped through the city as if a ghost, covered by a dark cloak to hide his incandescent markings from passersby. No one would even hear the quiet clicky-click of his sharp claws barely touching the cement pathways as he raced down the alleyways, seeking his destination.
Lance was alone tonight, he had a recruit to deal with - a Leumoo by the name of Else and he needed to get to the meeting area while being undetected. The least amount of times a shady figure was seen, the better.

He ducked into a shadowy run down building, nodding to it's owner - a gruff looking Common Bruma before stepping inside.

Else, the Leumoo galloped down the shadowy alleyway, puffing loudly. She was late, very late! And not to mention very, very lost.
Suddenly she spotted a Batti fluttering around. Oh~! Excellent, some help!

"Excuse me~ Hey you there, Batti!" She cried out, flicking her tail. "You seen a Bruma around here? Y'know, biiig bear like thing with a glowy light thingo on their head?"

Else had never been the best at phrasing her questions.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: Corner of Thieves {Private}

Postby Katniss » 12/20/2010 6:49 AM

Saber was getting nowhere. All the buildings looked the same to him in the dark, their only differences were the condition of them. He was on the verge of giving up, maybe even finding a place to stay, when he spotted a Leumoo out of the corner of his eye. It appeared hysterical, it was yelling out to him for help. And even saying something about a Bruma. Perhaps she knew something about the thieves, or even their location! He settled on the ground in front of her.

“Hello!” he said cheerfully, but even he couldn’t hide the exhaustion in his voice. “What’s this about a Bruma? Who are you looking for?”

"Ooh! What do you hunt?"
"Wild boars, mostly."
"Well, that's just wrong. I, for one, believe it's cruel to hunt boring people."

The Hidden Route
Katniss
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items

Postby Redd » 12/26/2010 8:15 AM

Else planted her hooves into the ground and dug her paws into the earth in an attempt to skid to a stop before running into the Batti. Geez, they did have the ability to stop rather abruptly, didn't they? Not like the reptilian bovine imitation that Else was. Finally, after skidding to a stop (without bowling over the Batti, thankfully) Else considered the Batti, flicking her spines thoughtfully.

"I asked, had you seen a Bruma in the area? I thought you Batti had rather good hearing." She replied, puffing rather rudely. "See, I'm in a hurry and I'm lost. And I need to find a Common Bruma. Y'knooow? A Bruma?"

Else wasn't normally rude, unless she was very worried. And she was very worried. She thought she had taken the right directions. ... First left at Elms Street, second left on Wiston Drive, first right on Dragon's Crescent... or was it second right? Else shook her head, rattling her spines. She had messed up one of the directions, definately. She just had no idea what one. And a Bruma should have been easy to find. With the glow-y streetlamp head and all.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Katniss » 12/27/2010 4:51 AM

The Leumoo skidded to a halt in front of Saber, sending grit flying into his face. He shook his head with discomfort. This Leumoo clearly had no respect for anyone, though he supposed he was in the Slums after all, not in Lamenolai, where people were a bit more civil.

“Of course I can hear you Leumoo,” he said irritably, “I was just thinking to myself that perhaps I was looking for the same Bruma as you.”

He wasn’t sure if it was wise to give away many more details, just in case the thief hideout was not common knowledge. Still, he had listened throughout the day and found the knowledge of a Bruma lighting the way for the new thieves. It was only chance that he had, as there were two men hiding in an alleyway, doing a bit of illicit buying and selling, as far as he could tell. Still, the Leumoo was rough enough looking. He risked it.

“I heard that a Bruma is the sign of the thief hideout. Are you looking for this particular Bruma, by any chance?”
He remembered seeing a faint blue glow in a doorway not that far away. He had overlooked it, thinking it was just your average light, but perhaps it was not. Perhaps it really was the thief hideout.

"Ooh! What do you hunt?"
"Wild boars, mostly."

The Hidden Route
Katniss
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items

Postby Redd » 06/26/2012 12:19 AM

(>8U Here. Have a reply. I will make you use this site. I swear. >8C)

Indeed, the Slums were the poor, derelict, run down part of Lamenolai. Times were hard and poverty was at its best in this district of the city. Else knew that just as well as any citizen of Barakka, and especially since she had to provide for her family, who lived in the Slums. She usually was upbeat and confident but due to her poor upbringing, her social skills weren't exactly all that great.

"You're looking for a Bruma?" She tilted her head quizzically. "Well... yeah, I am. Maybe? I have an uh... meeting with a guy, and I'm supposed to find a Bruma who will tell me where he is."

Her mind raced; perhaps it was a double interview, though she hadn't been told of anything like that. But either way, she supposed it wouldn't matter too much. This was a test of her skills, it wouldn't matter if a Batti was going to be tested either. They must be trying to be efficient and kill two birds with one stone.
"If you're trying to find the same guy as me, we should search together, right?" She replied. "It would be so much more efficient."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Katniss » 06/26/2012 4:18 AM

Hahahaha, I'll try :3

It was quite dark now. Only the flickering street light above Saber allowed him to easily see the Leumoo in front of him. The darkness wasn't a hinderance to him, as his keen sense of hearing would alert him to any sounds, but with darkness comes danger. He was quite aware of this fact, as it had gotten him into a spot of trouble a while ago. With his wings, he would easily be able to escape most forms of danger, but this clumsy Leumoo certainly would not. Working together would help the both of them and would definitely help him find the place that he was looking for. Of course he didn't actually have a meeting with a Bruma, he'd only heard of the place by the word on the street, but he wasn't going to mention that fact.

"Well if we're to search together, we'd best be off now as it is getting dark," he stated, matter-of-factly, giving her a welcoming smile. "I may or may not have seen a faint blue glow in a doorway a few streets back, but I could have overlooked it. Perhaps we could head off in that direction?"

Saber pointed in the general direction in which he had come from.
"If we're to travel together, I must know your name. Mine is Saber".

"Ooh! What do you hunt?"
"Wild boars, mostly."

The Hidden Route
Katniss
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items