The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Snif. Oh God. [P-Chay.]

Postby Celtic » 12/28/2010 9:43 PM

He was a lucain for crying out loud. A LUCAIN. But nooooo, Celtic just had to send him to this dirty place. D': Ororo sniffled, there weren't even any damsels, let alone any in distress. No. He just had to come out here, all by himself, surrounded by trash and hobos and other disgusting people and he didn't even get anything to cover his feet, just because he was straight. Really? Did you have to be gay to care about your paws getting dirty? Cause, the last time he checked, it was a free world! he could wear whatever he liked T ^T and not just what Celtic deemed appropriate. Still though, he hadn't any time to grab anything before she so rudely shoved him out the door and on his way to the Slums. He didn't even have a purpose here anyways. Sniff. How awful. D.

Oh god. Dakota paced alongside his younger brother's side, watching him nitpick his way through the streets. He was about ready to kill him! Really? He wanted booties for this? His paws could be washed, for Zu'hai's Sake! Dakkie shook his head. Why oh why hadn't he been made the dominant one? So much less time could be wasted and his puny brother wouldn't have to outright embaress him every time he opened that hole he called a mouth! Not to mention he wouldn't have to even RUN these errands for that tyrant. Dakkie was far more useful for fighting or something that actually held value! Not petty errands. Dakkie kneeded his paws, or rather tried to, into the ground beneath him, doing him no actual good but sticking his toes into the ground. God. If only he could just disappear. Then this life of misery would be over.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Snif. Oh God. [P-Chay.]

Postby Chayden » 12/30/2010 1:35 AM

Salome

She felt alone in this world - utterly alone. Sure, they'd all look at her, and covet the looking at her for her beauty... But that was all they cared about. It meant nothing to them that there was actually a personality inside of that pretty thing. She wasn't really just a wallflower...
And so she had requested that they move her out of there. The air in the Cirque was stifling, to say the least. She preferred it out here, where the wind that kissed her face was not the wind created by moving creatures.

Her metal cage sat in the most unfitting of places. It had been set down in the center of a muddy street, surrounding by melting cardboard boxes and beggars. The Empty Kuhna ignored them dutifully, keeping silent. They wouldn't have wanted to know what she was thinking, anyway...

Down the lane, she spied a strange Lucain making his way toward her. He didn't seem to notice her there; ah, well. It was probably for the best that he, and the rest of society, left her to rot in this place...

At least she would leave beautiful bones.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/08/2011 4:16 PM

[[I'm an awful person when it comes to replying? 8D! -shot- It won't take me this long ever again. Promise <3]]

Ororo was skipping. He was trying to have a good day despite the smells, the dirt and the homeless people. Oh god those homeless people. They scared him, they scared him baaaad. D8; But shh.. Don't tell anyone that, cause Ororo? Yeah. He's brave. Or at least tries to be really. It doesn't always work out though. Any damsels he comes across that may or may not be in distress? Yeah. They tend to save themselves while Dakkie saves Ororo. :o But, really, he's brave. Don't let his shaking fool you.

Just so happens that Ororo doesn't look where he's going either and today was no exception. Dx "Yeouch! D8" Ororo's left paw instantly had shooting pains (D'8) and he managed to tumble all the way across a cold metal thing. Sniffling like a baby, Ororo laid there for a moment before looking at his attacker, glaring at it D8< That is, until he realized there was a kuhna in said cage looking fairly forlorn.

Dakkie couldn't help but crack at a smile at his younger brother. He was always the dramatic one, not to mention the stupid one. He watched as he fumbled to get to his feet when he saw the kuhna. Dakota didn't really have such a great feeling on this one. She didn't exactly seem like the nicest person in the book. But he couldn't exactly do anything unless Ororo got so frightened he couldn't move. Which he didn't forsee happening soon, especially if the kuhna was female. The ghost of a lucain could only settle down and watch his brother screw things up.

"Uh, um. Hello. I'm dreadfully, uh, sorry that I uh, tripped over your... Cage. Wait. Why in the world are you in this cage? Are you in trouble? Do you need help? D:" Ororo was tripping over his words almost as badly as he tripped over her cage. But, he never knew when to shut up so if she didn't respond soon, he'd probably just spurt out some random nonsense until she stopped him.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Chayden » 01/09/2011 3:02 AM

(Don't worry - I'll probably be awful with replying now because I have a week of midterms starting the 18th ODO;; So... we can lag together? ;D /shot)

Salome stirred only minimally when the Lucain stumbled over her cage. That was because he did not have to care about her in order to do so. In fact, the stumble would probably give him a reason to hate her, instead of love her. And what was the point of caring for that?

The Empty Kuhna fluttered her feathery wings sullenly. When she was a child, her wings had been white. Why, then, were they black now? She was not dirty. Her overseers drew baths specifically for her each day... It was a prerequisite of her job. Actresses must keep themselves physically attractive.

Haah. She was sick of that! Here she was, out and about as she had asked to be, and still she thought of the Cirque! Was there no escape from that place?!

For once, her face showed some semblance of emotion. Her eyebrows ruffled angrily even though her eyes and mouth remained unchanged. She did not care to think that the Lucain could be offended by her expression; she was utterly inexperienced in social conduct. For that reason, Salome only stared at Ororo as he babbled at her.

"I requested to be out here." she said simply, as if that was answer enough for all of his queries.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate