The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

[Saiken {P}]Who Says War Isn't for Ladies?

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 1:38 AM

Why she had managed to find her way into the Slums, or why she didn’t wasn’t bothered by the fact that she, a pure being of light, was here, she would probably never know or understand.  If there was one thing she had learnt from the Celestial Beings, particularly Hyurakhun, it was that they worked in the most mysterious of ways that she would never understand whatsoever.

For a few moments, she had considered emerging into the Slums in her Shielupe form, but she had decided against it.  She just could not get used to how it was to feel like a canine, or to have a ribbon that was always surrounding her, as opposed to wings and being able to fly.

Besides, if someone from the Pantheon happens to be here—unlikely—I’m sure they’d recognize me quicker if I were in my human form instead of my quadruped form.  After all, I’ve only seem five other Bleached Shielupe running around here today, each one of them looking mangier than the stray dogs in Hisonia, she thought to herself.  There were so many things her mind could have wandered to, but her mind was being drawn—like a moth to a light—outside, where a familiar armor-clad man stood in between two bigger men, who were shouting at him about something.  Sylira could only sigh as she ran outside.

“Maethorion!  What sort of trouble have you gotten yourself into now?” she asked in an annoyed voice.  The blind God of War was always managing to find trouble…

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: [Saiken {P}]Who Says War Isn't for Ladies?

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 1:39 AM

The Chaos Beetanke had heard the voice of his fellow Pantheon member, but amidst all of the yelling going on around him from the two gang leaders, he really could not answer her.  However, after a moment, one of the gang leaders turned his attentions to Sylira, much to Maethorion’s anger.

“Stay out o’ our business wi’ this one, missy,” he spat.  “’e was tryin’ to interfere with a gang war, an’ on all accounts, that puts him at risk of bein’ dealt wi’.”

“As I’ve tried to explain to you gentlemen before,” Maethorion tried to say calmly, glaring with blind eyes over to Sylira as he tried to signal for her to do something—distract one of them, maybe; or just get out of there.  “I am a God of War.  Wherever there is a war, I will not be far away from it.  I do not always instigate the wars, but I always feel called to them.”

“Well, then, maybe ye’ll feel called t’ defend yer lady friend over there,” the other gang leader said, signaling to one of his men to approach Sylira.  The Beetanke, however, had anticipated such a move.

“Now, Sylira!” he cried, leaping into the air.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 4:54 PM

Sylira sighed as Maethorion gave the signal; one of the things that Sylira was hoping to not have to do in this town was use her powers to create a diversion of some sort.  However, now that the attention of the gang leaders was on her, she really had no other choice then to use her powers.

“Cumhachtaí Solas, éisteacht le mo ghlao anois. Tar chugam, Solas naofa o; threorú agus a garda dom anois, agus sinn araon a chosaint ó dhochar!” Sylira said, a ball of light forming on the staff that she had simultaneously summoned and hurling it at the two gang leaders.

“You know, Maethorion, you really need to learn when to and not to get into other people’s business,” she said once he landed beside her.  “After all, there won’t always be another Pantheon member there to get you out of trouble.”

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/31/2010 4:54 PM

“You need to lighten up a little, Sylira; no pun intended there,” Maethorion said as he drew his sword and gave a warning slash at the two gang leaders.  “I suggest you leave now and settle your war in a more peaceful manner, rather than beating each other to pulps.  That will get you nowhere, even in traditional war.”

As he said this, he turned away from them and looked to Sylira again, offering a small smile as his blind eyes looked into her soft blue ones.

“Now, however, I want to know what in Eruanna’s name you’re doing here, Sylira—this is no place for a Goddess of Light to be!  You could easily be taken advantage of!” he said, his blind eyes widening with worry.

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate