The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Glass Eye ([P] possible PG-13, bad language, and violence)

Postby HunnyBun » 04/29/2011 8:29 PM

(( Possible warning for bad language and possible violence, also Harry Potter nerdy stuff! ))

He wasn't a man that liked being around people, let alone people he didn't know or trust. So the Slums, a place where a person can disappear, was a great place for him to hide out in. Here he could use the shadows to hide his disfigured features and away from most crowds. Sure there were people here, but not as many as most places.
Stepping out from the shadow that cloaked him, his magical electric blue eye swirled around as he examined a near by crowd. He had been tailing them ever since he first stepped into this rotten place and spotted them. Something about the group caught his interest and he decided to keep a close eye on them.

(( Short beginning is short, click image for human form ))

[Mad Eye:1]

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: Glass Eye ([P] possible PG-13, bad language, and violence)

Postby potterchic » 05/02/2011 5:59 PM

The Slums… weren’t all that great of a place for a couple of kids, but it wasn’t like they lived there or anything. This place had a lot of awesome (albeit most likely illegal) stuff for sale, though. The twin Skycracker Kuhnas had yet to find anything of interest today, though. No shady looking guys in trench coats waiting at the corner, no dirty old women gesturing towards them. Romulus reached up and set a hand on his brother’s blond head and turned him a bit to look around a crowd of people. “Ya’ see him?” asked the slightly taller of the brothers as he pointed towards an older man standing around in the shadows. “What do you think he’s selling?”

Remus took a good, long look, then finally answered. “Either something really mediocre, or something really dangerous and probably illegal but awesome. So, do you want to check it out or not?” The younger of the two identical twins tended to let his brother make most of their decisions, especially when it came to things like this.

“Around the crowd or through?” was his answer. Of course he wanted to take the small risk that this would be a waste of time.

“Maybe kind of go in and out through the edges?” Remus said, but immediately Romulus gave him a funny look. “Weave in and out, sort of, that way we’re not too suspicious looking either way.”

((Uh... yeah. You can click the images for human forms, but really, you just need to click one. The only difference between them is half an inch.))
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/02/2011 11:38 PM

What the two boys didn't know was that the moment they pointed at the stranger in the shadows he had spotted them. The glass eye in his left socket zooming in on them, wondering why they had motioned to him. A growl escaped as the stranger wondered if they were deciding to walk over to him. Something he would rather go on without happening.
Just his luck, he comes to this hell hole to get away from the crowds just to be targeted out. Another growl as he looked around for some way to hide or escape in case they headed his way. He could turn round and walk to the other side of the alley. Then just mingle with the small crowds around the shops. But then he wold have to deal with other people motioning towards him. Another thing he could live without.
He could just head home, todays was an uneventful day. Nothing had really happened, and he didn't think anything was going to happen. Plus it would keep him from dealing with these two boys.

[Mad Eye:2]

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 05/03/2011 5:26 PM

Something about the man caught Remus's attention, and he grabbed his brother by the arm. "Hey. That thing. Strapped to his head. You think it's, like, some sort of tiny telescope? Maybe that's what he's selling. Would that be worth it?"

Romulus pulled away to walk into the crowd, and of course his younger brother followed him. "If you're right, it depends on the quality. Of course, that could just be an eye patch that he decided to decorate," he said matter-of-factly. The younger Kuhna snorted.

"Okay, forget the idea about the strap and stuff, but I just have to question your logic. You really think someone in the Slums would decorate an eye patch? The way he's hiding over there, I don't think he wants to stand out all that much. I think I was probably right about whatever he's selling being illegal." The two of them went a little deeper in the crowd, bouncing right off of several people as they shoved their way through. They didn't bother with apologizing, considering where they were.

"Fine, but it still doesn't explain the... I dunno, blueness?" Romulus said as they came back out of the crowd. Remus was about to reply when his twin yanked him towards a nearby shop. "Wait, what's- oh, never mind." Remus rolled his eyes.

"Let's just keep going. You got me excited over that... guy... already, so I've got to see what he's got. Stop getting distracted."

"Fine, I'm sorry... Aw, man, what if he's only selling watches?"

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/03/2011 6:36 PM

They acted like they weren't really going to both him, and even seemed to be interested in another shop. That was good, better to loose peoples interest on him then have people flock around. He growled, if two little kids could point him out, anyone could. So he decided to find a better hiding place, somewhere no one would notice him.
Turning around, he hobbled towards the other end of the alley, the only way he could walk with his fake left leg. Trying his hardest to keep to the shadow, he seemed to just melt away. He hoped the boys wouldn't have noticed, they might decide to follow.

(( Small post is small ))

[Mad Eye:3]

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 05/03/2011 7:46 PM

The two boys emerged from the crowd again and saw... nothing. "Where'd he go!" Romulus immediately yelled, making a few of the closest people stare.

"Shh! You're going to get us into trouble. Anyway, he probably thought we weren't really interested thanks to the fact that you got sidetracked." Remus hissed, glaring at his older brother. That man would probably be the only interesting thing they saw all day!

"Fine, fine. Still... we weren't supposed to seem suspicious. Just in case it was illegal, you know? So can't we both take the blame?" Romulus looked around while he spoke, both looking for the man and something else to do.

"No." Remus said flatly, although he was beginning to smile a bit.

"Okay, so... How about we see what this crowd is all about? There's gotta be a reason why they're all here. You think that something cool is for sale? Something that isn't all that dangerous, I guess..." The younger brother laughed.

"We're in the Slums, Romulus. It could very well be dangerous. This isn't Terrace Park. You don't know what's going on until you experience it."

Romulus thought for a moment, then lead his brother around the crowd a bit. "That was very well thought out. Maybe not worded very well, but the message was okay." Again, the younger twin rolled his eyes. "Let's check it out. We could ask around a little, but I'm not sure that they'd tell a couple kids. You think you're small enough to make your way through?"

"Hmmm... I wonder... You know, you're older. Maybe you should do it, that way you don't put your poor baby brother in danger."

"Fine, we stay together, although really, I think it'd be more of a risk to stand around out here on your own."

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/03/2011 8:06 PM

He looked back, checking to see if the boys had decided to follow. It seemed that they weren't, and a sigh of relief escaped his mouth. Poking his head out of the other end of the alley, he didn't see anything interesting. No groups or stores, this road seemed vacant. He sighed again, this time it was because there was nothing interesting to spy on. Those nosey kids had to go and ruin everything.
He looked back, it seemed the boys had disappeared. Maybe they were gone, and he could keep spying over there? He decided to head back, else he would have to head home. Slowly approaching the other exit again, he peered into the crowd, checking to make sure those boys were gone.

[Mad Eye:4]

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 05/03/2011 8:20 PM

((Sorry for the lack of any action, but I don't want to pull things in a direction that you might not be interested in.))

The boys' plan... didn't really work out. The further they got into the crowd, the more determined people seemed to get rid of them. People stood more closely, and a few had no problem with shoving the kids around a bit, so they shoved right back. Of course, in the end they didn't have enough power to get into the core, just being a couple of 5'4" (well, in Romulus's case, although Remus was close) kids who weren't exactly muscular. As they were knocked around, Remus could've sworn he saw movement where the old man had been standing, but with all the people crowding his view, he couldn't be sure.

"Is it just me, or has this crowd grown a bit?" Remus asked, a bit out of breath.

"Trust me, it's just you." Romulus replied, although he wasn't really sure.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/03/2011 10:09 PM

It didn't take him long to spot the kids. They were being shoved around, and stuck out like sore thumbs. He sighed, they seemed like they were really getting bullied around. And he knew he should go over there and help. He growled at the thought, but rolled his normal eye, he didn't have a choice. Hobbling over, he pushed his way through the first layers of the crowd towards the boys. It wasn't to hard, seeing as the moment anyone seen him they jumped out of the way.
" 'Ey! Leave dem lads alone!" He shouted, his voice low and cold.
Everyones head's spun around and stared at him the moment he spoke. Their expressions showing their fear for him, most likely because of how he looked.

(( I'm not perfect at Moody's accent, so don't grill me for it ))

[Mad Eye:5 Level Up ---> Lv. 2]

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 05/08/2011 12:17 PM

((Sorry for not posting. Things are beginning to get hectic and I've only been able to pop on and off a bit. Field trips and stuff are coming up at school, yesterday was my parents' anniversary, today is Mother's Day... Yeah. I didn't feel comfortable trying to cram in a post that would be even worse than my usual.))

"Yeah! You should leave us alone! Jeeze, we jut want to see what you guys are all doing..." Romulus said. His speech sounded oddly... acted. Remus shook his head, then glanced around. The people HAD been frightened by the man, but now they didn't look that happy. Remus figured that was his brother's fault. His brother who didn't seem to notice how things were beginning to turn. "Hey, Remus, it's that guy!" He whispered to his younger twin.

"No, really?" Remus said sarcastically. "Let's go."

"Why should we go, I thought we were gonna go-" Romulus glanced at the people, who had not failed to notice the boys' whispering. "Right."

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/08/2011 11:35 PM

(( It's okay, I understand RL X3 This might not be that great cause I accidentally deleted the post I was working on three times DX ))

"Well, ya 'eard dem. Let da lads 'ave a look." He added to Romulus's statement, putting his hands behind his back.
The heads in the group turned from the boys back to the mysterious stranger. Their expressions showed anger instead of the fear from before. One man in particular walked up to him and poked a finger into his large chest.
"Yeah? And what are you gonna do 'bout it?" He asked, his voice sounded fierce.
If anyone standing behind the man payed any attention to his hands would have noticed a strange stick in his left hand, and they would have noticed him flicking the stick as the man had poked him.
Right after the man from the group had spoke, he suddenly stood straight up, looking like he was lost and very confused.
"Where...where am I?" He stammered. The rest of the group looking at him with even more of a confused expression.
"Yer in da Slums, 'nd dis is not a great place da be. Yeh should 'ead 'ome." The mysterious man suggested.
The man from the group nodded slowly, then made his way through the group and headed off. Leaving the people that still stood there dumbfounded. The sounds of "What the" 's and "How'd he do that" 's could be heard roaring from the group.
The man crossed his arm and looked around, his magical eye spinning back and fourth through the crowd.
"Now, let dem through." He said very demanding and calmly.

(( If you can guess what spell he used, you get a cookie XD ))

[Mad Eye:1]

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 05/14/2011 2:12 PM

((Sorry, more school stuff + laziness = no good for you. D: My school year is almost over, though.
The spell... I think he probably Confunded the guy, although I guess he could've Obliviated him. But seriously, I'm thinking Confundus.))

"There's really nothing for these little... children here," one woman said. Romulus was already making his way closer to the center of the crowd, though, dragging Remus behind him. The younger brother was getting an odd feeling about all this. Somehow, he didn't think they would want to be involved with whatever was here.

The people were still reluctant to move, but Moody scared them. Who knew what he could do to them? Remus wondered how he had done that. He had already decided that this man was not the merchant they thought he was, but maybe he had bought some sort of device from someone around here? Was it voodoo, or hypnotism? Or maybe he was a government agent of some sort? This all made him pretty uncomfortable.

He was also noticing how shady most of these people looked. They didn't seem to be the usual type that you'd find in the Slums, the ones who just wanted to make a quick buck. They were a bit more serious. The younger of the twins was considering asking Romulus to just turn back, but he rarely disagreed with his brother, and when he did Romulus always convinced him. They'd never done anything that seemed this dangerous before, though. "We never thanked that man." That was all Remus could think of. Romulus didn't seem to hear him, though. Maybe they wouldn't try anything with that old guy around? Remus knew that if he was in their place, he wouldn't.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 05/15/2011 2:06 AM

The man just watched as the two boys made their way through the crowd. He didn't care if there wasn't anything for them, if they wanted to see then they should be allowed. His eyes looked around and examined each person. Something about them was just different. He had wanted to watch them from afar, but instead got mixed up in the events and was now smack dab in the middle of them. He growled lightly, all his plans were ruined. Maybe he should have just gone home?
Now what was he to do? He wasn't quite sure. Though he decided to wait and watch the two boys. Just in case they got into more trouble. Or if one of these shady people made a move at them. No, he wasn't going to let them out of his site, not until he knew they were safe.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 05/20/2011 3:55 PM

((Sorry again. Thankfully, my school year is over as of today.))

Romulus was definitely not happy at this point. Were they moving whatever had drawn them together, just trying to keep the boys away? Or maybe they were telling the truth, there really wasn't anything to see.

"Kids, like our friend over there said, there really isn't anything to see. You're wasting your time. You know, I hear one of those shops to the north is selling some pretty nice firecrackers. They're cheap, too. Why don't you two just run along?" one man stepped into their path and talked to them softly. Remus thought it sounded like a good idea at this point, although he knew his twin was determined to find out what was going on.

"Yeah," someone that they couldn't see through the crowd spoke up. "This is too important for you blondies to wreck it!"

The first man's face started turning red. "Can't you keep your mouth shut?!"

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate