The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Journey through the Slums [Private, me and Freezair]

Postby RabbitsPaw » 04/30/2011 5:57 AM

Arrow dashed along the dirty street, his chest rising and falling in a fast pace. He cursed himself for trying to steal some snacks from that bar on the other side of the town. It was quite obvious that the owner saw him, and wasn't pleased. And now Arrow was forced to flee away from that maniac who swore to deal death to that 'stinking pest'. Somewhere in his mind, Arrow felt disgusted over the fact that people thought that Rattigans were unintelligent thieves. He stole food because there wasn't a single decent food store in town, everything in those were half rotten.

He stopped when he saw a trashcan, and climbed up along it, his strong claws being able to grab the metal surface. He then slunk inside it, and tensed his ears to listen after any suspicious footsteps that might be the bartender looking for him. He didn't understand why they were so serious about food here. The only thing he knew was his belly, that kept aching from not being fed enough. On top of that, his fur was dull, untidy after the disgusting, dirty climate, a combination of dirt and rain.

He had come here because there were rumors about somebody having a mission for anybody capable, and the reward would be great. The location was in this dump, so Arrow had gone here, only to be met by thieves who had stolen his money and possessions, and now he didn't know the way out of here. They had stolen his map, which was very important for this journey. He sighed silently to himself, and looked around in the dirty, vile smelling trashcan. He felt so stupid.

1/5
~The mind is our universe, and we are its god.~

~This one's zoo pen~This one's Journal~More about This One
RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 241
Donate

Re: Journey through the Slums [Private, me and Freezair]

Postby Freezair » 04/30/2011 2:00 PM

There are the Slums, and there are the Slums. This place, from what Six Pac could tell, was the former. A bit dingy, perhaps, and not the best taken care-of place, but it was almost assuredly not as bad as it looked around the edges. That tavern there smelled more like onion rings and hamburgers than beer, so it was probably almost respectable. A rich person might not want to walk here alone at night, but Six had grown up in the latter section of the area, and had been a child of street gangs. He did not fear much here.

He heard a sudden rattling, and looked toward his left. Was his nightly constitutional about to be interrupted by a mugger or pickpocket? But the Rattegan he saw bore no knife, and his... peculiar body needn't worry about the man's claws or teeth. Or was it a woman? Six couldn't tell.

But rooting around in the trash, now, that was universal, as was Six's greeting. "I feel you, brother," he said, his voice a low hiss of sympathy.

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby RabbitsPaw » 05/01/2011 3:12 AM

He first flinched from a hiss that echoed through the trash can, but when Arrow looked up, he could see a face that looked more dead than alive. He kept his cool, and climbed up to the edge so he got closer to it. "You.. feel. Well, I assume that's good. Say, you don't happen to be sent from a bartender would you? If you are, just tell him that I will get to it later.." Arrow could feel his muscles tensing. In this state, he wasn't fit for a fight, and he had figured that the hunger was preventing him from thinking clearly. In a good state, he could have used his tracking skills to get out of here. "I.. am Arrow, by the way. Just so you know."

He now remembered what this species was called. A Relowockee. There was something reassuring with the bright colors he wore. Arrow had pictured that all inhabitants here were shady characters, that preferred to be unseen.

2/5

RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/01/2011 2:07 PM

"Naw man. It's coo'. I understand if you didn't pay your tab, brother." The little Rattegan looked frightened of him. Probably thought he was a gorilla sent to collect some money or something. Six Pac wrapped himself up in his memories of the old days. He knew why people did it, here--lost themselves in alcohol and worse, to forget their troubles, and being clean himself, he always thought it was a bit sad. Money spent toward that stuff could be money spent toward getting out of those bad parts of town. But sometimes the addictions were easier to feed than the cure.

"Which bar you get thrown out of? This ain't really such a bad part of town; just look it. I know a coupla guys around here; used to go play pool here every once in a while. If you've got bills, I might know somebody."

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RabbitsPaw » 05/02/2011 1:51 AM

Arrow felt like letting out a calm sigh. It was obvious that this guy wasn't trying to fool him, he could hear it in his voice. He thought it was a bit odd that he called him 'brother', but he guessed that it depends on where one comes from, which part of the world. He was kind of baffled that the Relowockee said that this wasn't such a bad part of the town, the whole town was bad, Arrow thought.

He had to think for a moment to remember the name. "The bar's name was 'Ace of Spades'. It lies quite a bit from here." He looked for a moment in the trashcan, not knowing why. Then he faced the guy again, saying: "Oh, and I would be very grateful for any help with the bill. Thank you."

3/5

RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/02/2011 3:07 AM

"'Ace of Spades?' Can't say I know that dive," Six Pac shrugged. "But I got some money in my pocket. I'll help. Earn my brownie points for the day. Watchoo blow your money on? More beers than you could afford?" That seemed kind of doubtful at first. How many drinks could a Rattegan pack away? Then again, maybe the kid had a human form, like some critters he knew of, and was just in this one to lay low. Or maybe the he bought some for his buddies. Either or. "Maybe you bet on a game and lost? S'okay, man. I got problems of my own. You can spill to me."

Already, Six Pac was sizing up his troubles against what this Rattegan's might be, and was wondering who had the worst. Six Pac had gotten away from this place--the bars, the gangs, the pretty Lucain and their shady clientelle. He lived in a place where nobody held him at knifepoint anymore, where there was enough food at every meal to leave him feeling full, and he didn't fear for his family every night. But then again... No. He was not thinking about that. Not tonight, anyway.

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RabbitsPaw » 05/02/2011 1:38 PM

"Well, not really, no." Arrow said. "And besides, I don't drink." The normal noises of a city rung through his ears, but they felt far away with his stomach constantly rumbling. He didn't know if the other guy could hear it. He thought about the long scenario from when he first entered this place, to the moment he climbed into the trash can. He decided to leave some details out, he didn't want to be too trusting.

"I was actually on my way here to meet someone. But it seems that this person was a fraud, and I became attacked by those who had plotted it. They stole the little important belongings I had brought, for example my money and my map, and now I'm kind of lost.. and broke. And hungry." He was glad to tell this, because he didn't want to be mistaken for some alcoholic or anything. Arrow could be a bit of a diva sometimes.

4/5

RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/02/2011 2:01 PM

"You new to this part of town, brother?" Six Pac asked. It could have come across as a very sarcastic question, but Six Pac still kept his tone of voice very even and sympathetic. "Seriously. Ain't a good idea to trust people 'round here without gettin' someone to vet for 'em. Everybody needs extra cash in this world, and some of 'em will do anything to get it."

Which probably brought up the question of why Six Pac himself was so willing to lend assistance to a stranger, who might well be out to spend his money on booze or worse, despite what he said. Maybe the gangs hadn't quite beaten the trust out of him after all.

"You gotta stick with me," Six Pac said. "Both for your own safety and mine. But I know a place that's pretty good; a safe haven, y'might call it... I'll fill ya up and call ya a cab so you can get somewhere better. Unless you're determined to find whatever that job was..."

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RabbitsPaw » 05/05/2011 10:41 AM

All Arrow's focus was on his stomach, so he quickly said without thinking: "Yes, please. I'd be glad to get somewhere else, I'm exhausted and hungry so I could need it." He scrambled down the trashcan, and let himself sit on the ground, looking up at the stranger. "I'll stick with you." He swung his naked tail back and forth, playing with the fire on his back.

It was getting darker than it already had been, and he thought he could see shadows moving in the corner of his eye. A whisper in his mind wondered if he still could trust this guy. In a way, he felt kind of too helpful. "Before moving, may I ask for your name?" Arrow thought it would be wise to ask this.

Level up- 5/10

[Sorry for the lame post. >_< I'm kind of tired, so it didn't turn out very good.]

RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/05/2011 3:04 PM

"Name's Six," Six Pac replied. "Six Pac, like a crate o' pop or a pair of sweet abs. And what do you go by, brother?" Six Pac walked slowly, to ensure that he didn't get too far ahead of the little Rattegan. His body tensed with the desire to step faster, but he held back.

But just in case it could be better, he thought he'd ask.

"Do you have yourself a human form, bro? If you were only lyin' low as a Rattegan, well, you're safe with me. If not, though, maybe you'd prefer a ride to hoofin' it. No 'fence ment, naturally, but I don't like accidentally steppin' on my friends or their extremities, you dig?"

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RabbitsPaw » 05/08/2011 9:06 AM

Arrow carefully watched Six Pac, he possessed an interesting name. He wondered where he had gotten it from. He also saw that the guy looked a bit tense, as if there was something wrong. But Arrow decided it would be wiser not to care about it right now.

He smelled the air, feeling reeking scents that he didn't even want to know what it was or where it came from. "As said, my name is Arrow. I am a normal Rattegan, and don't have the ability to change shape." As Six mentioned the extremities, he realized that the guy was pretty big, and Arrow felt nauseous by the thought.

He gently used his claws to grab the white fur, and made his way up to the back. He could see a lot better from up here. Unfortunately it wasn't a pretty sight. Houses ready to fall, trash as far as the eye could see. He decided to focus on Six Pac's fur instead.

6/10

RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/08/2011 2:49 PM

"You in tight there, bro?" Six Pac felt the little ratty paws sinking into his fur. It tugged a little, but if it meant the little guy was secure, that was fine by him. Six walked on, looking over his shoulder once in a while to make sure his new friend was OK.

Soon, he came to a small, squat building, nestled in between the others. Though slightly rickety and ramshackle, the roof didn't look as if it was going to collapse any time soon, and the lights were bright and warm. The smells of food drifted out--mostly fried, but then again, few people went to a pub for lobster tail. A tall, dour-faced human stood guard over the entrance.

"Don't worry," Six Pac said. "He's just there to keep out people with a beef with the management, y'know? He only bites if you start somethin'." Six waved a paw at him, and the man nodded him forward without breaking his scowl.

"Alright, then. In we go."

[6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RabbitsPaw » 05/14/2011 2:36 PM

[Sorry for taking such time to post. I blame school.. And I'll be gone for some more days, it's a school trip.]

Arrow climbed down Six Pac's leg. He didn't want to be so visible to other people who may have difficulties with 'pests', even though he had been told the place was safe. He tried to focus at the task at hand, even though he wasn't sure exactly what it was. He walked behind Six, and kept smelling food all over the place. He felt his mouth water, and his stomach moaning.

Looking down at his paws, he thought about returning home.. wherever that was. He didn't want to stay in this dark, urban place, that made him feel like an outsider. Arrow didn't demand luxury, but he didn't have any possessions left after the thieves took it. He just wanted some food, sleep, a map, and the chance to leave.

7/10

RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/16/2011 12:39 PM

((No prob. I was away helping a friend move for a few days, so I'm just as guilty. :P))

Six noticed the tenseness in Arrow's body. "You still scared, bro?" He bend his head down towards the little Rattegan's face. "Don't worry. Don't do anything they'll have problems with, and you'll be cool here, bro. Follow me." Six Pac lead the way to a table. One waiter was already piling a stack of phone books on one chair so Arrow would have something to climb up and sit on. Six Pac simply knelt on one side of the table in a dog-like fashion, waiting for Arrow.

"We can get some drinks if ya like," Six said. "Water? Somethin' a bit more bubbly? Juice, maybe? This tab's all mine, so don't worry about payin'."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RabbitsPaw » 05/26/2011 11:10 AM

Arrow elegantly hopped up with his front paws, his claws just gently scratching the books. He then sat on a spot where he felt balanced and wouldn't tip over. He still felt a bit short for the table, but he could reach it, and decided not to make a fuzz about it.

When hearing Six's offer, he twitched his ear to confirm that he had heard it. He felt as if he had walked in a desert, craving some kind of fluid for his thirsty mouth. "I would really appreciate some apple juice, thank you."

Suddenly Arrow could hear an orchestra starting to play. He was surprised, because he hadn't seen something like that the short time he had been in this town. The soft sound of stroked violin strings made him relax, and his body slumped a little, giving kind of a lazy expression.

8/10

RabbitsPaw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Next