The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Not exactly Caspar the friendly ghost...(P)

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/22/2011 6:03 PM

Xila
A young girl was leaning on a lamp post, watching the street and the people in front of her with piercing, purple eyes. She wore an battered black sweater, that hung loosely from her thin frame, and under that a purple washed out tank top. Her trousers where gray and did not look much better. The only real color was a bright purple hairband, that she wore over her long and straight, but thick black hair with oddly dray streaks.
She tapped one foot and crossed her arms in front of her chest, partly because of being annoyed, partly because she was cold. The rain that fell earlier this day made the normally warm air chilling cold, and she hated this weather. She looked at her beaten up watch again and sighed.
Of course they would need some time, their office was not located around here. What a nightmare...a annoying, stupid and unneccesary. Still, one could not choose to have a ghost around...unless one got rid of him.

She first did not even believe in ghosts, not really at last. But after some very creepy occurences in her flat, and also around her, no matter where she really was, convinced her otherwise. She was pretty sure who that ghost might be even. It was just an assumption, but it was her best bet. Being a sort of unlearned doctor was no easy job. and lately, she had some rather severe cases, one of the later ones, a young man who was shot close to the chest, did not survive the first night he was at her little 'praxis'. She was not really touched by that, having seen plenty of people die in her 16 year long life, some of them close people to her. However, she guessed that this particular one was not...completely gone. and that he was angry that she could not save him or  something along those lines. Honestly, she did not care, she just wanted that thing gone. She had no real sleep for almost 3 days now. yesterday she finally decidet to get some help, and stumbled over those two...Ghost hunters or whatever they called themselves.  She made a call to their office, and now she was standing here, having agreed to meet them out here, after she almost got a low flying plate to her head. that poltergeist really got quite agressive. it seemed to be quite as long as there where a lot of people around her,so going out was the best bet she had. So here she was, standing on the wet pavement and waited for the ghostbusters to show up...Wata and Randell where they'r name if she remembered correctly...now that could get quite interesting.  

(human form for now, basically for me to get a hold of how she might look XDD but might switch to quad later :3)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Not exactly Caspar the friendly ghost...(P)

Postby Krystalolive » 07/22/2011 7:23 PM

"You're saying that someone actually called the office? That's amazing."
The young man who said this walked down the rather wet sidewalk, looking for this so called 'client' Randall kept insisting that they had.
"No really, she called up the office saying that some ghost was bothering her and she wanted our help trying to get rid of him." Watanuki looked up at Randell, who towered over him. Well, Randel towered over everyone really. He easily passed six feet, almost reaching seven. Watanuki sighed and nodded. "Alright, alright, I believe you." Honestly he had believed the Headless kuhna all along, since it was rare, almost impossible, for Randel to actually lie to anyone. He was one of those 'gentle giant' like guys. "Did she say her name?" Wata looked up at Randel, who nodded. "Yes, I believe her name is Xila if I heard her correctly. She said she'd met us around here." Randell looked around, causing Wata to sigh and point over at the young lady a bit away from them. "Like right there?" Randel looked over, then nodded. "Yeah." He walked over, smiling and holding out a hand to shake. "Hello, are you Miss Xila?"

((Human sounds fine.))
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/23/2011 5:53 AM

Xila's eyes widened slightly when she saw the giant of a man walk towards her, but took his hand and shook it none the less " Ah yes, thats me" She answered, a relieved smile appeared on her face. She noticed his voice from the phone call she made earlier "You must be Mr. Randel and Mr Watanuki" She said, hoping that she remembered the names correctly. "So uh...I thought that it would be a better idea if we met up somewhere outside of my flat because...well it pretty much ran amok this morning, and it seems to hate big crowds, so...I think we really should not go in there again as long as we...you...get some plans together" she looked around unsurely."Maybe we could sit ourselves into one of the bigger bars or something." She looked nervous and tired, but still had that friendly and slightly mishivous smile on her face.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 07/24/2011 1:37 AM

Randel smiled and nodded, while Watanuki stood beside him. "Yes, I'm Randel, and this is Watanuki." Randel looked at Wata, who sighed and nodded, then looked at Xila with a more business like look. "Yes, sitting in one of the bars sounds fine. We can discuss the details of your problem there." He paused, trying to remember what information Randel told him after the other got off the phone with her. Honestly, Wata hadn't really paid that much attention to what he was saying, figuring that it was just another prank call. "If I remember right, I think Randel said that you were a... Medic of sorts?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/24/2011 6:39 PM

"good!" Xila said, a cheery smile spreading on her face "I know one just around the corner that is a little less...greasy then most others" she lead the way, but when Wata asked her about her profession, she slowed down slightly, casting a nervous look over her shoulder. "well yes but...uh...I would prefer if we could talk about that when we're in the bar, if you dont mind." they actually where only a minute away from it, and as soon as they stepped in, she plopped down on a chair, greeting the bartender. She obviously was often here. "so. sory for the confusion before" she waited untill the two men where seated. "yes, i am a sort of medic but I...uh lets just say that I'm not oficcially one, and what i do is not exactly legal. I help people out who, for one reason or another, are injured but dont want or cant go to a hospital. the people know me around here..." she said all that relatively casually, but she was also a little unsure about telling all this. "Anyhow, this...ghost has been bugging me for almost 2 weeks now. Started out relatively harmless, but it got pretty nasty lately. it also seems to follow me, as i said. is that normal?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 07/25/2011 7:31 PM

Watanuki and Randel followed her into the bar. When they walked in, Wata got few looks, since most eyes went straight to Randel. Wata rolled his eyes, then sat down across from Xila. While she was explaining her being an unofficial medic, Wata nodded. "I understand. A.... 'family' member of mine owns a club around here, so I'm used to hearing stories about some things in the Slums. Atleast you're doing it for a decent cause and helping people." He listened to her explain her ghost problem, thinking about it while Randel just sat there a bit awkwardly, giving friendly waves to some of the guys that looked at him suspiciously. Wata glanced at Randel and sighed, then looked back at Xila with his business face again. "Well, to be honest, there's nothing really considered 'normal' when it comes to ghosts. All the ones I've run into seem to be completely different from each other. It's rather hard to figure out what needs to be done until we learn a bit more the spirit." Honestly, they actually hadn't had that many jobs. They weren't really well known, and they just got an official building. Before they just took jobs as they found them. Watanuki thought about it, then frowned. "And it's being violent? I guess it's good that I brought you along then Randel." He looked up at the human form kuhna, who looked down at him and smiled. "Glad to be of help."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/26/2011 8:03 AM

Xila looked relived when Wata seemed to at least understand her...business situation. She was afraid that he might be one of those people who would think it as criminal and thus bad in a way.
"ah okay, I did not know that" She answered to Wata's explanation about Ghosts, smiling a little awkwardly "My knowledge about ghosts and the like goes as far as child stories, horror movies and the accosional bits and bites of half- knowledge that one picks up here and there I'm afraid" She nodded "yep, it is pretty agressive. At the beginning it was just some...rattling in the cupboard and minor stuff like that, tho it scared me senseless the first times that happened. However, as soon as I got merely annoyed by it, it began to do stuff that was less funny, beginning with breaking my Tv to throw stuff around, some of it heavy. Problem is that it wont just attack me, but also patients, as I had to find out lately, and it seems to be even more malovant towards them then towards me." she stopped a moment, chewing on her lip"and...i have the sinking feeling that it might be the ghost of one of my...unluckier patients. I cant do wonders, and some of the patients come to me in a very bad condition. as sad as this is, they some times just die away in front of me. I think that the ghost might be...jealous towards my other patients? or wants to punish me for my failure?"She said all that without much emotion or pitty in her voice, giving away that she simply had seen and lived through a lot, not letting the deaths of patients get too close to her. "of course, that are just assumptions, I am no professional"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 07/29/2011 2:15 AM

Watanuki listened to her, then nodded. "Well, since you don't seem to have had trouble before, I can't say that the place is haunted from something previous to you living there. A former patient sounds about right. Did you have any patients pass away close to when it all started?" Randel sat there patiently while Watanuki worked out everything, wondering if he was going to have to fight this ghost. It wasn't that Randel didn't want to help, he just didn't like fighting ghosts most of the time. Usually they just don't know any better, and were confused or upset and after a bit of talking they calmed down just enough so they could be talked out of causing problems. Although, every once and a while it was just an evil spirit who liked hurting people, and when it was one of those, Randel didn't mind fighting it. Randel looked at Xila. 'Although... A former patient doesn't really sound like a bad guy... Although, this IS the Slums. Hmm....
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/31/2011 4:23 PM

Xila tilted her head slightly, then nodded "jes, sadly there was a young man who passed away relatively shortly before all this...stuff happened, thats what actually got me the idea that it might be him or an other patient.Poor guy got shot in the chest twice, zu'hai knows why or by whom. His friends who brought him to me and later...uh...'fetched' him again seemed a little sha-"
Before she could say anything else, a blonde, slightly scrawny waitress scuttled over, not really seeming to pay attention to them, as her eyes where fixed on the paper and pen she was carrying. "What can I bring you honey?"
she slurred at Xila. "-dy. Cherry coke please" The waitress scribbled it down, now looking up at Wata and Randel, almost dropping her pen at the sight of the very big man, staring at him with a bit of a dumb expression on her features. Xila shot her a almost poisenous glare and hissed sharply "Heather...", before 'Heather' finally snapped out of it and cleared her throat, obviously still a little shaken up. "oh ehhhh...jeah, and for you, gentlemen?"
Xila rolled her eyes and threw a shy, aplologing smile over to Randel and Wata.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 07/31/2011 10:18 PM

Watanuki frowned and thought about what she said, about to say something when the waitress walked over. He watched her notice Randel, making Wata smirk slightly. Seeing people different reactions to the gentle giant were always fun to watch. "I'll just have a water please ma'am." Randel, who looked a bit worried for the lady when she seemed shocked, glancing behind him to see what she was looking at before realizing it was him. He looked back at her and smiled one of his friendly smiles. "A water for me too please."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/02/2011 10:07 AM

The Waitress nodded and forced her smile back on her features, seeming to at least try to be polite
"Okay then, the drinks will be there in a minute" and with that, she hurried off. Xila sat there, facepalming, and
released a big sight when Heather was gone. "jeez some people..." she looked at the two men in front of her, almost looking apologetic for the behavior of the waitress. "So uhm...do you think that you can like...talk the ghost out of its behavior? I...I mean did that work before?" It seemed to not really sit well with her that they might would have to fight the ghost, specially not if it indeed was one of her former patients.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 08/03/2011 3:57 PM

Randel smiled and shook his head. "No, it's alright really, I'm sorta used to startling people. I hardly even notice it anymore." Watanuki thought for a moment about Xila's questions, then nodded slowly. "I should be able to talk it enough to calm it down. Actually, before I found Randel here, that's all I could do. The majority of the time, a spirit is only angry because it doesn't know that's it's dead, especially if it died in a sudden or violent way. They would just wake up and try to talk to people, and unless it's someone like me, which it rarely is, the other person doesn't even notice the spirit. I can only guess at what it must feel like to try to talk to people and no one even seems to see or hear you..." He paused, then forced a smile. "So yes, hopefully there won't be any need for violence. Maybe the slightest to get him a bit under control if he's too angry."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/14/2011 5:30 PM

Xila frowned slightly "oh...wow I never even thought about the possibility that they might dont notice that they are dead..." She looked genually concerned about that information, biting her lower lip again. "well, that would at least explain the anger and all that..." Their drinks where set down in front of them, and she took a sip of her cherry coke.  "well, i think when we've finished our drinks we can take a quick look at my apartment...you can get a picture of the situation yourself then...that is if it let my apartment stand..." she smiled a little.
"but...one thing I dont understand. Why does it stay with me? if it is tired of being ignored, or searches help, then why does it stick arround?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 08/14/2011 11:13 PM

Watanuki thought about it for a second, then shrugged. "Most ghosts stay in the area that they died, I'm sorry to say, I'm not really sure why. Very rarely will they move somewhere else on their own. Although sometimes they'll get attached to something going by, like if an object or a person they knew in life went near their place of death, they can attach themselves to that and move to a different place that way. Also, they can latch onto someone with high spiritual energy, like me or Randel here." Randel, who was drinking his glass of water stopped and looked over at him name, then smiled and gave a slight wave. Watanuki paused and drank some of his water, thinking. "Heading to your place next sounds best. I mean, we can only do so much without actually meeting the ghost."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/15/2011 12:54 PM

She listened carefully, really slowly really getting interested in those spirits, and not only because
she had a problem with one of her own...she slowly could understand why not a small, but a rather big portion of her species devoted themself to these kind of things, or similar.

When they finished their drinks and payed the still a little startled looking waitress, Xila stood up. "Well then,
my flat is not far from here. Dont be too shocked,the building is a little...uhm...well you'll see yourself."
And they did. The house Xila was talking about seemed to be pretty much only hours from falling apart,missing windows and fixed with what appeared to be patches corrugated iron at times. "believe me, the flat is much cleaner then this" she tried to soothe them,while they walked up the old, creaking stairs. They stopped at the 3rd level, and she pulled out her key, hesitating for a short moment, before jamming the key into the lock."home sweet home..." she murmured, and opened the door a bit. Nothing happened. She opened it fully, now giving free sight of the flat. It was actually really as clean and sterile as it could get in such a location, and surprisingly tidy. She carefully took a few steps into the flat, looking over her shoulder "watch out for your head" she warned Randel, motioning to the ceiling, which really was pretty low. A loud crash let her almost jump, and she turned to the door of her kitchen cursing. "I guess it is following its favorite hobby...smashing plates" she said, adding grumbly "its not like i have much of them anymore..."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next