The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Why are we even here?! [P-Me and Zapdragon]

Postby ajforpresident » 08/11/2011 8:10 AM

Image Void Fellox

"Tell me again why we're here, Fritz?" said a tall man with a black cloak as he walked through the Slums with an annoyed expression on his face. He kind of stood out from the crowd considering his height and attire. He looked at his companion and asked, "Is there anything important here that we have to be in this kind of place?" He saw the numerous pubs, bars, clubs and markets all strewn out all over the place. He passed a bar and a man drunkenly shot out of the place, a bottle of beer in his hand. He hiccuped and swung his arms like a child as he staggered away, humming some little tune as if everything was right with the world.
"Ugh...." The man shook his head as he saw the man walk off. "Honestly, these people have no sense sometimes. They act like damned fools...."
He turned back around and continued walking. The man he was walking with lead the way, seeming to be immensely interested in this place.
"Fritz, can you stop gazing at this place and at least tell me where we're headed to in this god-forsaken dump?"

Image Voltage Fellox

"C'mon, Naiz. It isn't like you to complain like this." Fritz was a bit younger than Naiz, and he blended in a lot more than the taller man did. He wore a regular grey tank top and jeans. He walked with a little pep in his step, since he quite enjoyed the look of this place, unlike Naiz where he somewhat lagged behind.
"Besides, try to enjoy this place. I mean, c'mon! You say it's a dump cause you're not used to these kind of places. Try to keep an open mind. I mean hey, you just might like it."
Naiz grunted.
"Aw, c'mon, stop being a sourpuss. Your sister, Lai went off to go see a friend and she hasn't turned back up yet. And the medicine count back home is getting low. Also, since Lai is the only one who can make the medicine and knows all about that junk, we're in trouble. But, I'm sure that one of this markets here sell medicine." Fritz explained.
"Are you serious?" Naiz exclaimed. "You mean to tell me, that we're here to get medicine in this town?! I can't believe this."
"Well, start believing, buddy. 'Cause you and me are on a mission." Fritz turned around and gave Naiz a playful smirk.
Naiz groaned.
"There you go being a sourpuss again~" Fritz said in an sing-songy voice. He then laughed.
"Alright, I'll stop complaining." Naiz said with a roll of his eyes. "Just don't get too excited. We're only here to get what we need and go. Besides,"
The man's face grew serious. "I don't need you going berserk here. There's a big chance you could in this environment."
Fritz face grew solemn as he said, "I know. I can smell certain things that are piquing my inner self's interests.....but I'm keeping a tab on it."
"Now, c'mon." Fritz said with an amazingly quick change of mood. "Let's go find that medicine!" He started to walk in goofy fashion; it was like he was marching but he was taking long strides and swinging his arms out.
Naiz shook his head but this time he was smiling slightly. He followed Fritz and they both started to look for some markets that could possibly sell medicine.

[Naiz: Level 1; 1] [Fritz: Level 1; 1]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Re: Why are we even here?! [P-Me and Zapdragon]

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/11/2011 3:14 PM

(Click for human form, but add cat ears and two tails. xD)

"Ooooh," Naomi breathed, cradling a twinkling, round stone, which was attached to a thin metal chain, in her hands. She looked up at the shopkeeper with big, curious eyes. "What did you say this thing was called?"

"Black opal," the shopkeeper said, smirking. "It's a pretty little stone; got a wonderful shine when you hold it up to the light." Naomi grinned and did just that, the rainbow light of the gem shining on her pale skin. She put the black opal necklace on and smiled with delight, twirling a few times in place. The shopkeeper laughed. "It looks beautiful on you. You buying?"

Naomi stopped and stared at the man in confusion for a few seconds, then giggled. "Oh, I don't have any money." The shopkeeper's pleasant expression fell and he held out a hand, beckoning for her to give the necklace back. She flattened her ears in disappointment, and obeyed. She didn't really feel like looking at any other shiny things; she couldn't pay for any of them, so why bother? She pivoted around and surveyed the crowd.

She gasped when she saw a rather tall man in the crowd, dressed in all black. He looked kind of annoyed... maybe he was sad! The Kuhna girl trotted up to him and craned her neck to see his face. "Woooow! You're really tall, mister!" Didn't this girl's father ever teacher not to talk to strangers? Yes, yes he did, but when did that ever stop Naomi from trying to cheer up a gloomy-looking bystander? "Are you sad because you're so tall? If I was tall like you, I wouldn't be sad," she said, giggling. "I'd be able to see eeeeverything!"

(11)

(I'll bring in Fuyuki soon. xD)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ajforpresident » 08/11/2011 8:39 PM

"Hmm?"
Naiz turned around to see a young girl who just so happened to notice his height. "Uh...thank you? But I'm not all that tall."
When she commented on him being sad because he was tall, the man couldn't help but give small laugh. "No, I'm not upset because I'm tall. Though it is a bit of an inconvenience in this kind of place."

Fritz was still walking when he noticed Naiz wasn't following him anymore. "Naiz?" He exclaimed, searching around for his companion. He then caught sight of Naiz talking to a little girl.
"Huh? What's he doing?"
He walked back over and tapped Naiz on the shoulder. "C'mon, Naiz. Let's go. I know that your childhood sucked when you were young 'cause you couldn't really converse with kids since you were the son of your pack's leader, but that doesn't mean you need to talk to random kids you find on the street. People could question that, you know."
Naiz turned around and glared at Fritz with his unnerving, blue eyes. "Shut up and don't get the wrong idea, you idiot." His eyes flashed and dared Fritz to say something smart back. Fritz kept his mouth shut.
Naiz then turned back around to face the girl and said, "Excuse my friend, Fritz, here. He's the kind of guy to act stupid at times."
"Hey!"
"By the way," Naiz asked the girl with a slight look of worry on his face. "Where are your parents? You didn't run off without them did you?"
"Maybe they're nearby." Fritz said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Do you know where they are?"

[Naiz: Level 1; 2] [Fritz: Level 1; 2]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/12/2011 12:34 AM

Naomi stood on her toes, as if trying to match the man's height, but only ended up coming up to his waist. It was then when the other man walked up and spoke the tall one's name. "Oh so your name is Naiz!" she exclaimed. And the other one was Fritz? What a funny name! "It's great to meet both of you. My name is Naomi, hehe," she said with a giggle. "Oh, my daddy is probably looking for me," she said, looking around curiously. "He says I wander off a lot. But I'm just exploring!" She paused for a moment, then turned her attention back to Naiz and Fritz. "So what are you two doing here? Are you buying something?"

(12)

(Short-ish post, sorry. xD)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ajforpresident » 08/12/2011 6:55 PM

"So your name's Naomi."
"Cute name." Fritz said with a grin at the girl.

"Well, you'd better make sure you don't get too far off from your father." Naiz said in an adult-like manner to Naomi. "You don't want to get lost."
"Aw, let the kid have fun, Naiz! Like she said, she's only exploring." Fritz said to Naiz giving him a pat on the shoulder.
"I guess..." Naiz wasn't so sure though.

Naomi had asked the two what they were doing here and Fritz was happy to tell her. "We are here on a special mission." He said proudly.
Naiz rolled his eyes. "We're only here to try to find a market that sells medicine."
Fritz gave a childish pout. "Awww! You made it sound lame, Naiz!"
Then the younger man's face lit up. "Hey! Do you possibly know where we could find medicine?" Fritz asked Naomi. "Even medicinal herbs would do."

[Naiz: Level 1; 3] [Fritz: Level 1; 3]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/14/2011 6:06 PM

"Aww, thank you!" Naomi exclaimed at Fritz's comment on her name. "Your name is cute, too! Er... cool, I mean," she added quickly. "Hehe, don't worry mister Naiz! I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am!" she lied. Honestly she wasn't sure where she was exactly... her father had said something about the Slums, and it being a dangerous place. But it couldn't be that dangerous if her father had brought her with him in the first place! Though he probably hadn't intended for her to run off again... Oh well.

"Medicine? Is someone sick?" Naomi asked, suddenly serious. Or at least as serious as a seven-year-old girl could be. "I don't really know anything about herbs... my daddy does, though!" she said, grinning. She looked behind her as if expecting her father to be there, but of course he wasn't, so she turned back to the two men before her. "But I could probably help you find someone who sells medicine!"

(I'll introduce Fuyuki on the next post. xD)

(13)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 08/14/2011 8:07 PM

Fritz chuckled at Naomi's compliment. "Thanks."

Naomi had asked if someone was sick and Naiz shook his head. "No, that's not it. You see, my sister is a healer and she sometimes uses herbs and other medicines to make people feel better. We're starting to become low on supplies and we need more medicine. But my sister is away and she's the only one who knows what plant does what and she's also the only one who can make it. Luckily, we solved one of the problems by finding a book with how to make all the medicines back home, but we still need the herbs. So here we are."

"Hey, that's good enough!" Fritz exclaimed. "If we can find Naomi's father or even find a place that sells medicine, it'll work for us!"
"I guess you're right."
"I know I'm right." Fritz replied in an almost cocky way.
He patted Naomi on the head. "You're gonna be very helpful to us, Naomi."

[Naiz: Level 1; 4] [Fritz" Level 1; 4]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/16/2011 6:43 PM

Naomi responded to the pat on her head with a giggle, swatting away Fritz's hand playfully. "Okay! I can help, yep. Medicine is yucky, but it's important, so we need to find it quickly," she stated matter-of-factly, grabbing Naiz's hand in her right hand and Fritz's in her left. She started dragging them forward in the crowd, when the sound of her father's voice rang out through the crowd.

(Click for human form.)

"Naomi!" Fuyuki ran through the crowd, slamming into a few people and pushing most of them aside in his pursuit of his daughter. "Naomi, where--" The concerned father spotted his daughter walking with two grown men in tow, and immediately drew his sword and ran in front of the three. "Let go of my daughter, or you'll die where you stand," he growled, feline ears flattening maliciously. "And if you've harmed a single hair on her head..."

"No, no, Daddy! These are my friends, Fritz and Naiz!" Naomi let go of their hands and stood in front of her father, stretching her arms out as if it would protect the two from her father's anger. "I was going to help them find some medicine. They need some really bad, so I wanted to help."

Fuyuki's eyes softened for a few seconds, then went steely again as he eyed the two men. "So how much of that is true, hm? 'Fritz' and 'Naiz'?" He figured they'd tell the truth with an armed swordsman in front of them.

(14) (29)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 09/17/2011 6:12 PM

Fritz didn't seem to mind Naomi grabbing hold of his hand and leading Naiz and him to their destination. Naiz, however, was a bit uncomfortable with it. He wasn't used to being lead around. He used to be a leader in his pack, so being lead himself or even getting help by someone else was a bit strange to him, especially if that person just so happened to be a child.

Just as they were about to leave, they happened to hear another voice calling for Naomi. The man must've been her father, judging on the concerned look on his face.
But when the man rushed over, pulled out his sword and threatened to harm the two Felloxes, Naiz immediately bristled up. He didn't like the tone of this man, whether he was Naomi's father or not.

Fritz, sensing Naiz's anger starting to flare at the father, put his hand on his shoulder and murmured, "Down, Naiz. Think rationally like you always do, not by your instincts like me."
Then Naomi went in between the men and her father to protect them from the fatherly wrath of Fuyuki. Fritz smiled at the girl, he was glad she was standing up for them, even though they were strangers.

Naiz took a deep breath and was the first to speak. "I am terribly sorry, sir. I didn't mean to give you the wrong idea.  You see, your daughter was simply showing us a way to a nearby stand that sells medicine. Not to give you too much information but, my sister needs these herbs for when she comes back home. We have started to run low on supplies. Then on our search we bumped into your daughter.  Me and my companion here had asked if she knew where her parents were but she seemed to be unsure. But she did tell us you know a thing or two about herbs. We are new to this place and uncertain on where to go, so may it be alright if you could accompany us?" He gave an apologetic look and bowed slightly to show some respect to Naomi's father.

"That's pretty much in a nutshell why we're here. Only for medicine." Fritz added, with a friendly grin. "So can you help us?"

[Naiz: Level 2; 5; Level up!!] [Fritz: Level 2; 5; Level up!!]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/24/2011 6:00 PM

Fuyuki slowly lowered his sword as Naiz told his story, and finally sheathed it. However, he kept his left hand on it for good measure, in case he needed it. "Very well. I believe you," he said firmly. "But I will be leading from now on. There are probably some herbs growing on the outskirts of the Slums that could help you." He was so intent on Naiz's story he hadn't noticed Naomi running off again, and the realization hit him like the blunt end of a sword. "N-naomi?!" Fuyuki exclaimed, whirling around and standing on his toes to get a better look above the heads of the people in the crowd. "Naomi!"

"Eww, so this thing used to be alive?" Naomi muttered, holding up a dried-out frog by one of its legs. Little did her father know, Naomi was only a few meters away at a rather decrepit-looking shop, run by an equally-decrepit-looking, elderly Dreamsnare Hollowheart woman.

The woman blinked kindly at her with blank, wrinkled eyes and nodded. Naomi hadn't noticed that the woman's mouth was sewn shut, a trait of most Hollowhearts, so she continued talking. "How did you dry it out? Did it hurt it? Or was it dead when you started drying it out? Or did it 'croak' as it was drying? Hehehe!..." Naomi's eyes travelled to a basket of mushrooms near the corner of the shop. "Ooh!" she exclaimed, bending down to pick one up. "Can you eat this?" In response the elderly Hollowheart dashed forward with amazing speed for her age and plucked the mushroom from the child's hands. The woman shook her head and quickly dropped the mushroom back in the basket. She fiddled with the ribbon tied around her head nervously and motioned for Naomi to move away from the apparently-dangerous fungi.

Naomi wrinkled her nose as a sudden smell hit it. "Bleh! What are you making in this pot?" she asked, dashing over to a small wood-stove in the corner. The Hollowheart woman blinked at her once more and pointed to several bottles lining the shelves, marked with messages such as 'take one drop every hour to cure sore throat' or 'mix with food to reduce side effects when taking this for head lice.' "Ohh!" Naomi exclaimed, looking into the pot curiously. "You make medicine, don't you?" The Hollowheart woman smiled and nodded. This child was intelligent and curious, much like the Hollowheart was in her younger days. The woman sighed at the memory and ushered Naomi back to the front of the shop, hoping whoever was looking out for her would spot her and come pick her up.

((I'm thinking the Hollowheart should send them on some sort of journey to either gather materials or find something to trade her... Something like that. xD))

(15) Level up! (30) Level up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 10/24/2011 7:05 PM

((Sounds good. :) ))

Fritz and Naiz had noticed Naomi leaving too and seemed to lose her among the crowd.
"Huh? Where'd she-?" Fritz searched around the sea of people.
Naiz, however, closed his eyes and focused on finding Naomi through her aura. He'd been around her long enough to be able to identify it and almost instantly picked it up.
He then started to walk in the right direction. "I know where she is. Follow me."
Fritz followed Naiz, no questions asked. He noticed that Fuyuki wasn't following and motioned for him to come. "You wanna get your daughter, right? If so, come on. Naiz can sense her."

Naiz eventually caught sight of the young girl near an ancient shop, being held by an elderly, Dreamsnare Hollowheart woman. When Fritz and Fuyuki had caught up he pointed her out. "She's quite the....curious one isn't she?" He said with a small, wry smile. Naomi had been asking so many questions, he doubted the woman would answer them all even if she could speak.

Then Naomi asked if the Hollowheart woman made medicine. She had smiled and nodded. This made Naiz and Fritz perk up a bit. Naomi was led out to the front of the store by the woman, and Fritz rushed over and asked the elderly Hollowheart woman, "Hey, is it true that you have medicine?"
Naiz then came up and gave him a good tug on the ear. "That's rude, Fritz. That's no way to come up to someone. Especially to someone older than you."
"Ow! Alright, I get it! Respect your elders, yeesh. Didn't mean to come off as rude, so no need for the violence...." Fritz held on to his ear and started to mumble underneath his breath.
Naiz then bowed deeply and said, "Terribly sorry, Ma'am. My friend here tends to speak and act before he thinks. We had just over heard that you make medicine, and we are currently in need of it. Is there anyway you could sell us some?"

[Naiz: Level 2; 6] [Fritz: Level 2; 6]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate