The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

A Trip Down a Dark Alley Gets You Nowhere (P)

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 6:05 PM

The decayed fenling found himself deep within the Slums. He had always wondered what it was like to wonder around in a place like this, and today his wish was coming true. He had finally plucked up the courage to wander out of his burrow. Leander has always been very self-conscience about his half-dead state, so he never really got out much. He couldn't stand the looks he got from passing strangers. He realized that as he walked through the slums, however, the looks were few and far between. Why? Well, maybe it was because he fit in to the environment a little better here.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: A Trip Down a Dark Alley Gets You Nowhere (P)

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 7:47 PM

Iska peeked around the corner, her beady eyes watching the decayed fenling. If she could have, she would have liked her lips. She loved the smell of death and decay, and the Slums was the perfect place to go for such things. And, if you had no witnesses, you could easily get away with a mugging or a murder. That's why the marrow corbine was here today. She was ready for a killing, it had been too long since she'd been instructed to go hunt someone down. She had taken it upon herself to find a victim and this fenling seemed to be her target for the time being. He looked like he'd be easy to take down.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 7:59 PM

Leander's one good eye had served his very good so far, but he didn't detect the threat that was behind the corner of the building. As the fenling trotted along he could sense a presence, but he couldn't tell who or what it was, so he just kept going along. He took a right at the next corner instead of a left, so that kept him out of harms was for a little while longer. If only he knew how lucky he was. The creature that was spying on him liked to attack from close distances, so as long as he kept away, he would be good for a little while.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 8:48 PM

Iska cursed under her breath. She couldn't believe the decaying fellow had went the other way! How could he be so smart? She was always so quiet when she hunted, no one ever saw her until the last second. She shook her head and then flapped her wings to get off the ground and follow the fenling. She glided silently after her prey with a look of hunger in her eyes.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 9:59 PM

Leander continued to wander around the Slums completely happy with not being stared at like he was some freak show. He did realize that he was rather odd, what with his decaying flesh and missing eye and all. Thinking those thought depressed him, but for now he could push those feelings away. He turned another corner, and another, still oblivious to the marrow corbine behind him. Ah, the feeling of being unburdened by the looks of strangers. Another thing Leander liked about the slums was its lack of people on the streets all the time. It was nice to be able to walk freely without worrying about running into someone.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/13/2011 9:45 AM

Gah! What was wrong with this fenling?! He was supposed to be easy prey, but now he was just getting too far out of reach. Iska didn't want to flap her wings too loudly because she didn't want him to hear her. But, if she didn't do something fast she would lose him around the next corner. So she sucked it up and flapped her wings to fly a little higher and a little faster. As the fenling rounded the corner, Iska soared past him, accidentally over judging the distance. She cursed under her breath and tried to find a place to land. Like, say... that light pole looked nice. She landed a little clumsily, but once she gained her balance she had a perfect view of the creature she was watching.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2011 5:29 PM

Leander was continuing to mind his own business, just walking around the slums, when he heard wings flapping. He spun around and saw a marrow corbine flying toward him, then past him. The decayed fenling watched the bird fly past him and land on the light pole. The poor thing was clumsy, but Leander couldn't do anything for the bird. He felt sympathy for the feathered being, but it seemed alright. It was now perched happily, watching him. Wait, watching him? Why was the bird watching him?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2011 9:53 PM

Iska continued to watch the fenling, until it noticed her. That one blue eye was staring at her while the other eye was a black eye socket just empty and... eh, she shifted her feet and shivered. That eye was kinda creepy... But, as long as she didn't look at it she was fine. She just hoped that he'd look away soon. She was a little nervous about going after him now that he had seen her. She clicked her beak and looked away, pretending to be interested in something.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/18/2011 12:00 PM

That creepy bird finally looked away! The more Leander had looked at the thing, the more he was freaked out and wanted to run away. Those pinkish eyes seemed to bore into him like they wanted to eat him or something. But the bird glanced away before he had a chance to act of his cowardice. the fenling began to walk away after that. He glanced at the bird every few seconds until he rounded the next corner. It was just creepy how it was sitting there looking around and glancing at him every now an then.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/20/2011 7:43 PM

Iska fluffed her feathers and shifted her feet. She was getting tired of just sitting and waiting. She wanted to take action, but the fenling seemed onto her. So she decided to fly up onto a building where she couldn't be seen as easily. She flapped up as quietly as possible and landed softly. She folded her wings next to her body and looked down to where she could see the decaying creature.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items