The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

.:Anthem of Shadow:. [M/Talcen and I]

Postby Middy » 10/17/2011 7:31 PM

What a filthy mess this place was, condemned buildings, refuse and rubble in the streets, it actually kind of reminded him of the desolate 'city' in Deepground. It had only been close to 2 years since he was out on his own on the surface, the world had been so... odd for him.

Sable kept his eyes focused only on what was in front of him, the rest of the area he could care less about. He may have been wandering without anywhere to go, but deep down that was just that. He had nowhere to really stay now. He jumped up onto a building loosening his metallic wings so that they fell into a relaxed position against the roof.

He closed his eyes, letting his hands rest against the building's sloped surface. People watching is really boring... I could collect souls, but what is the use now? Not like anything exciting is going on around here. Sable opened his eyes momentarily to look at the smog covered skies. It was close to turning night... maybe. Maybe he could kill time once night fell with a couple assassinations. Maybe that could prove to be worth something.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: .:Anthem of Shadow:. [M/Talcen and I]

Postby Kylo » 10/17/2011 7:38 PM

Anthos sighed irratably once again as he trudged through what was left of the city. He had yet again been assigned to observation detail because of his status in the Turks. Which meant he was the newbie with no voice in any matter. His eyes scanned the rubble and various buildings before settling on something that most deffinately did not belong. Something that glowed an all too familiar glow of blue. That could only mean one thing. He was screwed, seriously screwed.

His brief memory of running into a deepground grunt back when the program was in its infancy flashed through his mind and he shivered. Slinking behind soem rubble he flipped out his phone and silently dialed Tseng's number. Hopefully he'd pick up before the trained killer picked up on him. The phone rang once, twice, then fell silent. Eyes growing wide he stuffed the phone back in his pocket and prayed that he would not be seen.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/28/2011 8:58 PM

Sable's piercing red eyes focused on the stranger that had been in the area moments before. His soul and life force felt much more different then the petty beggars and drunks that lined the areas of the slums. He folded his wings back to rest against his back and jumped off the building to follow the source of this strange energy.

He finally found the culprit, he looked like one of those... what did they call them? Turk? They worked for Shin-Ra... yes, he remembered now from being in SOLDIER so long ago. He never paid them that much mind. He smiled underneath his metallic face "harness" taking one finger and poking the stranger on the shoulder.

"What is a Shin-Ra dog doing out here... its too late to be out all alone... you might run into-" he jumped up and landed so he was face to face with the turk, "Trouble..."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/11/2011 7:02 PM

Anthos' eyes grew wide and he reflexily drew his gun out of sheer habit. Great, just great, the demon had spotted him after all. Anthos shrunk back slightly and smiled as best as he could. "I'm not looking for trouble, I'm just passing by. Now if you'd be so polite as let me leave, and I'll leave you to go about your...business." He did not like this situation at all. His phone was dead, and even if he screamed no one would come running to help him. His only bet at survival was to play it cool and go along with the man's demands if he had any. Otherwise...well otherwise he could be sent back to the lifestream only to be forcebly brought back. He had started to hate dying as of late. It was becoming an annoyance.

He studied Sable's eyes closely and saw that they glowed just as his own did. It puzzled him greatly but he pushed the thought to the back of his mind. Eye color was not nearly as important as what the other man was thinking.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/11/2011 7:34 PM

Oh... but I can't let you simply leave. You see... no one has come into contact with a Tsviet and lived to talk about it... how about we keep the tradition going?" Sable back away and unfolded his wings, materializing two machine guns out of pure shadow in his wing hands, while his real hands drew two more machine guns from the holsters against his hips.

"Perhaps this may feel a bit unfair... hm?" he spoke again in the same monotone-like voice. Sable noticed that this man had that familiar glow in his eyes as well... Mako? He paused for a moment, running numerous questions through his mind. Sable lowered his wings and guns, "Unless you have a reason why you should live... you are infused with Mako... what are you really?"

He was only going to give him a short amount of time to answer. If he wasn't satisfied, then he would be collecting another soul tonight.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/11/2011 7:57 PM

"I'm the failed side project of project S. I was deemed a failure and sentanced to termination." Anthos snorted as if he found the though funny and continued. "Unfortunately for professor Hojo the being whose genetic's were used to create me found this sentance to be unsatisfactory. The lifestream rejected my soul and body and thus I was sent back to live. Finding this odd ability to be useful I was considered for the Deepground project. I was quickly deemed a failure again and locked away to rot."

He studied Sable again and knew that he would be sent back to the lifestream. It would be useless though for Sable to attempt to send him though. After all it had been proven fruitless to kill him countless times. That is unless Sable somehow found out what did indeed hold to power to keep him trapped forever in th after life. He immeadiately shoved the thought from his mind. No, there was no way Sable would know that. Hojo had made sure to never record the outcome of the last experiment performed on him out of his own desire to hide his failures.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/11/2011 8:08 PM

"Hojo...." Sable stopped recalling that man's name. That damn man... he buried the memories of that mad scientist back to the back of his mind. Although, the rest of this man's story did indeed interest him. They were both tossed away, even if he himself was chained up since his powers were so feared. He was bound for so long... suffering, tormented... he lowered his weapons further.

"We share...  a similarity. Hojo both ruined our lives it seems... perhaps..." he paused for a moment, having to think on his next words, tilting his head to one side as he did so, "I could let you live, it would seem to be no use killing you... when I could actually have someone to talk to..."

Sable backed away folding his wings up and dematerialized his weapons and holstered the other two. He really had no one to talk to that shared his pain of Shin-Ra, maybe he would speak to this stranger longer and deem him worthy to keep alive, and if not, trap him in Oblivion. "I am sure you know my name, but I need yours now."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/29/2011 10:12 PM

"My name is Anthos, and yes I am aware of yours." He smiled dryly and relaxed slightly. "It appears that everything the man touches suffers. His death was very relieving to me." He had indeed been locked away for so logn and he could see the pain reflected in Sable's eyes. Yes it was good indeed that Hojo was dead.

"Do you still serve your brother? He is a very strong man from what I remember of him. Intelligent as well." He remembered how close Sable had been to his brother and hoped to keep the young man before him talking. After all talking was perferable to dying.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/31/2011 11:53 AM

"Weiss...." Sable paused closing his eyes, remembering his dear brother who saved him from a fate of being chained up for the rest of his life. By the people who made him, by those who feared his power. "We were separated... and I have yet to find him..." it still pained him to talk about his brother. They were close after-all, as siblings should be.

"Enough about that... did you wish to follow me? Or stay here and get into more trouble?" to most people, being asked to follow him would be a request they would never hear but he was hopeful that Anthos would take him up on the offer. He could use him to gather some things he needed, an extra hand is always welcome.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/31/2011 9:29 PM

"I believe I would perfer to follow you." Anthos spoke slowly and cautiously not quite sure his answer was the right one or not. Either option could prove to have negitive outcomes for him but it seemed almost right to follow the man. He could see the pain in Sable's eyes and knew it all too well. He had been forced to watch his own 'brothers' if one could call them that die. He had loved them despite that they had threatened to get rid of the person he cherished most in this messed up world. The person he had sworn his soul to and would kill for over and over. He shook the thoughts from his head and nodded to Sable letting him know he was ready to leave.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/03/2012 4:08 AM

Sable didn't hesitate to leave, relying on sound to make sure Anthos was following him like he had said. He didn't care if he did follow him or not, it wouldn't change anything in the end... would it? No the other thing that would be different is him actually getting to know this person better since they shared a common yet differing history. He went up a dark alley noticing that he and Anthos were now the only souls in the area. "So,  may have an... interesting question for you. Are you sure Hojo is dead?"

That name pained him to say, but he had to make sure he was hearing things correctly. He really never received news of that abhroable man's death until recently. Yes, he had to make sure, and if confirmed then it could ease his mind if only a little.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/03/2012 12:57 PM

Anthos obediantly followed Sable into the alley. "From the reports given by the WRO, yes he is dead. I only wish I was the one who had killed him." He looked around the alley carefully and noted that there were no signs of life. This could prove to be bad for his health, but he shoved the thought away. No Sable would not kill him...yet. He seemed to be in need of his help.

He did not doubt his sources of information on Hojo. The only way he could have onfirmed it farther is if he were to speak to Vincent himself, but that would be difficult. The man was hard to find and even more difficult to speak to.

((Suggesting that we bring Hojo in are you? *snickers* I can do that if you so desire.))

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/07/2012 8:34 PM

Sable paused for a moment, taking in this new information of Hojo's demise. "Yes... I too wish I had a hand in killing him. He caused me more pain and suffering then that .... Vincent could fathom," Sable had said VIncen't name with venom, if he only knew what he went through then maybe he would be dwelling on his own dealings with Hojo. The nerve of that man!

He shook his head in silence, just listening to the cold wind blow by. "But enough of the past, I need to find my brother..."

((Would make things interesting =D))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/08/2012 6:20 PM

"Yes." Anthos nodded silently and cautiously looked around once again. It was never abd to be too cautious. "Do you remember where you last saw him Sable?" If Sable could tell him where Weiss last was then it would be far easier to find him. If he didn't...then Anthos would be screwed. The only way he could find out more about what intelligence the WRO and the rest of the Turks had on Weiss' whereabouts was to contact them. That would not be happening any time soon. No Sable would not let him scurry off to Tseng or Reeve. He would keep him here by his side.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/09/2012 5:27 PM

"I cannot recall when I last saw my brother... all I remember is waking up to a demon of nightmares... she told me that I had survived," he paused. He had remembered that, after his battle with Vincent and stopping Hojo, he couldn't remember everything else that happened. He wanted to dearly to know the woman who spoke to him, and where Weiss was... if he was even alive still. "I just hope that he survived as well..."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next