The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

So Ya Gonna Buy Somethin' or What? [P/Mojave&I][M/E]

Postby Kylo » 12/28/2011 3:55 PM

Rufus scowled with disgust as he walked through the filthy streets of the slums. The last thing he wanted was to be here, but he needed a new weapon and he heard these guys were the best. He would have sent Tseng out in his place if he wasn't so damned picky about his weapons. That and his guard was sick as well. He had in all actually snuck out while Tseng was unconscious as he knew the sable haired man would never allow for him to go out by himself, least of all to the slums. He grabbed the crudly drawn map out of his pocket and studied it before sighing irritably. He looked up at the building before him and stuffed the paper back into his pocket. Well at least he found the place without being mugged so he guessed it wasn't all that bad.

Rufus walked through the door and boldly approached the counter. His arrogance oozed off of him as he waited to be noticed. Deciding rather quickly that he had been waiting long enough he cleared his throat rather loudly.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: So Ya Gonna Buy Somethin' or What? [P/Mojave&I][M/E]

Postby Mojave » 04/19/2012 7:46 PM

It had started off as a lazy day at work, Renoxel and Roadie joking and flirting as they worked, taking their time to get done since neither one was in a hurry to get home. All the kids had again moved off and there wasn't anything exciting or upsetting to expect. However, Roadie had chanced a glance out the door and things had gone to shit rather quickly in the space of a few moments. Motioning outside, Renoxel too had seen their old employer strolling around outside. With resignation, Roadie had gone back to the main office to avoid punching Rufus in the face like he so deserved.

A little flustered to be abandoned so heartlessly, Renoxel was in a more sour mood when Rufus finally entered. Determined not to help the bastard, Reno soundly ignored him, slowly clicking through a folder of files of clientelle. When Rufus cleared his throat, Renoxel spared him an uninterested glance. "A little busy, you'll have to take a seat." In a nonchalant manner, he pushed a buzzer under the desk and Roadie's voice answered so Rufus could hear as well.

Yes?
"There's a Mr Douche-I mean Rufus here to see you, my dear."
He audibly growled, Send him in then.

The voice clicked off and Renoxel pushed another button and a door opened beside him. "Well what are you waiting for?" Renoxel jibed, waiting for Rufus to proceed.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Re: So Ya Gonna Buy Somethin' or What? [P/Mojave&I][M/E]

Postby Kylo » 07/16/2012 4:10 PM

Rufus rolled his eyes and walked in, not bothering to be polite. After all it wasn't like they were being the kindest either. Though he supposed he couldn't blame them. Most of the Turks had left when he became president and even more left after the geostigma. He was not surprised that they still hated him. He was surprised though that neither of them had hit him yet. The last time he heard from them they had threaten to maim him.

He walked in to see Rude and smiled at him. "It's been a long time Rude." He sat down in a chair and waited for him to speak. He rather not piss off Rude if he could. He would be in pain if he did. A lot of pain. "I was wondering if I could order a custom gun from the both of you today."

Last bumped by Kylo on 07/16/2012 4:10 PM.

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer