The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

.:The Cure for Madness ([P] possible: A, L, V):.

Postby HunnyBun » 02/01/2012 3:06 PM

The Slums, not always an ideal place to go, let alone hang out, but it was a good place to hide. Also, she had found out the taverns had the best ale, and right now she needed an good ale.
Her last contract hadn't gone as planned, and she had lost her target. So, she wasn't feeling to high in spirits, and not wanting to returning home just yet.
"Cicero, I'm just gonna knock back a few ales before we return home." She sighed, walking into one of the dank taverns.
The smell that had reached her nose was foul, a mixture of alcohol and sweat. And, as she focused in on the stench even further, a faint smell of garbage. She ran a hand through her short hair, it would have to do. Smell or no smell.

"Oh! Cicero likes the Slums. Thieves and fugitives abound!" Cicero replied, giggling to his self. "Finally some fun."
As they stepped into the tavern, they got dirty looks from the people inside. Especially since Cicero did a little dance. But the two payed no mind to them, shrugging it off as they normally did.
Taking a seat at the bar, she motioned for the bartender to get her a drink. But had decided it was best for Cicero not to have one. Instead, she pulled out a sweet roll from her pack and handed it to him. He squealed happily and began to nibble on it.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: .:The Cure for Madness ([P] possible: A, L, V):.

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/01/2012 3:57 PM

"Damnit...  I cannot believe he ditched me.  That bastard Lucifer's gonna pay for this when I get another chance to talk to him," said a woman who had 3 glasses of Wine already.  It was hard for people not to stare at her for she had a bone dragon like mask over her red eyes that glowed and with that curly onyx hair.  Along with the fact that she was a common person in that bar.

Her baggy black and red chained pants dangled a bit on her silver steeled toe boots, along with a black muscle shirt on, her arms showed silver like Tattoo's of bones and Skulls with crosses on them.  On the table was a black and silver Sclicer like blade.  She finished the fourth glass and from the reflection, she spotted two unusual faces.  Who the hell are those two?  they seem new... she thought.  L;icking her lips, she paid the bar tender, put her blade back in the secret compartment of her pants and walked over to the two strangers.
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 02/01/2012 8:40 PM

"Cicero thought the Listener didn't drink..." The strangely dressed man said softly, his mouth full of sweet roll.
She didn't reply, the bottle was keeping her mouth busy as she chugged the disgusting liquid down. Before she was able to respond to him, she noticed something in the corner of her eye. As she pulled the bottle away and looked, she saw someone walking towards them. She wouldn't have payed no mind to it, had the persons eyes not been so focused on them. Or were they focused on something else in the tavern?
"Listener?" Cicero asked, leaning almost on top of the counter to the bar to get into her line of view.
It worked, she snapped back.
"What.. Cicero?" She asked in a hazy voice.
"Cicero asked what the Listener was looking at?" Cicero repeated, his expression was the normal smile.
"Oh.. N-nothing." She replied.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/01/2012 9:17 PM

The woman looked at the two and smiled.  "Cicero and the Listener eh?" she said and sat at their table.  Her mask started at Cicero for a long time before she looked at the woman.  "Never seen you two anywhere before.  what's strangers like you doing around these areas, hm?" she said and leand on the table.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 02/16/2012 10:58 PM

Her skin crawled, it was strange for a stranger to just waltz up and sit at your table. Stranger if they started a conversation. It wasn't something most people did, and something that less people joined in. She knew this all to well, and would be cautious, even if she was slightly tipsy.
"I needed to wet my whistle." She replied, then laughed at what she said. What she said sounded dumber out loud then in her head.
"Cicero thinks the Listener is glum from our bad luck." Cicero cut in.
She gave him a dirty look, like he shouldn't have deluged any information. She lifted an eyebrow to tell him "keep your mouth shut from now on". Cicero got the message.
"But," she added, "that's none of your business, uh... didn't catch your name?"
She brought the bottle back to her mouth and took another swig.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/16/2012 11:20 PM

"They call me Phantom.  And It's fine if 'Sir Crazy Jester' over here talks," Phantom said as she pointed to Cicero.  "Hell, he makes better sense then you. you're already tipsy and only on one bottle of Ale."  With that she smirked more.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate