The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Imperfect... [P / M:E]

Postby Middy » 05/14/2012 4:29 AM

((So this has been floating around in my head for awhile, mostly because these two keep appearing in my nightmares. Odd I know. I have decided this RP will have child abuse, murder, and maybe some sexual tension here and there. Driscoli is on the left, Drossel (from Kuroshitsuji) on the right.The location is bound to switch around, hard for me to stay in one for this.))

ImageImage

"Have you ever wondered why I took you in, remade you, made you into something special? It was all out of pity. Pity for a puppet who was left alone to rot, one of such beautiful craftsmanship... but you were human once yes? A real shame...."

"I am here now, Master. I am here to serve you. I try not to question your actions for breathing life into this broken body of mine. So I think to myself--"

"You honestly don't know? ... We are both dolls, who were once living beings. Although, what we were before differ, and don't even matter anymore. Even though I gifted you with the option of turning yourself into a living being again, the form of flesh is faulty. You may have been made of wood before, but my talents on dollmaking have fixed any flaws you made have had in the past," Driscoli shook his head turning his attention away from the other puppet who stood near him. "In fact, you may find yourself almost unstoppable. The material I have re-made you from is a secret, but I am sure it will not dissapoint you... so is being a servant to me really the path you wish to go down? I am no angel Drossel," He looked over his shoulder back towards the other, who seemed to have not moved at all. 'If he thinks me a merciful master, he is wrong. My species... Ghoul. An exception to my race perhaps, but only because I aligned myself with Eva.

Drossel continued to stare at the man in front of him, transfixed to the brilliant red uniform he wore. He looked so much like a soldier, it was hard to beleive he was a doll as well. So, what was he before? "Understood," he bowed before him, "I will serve you, a payment for such a selfless act. Maybe I can learn to be like a human again."

Fool... but he doesn't know. If I have to be around him, then my real self must remain hidden. I know the rest of the world see my Ghoul form as some hideous, twisted monster. Yet, I am locked in this human looking body. "What does it mean to be human? Do you lack some emotions? Question everything? I think you have come a little further then that," Driscoli managed a smile, walking close to the other placing a white gloved hand under his chin to tilt the puppet's head up to meet his gaze, "Funny, we both have such flawless appearances. Immaculate faces, perfect bodies... but its our minds that are.... imperfect," he immediatly dropped contact with the other, Just another toy... not often do I get to control dolls or toys with a mind of their own, I am usually the one who has complete control over them. From a simple toy soldier, to pieces on a chess board. All can become a weapon of mine if I choose.'

"Imperfect..." Drossel stood still hearing those words run through his head over and over. "Yes, imperfect in mind only... but then I think to myself, living things have many flaws no matter how big or small, but us dolls show no sign of imperfection physically. Is this what you mean?"

"... Exactly. So you are a fast learner. I can make good use of you indeed," Driscoli laughed to himself, Even if I come off as being neutral, my inner self tells me otherwise. Yes, maybe he can help me releive any pent up aggression. Someone... someone who disrespects dolls, puppets... why not reeanact a ballet? The Snow Queen? Nutcracker? So many choices, to prey on those weaker then me for my own enjoyment.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Imperfect... [P / M:E]

Postby Middy » 05/15/2012 5:01 AM

Nightfall

Driscoli stood near to the window of his private quarters located above his shop that provided an elegant view of the now quiescent city. Many people admired this city for the tall structures, busy streets, and the resplendent lights that gleamed in the night, but the thing Driscoli most admired was the bridge. It reminded him so dearly about the one back home, London Bridge... he closed his eyes remembering the various events that had taken place at that very same bridge. He mused at the various theroes surrounding the nursery ryme and the bridge, even one thought to include burying children alive in the foundations to keep the bridge from collapsing. 'Wouldn't that be a fun event to reenact.'

Set a man to watch all night,
Watch all night, watch all night,
Set a man to watch all night,
My fair lady...

Driscoli made no attempt to turn around to see who was singing, he already knew who it was and that the verse was for him. Had he really been watching the bridge all night, even if it was not the one he loved back home? Driscoli planted his silken white gloved hands on the window sill, letting his forhead rest against the cold glass.

Suppose the man should fall asleep,
Fall asleep, fall asleep,
Suppose the man should fall asleep?
My fair lady...

He continued to ignore his servant for now, just hoping that he would keep singing that lovely ryme in that almost lurid voice of his. He felt his mind drifting away back to the darker thoughts he was previously mulling over. Driscoli knew he couldn't contain this beast in the back of his mind that was scratching at his mind. He was always going to have dark intentions, he was still a Ghoul. He was only snapped out of his thoughts when he felt an artificial hand rest on his shoulder. "Drossel, I know those verses were meant for me..." he slowly spun around to face the puppet with a weak smile that quickly faded when he realized their faces were mere inches apart.

"I couldn't help but notice that you have been staring out that window all night, is something troubling you?" Drossel gasped when he was forcefully shoved away from the other, increasing the gap between them. He took it that Driscoli was frusterated and more then likely exhausted from lack of sleep. He still needed sleep didn't he?

"Nothing just..." he flipped around to gaze back out the window, his eyes affixed on the bridge once more. He groaned a little when he felt the grasp of drowsiness hit him. Even if he was in an artifical body, he still needed sleep just like he would in his real form. If anything this doll form was just a false shell, like a knight clad in armor, but underneath all that was a normal person. When that armor is taken away, they are left with a flesh and blood. Weak...

Drossel remained silent before approaching Driscoli again, placing his hands on each of the others shoulders. He wasn't sure how to really comfort someone, or if this was a gesture of something else. He leaned against him humming that same ryme from before only to be surprised when Driscoli leaned back against him, closing his eyes.

This is all Driscoli needed right now was comfort from another, it didn't matter from who at this moment. A shame how these simple actions of affection or concern were things he never really got to experience, so any chance he got to feel them were a blessing. "Children..." he paused for a moment before continuing, "Children will be our victims... to serve as a new foun...dation for that... bridge..." his words faded out as he felt himself drifting to sleep.

Drossel smiled at the thought of his master's new plans, wrapping his arms around the other in an embrace feeling the soldier's body go limp in his arms.

Suppose the man should fall asleep,
Fall asleep, fall asleep,
Suppose the man should fall asleep?
My fair lady...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/15/2012 3:14 PM

Perfect Nightmare

"And so, let this be a lesson for all those who dare defy the King and his laws. Let this man's execution strike fear into the hearts of those who hath witnessed this day." The executioner had affixed a whimpering man to the gallows, forcing him to walk to a platform with a trap door beneath it. With a loud creak the trap door opened and the crying man fell with it, the noose snapping tightly against his weight. Must to his horrid realization, the man gasped for air still clinging onto the last shreds of life. The executioner motioned towards him, drawing a crude blade and without hesitation, plunging it into the mans abdomen and pulling it downwards. Blood spurted out in a sanguine waterfall as the dying man's organs were exposed, the man making a failed attempt to scream but found that he didn't have the strength to any longer. Next the executioner went to work removing the man's member and other 'parts' belonging to it.

The crowd stood in awe as these events took place, cheering the executioner on for disposing of a vile criminal who was convicted of high treason against the King. Driscoli sat among the crowd, enjoying every last scream of torment, every last drop of blood that fell from the quivering victim. When the criminal was cut from the rope and lain on his back, barely conscious from the massive amount of blood loss, the executioner was there to finish the job by bringing down his axe to sever the head from the body, blood pooling out from stump. He bent down with his knife to sever the last remaining tendons and muscle still clinging to the head to make sure the two parts were completely separated. The crowd went wild and all Driscoli could do was think of how the last remaining sparks of the man's life would have tasted.

He couldn't be seen by mortal eyes, not when he was in his Ghoul form and certainly not when he didn't want to be seen. Only those that were going to be drained dry of their life essence would see the horrific beast that he truly was. He was near the body to snap up any remnants of his life before a scythe came in between him and the lifeless corpse. He looked up to see a Grim Reaper clad in a black coat with long flowing silver hair, his face obscured by a pair of silver rimmed glasses.

"What do we have here? A Ghoul wishin' to feast on a tormented soul? You know I can't have that, so it is best you leave," the reaper swung his scythe towards Driscoli who jumped back and growled, keeping his distance from the man.

"I drain life energy... he still has some left in him, but they are waning. I know Reapers have no business with that," he snorted making no attempt to approach the corpse, it would already be too late now as the body had begun being quartered into four separate parts. The smell of blood still rang thickly in the air, driving the Ghoul insane, his temper flaring as he realized he was too late to get a meal because of this damn Reaper again!

"Awh... afraid you are too late... again," the silver haired reaper gave a hearty laugh as he went on to finally reap the soul, looking over the man's cinematic records to witness his dying breaths once more. Driscoli shuddered knowing he didn't stand a chance against the Legend who stood before him. Instead he would just have to slink away for another day.

Finally the four pieces of the body were carried around for the rest to see, the fierce venom of ridicule still carried by the townspeople. 'Typical of humans, even in death this criminal received harsh treatment from the townsfolk with their bitter words,' Driscoli knew that those hunks of flesh would be displayed on his beloved bridge. The Reaper just stood there after his job was done, hanging his head to stare at the ground. Driscoli mused that he looked to be contemplating on a private eulogy for the victim.

Yes it was a different time during the 1400's...

Driscoli struggled in the sheets of his bed, having a pleasant nightmare of a memory he thought was long gone.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/16/2012 4:25 AM

Loyalties...

"Master? Master... wake up..."

Driscoli rolled over in bed away from the prodding hand that was trying to shake him awake. He didn't want it to be morning already, he was having the most wonderful dream... He felt himself being shaken again and sat up smacking the hand away from him. Driscoli blinked a few times to fully adjust to being back in reality after having such a vivid dream... or memory as it were. He turned his head to face his servant who was smiling back at him. 'That's right... we got a bit close last night... he only growled back at him in response, letting him know he wasn't happy to see him. "What is it now Drossel?," despite the hostile gesture the other man continued to smile reaching out a hand to brush Driscoli's bangs away from his eyes. Driscoli ignored the gesture waiting to hear the puppet's excuse for waking him up so urgently.

Drossel smiled and pointed over to the clock, "It's noon, you slept in later then I thought... didn't we have plans to discuss today?"

Driscoli bared his teeth at the other grabbing him by the collar and pulling him down, "Why the hell didn't you wake me up sooner you worthless idiot! Half of the day is gone because of you!," he raised a fist but stopped short of actually landing a punch. The look in his servants face was still that same soft smile, even after being yelled at and now almost hit. Why was he so calm even now?

"I tried to wake you up sooner Master, but every attempt of mine ended in failure. You were in such a deep sleep that it seemed as though nothing could disturb your slumber, my apologies..." he looked away finally feeling ashamed of his failure. He flicked his eyes back to Driscoli to see if he was still giving him the death glare or not.

"No... it was wrong of me to yell at you before asking if you had attempted to wake me up earlier. On the other hand you did remind me that we have work that needs to be done, but first," he pulled his servant closer to whisper in his ear, "How far do your loyalties towards me go? Would you commit vile crimes for me? Kill for me? ... Die for me?"

Drossel turned his head back to stare at Driscoli dead on, smiling once more, "I would do all those things and more. I am yours to command, yours to control. You gave me a second chance, so you deserve to use and abuse me. Even if I am destroyed... it wouldn't be in vain," he lightly placed his hand against Driscoli's cheek, tracing his jaw line, "you also gave me a gift that no one else could offer."

Driscoli chuckled in knowing what the puppet had meant, 'So he figured out how to take on the form of flesh... I couldn't imagine how strange it must be for him right now... to feel the beat of a heart and the warmth of soft skin. Imperfection.... "So I have, and I am glad to see you appreciate your gift. Remember that in this state you are weaker," he noticed that Drossel had been staring at him intently the whole time he was talking to him.

"So strange to be 'human' again... don't you think? Drossel stood up and stared down at Driscoli, "Did you require any help Master?"

Driscoli shook his head and yawned, feeling the effects of over sleeping kicking in. "Nothing at this moment, why don't you make me some tea while I get myself properly dressed. There will be much to discuss, when I am ready," Drossel nodded and bowed before leaving the room. Driscoli got out of the bed and began to dress himself in his soldier uniform, his mind drifting away once more. 'Orphans... so weak and fragile, but physically and mentally. No one seems to want them... but I do. Not for adoption no, but to become building blocks for a bridge erected in my name. I am sure no one will miss them, they are unwanted... he ran his hand through his hair, a wicked smile creasing over his face. 'It's not so cruel once you think about it, I have seen humans commit more brutal acts of violence then this... the very ones I used to witness sent all sorts of emotions of mine running wild... perhaps children won't be my only prey. I wish to torture, maim, flay... devour. I can no longer bottle this beast inside me up any longer."

He couldn't wait to devulge his plans to his most willing servant who would be the kind to gladly help him. To be in a place where he wasn't well known was the starting piece in this puzzle of of bloody carnage. "Why fight the very thing I am? When I return home it will be like nothing happened..."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/29/2012 4:23 AM

Recollection

"Now listen to me and listen well, I want you to scout out the local orphanage here and see just how many children they have. I don't want you do bring back any of them just yet... I just want a survey on their numbers, their ages. When you come back to me with such information... then we will build a bridge. It will be a mounument of utter greatness, a foundation with a horrid history that no one shall forget, we will be innocent, for when this is over we shall take our leave. You won't be disapointed..."

Drossel had done as his master said and left the building to go scout out the area. He was still uncertain as to why his master needed children for building a bridge in particular, maybe it was because it matched an old myth of the creation of London Bridge and that he wanted to make that a reality. He never really had a second thought about actually killing the children, although in the back of his mind he saw it as a waste. He could fasion such beautiful dolls from them. They were still youthful... innocent... their features were still rounded and perfect for that of a doll. They knew nothing of the horrors in life and took to playing without thinking much about the world around them. Even if his master saw everything but dolls to be "imperfect", Drossel saw children to be perfect. His mind started to drift off until he heard the familiar sound of children at play.

He had arrived at his destination, and from what he could see by just standing there that the orphanage was no short of children. There were many of them running, playing, talking, laughing... they all looked so happy. Drossel could feel some strange feelings of regret when watching them... but why? He had never felt this before when looking for the right vessel for a doll, let alone taking their lives to become one. Was it because he was remembering more of his human side? Was he right in listening to Driscoli, the one who gave him another chance at life and to experience human emotions? He shook his head trying to push those thoughts away and focus on what needed to be done.

Fourteen, he could coun't fourteen just by looking at all of them. They looked to be between the ages of 7 and 14. Maybe 14 was too old... 13 may be pushing the bar just a bit but it was doable. They were hardly considered adult anyway... he would just need to confirm this with his master. He was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt something tugging on his jacket, looking down he saw an adolescent boy with sandy blonde hair and green eyes. He smiled down at him thinking he could pass off as a mini Driscoli.

"Sir? I lost my ball.. would you help me find it?" the boy smiled his largest, seeming hopeful for a reply along the lines of yes. Drossel nodded back at him and the boy took off calling back to him.

I can't take this little one... something inside me is telling me not to, that this is wrong. Was wanting to feel a like a human again such a good thing? Or maybe there is something about this child that seems off somehow...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate