The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

The Alchemist's Journal [P][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 05/15/2012 10:31 AM

(This is a tentative plotline for Xaviar Smith. This plot may be changed along the way, and most likely will contain some more graphic depictions of violence and gore. There will be tasteful descriptions of human corpses that are nude due to Xaviar dabbling in necromancy. There will most likely be no depictions of sex and if there ends up being some it will only be hinted at not graphic. This RP will skip around between many different points in time, even going back 500 some odd years. If it makes no sense chronologically to you I apologize.)

One year ago...

Xaviar glared down at the quivering human laying battered on the floor and snarled at him. The human yelped in fear and shook even more violently. Xaviar crouched down and the human tried to crawl away the best that he could. Xaviar slammed his hand down on the human's head pinning him roughly against the hardwood floor. The human cried out in pain and whimpered loudly. "Shut up!" Xaviar snapped in irritation. He was sick of the human's crying and screaming. He yanked the human's head up off the ground and forced him to look him in the eyes. Xaviar's eyes burned a bright firy red and he scowled cruel at the man. The man whimpered softly and tears ran down his face.

"Please Xavi....please stop......I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please don't kill me, please."

Xaviar grinned malevolently and cackled. "Oh I'm not going to kill you Jack...I'm going to eat you!" He cackled more and bashed Jack's head against the floor, breaking his nose and spilling blood across the ground. Jack screamed in pain and squirmed in Xaviar's grasp.

Grinning happily, Xaviar stood up and grabbing Jack by his hair then dragged him to his lab in the basement. Jack kicked and screamed the whole way desperately trying to remove himself from Xaviar's clutches. The irrate half demon only pulled on Jack's hair harder and once he reached the steps threw Jack by his hair down the steps, ripping off part of his scalp in the process. Jack screeched loudly as he hit the basement floor and lay broken in a heap. Xaviar went down the stairs two steps at a time cackling madly and grinning with glee.

Once he reached the bottom he grabbed Jack roughly by his shirt front and hoisted him up in the air. Jack hung limply in Xaviar's grasp and no longer struggled. He had broken part of his spine upon impact with the hard cold cemented floor and could no longer move his waist though he was still very much alive. He dangled as Xaviar walked over to his examination table and uncerimoniously dropped Jack onto the table. He let out a soft umph! as he hit the icy steel table. Still grinning madly Xaviar began to tear Jack's shirt off of him.

Jack's head lolled to the side and he stared blankly out at the wall that was cover in shelves filled with specimens Xaviar had collected over the years. He did not notice that Xaviar had picked up a rather old, and now obsolete, bone saw and that he had turned to face Jack. Xaviar grabbed Jack by the chin and turned him to face him. He lifted the man's head up and shoved a wadded up labcoat under his head so that he would be forced to watch. Jack tried to move and struggle but was too weak to really do anything. Xaviar laughed at Jack's feeble attempts to struggle and began to cut the legs of Jack's pants off. Jack tried to struggle more only to be back handed by Xaviar. "Stop moving!!!" Xaviar moved Jack's head back to face him and glared death at the man. Jack shivered and remained still out of fear. Grinning in sastisfaction Xaviar turned back to Jack's legs.

Xaviar studied Jack's left leg for a moment before placing the saw blade on it in no particularly special location. Jack's eyes widen in fright and he whimpered. Xaviar shot him a glare and Jack went silent. Then without so much a slight warning Xaviar began to saw. Jack watched in horror as he felt no pain from his leg. He cried in terror as Xaviar began to saw faster and far more sloppily. Blood poured out of the wound and Jack screamed. Xaviar stopped his sawing to slap Jack hard then returned to sawing. Jack, unable to remain silent, only screamed and cried louder.

Xaviar scowl in irritation at Jack and sawed faster until his entire leg seperated from his body. Grinning in a brief moment of triumph he turned to look at Jack who had passed out from blood loss. Growling in anger he grabbed one of the lanterns and began to heat up the saw under the fire. Once red hot he pressed it angainst Jack's stump and cauterized the wound crudely. Xaviar hadn't ever recieved medical training or education out of his entire life and had self taught himself. Because of such his skills were mediocre at best.

He turned to his work bench and snatched up a fragment of the last alchemist's (not philosopher's) stone he had created and turned to Jack. He picked up a scapel and cut open Jack's chest then tore at his rib cage snapping the bones back until Jack's chest cavity was wide open. Cackling in sick delight he picked up the stone fragment again and moved Jack's weakening lungs aside. With a shout of pure bliss he jammed the fragment into Jack's heart.

A bright light exploded from the fragment and sent trendils of light scurrying across Jack's body creating more blood and mending broken bones as best as was possible with Xaviar holding the rib cage wide open. Xaviar cackled again and watched Jack's lungs begin to inflate and deflate at much more regular pace and his heart beat quickly.

Letting go of Jack's rib cage the light trendils faded and Jack was left laying there only partially healed. His chest cavity remained open and Xaviar watched his organs work contently. The beating of Jack's heart was almost soothing and the soft breathes that escaped Jack's nostrils nearly lulled Xaviar to sleep. He smiled warmly and gently ran a hand over Jack's face, petting his cheeks. Jack's eyes fluttered open and then grew wide at Xaviar. He expected to feel great pain, but instead felt almost good.

"W-was it just a dream Xavi?"

Xaviar just smiled gently and leaned down to kiss Jack's lips softly. He pulled the lab coat out from under Jack's head to prevent him from seeing himself. "It was just a nightmare Jack...but you'll be alright now. There's no need to worry. You're safe with me."

"X-Xavi why can't I feel my legs?"

Xaviar's smile faltered for a brief instant and his eyes twitched. "You fell down the stairs Jack. I think you broke your back, but don't worry; I'll fix it right up for you." He stroked Jack's hair and smiled again. Jack eyed him nervously and forced himself to smile back at Xaviar.

Xaviar stroked Jack's face one last time then leaned down to whisper into Jack's ear. "Unfortunately Jack, that nightmare was real and it's only going to get worse."

Jack froze and stared wide eyed up at Xaviar as he leaned back and grinned evilly down at him. "It's time for dinner now Jack."

The last thing Jack saw before the world went black was the most terrifying demon he had ever laid eyes on.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: The Alchemist's Journal [P][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 05/15/2013 4:40 PM

The year of our lord 1880...

Red eyes glowed faintly in the darkest night of the year. Not a single star could be seen in the polluted London sky and the moon was new, completely darkened by the earth's cast shadow on its features. Xaviar crouched low to the top of a roof and looked out at the dimly candle lit streets. Not a single soul could be seen and all was silent. Even the crickets dared not make a sound, out of fear of breaking the most unusual silence.

His death scythe lay at his side, it's small clock attached making the smallest of ticking sounds, before suddenly going silent. Xaviar glanced over at the clock and smiled slightly. It was midnight exactly and now was the time for him to get to work.

A shrill scream pierced the calm night's air and a woman stumbled out of the building below, clutching her chest and limping badly. She took one step, then another, before falling over in a heap of ratty bloodied clothes and messy tangled hair.

Xaviar caressed his scythe warmly before grasping it firmly and leaping down onto the street below. Not a single soul came out or even lit a light to investigate the source of the scream, as if none in the area of White Chapel cared for the injured woman. He walked quietly over to the bleeding form of the woman, his heels clicking softly against the rough cobblestone road. Once at her side he loomed far above her quivering form and he placed a finger to his lips.

"Shush now, all it alright. Soon you shall find your place in the after life. It will not hurt for much longer now," he whispered in a soft lulling voice.

The woman barely managed to lift her head up enough to peer at him with tearful begging eyes; eyes that prayed for help and salvation from death. Unfortunately for her this man would only bring about her demise faster.

He hefted his scythe and with a swift fluid movement sliced into her back, spilling yet even more blood. Her cinematic records burst forth and played before his unwavering eyes. The woman's past was just as he expected: hard, painful, and short. She led the life of a humble beggar, who lived purely off of the church and people's occasional kindness. At least she would be fortunate enough to make it to heaven, unlike the last handful of souls he had judged. The record continued to play until the end of her life then slowly faded away, leaving her body empty and devoid of life.

With a soft smirk of a job well done, Xaviar walked away as he took out his paperwork and began to fill it out. With that the assignments he had for the day were fulfilled ad he could return to his home. No doubt that this time William would be pleased with his results, or so Xaviar hoped. The man was well known for his dislike of Xaviar, so much so that many believed he even despised his existence. Despite this fact Xaviar worked hard for him and did his best to try and please him. It was the least he could to do for the reapers who had been kind enough to allow his continued existence, despite what many wanted.

Half breeds such as himself were often detested and despised for their unholy parentage. To be of the lineage of a demon was to be cursed. No one would care for you, and more often than not in order to try and prevent the case of an overpowered being becoming unstable and devouring human souls they would kill you. It had been purely through the will of one of the most respected reapers that he had been allowed to live, and thus in return Xaviar put all of his strength and will into becoming the best reaper he could possibly be. Though if he was honest with himself, he hated his job. He loathed having to judge the souls of children and woman; it made him ill just to even file a report on another reaper's work regarding the soul of such humans. Yet he continued to work, for it was all he knew.

Xaviar looked up as he arrived at headquarters and put on a false, but believable, smile as he walked into the building. He nodded in greeting politely at the reapers who passed him by as headed to William's office to turn in his paperwork. Very few even gave him the courtesy of a response, let alone to even acknowledge his presence. He inwardly sighed and rapped lightly on the office door.

"Come in."

Xaviar opened the door quietly and approached William's desk silently. Without even looking up the man motioned for Xaviar to hand him the papers, to which he responded immediately. William held the papers down in front of himself and scanned the pages quickly before setting them on his desk. He then returned to his previous work soundlessly.

Xaviar stood there for several movements in silence before fidgeting slightly. William looked up and then made a motion with his hand for Xaviar to leave. He nodded and then quickly retreated from the room and closed the door softly behind himself. He looked around to make sure no one was watching before sighing deeply to himself.

"I don't think I can take much more this...Maybe...maybe I should just leave," he mused to himself. Xaviar sighed again and looked back at the door behind him. Well if he was going to do it he may as well of done it now while William was in a decent mood instead of waiting until later. He knocked on the door again and waited patiently for a response.

"Come in."

Once again William did not even look up as Xaviar entered the room.

"If it is not important, then leave. I have no time for foolishness."

Xaviar swallowed nervously and approached the desk.

"Sir, I...I no longer wish to work here."

William's pen froze and his head snapped up to glare at Xaviar. His icy yellow green eyes seemed to stare directly into Xaviar's soul as he studied the man, before quietly speaking. "And what would the reason behind this decision be, Xaviar?"

Xaviar tried not to look away from the icy eyes of his boss and took a deep breath before replying. "I feel i am unable to judge a soul fairly anymore, sir. I also...I also can no longer stand the treatment towards me that I receive from my peers, sir."

William's gaze did not waver for a single second as he stood up from his seat and came around the desk to approach Xaviar directly. "Please, Xaviar, explain to me specifically just what this unwanted treatment may be."

Xaviar swallowed again nervously as William stepped into his personal space and resisted the urge to step back. "I've...I've had attacks made to my person as well as threats, being insulted on a daily basis, and generally treated as if I either don't exist or I'm the scum of this Earth."

"I see. then you may leave. Give me your scythe and be out of here by morning."

Xaviar blinked in shock, he had not expected it to go this well, let alone so quickly. "Yes, sir." He summoned his scythe and hesitantly handed it over. Somehow it felt wrong to give up the weapon he had been using for several centuries now, but at the same it felt so right.

"Now get out," he ordered as he returned to his desk.

"Y-yes, sir!"

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer