The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: @@ When I Was Younger and Better [d/l/v/g]

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:26 PM

"What'll it do?" you wanted to know.
"Now see here, if I tell ya that, it ruins the power of the magic. You gotta jump into it blind, or else you might get let down. Didn't I tell ya that it's preliminary? It's a fuckin' tester, kid, and you's my lab mouse."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:27 PM

You understood that right fine.
"Now, you do what I tell you, and meet me back here tomorrow. Same time, if you can make it."
What he meant was that you might not be able to walk by then, if you took them tonight. You were prepared to take that risk then.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:28 PM

Now, with a palmful of blue pills staring you down the throat, you expected to be scared. You expected to be scared because you wanted to impress yourself. You knew that you would take them like a man, and you would take them recklessly. One, two, three, down the gullet, water-free.
Just like your old pops taught ya.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:29 PM

Your name is Hector. It's 5 oh nine on September 23rd, 19xx. You don't really give a fuck about that last part, but you say it anyway. It really helped you out when you took all those mollies a while ago. When you couldn't touch the ground for fear of the grass cutting your feet to ribbons, knowing the time really grounded you.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:31 PM

Having something to focus on is always helpful. Sometimes you can't open your eyes and sometimes you can't talk and sometimes you can't really move, but you always gotta think. Even if you're thinkin' of tha whitest room in existence, you still gotta think.
You gotta stay clear-headed so you don't fuck around with the wrong folks and not be able to explain yaself later.
That's real important, the explanation.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:32 PM

If you can tell the pigs what went down and the other guy can't, then they'll let you off scott-free. They don't wanna write no paperwork on account a some stupid silly street urchin down on 9th! So if you can prove to him that you were less drunk or less stoned or really just less fucked up in general, it's all good.
You just wanna remember not to get violent with 'em. That never ends well.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:34 PM

Let's say you got this one friend named Leo. Leo looks like you and talks like you and is a stupid shit like you. Of course, Leo IS you, but you just feel like bein' a lion right now so you're gonna be Leo.
Careful of your new teeth, Leo, don't wanna go cuttin' up yer own mouth. You cain't put bandaids on that shit, and you cain't afford them, no-how.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:35 PM

So Leo's this stupid dumbfuck who got caught this one time naked in the middle of the street at night. Leo was just tryna take a little piss, ya see, but the pigs saw him and blah blah blah. Nothin' was goin' Leo's way. He was on a bad batch of mollies, cut with all this stupid shit, and he wasn't doin' too well. In fact, it was the worst trip of Leo's life, and would go on to be four round about twelve years, maybe more.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:37 PM

Leo was all up to thinkin' that his bladder was gonna burst open and fill his body with little blood-sucking monsters if he didn't piss right then and there. He was drunk and he was scared, and there was a perfectly good puddle! The pig saw him whip out his thing, though, an' that was bad. An' when the pig said, "Ay! You cut that shit out right now!" Leo up and pulled out his knife to really cut that shit out.
And by that shit, he means the pig's face.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:39 PM

Leo got taken down and taken in an' woulda nearly ended up face-down doggy-style in the prison house gettin' it in the butt if the pig hadn't damn well passed out drunk at his own desk. Leo got outta there right quick, his hands still all cuffy behind his back. He walked around like that for ten goddamn hours, until real early in the morning. He had nothing else to do, and right then, the wind felt real good.
Most things feel real good when you're on the plateau.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:40 PM

But that was then! This is now.
Now, you feel like you got flyin' ants buzzin' around in your skull. You just wanna get them bugs out. Maybe you can break 'em out, man, maybe that'll work.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:41 PM

The bugs are playin' some fuckin' lame kinda music in there. You kinda wanna slap 'em, and kinda just wanna bleed your own brains out. There's goddamn songs in there that no one else can hear! You can't play no piano. You can't help no one else hear those songs, and they're goddamn awful.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:42 PM

You hit your head. Just once. Or maybe like ten or twenty or a hundred times. You don't know, because you lost track a time. You don't even know why, suddenly, you're swimmin'. How the fuck did you get to the river from here?
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:43 PM

Oh, you get it. That shit's blood. The bugs must be gone right now. You done busted em out, right outta your skull. The club owner's gonna be mad when he sees the mess you done made in his back alley.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:44 PM

You ain't swimmin, you just dyin'. You're gonna die out here, all alone. There ain't no one who loves ya. There ain't no one who misses ya. All you done is let that drug tester down, man.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext