The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: @@ When I Was Younger and Better [d/l/v/g]

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:45 PM

Since yer dying, there ain't no way yer gonna be able to tell him about how much fun you done had. He's gonna miss hearing about how you got to change yer name. He's gonna miss hearing about how, hey, maybe now you CAN play the piano. Maybe you oughta try.
Right now. Go try.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:46 PM

You walk into the club, the one that you thought you were all up an' makin' a mess behind. You weren't makin' no messes, an' you ain't dyin'. You just done fell asleep in this dirty puddle an' got some flies buzzin in yer ears, that's all.
You're a bit wet, but that's okay. YOu can play the piano now.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:48 PM

Oh, dear. There's a big spotlight trained on that piano, all layin empty in wait for you. You might get your eyes all burnt outta yer skull if you sit under somethin' that strong.
Say, do ya think that people can tell that you're currently tripping balls? Can they feel the floor turning to swirls beneath their feet, too?
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:50 PM

Are you all alone even in this world, where bugs can sing and men can be Jesus whenever they damn well please? When every sense is so sensitive and tired that, if someone lit a match in front of your face, you might go blind? Are you the only one who can actually enjoy this crazy, fucked up drug world?
Naw, you can't be. You ain't the only little pseudo-masochist hanging around here; you're among family.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:52 PM

Family. When you sat down at that piano and your hands flew over the keys, you knew that you were home. There was nowhere that you couldn't go, no story that you couldn't tell people with those notes.
It didn't even sound terrible, neither. You were a damn good fucking Mozart Ammanightbus Baywatch, like you was born to slam those keys.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:53 PM

There were people jumpin and jivin to your grooves. The guy whose piano it was weren't even mad; he was so damn happy that he said, "Boy, you show your ass back up tomorrow night an' I might pay ya."
That was how you landed your first real job. And that was how you dove, nose fucking first, into the business of becoming a dealer.
That was when your life began.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:56 PM

The next day, you were fine. You slept like a goddamn rock on the park bench of your choosing, but you were fine. You walked up to your new, coated friend with a grin fit for an idiot like yourself.
You said, "Sir, I could sell that for you."
He knew then that you'd never experienced anything like his magic drug. He could read it on your face.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:57 PM

"Tell me how it was, boy."
Your eyes got rounder than sausage dishes, or whatever that hoity-toity figure of speech was. You were goddamn excited to share that experience.
"I was on a different planet, sir. I ain't never hallucinated like that, not ever in my life."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 09/03/2012 6:58 PM

"Was it scary, kid? Did you think you was gonna die?"
You nodded. "Yeah, I thought I damn near bashed my own brains out, tryna kill these music-playin bugs. But I was fine; I mean, I was really okay. I got myself on a piano and I played like I was the king of the motherfuckin' world."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous