The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Creative title goes here tomorrow (P,)(M:Language)

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/13/2015 2:35 PM

Behind the Airconditioners, Acey gave a short, approving nod "good thinking" he whispered.

There was a metallic creaking, an obvious sing of someone a little heavier then the both of them putting his weight on the fire escape. The only downside to their hiding spot was that, while they could see the street, the roof was blocking their view on the fireladder, meaning that they had to rely on sound.
For a nervewrecking moment, there was silence, and then hasty footsteps and groaning on stairs. It took Acey a moment to determine if they where coming up or where going down, but much to his relief, they got further away and soon after, the man was charging down the alley, obviously too hot for the chace to really ponder which direction to choose, let alone look up or check what exactly made all that noise.

The hair on his neck still stood up when he turned to Turpin, and he was only vagually aware of his hands shaking. while his heart was beating furiously in his chest, he tried to think of what to do next. They could not stay here, so much was obvious. they needed somewhere to hide. His eyes darkened when they fell on the girls injury. In all the chaos, he did not even really think bout if it was getting any worse, and by the looks of it, the running around did not do well for her. "we...we have to get somewhere and take a look at that" he said, his voice still sounding like sandpaper. He was almost certain that she would talk back, so he added between heavy (and if he was honest, pretty painfull) breaths. "There is no use in waiting and letting it get worse. we still have plenty of time..." he looked at his watch to re assure himself. "I'd say we hide the safe, and then come back later" he just hoped she would not argue with him too much. with his adrenalin dying down, he doubted he would have much energy to spend to talk back. To his own surprise, he actaully had an idea where to go.

(In case Turrpin agrees, I could throw in an other character of mine briefly. she atually is a sort of doctor working in the slums illegally and patching pretty much anyone, without asking any questions really...
buut thats uo to you :) if you had any other ideas, I'm pretty much up to that too :D)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/06/2015 4:32 PM

Turpin waited, her heart in her throat. There was buildings on either side of them, it was possible she could jump it. But whether or not she could jump it after getting scraped by a bullet and whether or not Acey would be able to follow her were two totally different questions. Either way, if he figured they were on the roof things would not be pleasant.

Eventually, it became clear that he'd ran into the street and Turpin smiled in relief, shooting a glance at Acey. Though, her feeling of relief was relatively short-lived. They might have overcome one obstacle, but they had a long night ahead of them, especially now that Evan had turned traitor on them. Who knew what he was getting up to now?

"I'm fine." She huffed, automatically, folding her arms across her chest in a rather petulant gesture. Turpin couldn't deny that his plan made sense; there was no doubt that her injury was hampering her and would only continue to do so. Her expression softened slightly. "... You might have a point. Let's go. The longer we spend here, the more time we waste."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/19/2015 8:26 AM

It was a relief to him that Turpin agreed to get off the streets and, possibly, some rest and help,
even if that sort of security would be short lived. He doubted that he would have much energy or nerve left to argue with the girl anyway. "Right. I actually do know where we can duck under for a moment. its not too far." he stopped, before adding a bit less confident "I'm…pretty sure, at least." It had been years since he had to visit Xila. back then she was…even less suitable age wise for the "profession" she was doing, but with any luck she would remember him and would be able to help them out.

Hiding the safe was easily done. It was not a good hiding spot, but if no one was looking for it, it would be pretty much impossible to find the old box shaped object along side of some old, broken tv units, what was left of a sofa and other trash a few houses further down the street. and even if Evan decidet to come back, he would not take his chances with spending enough time to  find it. or so they hoped. In general, Acey tried to not waste too much thought on the guy right now. If he was correct with his assumption, he simply hightailed out of there and would not dare to come back. hopefully. maybe.  
he dusted off his hands on his jacket, which was pretty dirty by now anyway, and tried to not look overly stupid when he asked carefully "…you…wouldn't know the fastest way from here to Pickerton Road?" It bugged him to no end that the map of the slums he had in his head was littered with white spots and question marks. damn, it really had been a while. But he was quite sure that they where close by.

with an audible fizz Xila opened up the third can of energy drink this night, and chugged half of it . She was, of course, perfectly aware that this stuff was pretty much poison. But nothing else, aside from heavy drugs she would not touch, managed to keep her awake these days anymore. The Girl who looked like she could not be much older then maybe 19, sighed and stretched until some disks in her back popped satisfyingly. Tonight so far was rather tame. only one guy with a small stab wound and a girl who had a pretty bad infection on her arm, obviously brought on by the frequent use of a needle. Poor thing. Even with the antibiotics, she was sure she would end up dead one way or an other soon enough. Before she could dwell too much into thoughts, a shrill ring of the doorbell announced an other costumer. The girl with the dark violet, choppy hair set down her drink and made her way trough her surprisingly prestine and sterile flat/praxis to answer the door.

a few minutes before they arrived, it started raining, not exactly heightening the spirits of Acey.
On their way here he started to develop a raging headache and felt nauseous, but tried his best to keep his composure. At least he was not Shot…
after rining a bell with no name won the name shield and waiting for a short while, a very static and crackly voice could be heard over the speaker "yeah?" "Its Acey…has been a while" he said, not really expecting an answer "I…-we are in quite a bit of trouble. are you free?" there was s short pause, and then a flat "well, no shit. yeah I'm free I s'pose" before the buzzer blared.

a short time later, they stood in front of a short girl with baggy pants and a old washed out rock band t shirt, who smelled faintly of hygene spray. she scanned Acey up and down, before a crooked smile formed on her lips "hell. you got old." she simply stated, before turning her attention towards Turpin. her eyes fixed on her injury, and she turned more serious again. "Come on in. I'm Xila by the way" she greeted briefly.

(urgh hope this is okayyyy (freakin long post -_-) wanted to move this along a bit but….muse is kinda…inconsistent right now :c)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/04/2016 6:07 PM

"Great." Turpin had a few contacts of her own, but she dared not rely on them too heavily. Most of them were either too far away to be of any use or too scheming to be trustworthy. Besides, it was about time Acey called in some favours of his own. "I did tell you this was my city, didn't I?" Calling the slums a city was an overstatement, calling the city hers was doubly so. "It's three streets that way, and round a bit." Pickerton wasn't too bad as far as places in the slums went. It was one of the dodgy streets you could go through to avoid one of the really bad ones. It was a good place to take a breather. She set off, hoping Acey would follow.

>>>

The rain had started by this point, Turpin didn't mind, but she was already feeling the cold from the shock of everything. The rain was cold, and had managed to slide down the back of her neck despite her upturned collar. Turpin noticed that Acey was beginning to look worse for wear and could only imagine how ragged she looked too. At least Acey had started off looking presentable.

She was glad to be let into the flat. It was pretty warmer in there, and surprisingly clean. "Turpin. Good to meet you. I'd shake your hand, but." Her gloved palms were stained with blood and dirt.

The fact that she was now somewhere reasonably safe took a little time to settle in, but once it did the reality of everything that had happened that night hit her like a ton of bricks. She sunk to the floor, ignoring the little stabs of pain from her wound. Now sat on the floor, she leaned against the wall. Turpin rest her head in her hands for a moment, leaving a mucky smear across her cheek. "Fucking hell," she said, "it's been a long night."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/05/2016 2:07 PM

Xilas gaze softened slightly when she looked at Turpin. Poor thing looked worse the she enitially thought now that she was able to see her in better lightning conditions. "sure looks like it" she agreed, before giving Acey a quick look. He looked pale and worn out, but not so bad that she was worried about him (from a first quick look at the very least). "You guys care to tell me whats going on ?"

it was not a pushy question. Usually, she did not even ask that, unless absolutely nescessary. most of her business was built on trust, and Thugs generally distrusted people with too many questions. She knew Acey close enough that she was comfortable with asking.
Still, her tone implied that she would not mind if they decidet to not answer, much less push the issue.

Acey pinched the root of his nose, taking deeper breaths then usual to fight back a new wave of dizzyness.
"would you mind if we get to that later?" he asked, his voice hollow and exhausted.
"Not at all. Be a dear and go into the kitchen and sit down. I'll take a look at you in a minute." she ordered the man, who said something along the lines of ' not nescessary', but buggered off towards the kitchen. He himself was surprised that he could still find his way around so easily.

"Now. we should take a look at your side.We should move to the back though" she said, turning her attention back to Turpin. "I've got a room with better lights over there. Plus some fun painkillers." she added, her smirk coming back to her lips. She reconed that Turpin would like some more private area. To be completely honest, she had operated on clients in this very hallway before. But she much preferred not to. She slipped on the typical surgeon gloves, which she apparently had stuffed in a little plastic bag in her jeanspocket, before
offering her to her to help her up. "The faster we get that treated the better. " her eyes where fixed on the dark stain around the girls side. "and you would not know your blood group by any chance, would you?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/29/2016 5:49 AM

(TW: Blood, bleeding, discussion of wounds, etc, etc.)

Turpin was about to answer when Acey did for her. "The short version is that a lot of dumb shit happened," she added. When she thought back on the night and how things had progressed she couldn't believe things had gone that badly. All she'd done is steal Acey's wallet and somehow she'd ended up vaguely befriending the man and was sat on the floor of a back-alley doctor's with a bullet wound in her side. What sodding terrible luck. Which god was having a laugh at her expense, huh? She hoped they drowned in their ambrosia, the bastards.

"Shut up and get doctored, Acey. I might the the one very slowly bleeding to death 'ere, but you did have a safe thrown at you."

She let the doctor help her up, slowly. Once she was on her feet she followed Xila into the back, taking off her coat. "It's AB+, but I really haven't bled that much. I just got scratched." She lifted the edge of her stained and ripped t-shirt to show Xila the damage. The graze wound was small, a little more than three inches long where it had caught the skin just above her hip. The bleeding was starting to subside, a little, but the wound was fairly fresh. "It stings like hell, but it's not completely insane."

Turpin tried to not look at the wound. She'd only feel worse. "So, disinfecting, stitches if I need them, bandaging if I don't, and some painkillers that won't turn me into a zombie, please." The wound was fairly shallow, she'd leave it up to Xila to decide whether stitches were needed or not.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/03/2016 2:09 PM

Xila could not help but raise her eyebrows. "A safe" she said flatly, recieving a "Only a small one" as a answer from the kitchen. She mirked at Turpin. "a lot of dumb shit sounds about right"

when they arrived in the backroom, Xila changed her gloves and took a closer look at the wound.
She furrowed her brow slightly. It was not too drastic, but even smaller wounds where not to be underestimated, expecially in environments like the Slums. "It does not look too bad, but it depends on for how long it was bleeding. You seem to be alright, just tell me if you do feel faint, and I'll give you a top up."
She looked up, nodding. "I'll give you stitches to speed up the healing and help keep infections out."
She gave her a small local anastetic. Not that it was nescessary, but if time was not incredibly pressing
she made sure to treat her patients as well as possible. She sure as hell woul not have liked if if someone cleaned, desinfected and stitched together a fresh wound on herself. While working she said, with a small chuckle "How do you know Acey by the way? Please dont tell me you met first doing...whatever you where up to this night..."

Acey meanwhile sat in the kitchen, trying to understand how this night could have turned out to be so fundamentally fucked up. He sighed, looking at the counter in hopes of finding some stray painkillers, but of course was unsucessfull. His thoughts darkened considerably at the fact that this night was not yet over. And the fact that he would have to try and get that safe open with a head that felt like it would implode any second now. / sure hope Xila has some good stuff in stock../ And what would happen if he failed.  His thoughts also trailed off to his wife and son for a split second, but where chased away by the two women talking down the hall.

Xila finished up the last stitch and sat up again. "Allrighty. now to the fun part." she swiveled around in her chair, rumaging through a small, old looking cupboard. "Okay. I have these guys." she held up a package of plain, white capsules. "I think they should work for you for the time being. They keep you sharp and are pretty powerfull on surpressing the pain." she looked around for something else "they do have the annoying side effect that they make you quite tired once they stop working, which is after roughly 3 to 4 hours. If you want something softer, I have these other ones, who are less good on the pain relief side, but have no side effects."
she shrugged "your call really. Just try to not run around too much so the stitches hold. In case they dont, I'll give you some clean bandages and a disinfect, but make sure to come back to me or see some other doctor if that happens or it gets inflamed." she talked quite quickly, and she was aware of it. forcing herself to slow down, she added "I'll get Acey in here now. you can stay or grab a drink in the Kitchen if you want to. ...how exactly did he get a safe of all things thrown at him?" she mumbeled the last part "I mean.hust wondering purely out of professional ... er... curiosity"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/17/2016 5:48 PM

Turpin nodded. "I think I'm fine." Although, the favour she'd called in was beginning to weigh heavily on her. Turpin doubted that she was in any state to give blood to the leeches. Hopefully she'd be able to convince them to put it off for a couple of weeks.

She looked away as Xila began her stitching. She wasn't exactly squeamish, but something about it was definitely unpleasant. "'Fraid so. I tried to steal his wallet, nearly got away with it too. I suppose that's what you get when once thief steals from another. We ran into some rat and the goons that were trying to kill him. That's how I ended up with that," Turpin gestured to her wound. "We escaped and agreed to help him, only for him to out and out betray us, the little bastard. Co-incidentally, that's the dumb shit that went down tonight."

Well, there was really only one choice if she was going to see this through. She took the second box of pills from Xila. "Thank you. I really appreciate it. I'll see what I can do about the whole not-running thing." Hopefully, hopefully, there'd be less running for her life the future. One could only hope. "Oh, and the rat threw it at him."

She turned to leave, but paused by the doorway. "Say, Xila, there's not much I can offer in return right now, but if you ever get into trouble let me know. I know I don't look like much, but, I-- People know me. It helps, sometimes." With a flick of her wrist she produced a playing card with a phone number hastily scribbled across it. "Or, you know, if you ever need a magician," Turpin smiled. "I do parties and everything." With that, she slipped through the door.

"Acey, go see the nice lady with the painkillers. It's your turn," she said as she passed him in the kitchen.

"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/28/2016 5:11 PM

(sorry, first rp post in a long time, and a long one too XD)

Xila smirked when she heard about the circumstances they met in. Seemed like Acey was getting a little too careless if Turpin actually almost got his wallet. Listening while working on the stitches, she was not entirely sure if she was worried or slightly amused by just how badly the two of them apparently got tangeled up.
"That does sound like very dumb shit indeed" she agreed with a sigh.

She looked at her, and tilted her head slightly with a smirk. Of course she could not always patch people up for free, she kind of had to buy equipment and eat once in a while, but she still firmly believed in the old 'one hand washes the other' model, and Turpin was offering something quite good. Contacts with contacts where always welcome "Thanks" she said, studying the card "I'm sure I'll come back to...one or the other offer." She reached into her pantspocket and handed over a card of herself. It was just a white index card with her number on it. "just in case it gets worse. or for future adventures"

Acey's head snapped up when Turpin came into the kitchen, looking slightly starteled. "ah...yeah. Right. Painkillers sound fantastic" He stood up, feeling lightheaded, but tried his best to not look too wobbly while making his way out of the kitchen.

"sounds like you have had a fun night so far" Xila grinned when he sat down in front of her, causing him to frown. "...and it just keeps getting better." he scuffed, before sighing "sorry. just not in them mood"
"ah thats alright. If I where you of all people I would be pissed too if someone almost pickpocketed me and
got a safe  thrown at me. The irony is almost too much"
Xila prodded cheerfully. Catching his glance, she chirped. "Right. lets get to it then."
The examination did not take too long. After Xila commented the bruise on his chest with a short whistle, she carefully checked if she could feel any broken ribs, much to Aceys discomfort, and applied a liniment against the swelling and pain. After that, and a few quick tests of reflexes and reaction, she was done.
Switching off the small but very bright flashlight she had priory shone directly into Aceys eyes, she shrugged.
"welp, Mister, you do have mild concussion for sure. Usually I would say you really need to rest to not make it worse, but my guess is you wont listen, because you have got stuff to do. I'm also almost positive that you cracked 2 of your ribs, but they are not broken, so nothing dangerous. can't really do much for them either to be honest, except for rest and letting them heal on their own." she once again searched for the painkillers, and gave him the tube with the liniment. "You should still go to a hospital for x-rays to make sure everythings in order."  Acey buttoned his shirt up and, after a short negotiation about pricing and handing over some cash, he was about to grab his coat and call Turpin. "You know...you still look like shit" Xila said, leaning in the dooway. "Thanks" "I mean it. Your new friend too."
Her posture was relaxed, but her expression seemed a little worried. "I'd rather have you two take a short break. at least untill the painkillers kick in.I dont have anyone else scheduled, I'll be here if you need me, but tidyng up some stuff, so you two can scheem all you want in the kitchen." Acey hesitated, looked at his watch. and nodded slightly. "That sounds good. thanks"  

Strolling back into the kitchen, he sat himself down at the table again, looking at his new 'partner in crime'
"The doc's right, we should prolong our pitstop for like...5 minutes or so" he said, swallowing one of the painkillers. "How are you doing?" he asked, before adding carefully "You know...maybe we should take one or two blood bags Xila has stored.regarding your appointment with your...friends tomorrow" It was weird mentioning this, because tomorrow seemed pretty far away, but it did show that he cared. And it took off his thoughts about the next few hours...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous