The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Creative title goes here tomorrow (P,)(M:Language)

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/13/2013 5:21 PM

Acey

His eyes trailed the front side of the house, lazily, without haste, as he was passing by it. It did not particularry stand out between the old, sometimes decaying houses. However, it did not seem to be just as ransacked as the neighboring buildings. At least, it had a roof to speak of. It was not the...less destructed facade that interested
Acey, no, it was what lay inside these walls. It turned out that the owner of this humble little home owned a quite precious  amulet. The woman was a former art director for advertisement. After her company crashed and burned, she hit pretty hard times, and now was trying to keep alive by taking any small job she could get her hands on. Luckily for Acey, that meant that she was away from home quite often, sometimes for days. And he had the past 3 days to examine it very closely. careful not to stick out of course. //poor thing doesn't even know what treasure she possesses. most likely a gift from her mom, who got it from her grandma or something...otherwise she would have already sold it//

The man rounded a corner into an side allay, on his way to the back of the building, where he spotted a window to the kitchen that looked less stable then the others. He decided that he would do a last checkup on his way in and out, before doing the gig the next day. In the Alley itself, he felt a strange sort of nostalgia. It had been quite a long time since he was here. he usually now was going after much bigger objects of interest, in cities that where...worth the effort. But, as it was at the moment, there was not any bigger game to hunt at the moment, and he decided to do something a bit more 'casual' then normally.  Actually, if he though about it, his overly careful examination was quite pointless . you could be a little more blunt around here, even in breaking into houses, as long as you did not get yourself caught. Well, old habits died hard he guessed.
He lit up the 5th cigarette today and inhaled deeply, while calculating the hight from the floor to the kitchen window, never stopping to look, but rather just casually passing by.

However, he maybe was a bit too lost in thought to pay more attention to the few people around him
then he absolutely had to...for slums standarts, that was.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Creative title goes here tomorrow (P, Mousen and I)

Postby Mousen » 05/13/2013 8:31 PM

She needed to move on, get out of here. There were better parts of the city, better parts of other cities, maybe things would be better there. For days now, the hostels had been full before she'd gotten there, and she'd been turned away at the door. For days now, her home had been doorways and broken buildings, each more decrepit than the last. It was beginning to wear thin. She was used to poverty, if anything R. Turpin managed to turn it into something of an art form. She was a street magician and a fortune teller, a thief and a vagabond. Turpin lived day to day off of the kindness of strangers, but for whatever reason, the strangers hadn't been as kind lately. In short, this couldn't go on for much longer. But this was her city, god-dammit, her city, her streets. It wasn't glamorous, it wasn't good, but it was her's. She wasn't going to leave if she had a choice.

The chill was unseasonable, and her breath rose misty into the air as she walked down the streets. Barely-there shadows moved to let her pass, and occasionally she'd tip her hat to them. She was a filthy figure, her hair was short and greasy, her long coat that might once have been charcoal grey was a mess of unidentifiable stains. Her jeans were torn at the knees so badly they were almost in pieces, and her boots were both the wrong size for her and falling apart.

While looking across at the houses, and trying to gauge if any of them were uninhabited, she noticed something. Or, rather, someone. He was caught up looking casually at the houses, it was all done very well, but Turpin saw through the charade fairly quickly. She thought about it for a second, grinned, and made her decision. After all, there was no honour among thieves, right?  The young woman watched the dark figure for a moment longer, and without looking where she was going, rushed past him, catching his shoulder with her own and hopefully providing enough of a distraction for him not to notice the gloved hand slip into his pocket and grab his wallet. "Sorry mate." she called back, not altering her speed.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/16/2013 7:54 AM

as soon as she bumped into him, and he felt something tug on his wallet, he knew what was happening. But that did nothing for him. Much to his dismay, his reflexes kicked in a bit too late, and so his hand did not wrap around the womans arm, but rather grabbed into thin air, with her already several feet away from him
//you have got to be kidding me//. While he truly felt like screaming profanities, he decided against it, and began to chase after her wordlessly. He did not try to scream thief or some such nonsense for a variety of reasons. One being that it would maybe call out not to police or any other helper, but might lure in even worse figures into the scene. An other one was that he, of all people, would feel stupid to call out for help from the authorities, and, mostly, because he was pretty confident that he could handle her himself without much trouble.

By now, the pickpocket must have realized that she was followed. It was a shame that Acey did not know these streets particularly well, and thus had no idea of any shortcuts. But, as long as he kept her in sight, he should not have a too big of a problem. Watching her, he could not help to feel almost sorry for her. He also hit bad times  at the beginning of his career, calling this...place his home. but only for a short while, and she looked like she lived here for far too long. But, in all sympathy, he needed that wallet, and he sure as hell would not let it go as charity.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/21/2013 6:30 PM

"Shitshitshit." Turpin muttered to herself, eloquent as ever. He'd noticed! He wasn't supposed to notice. Surely, she, Rachel Turpin rogue of rogues direct descendant of the best highwayman that had ever lived was better than this? To be reduced to jumping over walls and fences in order to get away from some pretty boy who wanted his wallet back? She broke into a run now, dodging down a particularly thin back alley. This was the old part of the city, where space had been at a premium and houses leant towards one another. They were ghosts now, and Turpin paid no heed to the broken windows or cracked brickwork.

She could hear footsteps behind her and she could only assume he was following. "C'mon, mate! You're going to have to do better than that if you want your wallet back!" She called, in a fit of capriciousness. Her voice was low and relatively androgynous, and had you not known Turpin it would be difficult to ascribe a gender to it. "Unless you feel like being charitable, of course!" She was going to regret this if he caught up to her, but that really wasn't the point, was it?

The small alley would eventually lead to a dead-end, and she knew this. So she ran through one of the leaning houses and out through the back into yet another small alley. The houses were lightly more modern, but equally ramshackle. There were a few roads to choose from here and she chose the one that ran straight ahead, it lead even deeper into the city, where even now the odd gunshot could be heard.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/23/2013 6:14 PM

Evan

He could feel the cold, wet stone wall in his back, slowly causing water to soak through his worn
beige suite jacket. He was currently huddled behind a burned out car, trying to catch his breath, and counted the seconds what what he was sure to be his last moments. Just moments ago, his one time partner,Jimmy was his name when he remembered correctly, was shot. Just like that. And now, his former 'employer' was after him. This time...he went a bit too far. Then again, this was not a that unusual situation for the unlucky man. It turned out that he and Jimmy really met the wrong guys to mess with today. Turned out they did not like it when half of the money of their employees 'shift' was missing.
Footsteps. and two, no, three very strained and angry voices. Evan thought that his heart might jump out of his throat, when the shadow of the first man appeared. Tilting his head, Evan seized the distance between the car and a side street left to him. If he moved quickly...
His nerves  did not hold out any longer. When the last man came into view, he made a dash towards the side street and bolted down the narrow road, just to take the next one right. He was a pretty fast runner for someone who had a body built like a stick figure. Unfortunaly, he had no idea where exactly he was going. Just away from the men. But after a few turns and dives though holes in fences, he decidet to throw a glance over his shoulder to see how close his followers where. And, since he was rounding a corner into an other street without looking, promptly crashed into someone who apparently had also been running.

Acey got tired of this little game pretty quickly. It was not only annoying, it was also a giant waste of time, and also leading him into parts of the city he really did not bother to visit normally, The gunshot reinforcing the last thought. It was nothing too outof the ordinary here sadly, but it still sent him even more on edge. While trying to catch up, he thought about changing into his Akkail form. He would be faster, and a better climber. Also, a lot of people where, righteously, afraid of Akkails. He of course did not want to hurt the pick pocket, but maybe she would let go of her bounty if she realized that an angry reptile was now after her.
Just when he was about to go through with that plan, and fire back a comment at her, the pickpocket was hit by something...or rather someone. While this could have been amusing, Acey had no real time to react. His
attempt on avoiding crashing into them was  prevented by a trashcan standing on the left side of them, catching his hip and sending the man very ungracefully to the ground. While this whole thing was quite a mess, something in him still decidet to seize the opportunity, and he tried to grab Turpin.

Evan meanwhile also tried to get somehow 'untangled' and away from these strangers,while cursing loudly,  still convinced that his followers would turn the corner any second now....

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/23/2013 7:54 PM

((Might want to put a warning for language in the title. Poor Turpin does have a habit of swearing. Also, short post, apologies.))

Turpin was too breathless to cry out when the other figure crashed into her, and as she fell backwards it was all she could do not to crack her head on the concrete beneath her. Then, her pursuer also ended up in a heap on the floor. She felt his hand grab a hold of her arm, and she tried to tug away but she was caught. For a second she allowed herself to be scared, then the anger took over.

"If you fucking touch me, I will fucking kill you, understand?" Her voice wavered and cracked slightly, maybe the anger hadn't taken over entirely. Turpin aimed a couple of kicks at the guy who'd crashed into her, not really aimed to hurt him, just to push him as far away from her as possible. So most people knew her, they considered her useful, reliable. She was a good person to know, but the people that didn't know her didn't know that, did they? It also didn't mean that the people who did know that couldn't forget it if she was at the wrong place at the wrong time. This had been a bad day all around, but still she clung onto the wallet. She needed the money, goddammit.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Creative title goes here tomorrow (P,)(M:Language)

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/24/2013 1:41 PM

(done...and still no good title XDD
anyway, dont worry. I'm in a bit of a rush today, so this will probably quite short too)

Acey growled frustrated and ignored Turpin's threads and the strange newcomer. tightening his grip around her arm, He managed to catch a very unsteady grasp on his wallet, but was unable to wrestle it out of her grip."Oh just let go kid, this is getting ridiculus" he said breathlessly, sounding much more strained then he would have liked . But try as he might, he could not pry it free. And in their current position, neither of them would archive anything, untill one of them would give up...

Evan backed away when he was kicked, finally regaining a sense of what was up and what was down again.
"Jeeze woman!" he said a bit too loud after the last kick, scrambling further away. Panting, he allowed himself to examine the scene for a short moment. And then he heard footsteps. "sosorrynicetomeetyoubye"  he blurted out, staggering a bit while trying to make a run down the alley. A very unpleasant voice behind him and the clicking of a gung being unlocked caused him to freeze in his tracks tho.
"well hello Evan...meeting up with friends?"

Acey was not sure how one could possibly mistake the scene the three of them where involved in as 'meeting up with friends'. Then again, the man who spoke did not look like he thought a lot at all. The moment the
three newcomers emerged from the side street, he knew they all where in serious trouble. He loosened the grip around Turpins arm, trying to shift into a somewhat less pathetic position. "Sorry sir, but I have no idea who that guy is...so, if you'll excuse me now, I..." as he already knew, he was cut short gruffly
"shut the hell up" the a second man snarled, pointing his gun at the two thieves on the floor. "you stay where you are. you to, Evan...I think we might have to have a little talk"

(
or maybe not so short XD
okay so...I hope this is okay this way.

I think they have two options here. either, Turpin and Acey somehow manage a daring escape, and get the information on what the heck is going on by Evan, or they try to talk their way out of it by making a deal of some sort, to prevent them from seeing someone being gutted alive and possibly suffering the same fate, just because the three gangsters had so much fun the first time/are convinced that they are complices of Evan.
feel free to control the gangster too, by the way. again, I hope thats okay^^')

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/10/2013 8:27 AM

"Sorry love." She hissed, trying to twist her arm out of Acey's grasp, but he just wouldn't let go. Turpin considered giving up the wallet and just running, cutting her losses, as it were. There was really very little point in staying now, was this really worth it?

The ominous click and threatening tones alerted Turpin to the goons' presence. She swore under her breath, though she couldn't help but be affronted by the sheer stupidity of some people.  Yes, meeting with friends, that was definitely it.

Okay, okay, right, think. She let go of the wallet and sat up slightly, bracing her back against the wall. The  thugs hadn't noticed, or if they had, they hadn't cared. Oh god, this wasn't good. Though, if she could double back to the cross-roads and head towards the outskirts of the city, she might just be able to loose the goons. That was, if they weren't already preoccupied with her two so-called 'friends'. Was she really going to be so heartless as to leave two people at the mercy of armed morons?

Oh, bloody hell. "Mate." Turpin whispered, hoping Acey could hear her. "The old poster on this wall, yeah? I'm gonna loosen it, get ready to run." There was no telling what it had been advertising originally, although it had a decidedly home-made look to it. Some sort of protest, perhaps? It had been made of canvas rather than paper, and took up an entire section of the wall. Turpin grabbed the edge of the sign and pulled throwing it over them and the goons.

Everything was swallowed up by a mix of weather-worn canvas and dust. Guns were fired, Turpin was sure she heard someone scream (although, thinking back, she might have been the one who screamed). It was all she could do to grab Evan by the arm and pull him from underneath the poster. After that, he was on his own. She ran, ditching down a narrow alleyway and-- oh. She was bleeding, one of the bullets that had been fired had just caught her side. It was little more than a scratch, but it really was starting to sting. "Oh bugger."

((I hope that's okay. I'm just going to assume that all three of them ended up pausing for breath in more or less the same place?? ))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/11/2013 10:46 AM

Now this was a quite grimm situation they got themselves into. Or rather, they got tossed into, quite literally.
Seizing the three men in front of him, He wondered if they could be reasoned with. As soon as the thought shot through his mind, he already answered it with a clear 'no'.

When he tried to calm down enough to form a realistic escape plan, he heard Turpin's whisper.
Acey's eyes trailed from the three armed newcomers to the poster and back for a second.
He had no real time to think about if this was such a good idea, since moments later it already happened.

Almost solely relying on instinct, He really got lucky that he did not catch a bullet. Diving through the chaos of dust and noise, he made a mostly blind dash away from the threat. //curse this! Curse this whole city// his thoughts repeated themselves, while he expected to be hit by a stray bullet any moment now. but that never happened. After a while, he allowed himself to stop and catch his breath, only now realizing that the
young woman and the guy who caused the whole commotion where also in the alley.

He furrowed his brows slightly when he noticed something red on Turpins side. Turning his head more towards her, he asked "is it bad?" because 'are you okay' was a very stupid  thing to ask someone who had just been shot, even if it only was a small wound.

Evan got out of the situation without injuries too, and got ready to slip away while the other two where occupied. he was grateful for the distraction, but the sooner he got away from...well...this city, the better.
"and where do you think you are going?" he heard Acey ask. Turning around, he looked at the other two"as far away from this hellhole as possible. I think you should do the same" when he turned to go away again, he felt Aceys hand grab his collar, and hold him back "The heck? whats your problem man?!" he snarled angrily at him, trying to pull free. "you are not going anywhere. If you did not notice, those men think we work with you, therefore we are in as much trouble as you are, and I would really appreciate if you would at least tell us why" Acey said, his voice still shaking slightly, but also sharp and angry enough for Evan to stop struggling.
"okay...fine. Fine, if you insist. but not here in the open" he hissed. Pulling free, he turned to look first at Acey, then at Turpin. "got any idea where we can duck under for a bit?"  

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/15/2013 6:15 PM

She shook her head. "Just a scratch. I-It's the shock more than anything." Her hands were shaking, god, she needed to get a hold of herself. Right, two arms, two legs, and everything else, good. She wasn't going to bleed to death and provided they survived this, she could turn up at a hospice somewhere and if the gods had decided to smile upon her, she might get redirected to a hostel for the night. Hey, this might even work out in her favour. Always a brightside to these things, you know.

And the concern was nice too, although that was mostly due to the fact it indicated a lack of revenge plans. People could be so funny about their personal belongings. "I have to live in this god-damned city, you know. It doesn't look like it, but I have a job, if everything turns to shit I can't just up and leave." Well, she didn't technically have a job, but certain people had come to see her as useful and often looked to her to pass on various messages-- point was, you didn't get those kinds of contacts overnight. Her place was here.

"There's this old building I've been sleeping in. Out of the way, quiet part of town, not far." Time was of the essence, no point in wasting it. Turpin pulled up her hood and gestured down one of the alleys that lead away from the heart of the city. "C'mon."

((Feel free to move the RP along or whatever. I have no particular plans for the building in question.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/19/2013 2:33 AM

They moved quickly and silently, and, of course, very alert. On the way, Acey pondered what he could
do to make this situation a little less desasterous, and if he still could do the gig later on. He found it mildly amusing that even in these extreme situations, his brain seemed to choose to think business. He decided to shove all the pesky and whiny 'why the hell me, why now, oh god oh god we're all going to die// thoughts very far back, tho they where quite persistent.  

Evan had other problems. His brain was mainly focusing on how the hell he was going to explain himself and the situation. Heck, thinking about it, even he himself had no idea why he said yes to the whole thing in the first place. He was throwing hopeful glances into side alleys, obviously thinking about abandoning them, and just jump cities as soon as possible, but honestly...he had no intentions on being followed by two pissed off groups.and also...who knew. maybe they would prove useful, one way or another.

Before too long, they reached the small, abandoned house. It appeared to be a regular apartment building with 3 stories, tho the third was completely burned out, the gaps where the windows once where black, hollow holes. aside from that,the ever present layer after layer of graffitty tags, and of course a few cracks in the concrete, the building did not look overly bad. At least not like it would fall apart as soon as a mild wind blew.

Upon entering through the back door, the trio found themselves in a narrow corridor, only illuminated by the small, dusty window over the door. The corridor was packed with what appeared to be moving boxes and, oddly enough, stacks of old newspapers, that slowly fell apart. Fine dust particles glittered in the light, giving the whole scene an almost serene feeling. Acey turned towards Evan as soon as the door fell into the lock.
"now. enlighten us, please"

Evan looked very unhappy to say the least. "okay. okay. just...one second" Acey rolled his eyes, and pulled out a small metal case for cigarettes. snapping it open, he suddenly stopped  and looked at Turpin. "oh, sorry. is it all right if I smoke in here?" he asked.
Evan seemed to have gathered his thoughts enough, and finally started hesitantly. "all right so...I...I am pretty broke at the moment. as in...completely. so, a guy I know knew a guy who worked for some sort of gang that controls one of the districts in the city. so, ususally I keep out of that business, but in this case I have no other choice then to take what I can get, yeah?. so uhm...after the boss person guy decidet that I could help out, I was told to go with an other guy to gather some...protection money from the shops in their area." at this point he raised his hands in a halfhearted protective gesture " I know its low, but hey, what can you do. anyways. we gathered...a LOT of money that night, more then I would have thought, My partener...vince or pete or whatever the heck his name was, turns to me  and says that he has a hideout with a safe, and that he planned to hop cities. I have no idea why he shared that with me. most likely his plan was to pin it on me should something go wrong. does not matter now. he told me that we would only take part of the money, and then hop cities, never to be seen again. The gang is not that influential, he says, so we should not have to deal with them as soon as we tailed it. and...well..." he looked deeply unhappy at this point, turning towardsTurpin rather then Acey, guessing she would understand him better then some fancy guy who did not belong here.
"I...I mean, what could I have done? say no? he most likely would have killed me then and there if I did not agree, and besides, it was a ton of money, even splitted and then splitted again, I was...in no position to say no so..." he took a deep breath "so we agreed that he took half of the money and lock it in his safe, and then to meet at his hideout the next day. I guess we hoped that the gang would believe us that the payment was not that good that night, at first the actually did. but the next day they...kinda sorta found out about the whole thing, and found us. and they shot jimmy or whateverhisnamewas, and well...you basically know the rest of it." Acey looked a bit pale, fearing the worst. "how much?" "huh?" "How much money did you steal?" there was a long pause, before Evan answered, barely audible "Fifteen thousand."
The small metal case slipped from Aceys Hands and hit the floor.

(hope this is okay^^')

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/24/2013 3:20 PM

Despite everything, Turpin couldn't help but laugh at Acey's question. "God, I'm beginning to regret giving that wallet back, you're clearly as posh as anything. Smoke where you like, it's hardly going to make much of a difference now."

As Evan's story unfolded, Turpin too grew pale (although in fairness that might have been blood loss). To state the obvious, this was not looking good for any of them. "You had to go and drag us into the shit with you, bloody hell. I mean, I know most people in this city, it's been my home for years. You don't spend years in a city like this without picking some things up, but, god. There's no easy way out of this mess." She dealt with the shock somewhat better than Acey, preferring to avoid it altogether and jump straight into trying to sort the mess out. Fifteen thousand keystones was an awful lot of money, to steal that much and try to get away with it, well, it was no wonder they were out for blood.

Turpin pulled out an old box from the pile and sat down, surprisingly it held her weight. She then rummaged through the pockets of her coat, and placed beside her some decidedly ratty-looking medical tape, a some cotton wool and a small bottle with small hand-written label that read 'antiseptic'. "We don't really have time for any of this, but." Well, it'd be just her luck to escape this thing alive and die of infection.

There was a few moments of silence while she worked. The quiet was good, it meant they weren't dead yet. "All right, chaps. I've been thinking. I don't think those two goons got such a good look at our faces, me and the posh boy, that is. If we help you, and it is an if,I think we might all survive. I was thinking, if we can get idiot-features here out of the city, and you made yourself scarce, I could call in a favour from a friend and it might blow over. Probably wishful thinking, but unless one of you has a plan it's probably our best bet, yeah?" She was brainstorming now, it was hardly a fully fledged idea but it was something. It was then it struck Turpin that she was effectively putting her life in the hands of strangers, she didn't even know their names. "Oh. So you know, my name is Turpin. Rachel Turpin, but just my surname is fine."

((That introduction wasn't hastily tagged onto the end of my post for convenience or anything. Hah. I'm just worried about how many more unflattering nicknames Turpin could come up with given the chance.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/26/2013 2:26 PM

Evan looked somewhat defensively at her "hey. its not like I planned to run into you..." it sounded more like a very bad apology then an actual try to make a point, tho.

Acey decidet to ignore Turpin's colorfull nicknames for the most part, only looking mildly annoyed at her.
normally, he would not let that sit on him so easily, but under these circumstances, his brain refused to come up with a good counter. Instead, after the first shock passed, he picked up the case and lit one cigaret, smoking it while Turpin was 'nursing' her wound. While he could not quite hide the slight...concern, if not disgust at the the less then hygenic utensils she was using, he figured that it was better then nothing.

The other man avoided to look at the procedure altogether, instead finding the dust covered papers to his left very interesting it seemed. When Turpin spoke up after the short silence, he finally looked up, looking desperately hopefull.  "Evan Micheals. You...really mean that? that you would help me?"

Acey listened intenly at her plan, and sighed slightly when the Introduction round started "Acey. just Acey.and...as much as I apreciate your plan, Turpin, I'm afraid this wont work..." he took a drag from his cigaret and continued "things this big dont just blow over. and while you are right with the idea that they might not get a good look at us, I would not count on it. So I think staying in the city would be hazardous, especially you, no matter how good your contacts are.And I dont trust in them just looking in the Slums for us either " He furrowed his brow slightly "also, as much as I want to leave this place, I actually did not come here for sight seeing. Believe it or not, I've got work to do here, and I'd very much like to do so without a bullet in my head. so. I say we have to somewhat solve the problem, not run away from it " he made a short pause, before turning his attention to Evan "The men that are after you...did they catch you and that other guy at his hideout?" Evan looked a bit surprised "what? no, we where on our way there and..." "so they do not know where it is?" "...no?" "and the money is still in the safe?" "y...yeah I guess" "hm." he looked back at Turpin "say...do you think you could get one of your contacts to deliver a message for us?"

He seemed a lot calmer and collected now, but he still was as worked up about their whole situation as before. and He actually would have loved to follow Turpin's plan and just leave this whole mess behind.
But, much to his dismay, he did not trust things to just sort themselves out...

(but...but I liked the nicknames XD
anyway, feel free to bash Aceys...beginnings of a plan into the ground if you like, he just tries to somewhat get control over the situation ;))

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/26/2013 6:38 PM

"It's not so much a case of wanting to, as having to. You dragged us into this mess, mate." Turpin replied with a shrug, and although Evan had caused her nothing but trouble since the moment he'd arrived part of her did feel a bit sorry for him. She knew the feeling of being hunted, of having nowhere to turn and it wasn't something she was keen on repeating. Not now, or ever.

She have a nod at Acey's introduction. Funny, she didn't normally take the time to get to know people she robbed. "Oh, fair enough. It was rather optimistic, I suppose. Conflict has never been my area, running from my problems has gotten me this far." She didn't have much, admittedly, but she was still alive and that had to say something for the coward's way out, right. Turpin wasn't sure where Acey's plan was headed, but it seemed reasonable even if the thought of getting more involved in this mess than she already was terrified her. He must be fairly intelligent, right? After all, it looked as though he'd managed to survive better than she had. (Still it was amazing how far you could get with no brains at all, she wasn't quite willing to place her life in Acey's hands quite yet.)

"Sure, I can get a message out. It'll cost me, but it's better than being dead." Whoever this contact was, it was clear Turpin was... wary of them. Not so much afraid as apprehensive. She put the bottle of antiseptic back in her coat and from the inside pocket fetched out the most battered mobile phone. It was probably a good seven or eight years old, the screen was cracked and without a back light and the casing was badly scuffed. She typed in a number from memory, waited until it had rang once, then hung up. A few moments later, someone rang her back.

"Arty?" In the silent building, the voice was easily heard. Made tinny by the old phone, it still had the ability to send a shiver down one's spine. It was like poisoned honey.

"Lin. Hello. ... It's, it's been awhile, hasn't it?"

"You should visit more often, goodness knows it's nice to have someone as useful as yourself around."

"I'd rather take my chances, if it's all the same to you."

The voice laughed. "You haven't changed a bit. Now, down to business, I'm assuming this wasn't just for a friendly chat."

"In a bit of trouble. A crapload of trouble, actually. Before you say anything, it wasn't my fault, I swear."

"You want a favour? Of course, I'll require something in return. Nothing in this world is free, you understand."

"One pint of my blood. Send Hester for me tomorrow." If she survived tomorrow, that was.

The person on the phone took very little time to consider this offer. Turpin knew she'd played a trump card there. "This must be some favour you want, Rachel."

"Friend needs a message passed along, that's all."

"Then hand the phone over. I'll make it a priority." Turpin offered the battered phone to Acey, hoping he'd heard what had gone on and put the pieces together. Lin was undead of the blood-sucking variety, thankfully she was civilised (well, mostly) and preferred her blood in bags rather than in veins.

((Hope this post isn't too long. I know it's an awkward way round of doing things, but I wanted to keep the plot moving. Oh, and Arty is a pet name of Turpin's, it's her initials: R.T.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/02/2013 5:35 PM

(no thats totally fine!)

Acey was quite happy that his objection was not dismissed, since he really did not want to waste any more time.
"well usually I am all for running away, but...I just don't think it will do us any good in this case."

He listened intently, Trying to catch every bit of the short call. This seemed...quite shady. That Voice and the whole Paying in blood deal was not helping either. But, they could not be picky now, could they. And if Turpin
had as good contacts as she claimed to have, at least this half of the plan would be more or less a cakewalk....
okay. more on the less side. but still.

shortly before Turpin handed him the phone, he motioned Evan to come closer to him. "I need the name of the gang and the address of the hideout" he almost whispered. "oh ahm...the guy who leads the gang calls himself
Hal Kavinsky...and the adress is Jayburn street 25 b...I think"  Acey threw him a very annoyed look, before taking the Phone.With a calm voice, he said "Hello Ms. Lin. Thank you very much for helping us with our...Predicament. I need a Message out to Hal Kavinsky and his group. They can find the Money that is missing at Jayburn street 25 b at..." he made a short pause "at 7 am tomorrow. no earlier." thinking about
this, he was not quite comfortable with giving away the location of the money to this unknown woman.
Then again, she seemed to prefer quite unconventional payment to begin with, so...maybe his worries where baseless. "oh, and maybe you could add to that that Evan is sorry. not that it will change anything but well...
it cant really hurt either. Thank you again"

(ugh...I wanted this to be longer, and get on with the plot too, but my head is currently killing me :/
sorry, I'm a bad rp partner lately...you can blame it on the horrible weather here, if you want XD

so, basically, Acey wants to go to the hiedout and crack the safe, so the gang can get to the money without trouble in the morning. if they agree to that, I though that maybe it would get interisting if one of the gangmembers  actually finds them, but follows them, causing trouble later? or something along those lines? o3o )

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next