The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Coerced (P: Shadowstiches & I) [V?]

Postby jobiehanna » 06/13/2013 11:39 AM

The house sitting on the corner of East 8th Street and Oak Street had been empty for years. It was abandoned because people thought it was haunted. So the strange young man who bought the place had no competition, and no visitors. People thought him just as odd as the house he inhabited. It was an average house, but it was obvious it wasn't taken care of, even with the current inhabitant. The shutters were always drawn, the roof was sagging, and the windows were either broken or covered with boards if they had no shutters. It seemed even more dilapidated than the average house in this area of the Slums.

No one came near the house. Even the closest neighbors made sure to keep their distance. Sometimes there were strange noises from inside, and the humans didn't like that. No mailman ever delivered anything to the man in the house, no family ever visited. It'd been that way for years, and that's just the way Azazel liked it.

Azazel was the man who bought the house. He was rather peculiar himself. He disappeared for long periods of time and had a commanding aura about him. He never seemed to age, and his pale eyes were very, very strange. He also seemed extraordinarily strong, because when he'd moved in he'd carried all his furniture into the house alone. But the strangest thing about him was the small pouch he wore around his neck. No one understood what that was all about, and no one asked. That's just the way it was. No one asked questions, ever. Not that Azazel would answer anyway...

Today was a delightfully dreary day outside, but Azazel hadn't gotten out yet. He just, well, didn't feel like it. And, quite frankly, he didn't do anything he didn't feel like doing. There was no purpose for going out anyway, not yet. There weren't many people among the rundown streets, and it was far too early to go to a nightclub where he could, err, eat.

Well, eat isn't really the correct word for what Azazel did though. It was more like... devouring... well, souls. He sucked them out of bodies of mortals who didn't believe in gods, goddesses, demons, angels, etc. It wasn't a highly looked on way of surviving, but it's what he did. And he liked it. Azazel enjoyed sucking the soul from someone and watching the light leave there eyes. Watching them try to fight it, but they couldn't. Not once he'd set in.

The seemingly young man was sitting in his favorite chair now, contemplating his next meal. He reclined in the large black lazy-boy and smiled. He couldn't wait for it, really. But he was content to sit in his chair until the sun began to set. Then he'd go out for a meal.

((I put a violence tag on, just in case. XP))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Coerced (P: Shadowstiches & I) [V?]

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/14/2013 1:23 AM

It had been a bit more difficult for him to find him then he originally thought. One would assume with that sort of a backstory, and his new...habits, Azazel would be easy to find. And to top it all, Netharem was not able to send out helpers to dig him up either. What he did here was not exactly...conventional, and he would get himself in quite a lot of trouble should someone found out.

After two weeks of intensive searching tho, the man dressed in dark, expensive clothes walked down a narrow alley. Usually, being so well clothed in a area like this was a pretty bad idea. But, for some reason or another,
the people stood away from him. Maybe it was the rather pale complexion and the a bit too green eyes, which  gave him a somewhat...unsettling apereance, or it was the constant smirk that played around his features ever since he knew where he had to search.

Before too long, Neth found himself in front of the old, run down house. No one in their right mind who did not live here would ever assume that someone was actually living in that abandoned looking thing. But he practically beelined to the front door. If his senses where not betraying him, the man he was searching for actually was at home. //well then. lets hope that this will go nice and smooth...//
He raised his hand and knocked sharply on the old front door. If Azazel did not sense him coming, He knew that he was here now. "Don't worry, I'm not selling anything!" he called through the door mockingly, waiting for it to open.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/09/2013 9:51 PM

Azazel wasn't the least bit startled at the knocking on his door. The moment the strange man had step foot onto the rundown property Azazel had sensed him. There was something unnatural about the man, and that meant he wasn't a food source. Which also meant he was a waste of Azazel's time. Unless it was his superior (which he would have known), then he was worthless.

Nevertheless, the man in the chair got up. Rather slowly, mind you. He didn't want his guest to think he cared about being polite. Azazel glided over to the door and peeped out the little hole in it made for such things. The visitor was rather nicely dressed with pale skin and startling green eyes. Azazel could sense a dark aura around him, and it wasn't quite human. He'd never gotten into the technicalities of seeing auras, so his sight was blurry and uncertain at best.

He smirked at the man's greeting and decided maybe the man was worth at least a little bit of his time. With a sigh Azazel opened the door. He stood tall with a hand resting on the door handle, the other casually in his pocket. "May I help you?" He drawled with a half smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/12/2013 5:38 PM

Neth watched a young pair, the woman currently screaming angrily at her boyfriend for some reason, walking by the house with mild interest.His attention snapped back when he heard footsteps coming closer to the door,-
//about time...// he thought, tho he could not really blame him. He would not really hurry to open the door to some stranger either...

When the door opened, he quickly examined the tall man in front of him, both with his eyes, and carefully checking his aura. It seemed to be a fit, but of course, one could almost never be 100% sure in such things. or...only very few where skilled enough for that.

To the Question, he quickly responded with a smile. "I sure do hope so. My name is Netharem, and, If I am not completely mistaken, you are Azazel, right?" he looked at the other one with careful curiosity. Hopefully, this would get done without too much fussing around..."A mutual... friend sends me. I would love to get more into details, but...I think it might be best if we go inside for that" he shrugged "or of course, if you prefer, we can
talk here in the doorway"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/26/2014 11:08 PM

Azazel tensed as Neth began to speak. He was put on alert by this man who seemed not quite human. No one knew where he lived. And if they did, how did they know his name? This other must be powerful, even if Azazel had never heard of a "Netharem". His grip tightened on the door handle and the hand in his pocket balled into a fist. "I am he," he finally said on a low note. His friendly half smile was gone, replaced by a look of stone.

He shuffled his feet, his light eyes devouring Netharem. He took in every detail of the man, his scent, his manner, his looks. This stranger was not ordinary, and Azazel wanted nothing to do with him. But he also didn't want to get in trouble or hurt either. Azazel wasn't scared of anything, but the stranger put him on edge more than he cared to admit. He tried to recover his composer, putting the smirk back on. "And who is this mutual friend?" He finally asked after a long silence. He ignored the stranger's request to come inside, preferring to talk at the door way, at least for now. The common people wouldn't notice anyway, they usually kept their eyes diverted when going pass.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/28/2014 3:21 AM

Neth could not help his smile growing a tad bit wider at Azazels reaction. /finally, someone who shows some respect/. to be fair tho, he would react much the same if he was in Azazel's situation. A stranger, a demon none the less who randomly showed up, and had knowledge about you whilst you had never spoken to him could turn out to be a very hazardous thing. Even with them both working for the same 'side'.

He waited for his response, and took a short moment to think of his answer himself, shrugging of Azazels refusal to let him in as a sign that the guy had some common sense. He pondered how to actually do this. shure, he wanted this whole thing to be over as fast as possible, and the easiest way would be jus to tell him. But Hela indicated strongly that he might not be overly willing to cooperate, and...well, making him work out thing instead of blurting her name into his face would be a bit more fun. maybe it would even unnerve him further and make him more...accessable.

"oh, dont get me wrong, I dont know her too well. but she seemed quite eager to meet you, it must have been a long time" he said, non chalantly "  you know her from your previous...uhm...occupation. That is in fact why she could not seek you out herself, I believe. you know...because of the whole 'good against evil border bullsh*t'" his eyes now seemed to gleam with amusement and curiosity on how the other one would react.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/01/2014 11:25 AM

Azazel stared at Neth, trying to keep everything he was feeling off of his face and body language. However, his jaw set as he ground his teeth in an attempt to do so. There was no way this strange man would know about her. She didn't traffic with these people. Her sense of duty was too strong to send this man, or not man, to fetch him. Even though Azazel didn't know who this Netharem was, he was certain he wasn't all rainbows and butterflies. Besides, she wouldn't want anything to do with him anyway.

He swallowed, still stone-faced, as his thoughts swirled around. It's been ages since he's seen Hela. And even when they'd been on speaking terms, she'd always seemed cool and aloof toward him. Why would she send this guy to locate him? What did she want with him? He was not the man he used to be. Finally, he seemed to realize Neth was still standing in his doorway. He nodded once, and opened the door to let him in. He still felt wary, but he didn't want to discuss his once love interest on the front porch.

"Come in," he said with motion of his hand. Azazel's mind worked overtime as he tried to comprehend what it was the goddess would want from him now. He wondered why she'd send Netharem as well, because there was no way she trusted the fellow completely. Even Azazel didn't do that, even though he was going to let him inside.

Once the other was inside, he shut the door behind him and strode through a doorway and down a short hallway, eventually ending up in a small kitchen. He was confident the other would follow him. He pulled one of the three chairs out from the rickety wooden table and sat. "Have a seat," he instructed Netheram. "I think you have a lot of explaining to do." He cut to the chase, hoping those words was all Netharem would need to tell him what he needed to know.

((Hope that was alright.))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/02/2014 5:23 PM

(sure thing, sorry for the delay)
He could almost see the cogs in the other ones head turning, and he could not blame him.
To be honest, he would have reacted much the same way if he was in his situation. But, he was not
and he was not really sure on how this would play out from now on. He would just have to wait and see.

He dipped his head slightly and slipped inside after Azazel, looking around with mild curiosity. The state of the house was...well, what he had guessed by the facade, to be honest. Not really his style, but it had its charm...in a way. //To each their own I guess//. All tho he seemed relaxed to the point of arrogance, he watched Azazels every move very closely. Not that he had a concrete reason to try anything yet, but he'd rather be prepared if he planned something.

"Thanks" Neth sat himself on the seat offered and looked at the other man, a half smirk on his face.
"well, yes and no" he started "I'm sure this is all a bit confusing to you, but really, there is not that much to it.Not that I know myself at least" he stopped. That was actually the truth, in a way. So far, Azazel did not flip out or try to run, so the next pieces of information would most likely not really cause this either. he hoped. so far this was all quite pleasantly smooth, and he'd like to keep it that way.

"As you most likely suspected, I'm not just doing Hela a favor here. We have a...business relationship, to put it that way. It's none of your business, so don't worry about it" he leaned forward slightly "all she would tell me, and therefore all I know is that she wanted me to locate you and kind of arrange a meeting of you two. That is pretty much the gist of it." he looked at him intently, before adding, almost in an afterthought "this meeting seems very important to her. Very important indeed. I sure you are aware that she would have never sent me to find you if it was something mundane she wanted to talk to you about" he hoped he did not press too hard with that last one. alternately, he could have tried it with :/I'd rather not break your legs and drag you there/ but he figured this was a much more elegant way.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/12/2014 11:45 PM

Azazel leaned back in his chair, arms crossed over his chest, as he listened to Netheram try to explain himself. When he mentioned a business relationship, his ears immediately perked up. There was definitely more there, and he would try to find out what if he got the chance. Hela didn't make deals with strangers lightly. Well, if this character was just a stranger to her. Within him, he felt a rage at where his thoughts were going. It was certainly misplaced, as he had no claim to her, nor did he want to. If Netheram hadn't turned up, he would never have thought of her again. He clenched his jaw and closed his eyes a moment to cool down. He listened intently to Netheram, his mood slowly cooling off until he opened his eyes once more.

The other was quite right, Hela wouldn't want to talk to him about something not important. This just made his mind spin, as there was nothing he could think of that would be important between the two. It'd been ages since they'd talked. But if there was really a deal between her and this... man... It must be important and well worth whatever the exchange was. Maybe there would be something in it for him, something that would make his life less mundane.

"I'm aware," he responded slowly, his eyes staring intently at Netheram. He shifted in his seat, stretching his long legs leisurely before him. He was trying his hardest to remain calm and nonchalant in front of Netheram, that was for sure. But he couldn't help the increase in his heart beat at the chance to see Hela again. He squelched any feeling he had, trying to focus on what the meeting would do for him. "What's in it for me?" He asked after a moment of silence.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/14/2014 8:53 AM

He watched the other demon closely, analizing his moves and trying to tell if he had gotten too far or not.
apparently tho, he was not crossing the line too far just yet.

To the question, he only shrugged his shoulders. "aside from the chance of meeting an old friend...I have no idea what exactly Hela would have in store for you." he had suspected something like that to happen. He would rather not offer anything. But it seemed even less desireable to get into a fight. he would try to offer some small help, if he would have to. "however" he added after a short pause "I could maybe help out with a thing or two." he tilted his head slightly. "It kind of depends on what you want. And if you can promise me or better sign that you'll be good and come with me to Hela" He already got a litt;e impatient. here he was, offering...well..some sort of help to this guy. he felt like some sort of errand boy being shoved around. how humiliating. but...if that ment that his plans would succeed, that was a price he was willing to pay.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/15/2014 12:20 AM

Azazel left out a puff of frustration. How could Hela expect something of him if she wasn't going to offer something in return? It angered him, that after all this time she would still ask something of him and expect to not give anything back. It was typical, but he was not the lovesick boy he used to be. He had matured and welcomed what she had condemned. He was an entirely different man, and she would not control him. He reminded himself of these thoughts as he listened to Netheram, hoping to completely stamp out any remaining emotional ties to the goddess.

After Neth had made his offer, Azazel's ears perked up. He leaned forward over the table, his eyes shining, thoughts focused again on the other. "What sort of thing could you do for me?" He smirked, but inside the wheels were turning. It was obvious Neth was not a mortal, and could definitely do something for him, but... Well, Azazel had no idea what. There were things he wanted, but he didn't know if the other could provide. Was soul grabbing an option? Or perhaps a monetary donation? Both provided power, and Azazel lived for power.

"I realize all of this bargaining is tiresome, but if I'm going to do this, I want it to be worth my while," he added as an afterthought, leaning back into his chair once more. "I'm not sure if what I want, you can provide." He left the sentence hanging, hoping the other would take the bait and tell him what was possible.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/15/2014 5:01 AM

Neth narrowed his eyes slightly, looking both amused and slighly irritated at the same time. Sometimes he found his own kind somewhat annoying, with the neverending back and forth of deals and being in someones debt or how to get out of it. But Azazel was right. He would act much the same if he was in his position, and Neth would have to make some sacrifices if he wanted to get to his own goal.
"Oh, I understand" he simply said, eying the other one. It was a game they where playing, and not one without risk. At least, he had some control here. or so he thought. "hm. lets see..."

He seemed to try to analyze the other one "If I understood correctly, you are kind of new to our side of things. or at least switched sides. which in and on intself is quite interisting, if I may say so" he leaned back slightly. "I further guess that you want more power, as this is pretty much what we all want" he made a short pause "now. I could provide you with a bit of influence over a certain area. either a district in the slums or a
small town near nabias." he shrugged "you can do with the humans there whatever you want. I dont really mind...whatever you choose to do, it would give you some power." he stopped, and seemed to try to analyze Azazel further.

It was kind of risky. He did not know too much about this guy, but he had the impression that this guy was probably similar to him. As in not liking to have to respond to upper demons. Feeling like having to do something grander. "however, that is kind of boring, isnt it?" he said, his voice sounding a bit more silky now. "now. I wonder..." there was somthing much more dangerous glinting in his eyes. "what would you say if I told you that I might have...ways to mix up things in our world. To make the ones who really deserve
sit on the upper ranks, and not be pressed down by the fat thumb of theur superiors?"
He was throwing a bone. Even if Azazel chose to pick it up, he would not give any further details. of course not, especially with him knowing Hela, a godess. In due time tho, he would fill him in more, should he prove suit for his means. The cryptic little tidbit he just dropped could hardly be used against him, even if Azazel chose to tell Hela. what would he say? 'Netharem is planning something'?. They where all planning something all of the time...

He watched him, tilting his head and waiting for an reaction

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/15/2014 10:56 PM

Azazel chuckled deeply, raising his eyebrows at Netheram. "I guess you know more about me than I know of you," he said with a flash in his eyes. It was an unfair advantage, but still the other was being smart with his offers. It was obvious to Azazel now that they were on the same 'side', both being of the demon world, or so he assumed. This cheered him up somewhat, knowing what he was up against. He was surprised he hadn't recognized it sooner. But he didn't elaborate on the fact that he was new to the demon side of things.

He listened to both of Netheram's offers, and he contemplated which one would be worth his while. Control of a small amount of humans, or the chance to stir things up within his realm? He had been lurking on the outskirts of demon society, welcoming his somewhat voluntary alienation. After all, he was not a full blooded demon and not fully accepted by all circles. He did like chaos and power, as Neth mentioned. Who didn't want power? His eyes flashed again as he thought, the wheels turning in his mind. He knew he had to think quickly, because these kinds of deals were once in a lifetime opportunities.

Finally, he seemed to come upon a decision. "Why not both?" Azazel leaned forward once more, a smirk upon his face. While neither offer seemed appealing on its own, both would definitely be worth his while. Having a certain influence over an area would satisfy his need to want to have a deal now, but with a promise of something more. He didn't want to take the second offer alone, because what if it ended up not being what he had hoped? He wanted to get all he could out of this deal, after all. He just hoped he hadn't pushed too far on the other demon. Netheram certainly seemed to hold more power than Azazel did, and Azazel did not like that at all.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/16/2014 7:56 AM

Neth at first looked at the man sitting opposite from him, then started to laugh silently.
"oh, I like your way of thinking" he said. "really, wouldnt have guessed that you ever came from..well...the other side of things" He knew too well that it was bugging Azazel that he knew some things about his past while the other one had little to nothing to work with with him. And he intended to keep it that way.
Also, there could be no harm in having at least a little fun, right?

"Here's the thing" he said, turning a little more serious now. "I am kind of the middle man in this whole deal.
you might be understanding that I do not whish to offer too much, given that you might get something back anyways from Hela. I am a sort of businesman after all..." he looked at him. He tried to remain calm, but he
felt restless and wanted the whole thing over with as quickly as possible. "how about this. we meet kind of halfway. I give you one of the districts, where you can do whatever you feel like, untill my...well...plan gets into motion. Should I need that district, which is not nescesarily the case, you will give it back to me without a fuss, but get the full benefits of the new 'order' of things" It was still more then he would like to give. in this case he still had a backdoor open tho. It was more of a territorial marking, if you would, then anything. He really did not think that any of the two districts would matter, if he was honest.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/16/2014 11:40 AM

Azazel grinned at Neth's laughter, a feeling of pride blooming within him at the comment the other made. It hadn't been easy to get where he was, but he could definitely run with demons now. "Yes, I understand your position," he answered the other demon even as he spoke. Azazel nodded his head as the other spoke, acknowledging that he was listening, and the deal didn't seem that bad. It would be fair to both of them, at least he hoped so.

"Hmmm," he said, tapping his fingers on he able as he spoke. It was obvious he liked this deal, but was enjoying dragging it out a little while. "Okay," he decided, his fingers stopping their tapping motion. He paused, wondering if he what he would say would be clear enough. Azazel sighed, sitting back to run a hand through his hair. "So, for coming to this meeting with Hela, I get a district with the promise of benefits from a new order, but only if I return the district should you need it." He paused again, taking the time to order his thoughts.
"That would be our deal then, if I understand you correctly." He wouldn't agree to anything until he had a full grasp of what the deal would involve. Deals with humans were tricky, but deals with demons were far worse. They were more crafty than most humans, and he wanted to make sure he knew what he was agreeing to before he signed anything.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items