The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

A Spy Among Us (Kitsume and I)(M)

Postby Jedi » 06/26/2013 1:30 AM

ImageImage
Abaddon |-o-| Sonneillon

Everything had to be perfect. Not a single speck of dirt in Sonneillon Mansion. Abaddon rushed across the building, making sure to cleanse every room of impurities. Luckily, the night before had consisted of all the big chores, such as washing the dishes and mopping the floors. Now it was up to him to maintain every detail, polishing the fine china, dusting the rooms three times each and raking up every leaf that fell outside the walls. "Hurry up and make cleanse this filth," his master Sonneillon ordered. "Yes Master," Abaddon obliged. He hadn't slept more than a couple hours the night before, trying to keep the house in godly conditions. An odd comparison, considering he was preparing a meeting for demons...

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Re: A Spy Among Us (Kitsume and I)(M)

Postby Kitsumi » 06/26/2013 1:40 AM

Deumos

A sense of death and darkness seemed to follow in her wake. Deumos smiled, a cruel smile, and moved towards the house. Actually, it was far more than simply a house. It was a mansion, and the ideal place for a demon of great power to reside. Visiting her general was the reason for the visit, but Deumos couldn't say that she didn't often enjoy the lush pleasures of Sonneillin's home. Business mixed with pleasure - it was her favorite way to do things.

Walking up the manicured lawn, she hit the buzzer on the outside of the gate. "Yes, tell the Master of the home that his visitor has arrived. Oh yes, and make sure that he has refreshments waiting. I will be very displeased if I am not greeted with food and drink."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/26/2013 2:22 AM

"Yes, we will be there shortly." Abaddon informed his master that his guess arrived, then grabbed the tray of appetizers from the kitchen. He balanced the tray in his left while he used the right to open the door and headed towards the gate, Sonneillon trailing beside him. Holding the tray in his left hand and his keys in the right, he fumbled through until he found the gate key. He unlocked the gate and swung it open before Sonneillon greeted her with "It's a pleasure to meet with you Deumos. Would you care for some refreshments." He then gestured to the tray still held by Abaddon's left hand. Abbadon then stepped forward, making sure to grab the other side with his right hand as well.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/26/2013 3:21 AM

Luckily, Deumos wasn't forced to wait long. The gate soon swung open, and she smirked at Sonneillin. "Still playing around with the half-breeds, eh?" Partaking of the food from the tray, she patted Abaddon's head condescendingly. "Well, at least this one is toilet trained." She laughed, and then motioned for the man of the house to lead her inside. "We have many plans to discuss. Several things have changed since last we spoken, and I am in need of your battle expertise."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/26/2013 4:54 PM

The term "Half-Breeds" offended Abaddon, but he wasn't willing to throw his life away for a little uncomfort. The pat on the head and toilet trained comment only added to the insult. As Sonneillon led Deumos to the mansion, Abaddon rushed ahead to hold the doors for them. "What news have you, Deumos. Surely I can offer my aid," Sonneillon asked. They crossed the threshold of the mansion as Abaddon welcomed her "Welcome to Sonneillon Manor. This way to the Den." He led them to a room with a large set of bookcases lining the wall and two lounge chairs set before a fireplace. Abaddon then asked "Would this be to your liking?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/26/2013 5:01 PM

Allowing herself to be led inside, Deumos made sure to study the entire area. She noted the location of exits, in case of an emergency, and places that would give her an advantage if someone where to suddenly break in and there was a fight. Both of these would probably not be used, but being the Demon Queen, it was better to be safe than sorry. There were many that wanted her dead, and sometimes even the strongest of precautions that Deumos used to make sure she wasn't followed wouldn't be enough.

"I personally prefer something a bit...darker," she said. "But, this will do for now. Before I let you know what is changing, I must ask you; does your word still hold true? Will you still fight for me as a General when the time comes?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/26/2013 5:51 PM

The question threw Sonneillon off. Few did he recieve question of his loyalty from others. This upset him. Surely something big was going to happen, and Deumos knew it. What upset him even more was the fact that somehow it eluded himself, but he just counted it towards Deumos' greater knowledge and vaster resources. "Surely you know I would die for you, my leige. Let us talk in private. Leave us," he commanded to his minion, who immediately obliged, clarifying with a bow and "Yes Master." After Abaddon closed the door behind himself, Sonneillon walked over to the bar, poured two glasses of wine, handed one of them to Deumos and stated "If you prefer darkness, hopefully this will suffice." He then used his teleportation to bring them to a realm of shadow and dark energy...

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/26/2013 5:58 PM

His answers satisfied Deumos, and she smiled - a thin, tight-lipped smile that showed little, if any, joy. "Good. You are the one person that I rely on the most, Sonneillon. You are my oldest friend, and the one who has helped me come into power. I still bear hopes that someday, when I rule on a Demonic Throne, that you will be my consort. Of course, as we have always planned, I will rule. But if I were to have anyone be my second-in-command, it would be you." She placed her hand lightly on his cheek in a rare gesture of affection, before removing it and letting out a sigh.

"Those half-breed twins, Demonic and Dementia, are gaining more recruits than ever. Us pure demons have become spread out throughout Evelon; yet somehow, large hoards of demi-demons are gathering together and joining the Half-Breeds for war." She rubbed her temples, as if she had a headache, although she didn't. "Unless we are able to find more recruits, we are doomed."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/26/2013 6:47 PM

"Thank you, Deumos, Your words inspire me." He smiled a little smile in compliment to hers, and felt comfort in her presence. "So what is it you wanted?" he asked... ..."I see. So those whelps are planning against us. The weak will either serve or be destroyed. It looks like they have chosen their fate, now we must decide how to deliver them their demise. Perhaps we could find other means of defeating them. Though sometimes useless, we may be able to use half-breeds to our advantage." He brought them back to the den and commanded his servant back into the room. "You called for me, my lord," Abaddon said, entering the room. "We have use for your talents. I need you to track out two half-demons. Perhaps Deumos can inform you."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/26/2013 7:05 PM

At the idea of using the half-demons that were already loyal (or otherwise bound in ways that would prevent them from disobeying) to their advantage was not one that Deumos had thought of. Her eyes lit up, and she slowly grinned, revealing teeth that were far sharper than an average human's. "Ah, yes. If a half-demon is able to find them, he would be welcomed into their midst as if one of them. At the very least, he could get near enough to overhear their plans without being discovered. They wouldn't suspect one of their own to be working for a pure demon."

As Abaddon came near, Deumos pulled out a neatly arranged folder. "These are the half-demons you are looking for." The picture was of a man and woman - both with brightly colored hair and a relatively 'punk' appearance. "They are the leaders of the uprising. You must befriend them, get them to trust you. And then, you must report everything back to us. They aren't too far from here, but to avoid delay, I have an artifact here that will help you." She pulled out a small ring, that looked very ordinary, but felt oddly warm to the touch. "I've infused this with some of my own powers - it will allow you to transport to about five miles away from their camp and back. I assume you will be able to make a five mile walk easily, yes? I know you half-demons are weak, but surely you'd be able to accomplish a small task such as this."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/26/2013 8:52 PM

(I'm going to start using their nicknames)

Donnie was slightly irritated by the insults pouring from Deumos' mouth, but simply stated "I won't fail you. I promise," and took the ring with care. He looked down at his hand, slid it on his middle finger and asked "How will I know it works?" He looked up to find himself no longer in the den of the mansion and instead found himself surrounded by trees. "You will need this to get to their camp," Sonny said, handing him a map and compass. "Thank you, Master." He studdied the map and headed in a northwestern direction. Donnie decided to jog instead of walking or running so that he would get there quicker but without fatiguing himself...

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/29/2013 5:49 PM

Deumos turned her gaze back on Sonnie and raised a single eyebrow. "You're sure that he won't betray us? I know that he's been loyal so far, but you haven't fully bound him to you yet. I heard that you like to keep your half-breed with a bit of flavor, and refuse to fully take away their free will. I'm sure that it's worked so far, but with him among other half-demons? What if he betrays you?"

ImageImage
Demonic & Dementia
"Nic & Demi"

Examining the soldiers in their training, Demi leaned her head on her brother's shoulder, who sat next to her pouring them wine. "Volunteers just keep pouring in," she said approvingly. "Not all of them are battle ready, but the demons haven't amassed any forces at all, it seems. We'll have plenty of time to train before the battle actually starts, at this rate."

"Yes, sister, but can we be sure that things will stay at this rate?" Nic let his gaze linger on the wine, as if afraid to continue. "The demons don't know that we have cut off their contact to all other demons. Half the demons of Evelon don't even know that there is going to be a war. If they realize that we've been intercepting their messages, keeping them from communicating, they can easily get around it and gather more troops."

Demi shook her head. "That will never happen. How would they ever find out?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/01/2013 10:10 PM

Sonneillon
"I know that someday he might try to betray me. That's why I had a curse put on him without his knowledge. Everytime he so much as thinks of betraying me, my mind is instantly alerted to it. Thus, I can prepare for whenever he might try something," Sonny said after he teleported back to the den.

Abaddon
Abaddon was nearing the camp by sign of the lights from the torches. He crept up behind one of the base tents, so as not to get caught, and peaked around the corner. Hundreds of half and semi demons were gathered in the center of the camp. Hopeful to blend into the crowd, he slipped in among the newcomers, then made his way to what looked like an ensign for the half-demons. "I'd like to join the cause."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/01/2013 10:20 PM

Deumos
"Oh? How clever of you." Deumos nodded in approval. "And here I was thinking that you couldn't take care of yourself." Leaning back in her chair, she let her fingers smooth through Sonny's hair. "You know, you're looking pretty damn good for your age." It was a joke to the demons, as most were unable to age, or decided to stop aging after a certain point.

Nic & Demi
The ensign was surprised at the sudden appearance of the young man - or half-demon, he should say. "Well...this is...strange." He gave an odd half-grin. "Most people just don't show up out of nowhere! I'll have to take you to talk to the twins. Hey, how did you find out about us anyways?"

He began to lead the stranger towards Demonic and Dementia, who stood as the ensign and Abaddon arrived in front of them. "Who is this?" Demi asked.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/01/2013 10:53 PM

Sonneillon
Sonny just glared at her as if to say 'did you really just say that,' but after a couple seconds, he simply laughed about it. "You know what they say, 'seventeen-thousand is the new twenty.' You're looking pretty fit yourself," he replied. "Would you like to see Abaddon's progress? My overseer's window is just in the war room."

Abaddon
"I left... er, escaped my master several years ago," he lied. "Since then, I've been living off the streets, dodging his efforts to kill me. If I can somehow learn to defeat other demons, maybe I can kill my ex-master." He'd been thinking his alibi while he was running through the forest, so that he wouldn't be caught for what he was; a traitor to his kind. "So who are these twins? Are they the ones in charge around here?"

"Jacob Firecloud. Ex-servant of Sonneillon, the Scornful," he lied, sort of. "I'd like to join the cause as to kill my ex-master, if you'd permit it."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next