The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Catching A Break

Postby Kyrit » 12/01/2013 3:36 AM

Somehow, somehow they had all survived their expedition and had now made it to the human realm of all places. Really, it'd seemed like the only, or at least best, option at the time if they wanted to get out of there without having to lug around a lot of dead weight. Speaking of dead weight, now that he and Cuss had taken care of Skitch his eyes fell upon Ishin and he gave a small frown. During their attempt to get to him, the poor kid had gotten dragged down and lost a leg. Truth be told, he wished it'd been Sobis since the man seemed to just care about money.

He gave a small sigh and leaned against a nearby tree. "We should take at least a short break here. Everyone didn't get much sleep, and I'm sure after all that crawling the kid is in need of the break." Sleep... He'd done his best to allow everyone to get some sleep, despite the fact he should've tried to act like he'd gotten some sleep. It just felt safer to him though to keep watch while they slept since he didn't need it. In the end he'd probably caused more problems with that than needed though, one of which was that someone now knew his secret. Surely he'd keep it as that though.

Figuring he might want to start trying to save some face, he gave a yawn and a slow blink, trying to act sleepy. He definite was tired, so it probably wasn't hard to act. He followed it up with, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm beat. We should get a hotel room once we make it to the slums and get some proper sleep this time."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Catching A Break

Postby Moofius » 12/03/2013 2:21 AM

Elemental powers often factored into Chaos plane shifting. It wasn't often that he messed up bad enough for him to actually corrode his own flesh (though the scars on his hands proved he wasn't perfect) but every time he moved through the planes he could feel it across his skin, a tingling that warned of pain if he tried to find the source. He didn't try when he teleported anywhere, no he was happy enough looking the way he did, thank you.

In the swamps he'd fulfilled the promise he'd made the little traitorous imp in the temple. Skitch's head was still between his hands, half rotted through and bloody. Cuss stood and threw his body to the side, not bothering to watch as it sunk into the swamp where a much slower decomposition was liable to start. He might speed it along in just a moment, but first.

"If you were so beat," Cuss hissed, rounding on their elven-eyed Chaos, "why didn't you wake anyone up? Why the cuss did you let Skitch get so cussing close to me, huh?" Cuss bristled, "You saw how fast he is, how quiet, quick. You saw me, I'm not cussing fast enough for that! We needed that distance!"

There had been a reaction to the blood before, back in the temple in the stairs after he'd torn into that first chaos. Black blood, old and new, caked to his hands and shirt and pants; it was smeared inelegantly across Cuss' face. He was literally a bloody mess and it was only luck and some... weird sort of mind control that had allowed most of it to belong to the weirdos in the temple.
"Why was Skitch all of a sudden your best friend? What the cuss did you say to him while we were all sleeping?"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/03/2013 2:46 AM

(I said I wouldn't make long posts, and then Tammy rambled. ;___; I'm sorry. DX You don't have to worry about a lengthy reply. xD; I just couldn't get him to stfu.)

The slim man's eyes ventured over to Cuss momentarily, only to quickly be diverted the moment he saw all the blood on the much shorter man. He'd done fairly well to hold his composure, but that didn't mean that the very sight of the blood he knew wasn't his own didn't make him a bit queasy. "I was tired, and still am, but after being betrayed once in one day I wasn't quite ready to close my eyes around a group of strangers," he mentioned, though Tamoriel was not refusing to look at Cuss for his stomach's sake.  "I did wake Ardis up at one point though when I was feeling slightly uncomfortable with their movements. I didn't want to wake anyone that might be reckless and make quick movements though, since it was obvious there was a group watching us."

He was trying to be as careful as possible with what information he gave to the group. They'd already talked about seraphim during the trip and had a discussion about fighting one in Ardeir's case. He wasn't too worried about fighting some of them if it came down to it, but if he had to fight Ardeir and Cuss at the same time.. well, he didn't see a favorable outcome. Perhaps he should have listened to Ansina and used the chance to just get rid of them all, but at the time he'd just wanted Skitch dead.

"You're probably not going to trust me no matter what I say." It was blunt, but probably true. They'd already seen him using sigils now, and Skitch's sudden character overhaul didn't help make him seem like a normal Chaos. "I felt as though I had the situation relatively under control though, and I didn't even have to wake you when I did. Because I woke you when I did though, he wasn't expecting it and you were able to grab him."

That left explaining the sudden change in character though. This one.. would be harder for him. Still, he needed to find some sort of explanation for them, even if he did leave the group once they reached the Slums. "As I'm sure you've all noticed, I haven't shown my true form. I find it vulgar and would rather others not see it. Skitch saw it though, as well as the threat that came with it."

He paused momentarily, using the fang they'd collected earlier to once again cut open his hand, holding it palm down. Black blood began to leak forth and pool together until it formed the shape of a scythe. "I wouldn't quite call it an element, but there are a few things that can be done by manipulating blood. The spell I used to make it easier for us to breath was one, and this is another."

Moments later the blood splashed to the ground and he began to wrap his hand lightly in bandages. He looked at Cuss with closed eyes and a smile, "Gross, no?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/03/2013 3:21 AM

"But you did subtly wake me when he was practically on top of me, and I kept my cool." Cuss snarled, "It was life and death for all of us, you don't think we could keep it together long enough to escape? What the cuss is wrong with you?"

"You and I," He gestured to Tim, "worked together that whole time, and you didn't think I could keep my cussing head long enough? I risked my neck for a kid I didn't know," He gestured to Ishin, "And you thought I'd betray you? Cuss you. Cuss you and the high horse you rode in on, you're no better than any of us."

Cuss watched the little display and bared his teeth. Not because what he was doing disgusted him or caused him fear. This was a threat, a weapon being drawn. He gathered his own element along his hands and fore arms, the power eating at the cloth of his shirt around the ends of his sleeves.

Cuss didn't find it disgusting, he had honestly seen worse, so he didn't say anything about it.
"Besides Skitch was approaching me. You could have gotten me up at the very least so I could defend myself if your stupid plan went wrong."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/03/2013 3:33 AM

Tamoriel gave a small shrug and leaned back against the tree once again. He wasn't trying to threaten Cuss, but he was trying to give him at least some display of having at least some sort of power without giving in and showing them all he was a fallen. "I also trusted Skitch, did I not? We all saw how that ended up. If I hadn't sent him back to get all of you I wouldn't have ended up behind a rock wall. He put on that little display with this chaos tooth, so how was I to know for sure that someone else wasn't just putting on a play with their selfless acts for the group? All it takes is one betrayal in the group for you to become a bit wary."

"I'm sure you're just as trustworthy as any of us. You've definitely shown that by now. I was wary though, and if we're going to spout out things about trust, I could always say the same to you. Did you not trust that I would make sure he didn't touch you? I kept you from walking off a cliff, so it's not like I was going to just idly sit back while another chaos takes a chunk from you."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/03/2013 12:31 PM

Tim had a point except he didn't, not at all, or not in Cuss' eyes.
"Yeah, he betrayed you AND ALL OF US!" He gestured to the group, who was for now, not interrupting their argument, "Or do you think Ishin's down a cussing leg for show? And even if it WAS the case, this wasn't about us maybe betraying you, we were all asleep. This is about you betraying us, or not trusting us enough to listen when our own lives is on the damn line!"

Even in a human disguise Cuss could growl, the disguise was as good a likeness to human as he could get, but it was flawed, all of their disguises had flaws, "I think I had proven that BEFORE we were asleep. And you only warned me when he was practically on top of me! I did not trust that you would make sure of any of that, not at all! I was practically cussing my pants when you telepathic woke me and he was right there!" Cuss knew he wasn't a very fast fighter. He wasn't quick and elegant, he just bashed through things as hard (and fast) as possible. Skitch's chaos form and those around him were faster than he could easily track with his eyes. If he was going to fight one he'd like them at a disadvantage, or to start some distance away so he could have a hope of seeing those bastards moving towards him before they were on him.

The cliff thing was true, and he'd navigated the temple with all of them. Which was why it didn't make any damn sense. It didn't add up, and Cuss wasn't one to hide his thought process.
"It just doesn't add up!"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/03/2013 5:16 PM

Tamoriel let out a sigh. He'd told Cuss everything he possibly could without yelling out, 'Yeah, we'll I'm a damn seraph!' Of course, that wasn't something he planned on letting out unless he ended up in a dire situation and had to show the entire group. He could hear Ansina in the back of his head mocking him, continuing to pester him and let him know he wouldn't be in this situation if he'd listened to her and used the group of fish Chaos to his advantage. He refused to do that though. He didn't betray them even given the chance, but that of course didn't seem to matter.

"Of course I didn't expect the kid to do anything," he muttered more or less under his breath. If any of them, Ishin was for sure the least likely to betray any of them. He'd already shown he was too careless and reckless to scheme anything. Really, he did trust them all even. He was just trying to put up a front, since the one thing he didn't trust them with was to react kindly to what he actually was.

The thought of this brought a genuine frown to his face, followed by the closing of his eyes to hide the hurt feelings that he'd brought upon himself. It didn't take long before he steeled himself again and shot a look over at Cuss once again. "Look, I'm sorry for letting him get so close to you. I got wrapped up in the situation and deciding how to react without setting all of them off was hard. I woke you up when it mattered though, and thanks to me we all made it out alive. You don't have to trust me if you don't want to, but I trusted my own decision. And if you don't like it..."

His words slowed, pausing momentarily, "I'll go ahead and leave the group once we get to the Slums. I know not to stick around where I'm not welcome." 'Even if it means being alone again...'

'Not alone, just with me' a female voice responded in his mind, almost as if she actually cared to cheer him up. This thought perished once she added in, 'And I'd prefer if we didn't hang out around other Chaos anyways.'
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/03/2013 5:30 PM

Cuss scowled as he absently rubbed his hands together, dried and half-dried black blood being rubbed off to fall to the rich brown mud underfoot.

At the mention of leaving Cuss frowned, "Ugh, what the cuss? No, why would you leave?" He didn't see it, or not really, "I do, or did, urgh, cuss, I don't know. There may or may not be a trust issue with between me and you now, but only cause you almost got me cussing killed. Leave if YOU don't trust us though; I'm not working with somebody who doesn't cussing trust me, screw that. Especially after going through that cluster cuss of a temple." The short, firey-tempered chaos turned and spat, as if just mentioning the place brought a foul taste to his mouth.

Cuss sighed and looked down at his hands for a quick moment, "You're not dead weight on the team, and you could have easily not-acted numerous times down there, the breathing spell thing, seeing all those trap-things. We would have probably died a few times over without you. So I trust you. Enough to work with you. Next time we're setting up better sleep shifts though, cuss leaving just one guy to determine whether or not he's tired."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/03/2013 5:47 PM

'Aww, look. Your little boyfriend is trying to make things better.'

Her words went ignored as Tamoriel gave a small smile and chuckled. "Well, you can count me out on the next shift if we have to do that any time soon. Once we get to the Slums though we should be able to get... decent rooms and all get some actual rest though. I'm sure once everyone's well rested we can figure out where to go from there."

That brought up a good question though. Where were they going? What were they going to do now? Did this little caravan have any reason to stay together now? Well, he supposed at the very least all of the actual Chaos would want to stay with the caravan since the leader was supposedly good at finding and catching Dwellers. His initial reason, or excuse at least, for joining the caravan was over the moment they split up what little treasure they did get. That is, unless they all planned on going back there some time now that they knew what to expect and planned on bringing more men.

"We should probably get going soon. The longer we stay out here in the swamp, the more of a chance the kid has of that leg of his getting infected."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate